Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Contesting Results ❯ I'd Be Surprisingly Good For You ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: TeaRoses.

Pairing/Interaction: Yumi(ko) Takagi and Walter K. Dornez.

----

I'd Be Surprisingly Good For You

The butler stared from behind the tree at the woman with the flashing katana. Her dark hair whipped around her face and concealed her feral grin. Shouts of "heathen" and "hellbound" rang out. Blood spilled, heads rolled, and it was all quite impressive.

He had been briefed and he knew what would happen next. A blonde woman dressed as a priest pocketed a gun and ran over. She was carrying a pair of glasses. The dark haired woman put them on, and Walter watched as she ceased her frenetic activity and lost the grin. She stared at her sword and the blood on it for a moment.

Meanwhile, a further disturbance a the edge of the trees distracted the blonde woman and she drew her gun again and ran off.

Walter stepped from the shadows and addressed the woman who remained. "Don't you think that was a bit excessive?"

She stared. "Who are you?"

He gave a small bow. "Walter C. Dornez, Hellsing family retainer."

She nodded. "Oh of course. And I'm..."

"Yumiko, if I may be so familiar."

"Yes, but, what do you want?"

Walter shrugged. "Simply to give you some advice. Those were only ghouls. There was no need for all that."

Yumiko looked at him curiously. "How would you know?"

"We're all different on the battlefield, aren't we? Well, most of us have only one consciousness. But there's still a need for restraint."

Yumiko walked slowly and without urgency in the direction her companion had gone. There was already silence in that area.

"You're saying you're not yourself when you fight either?"

"Myself, yes... myself over five decades ago in Germany."

Yumiko nodded. "It's not the same though."

Walter looked at her a moment. "Perhaps not. But can you honestly tell me you don't enjoy that? You, Yumiko."

She turned away pointedly and he gripped her shoulder. She shook his hand off and whirled.

"I do have a vow of celibacy, you know."

Walter laughed. "Yes, you lot do have that unfortunate tendency, don't you?"

"What do you mean by that?" Yumiko was visibly upset.

He held up his hands. "Only something general and Protestant. I assure you I'm a harmless old man."

"You're as harmless as I am. You're a vicious killer with a sick interest in string, and I'm a psychotic nun with a bloody sword."

Walter tilted his head to the side and raised an eyebrow. "Together, we fight crime?"

Yumiko nodded and turned. "Who knows?"

She walked on, and the butler followed behind.