Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Old and New ❯ Chapter 1 - Party ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Hellsing or any of the characters therein. If I did, I wouldn't be writing fanfiction about them. I'd be making up all kinds of demented things for them to do in the show and manga. ::drools for a moment.:: Anyway, on with the show. Er… fanfic. Sorry about the crappy title, I couldn't think of anything really witty. Rated R for language.

Of Old Memories and New Adventures

Chapter One - Party

Bitch.

Snobby. Pretentious. Shallow. Bitch.

Integral Fairbrooks Wingates Hellsing loathed the woman sitting across from her. The wide expanse of Integra's desk did little to intimidate the snooty, whiny, quality in the girl's voice. Integra's steely glare also unfazed her.

"It'll be a great opportunity for you. To meet donors, people who have quite a lot of influence." The woman continued blithely.

`How did this woman ever marry a noble?" A glance to the woman's barely suppressed cleavage answered that for her.

"And after the last incident, and you being locked up. Well, you need more people on your side." Integra wanted to stab the woman with her letter opener.

She had had enough. "Thank you Mrs. Andove for the invitation." She rose from her chair and nodded to Walter. "I have a very busy schedule ahead of me, Walter will see you out."

"Yes, of course." Andrea Andove placed a small cream-colored envelope on the oak desk. "And do bring someone with you. We'd hate for everyone to think you frigid." She gave Integra a saccharine smile and turned to go. Walter escorted her politely away. Integra noticed that he limped slightly.

Integra picked up the envelope and tapped it against her lips as she thought. `That damned bitch just wants to show off being a duchess. Still…" Meeting contacts might be worthwhile. They were in no trouble financially, but they did need more people on their side. They had the Queen's backing, but that was about it. Especially after Alucard had broken her out of prison. Most of England now saw Hellsing as bad as the vampires.

Walter entered the office again and sank gratefully into a chair. Integra noted this. Walter was getting on in his years.

"Walter, I've decided to go watch that woman gloat. Since I have to bring someone…"

"If I may interrupt Integra-sama." Walter stood up slowly. "I know I escort you to social occasions when the need arises, but I'm afraid I won't be able to this time. My knee…" He looked down at the appendage like it was an insolent child. "I'm afraid that you will have to find someone else, I apologize most sincerely."

Integra smiled faintly. "No Walter, I wasn't thinking of taking you." That bitch had called her frigid. `She wants me to bring an escort, then I'll bring an escort.'

***

Walter entered the kitchens wearily, without his limp. Luckily the cook wasn't in sight. Probably hitting on one of he maids.

Seras was rummaging through one of the three large refrigerators and heard him come in. She had used a lot of energy healing from her last mission and was looking for a blood packet.

Walter sighed heavily. Seras looked round the refrigerator door at him. "Is something wrong Walter-san?"

"I'm afraid so, Seras." Walter sighed again.

"What is it?" She opened the third refrigerator and found that it was entirely devoted to storing the medical blood the two resident vampires consumed. She tore open the top and drank from it like a straw. She walked over to Walter, sipping contentedly.

"Integra-sama is going to attend an acquaintances' celebration. She is required an escort. I feigned sickness so she would choose someone other than me to go with. I do not know why she would rather have an old man like me around instead of someone younger. It turns out that she didn't intend to take me this time."

"What is wrong then? She is taking someone, ne?"

"Yes."

"Who?"

Walter looked grim. "Alucard."

The blood packet hit the floor with a heavy splat. "M-master?!" Seras squeaked. She didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

***

Integra stepped into Alucard's chambers. It was dimly lit as always. Integra could just make out a shadow sitting in Alucard's chair. A deep voice flowed from the shadows. "It is impolite to walk into someone's chambers unannounced. You might see something… indecent." She saw a flash of white, the light reflecting off of Alucard's fangs.

Integra fastened her steely gaze on the chair. "You knew I was coming down. If I saw anything indecent, it would be something you wanted seen."

Alucard's smile grew wider. "You have an order for me… my master." He said the last two words with emphasis, low and almost seductive too.

"Not exactly." Integra flicked the envelope to him. It disappeared into the darkness. "I am attending a celebration at the end of the week. You are to be my escort."

She heard a rustle of paper as Alucard read the invitation. Then he began to laugh. It started as a deep chuckle, echoing off the stone walls, then turned into a full laugh.

It sent a shiver down her spine.