Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Drowning in Darkness ❯ 20 Questions ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Drowning in Darkness.

By: Lazeralk.

Standard disclaimers apply.

In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.

Part 9

To all my reviewers, I love you guys! This fic is for you all!

*

Marcus came-to and looked up at his master, his slave. He turned to look at the vampire and the woman sprawled on the ground before him and grinned maliciously.

"Kill them." He said to the demon. The beast was all smoke and fire with eyes that glowed with a darkness beyond anything they had seen. The monster turned to growl at its keeper, an angry and indignant sound. The hatred that flowed in the air was a heavy choking thing, drowning them in darkness.

Then it turned to them and opened jaws that were too impossibly wide and took one ground rumbling step towards them.

*

-Please. Your master will die with out me. -

-You lie! -

-No, no never to you mother. Never to you. I will only help you, you are my mother, my maker. I owe you everything. Please, please trust me. -

-No, no I felt what you are. I can't trust you. -

-You can! You can! I love you mother! Please! -

-…..You really mean that don't you? -

-Yes! Yes, mother, I would never hurt you. I love you mother. -

-What are you called? -

-I will have a name if you give me one mother. -

Silence.

-Allen. -

-It's lovely mother. Thank you. -

-How can you help my master Allen? -

-Just say the words I give you and I will be free of this shadow prison. I will come to your hand. Just say the words I give you mother. -

-All right. I'll do it, but only if it will help my master. Do you understand me Allen? I want to help my master. -

-Yes mother. Your will is my will. Now say this: Est nuvari kulonralk en venitora naliks. -

"Est. Can you say it again?"

- Est nuvari kulonralk en venitora naliks. -

"Est nuvari kulonralk en venitora naliks." Said Seras clumsily.

Dark energy pulsed around her and the blade dropped out of shadows and into her hands. She stared at it dumbly for a moment before the voice of her child was once again in her mind.

-Come mother, let's slay the demon who dares to threaten your master. -

"He's your master too, through me." Said Seras, glaring at the shimmering blade.

-As you wish mother. -

Seras climbed out of the hospital bed and headed for the door, the blade naked in her hands and glowing with black power.

*

Arucard was a happy vampire. After months of sitting around the house and taking out a few weaklings here and there, this had him positively perky. Yes, things were defiantly looking up, way up, the demon made Michael Jordan look like dwarf.

He pulled himself to his feet and aimed both Jackals at the things face.

"You ok Shadow?" he asked, never taking his eyes off the monster before him.

"That's a rather stupid question." Said the Shadow Walker dryly as she too climbed to her feet.

"Great. Let's see if this thing bleeds." With that, he fired both guns simultaneously. The shots hit the beast in the face but really didn't seem to do any damage. Its giant head just absorbed the bullets and spit them out the other side.

"Joy. Looks like its up to you fair maiden. Go and slay the dragon to rescue your knight." Said Arucard with his usual maniac grin.

Shadow rolled her eyes and her blades emerged from the Deep, fitting into her hands like old friends. She took a stance for all of half a second before launching her attack. She danced and struck and sliced and hacked but the monster did not react at all. It just stood there and let the blades pass through it.

She retreated to her former position and scowled. The demon just looked at them as if to say: `Are you done yet?' before throwing back what passed for it's head and roaring. The sound shook the ground and made the trees bend and whine.

Arucard looked at the woman beside him and tossed his head casually in the direction of the demon.

She nodded and they attacked at once, Arucard shooting his guns and calling on the hellhound familiars in his body to life. The erupted from his shoulder and side, slammed into the demon and began to worry at its mass, throwing their heads back and fourth ripping and tearing with their terrible teeth. (And rolling their terrible eyes.)

Her blades sunk home again and again and drew something thick and black if only for a moment. She thought perhaps it was that the beast's attentions were divided. She didn't care much for the reason however. Their ministrations were gaining them a reaction. The monster now howled and shook, clawed at the hounds and at the bullets stuck in its withering flesh.

The front door of the Hellsing mansion opened and Integra followed a figure out.

"Arucard!" she yelled before glaring pointedly at Seras as the girl crossed the blood and ash soaked lawn to meet her master. He eyes were blanked and The Blade to Call All Darkness hung in her grasp.

Arucard spared only a quick glance at his child before concentrating on the battle at hand. Integra growled and retreated back to the castle to brood. Arucard felt her anger and it fueled his own, sending more power into his hounds. Shadow must have felt his growing aggravation at their lack of progress because she too doubled her efforts.

Seras came to stand at her master's side. She stopped, her eyes never leaving the monster. She drew back her arm and threw the blade with all her might straight at the demons heart.

The hell spawn howled with agony, its tar black blood leaking slowly from the wound. Seras came back to herself and collapsed, shivering and shocky. She curled up in a tiny ball and wept.

The sword grew darker and darker at it drank down the essence of the demon, stealing away its life, its energy. The blade grew stronger, more aware as its victim grew weaker. Finally the creature died, bursting into pure white flames, as if the heavens were purifying the earth of its foul presence, and collapsed into ash.

The sword fell from the air and landed in the earth gleaming with power and a quiet hunger that consumed all. Arucard retracted his hounds and knelt by his child, lifting her up into his arms and cradling her gently to his chest. He sighed down at her but kissed her forehead and walked back to the Hellsing house.

Shadow remained behind, looking at the dark blade. She scowled at it and then opened a triply thick shadow pocket and sucked the cursed weapon inside. She placed her seals around it and prayed to her own silent gods that it would be enough.

She then turned to the shell-shocked vampire standing at the edge of the circle and walked to him. She looked at his face for a moment before splitting him in half with one graceful strike. The Vampire Marcus crumbled and died.

*

Arucard pushed his way through the foggy barriers that seemed to envelope his child's mind. They shouldn't have been there, least of all to him. He was her master; her maker and he should not have been barred from her mind.

Still, he walked on and sorted through them, seeking his daughter's comforting presence. He finally found her, huddled in a corner of her thought-scape and weeping.

-Seras? - He called. She didn't respond.

-Police girl. - He said, more firmly.

-Master? -

-Yes police girl, it's me. -

-Master! - She called, giving him the equivalent of a mental hug. She leapt into the arms of his metaphysical self and he held her much the same as he held her physical body. She woke then and blinked ruby eyes at him, a soft smile on her face.

"Master." She sighed, happy and safe.

*

Shadow retreated to her shadows, leaving the mortal realm behind and drifting in the darkness around the small floating island of her room. Her feet found the familiar paths that she had walked for centuries, her eyes looked unconsciously for homes of friends that were no longer there.

She looked out at the vast emptiness and her heart ached. The loneliness threatened to consume her and she willed herself back to her room, her safe place. She sat down on her floor, the place she was most comfortable and just stared at it for the longest time.

The minutes seemed to drag on and on and silence was deafening, it was then that she realized how utterly lost and alone she was, only then she let the tears fall from her eyes. She just sat on her floor and let herself cry, knowing that in the echoing darkness, there would be no one to hear her.

*

-We did well mother. You were wonderful today. - Whispered Allen to his mother's ear.

-Leave me alone Allen, I'm so tired. I just want to sleep, here, in my master's arms. Can't I do that Allen? - Replied Seras sleepily.

-Of course mother. But you have the words now mother, won't you let me out? I'd like to explore a bit. -

-No, no, I can't remember them right now. Good night Allen. -

Seras yawned and fell asleep, safe and happy in her master's arms just as she'd wanted to.

*

Allen brooded, he'd have to get that fool of a woman to let him out soon, the shadows he was trapped in were absorbing the power he'd stolen today and he couldn't understand why. The Deep was not supposed to do this. Demons had crossed the shadows into other worlds before and had never complained that it was a draining experience. Something was wrong with it, and he didn't like it one bit. All that power had to be going somewhere.

*

End part 9

Everyone who thinks they know what's going on, raise your hand, then clue me in because my muse is telling me zilch.