Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Drowning in Darkness ❯ Fights and Frights ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Drowning in Darkness.

By: Lazeralk.

Standard disclaimers apply.

In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.

Part 6

My thanks again to all the reviewers; you make me keep writing this thing,

*

Neither of them could remember who fired the first shot, but as soon at the round left the chamber they both sprang into action. Shadow turned sharply on her heel just as Arucard rushed her; she spun out of the way giving him her back and slammed her elbow into his face. He took it without flinching and shot her point blank range at the small of her back. The shot would have severed her spine and crippled her for life had she been human.

Darkness descended all around them and Shadow healed, she turned to her left, slammed her elbow into his neck, carried through with the movement and punched him in the chest with a right hook. The gun materialized in her hand and she emptied the clip into his chest.

He laughed, his blood rushing with glee, spilling all over the floor in crimson waves before retreating back into his fully healed body. He'd never had so much fun. She scowled and tossed the gun aside; she rushed him and drove him back into a wall, her hand digging in his chest. She touched and first bullet and smirked. The shadows converged again and she pulled a blade out of him, made from the bullets she'd just shot him with.

He gagged on the magic that was thick in the air, fought to see in the blinding shadows. He felt the blade coming out of him, slowly. It was knife really, maybe a foot long, and very thin. There wasn't much metal in the bullets, but there was enough. She slashed downward with it, caught him across the throat. He reached up and backhanded her into the far wall. She flipped in mid air and landed with her feet against the wall, then launched her self back at him. She threw the blade with the force of her momentum and heard a satisfying `thunk' as it sank home.

He smiled, a truly happy smile, pulled the blade out and threw it right back at her. He followed the blade with a bullet. The knife sank into her neck the bullet into her head. She pulled the knife out of her and it was longer, the hole in her head closed up but no bullet popped out. He laughed, understanding what she was doing and emptied his clip into her stomach.

She plunged the knife back into her body and waited. Arucard nearly drooled with delight and anticipation when she drew a sword out of her self. She arched at eyebrow at him.

He licked his lips and charged.

*

"Malikai?" asked Seras, softly knocking on the door to his office.

"Hey." He said, opening it for her.

"Hey." She answered, suddenly nervous.

"You wanna sit down?" he asked, pulling out a chair for her.

She took it, not really looking at him and twisting her hands in her lap.

"What's up?" he asked.

"Malikai. I- well, promise you won't tell?" she asked, looking up at him with pleading ruby eyes.

"Sure, what's wrong, you don't look so good." He said kneeling before her and holding her hands in his, rubbing her skin with his thumbs.

"Something's wrong with me Malikai. Something's- something is growing. Inside of me. I'm not pregnant Malikai; I'm still a virgin. I can't be pregnant, it's not possible. So what's happening to me if I'm not?" she sobbed.

"Something, inside of you? Are you sure?" he asked.

"Of course I'm sure. I can feel it. Here." She said pulling his hand to rest on her stomach. He jerked his fingers away when he felt something kick.

"Come with me. We're going to get an ultra-sound." He grabbed her hand and pulled her out of his office and down the hall to the med lab. Only one doctor was on duty with a handful of nurses.

"Doctor Cunningham, we need an ultra-sound." Said Malikai.

"Already? Damn, looks we won't be getting together that betting pool after all." Said Dr. Cunningham merrily even as he handed Seras a hospital gown and led them to one of the private rooms.

Seras blushed. Malikai sighed heavily.

"It's not that! Really!" said the blonde, her voice just a tad too high pitched for her own liking.

"Of course it's not dear. This way please. Do you need help changing?" asked the doctor kindly. He didn't believe a word she said.

"No thank you doctor." Said Seras hotly as she began stripping. She stood in her bra and underwear and glared at them.

"Out!" she cried, pointing to the door.

They both sighed and left, giving her figure a once over before the door closed.

"Men…" she grumbled as she finished changing.

*

Arucard was currently on the floor in six pieces. Apparently sword was Shadow's weapon of choice. He pulled himself back together, reforming in a mass of blood and thicker things, his hands still gripping his gun. He aimed it at her face and pulled the trigger before he was even fully regenerated. She dodged the bullet and closed the distance between them.

She spun, and her blade bit into his half formed flesh at nose level, she kept spinning once twice three times, again and again, moving down ward in her spiral. She'd hit him at the neck, shoulders, chest, stomach, hips, thighs and knees. She stopped and leapt backwards.

Arucard stood frozen, trying very hard not to move. He knew that if he did, he'd be back on the floor in twice as many pieces as he was before.

"Give up?"

"No." he said and it was his undoing. His legs fell out from underneath him, his whole body collapsing in on itself in twelve neat pieces like steaks waiting to be packaged and shipped off to the grocery store.

"Are you sure about that?" she asked, shifting her weight to one leg like all girls did and looking down at the half of his face that contained his eyes.

"I'm sure." Said his disembodied mouth before the mass of meat and blood he'd been reduced to melted into darkness and he began to reform all over again.

*

Seras had never been in a hospital before. She'd always been a good girl, doing what her papa told her to do and as a result, she'd never broken a bone or had to have stitches in her life. The one time she'd ever thought she would be going to the hospital had been when Father Anderson had put one of his blessed blades in her throat. The wound had closed very quickly though and she hadn't even needed a doctor to look at it.

Now she sat on a bed with a paper cover in a gown that left very little to the imagination and looked around at the sterile whiteness of the room. The door opened, drawing her attention, and Malikai stepped in followed by Dr. Cunningham and a nurse rolling a large cart with a monstrous machine on it.

"Ok, let's get this started." Said the doctor happily, lifting up her gown at exposing her stomach. The nurse handed him a jar of clear cream and began hooking up the machine and starting it up. He spread the cream on her stomach and smoothed it out, using his fingers to gently prod at the thing growing in her. He felt it pulse and drew his hand back, giving her a concerned look.

"Miss Victoria, this early in a pregnancy, you should not be showing any signs of movement. You haven't gained a pound at all, and it concerns me that your baby may not be a baby at all."

"I'm not pregnant Dr. Cunningham, I'm still a virgin. Whatever is in me isn't a baby." Said Seras, unconsciously reaching out for Malikai. He took her hand without a word and rubbed his thumb across her knuckles.

"Then, what could it be?"

"I-I don't know."

*

Shadow stared very intently at the way her blade was positioned, trying to get it at a perfect forty-five degree angle. Arucard was glaring at her, trying to tell her what he couldn't with words. His gloved hands were wrapped around her neck squeezing with all his vampiric strength.

Shadow's sword-made-out-of-bullets was wedged up underneath his jaw, pinning his mouth closed. The tip of the blade was sticking out the top of his head, slowly dripping blood. His jaws worked but he couldn't get them to open around the sword. It was his own fault he was in this predicament, he knew, he had tried to bite her when he'd run out of bullets.

She growled at him, twisted the blade counterclockwise, scrambling his brains. He tightened his grip on her neck, more pinning her in place than choking her. She let go of the blade with one hand and dug in his coat for his gun. He arched an eyebrow at her and smirked to the best of his ability.

She smiled back at him and glanced at the part of the blade that was sticking out of his head. The shadows pulsed with her power and he suddenly had a sword in his skull and a loaded gun at his temple.

He growled low in his throat and tried to jerk his head to the side. She held the blade firm and pulled the trigger. Arucard's head exploded in a shower of blood and thicker things all over the floor, courtesy of his own gun.

*

The nurse handed Dr. Cunningham the sensor and stepped back ready to be of service if it was needed. He moved the sensor over her stomach in soft regular patterns and directed her attention to the screen on her right. The image was fuzzy, mostly black with lines of white. They looked at it in confusion, moving the sensor to get different parts of the picture and still couldn't figure out what it was.

Seras was silently terrified. That thing was inside of her and she didn't know what it was or why it was moving. She clung to Malikai's hand and fought back her tears.

Malikai was disturbed, the picture made perfect sense to him, who had been studying vampires all his life. He knew exactly what it was. That thing was the reason he had to kill Seras Victoria, that thing could not be born. He tightened his grip on her hand and silently apologized for what he knew must be done.

Seras kept looking at the picture and it suddenly made sense to her. Her brain finally recognized the shapes it was presented with and she jumped, throwing the sensor across the room. She drew in her breath and let the tears go, feeling the hot blood trailing down her cheeks.

"Master!"

*

Arucard worked his jaw; his head newly regenerated and rolled his shoulders back. He sighed when he felt them crack.

-Master! - Rang through his head and he froze, caught up in the torrent of emotion he was getting from his child. She was drowning in fear, confusion, shock, anguish, pain, and betrayal.

"I'll kill the bastard." He said calmly, pocketing his gun and turning to walk through the wall towards the med lab.

Shadow dropped the sword and moved to join him. They walked through the wall together, leaving the wrecked training room to the darkness. The sword on the floor dissolved into nothingness and then reformed into a handful of slightly mashed bullets.

They came out the other side of the wall and kept walking, Arucard hissing and snarling, Shadow calm and silent. They arrived in the med lad at the same time, both walking out of the wall. Arucard took one look at the sobbing Seras and the ultra-sound equipment and backhanded Malikai with enough force to throw him into the wall, but not enough to snap his neck.

"Come to me my child." Said Arucard opening his arms to his crying fledgling.

"Master!" she cried, burring her face in his coat.

Arucard growled at them all and let his gaze come to rest on the doctor.

"What happened?" he demanded.

"Miss Victoria is pregnant with something not entirely human." Said the quivering doctor.

"She's what?"

*

End part 6