Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Old and New ❯ Chapter 8 - Sister ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Hellsing.

Old and New

Chapter 8 - Sister

Integra shuffled through the morning mail. She was surprised to see a telegram for Alucard. She was tempted to read it. Who would send a telegram to Alucard and why? But it was his own affair. She sent Walter down with it.

Integra wondered whom the telegram was from. She wondered if it was from a woman. She should have checked. Why did she care anyway?

He was handsome.

Where had that come from? She shouldn't be thinking like this. She was Alucard's master, he was just like any other of her employees.

Well, maybe not EXACTLY like her other employees.

`I wonder how many women he's slept with.' She shook her head. This was getting crazy; she had more control over herself than this. It's time she started using that control.

***

Alucard woke feeling uneasy. Why was his sleep so disturbed recently?

He saw a yellow piece of paper lying on his table. He picked it up.

Alucard

I shall see you very soon.

-Dulcibell

He smiled. So Dulcibell had found out about her sisters' death. This should be very interesting.

He had been looking for a challenge; this just might be what he was looking for.

***

Seras opened her coffin to find her master standing over her. She screamed.

He smiled wickedly at her.

"Stop doing that Master." She pleaded with him.

The smile didn't leave his face. "An enemy is coming policewoman. A strong enemy. You should be prepared." Then he faded out.

She rubbed the side of her head with her hand. "He enjoys this too much." She said.

***

Seras wandered around looking for Walter. It turned out that he was looking for her too. "Miss Seras, I have completed the repairs on your Halcannon."

"Good, I was just going to see you about that. I may be needing it soon."

"Right this way." They arrived in the armory to find Pip already there.

"Walter, there you are. I need a replacement for this." He held up his shotgun. "Alucard said trouble is on the way."

"I shall be with you in a moment. I have to return Miss Victoria's weapon to her." Walter struggled to lift the box containing the Halcannon. Seras took it from him easily and set it on the table.

"How many weapons are in there?" Pip eyed the seven-foot long box.

Seras began unsnapping the latches. "Just one." She said. She pulled her gun from the case. It had been a couple of weeks since she last used it. In some small way she missed it. Walter was right; it was suited for her.

Pip's eyes widened. "Oh, that's right." Seras said. "You've never seen my Halcannon before." She held it up for his inspection. "Feeling a little inadequate?" She asked, her voice dropped a little.

The barest hint of red touched his cheeks; he started shaking his head. "I meant the shotgun." Seras smiled wickedly. She didn't taunt often, but when she did it was a wicked one.

Pip, for once, remained quiet. Nothing he could say right now would help him.

"Will this do, Captain Bernadotte?" Walter handed him a grenade launcher. "I believe we have a rail gun as well. You might have more trouble with the rail gun though. It is a bit unwieldy."

Pip grinned. "I'll take both, I'll set the rail gun on a tripod somewhere. What kind of rounds do you have for this?"

"Only one type, exploding."

Pip's grin turned wicked. "Perfect."

***

Alucard descended from the ceiling. He landed in the chair opposite Integra's at the desk. The others were in the office as well. "What is this I here about trouble coming our way?" Integra asked him.

"Sacrissa's older sister Dulcibell has learned of her little sister's death. She will be here soon." He crossed one ankle over a knee and leaned back in the chair.

Integra swore. Pip whistled. "She had a sister? You are one kinky bastard Alucard."

Alucard gave him a look. "Dulcibell's only interest in me is in having my intestines strewn all over the floor." A smile crossed his face. "I have never fought her myself, but I have heard that she is at least twice as strong as Sacrissa."

Seras gulped. "Do you think we can destroy her master?"

"I do not know." His smile grew wide. "I will not know until I fight her."

There was an explosion and a red glow lit the windows from outside. Pip, Seras and Walter rushed to the window. "Ghouls!" Walter exclaimed.

Ghouls were swarming over the front yard. The Wild Geese responded with uncharacteristic quickness and set up a barricade. "I'm going down there with my men." And Pip rushed off.

Seras looked over at Alucard who, with Integra, had remained seated. "Yes, Seras, Dulcibell is vampire." He never took his eyes from Integra's. "Your orders, my master?" She turned her chair around to face Seras and Walter.

"Walter and Alucard go down and engage the enemy. Seras back up with your Halcannon." Seras and Walter saluted, then left.

Alucard stayed behind. "And what of you?" He asked.

"I will remain here." She schooled her expression to its usual cold façade. Then she turned to him. "I will be fine. As long as the mansion is not breached, I will be safe. I will give additional orders by radio." She dismissed him.

She pulled a key ring from her pocket and unlocked the bottom drawer from her desk. She pulled all of the items out of it and prepared herself. She folded her hands together and placed them on the desk before her.

She waited.

***

"Look out! Watch the barricade!" Pip yelled. It had been slowly slipping along the ranks. The ghouls seemed endless. They swarmed around the cracks in their defense.

Pip ran up as a ghoul pulled down one of his men. He shot the monster in the head. Suddenly he was picked up roughly and thrown. His grenade launcher flew out of his hand and rolled away. He landed hard; the air was knocked out of him. He rolled and reached out to recover his grenade launcher. A large black booted foot kicked it away. Pip looked up, and up.

A large man all dressed in black stood over him. He was very tall, and very, very wide. Pip slowly rose to his feet. The man's skin was as black as ebon, He was bald, and when he smiled at Pip, he revealed white wicked fangs. "Are you the Captain here?"

"That's me." Pip smiled. He pulled his shotgun from his coat and fired.

***

Integra didn't have to wait very long. All too soon a figure emerged from the wall. She wore all black. Tight black turtleneck and black leather pants. A long black trench coat and a hat not unlike Alucard's completed the outfit. A katana was strapped to her back. Her hair was rich, colored mahogany. Her eyes were an emerald green. Men must find her very beautiful.

She plopped down onto the chair across from Integra's gracelessly. She lifted two booted feet and propped them on the desk. She tilted her head as she looked at Integra. "It seems I was expected. My decoy in sending the telegram to Alucard has failed."

"I knew." Integra said, calmly. "I knew as soon as Alucard told me you were coming. I knew that I would be the target. Because I was the one who killed Sacrissa. Your sister."

Dulcibell's eyes narrowed in rage. Her beautiful face turned ugly when she was angry. She pulled her boots from the desk. She placed both palms flat on it and leaned toward Integra. "And what can you do alone?"

"The king is a very versatile piece, if not the strongest." Integra said, still calm.

"We shall see." They rose from their chairs slowly. Dulcibell drew her katana and sliced through Integra's desk in one motion. Integra jumped back. She drew a long saber from a scabbard at her side.

"My katana has been blessed with the blood of the last dragon, whom I killed, over four hundred years ago. Its edge is beyond comparison and it shall never dull. Dare you defy me with that saber?"

Integra smiled. "This saber belonged to an ancestor of mine. It is far from ordinary." She fell into stance.

Dulcibell laughed. "Blessed with the power of your god? It shall not work on me."

"Come then."

***

Alucard shot down ghoul after ghoul, but couldn't find the one he sought. `These are merely pawns, where is the knight?'

Understanding flooded through him, it left him cold down to his bones. Sending the queen, the most powerful piece, after the smaller pieces while the king remained unguarded.

Her turned back to the mansion. The windows of Integra's office glowed red.

Checkmate.

AN; How was that? I must know. Next chappy coming up soon.