Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Price of Freedom ❯ Sacrifice ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: This is set after volume 6 during the war with Millenium. It is an AU. Major spoiler for volume 5 & up.
Disclaimer - I do not own Hellsing or the characters.

Inside the Police Girl. Pip grinned at the irony. He had wanted to get inside of her since the moment he laid eyes on her but this wasn't what he had in mind. But, right now there were other matters to deal with. London was in ruins from Millenium and the Knights that Iscariot had sent. It looked like something he had seen in an old World War II movie but much worst. There were ghouls and vampire roaming around trying to feed on whatever human flesh they could find. It disgusted him - he and Seras would kill every last one of the beasts. To make matters worst, Alucard, who was supposed to be on their side, had unleashed his army of the undead. Pip felt like this all had to be some sort of nightmare. It couldn't be real. Did the vampire really have control of all of the spirits? The whole thing just seemed like something from a George Romero movie.
C'mon Seras - we have work to do. There are innocent lives depending on us. Somehow I don't think your Master is too concerned about them.
Yes, Captain.
Hey, girlie, will you just call me Pip? I'm inside of your body for Christ's sake. Don't think we need to be so formal.
Well, okay - it is just habit, but I'll try…Pip. Seras chuckled. It was too weird hearing Pip's voice inside of her mind. I guess there is actually something good about being one of the undead.
Seras flew into the city - to look for any innocent survivors that could still be saved and guilty vampires that could be killed. Sadly, she found more guilty then innocents. There were those who had just been bitten that she had to kill as well. It hurt her like hell to do that even though she knew they were all ready dead. The blood of the bastard vampires that had killed them offered a little comfort. Seras would not be satisfied until every last vampire from Millenuim was killed. They would pay for their crimes.
After awhile Seras headed back up to where she had left the others. She wanted to make sure Integral was okay even though she was pretty sure Alucard would not allow any harm to come his Master. It was then that she saw them. A group of teenage boys, they couldn't have been more then fifteen years old. They were armed with rifles and handguns.
Pip - do you see them? What on earth are they doing? Why aren't they inside hiding from the ghouls and monsters. They're going to end up dead. Or worst.
Do you think they care about that, Seras? They are teenage boys and their city, home, is being destroyed. They probably saw their parents, sisters, and girlfriends, raped and killed. Do you think they want to live any longer? No, they have only one thing on their mind - revenge. I bet they just want to kill as many vampires before they die.
But, Pip - they are only boys. We can't let them die - it is just not right.
Pip thought about it and Seras was right. They had to do something. He supposed that being a mercenary soldier had made him a little bit hard. Pip had only been a boy himself when he had started killing for money. But, this was different - they were fighting the supernatural and wouldn't survive without their help. He had gotten killed after all - those kids did not stand a chance.
You're right, Seras - they won't last long. Hurry up and get over there.
Seras ran as quickly as she could to where they had seen some of the boys but when she got there - they disappeared. Damn it! She heard voices and headed in that direction. Seras stopped when she saw them - they were too late. The bodies of two young boys and one girl - were lying motionless on the ground. The monsters had devoured them. Seras didn't know who was angrier - herself of Pip. Seras had to kill them again - it wouldn't be long before they would turn into ghouls. Seras sensed human lives nearby - maybe there was still hope. When she turned the corner, she froze. Seras never dreamt Alucard was that powerful.
Her Master had control of what looked like an army of dead (or were they undead?) souls. They looked like they were alive but were under her Master's control. Seras turned to move the other way - she didn't want to be anywhere near her Master and his army, when she heard a scream.
There were three boys, these younger then the others, headed towards Alucard's army. Oh my God, they can't be any more then twelve. She yelled out to Alucard but he didn't reply.
“Master! There are some children - tell your soldiers not to harm them! Master! Master! Alucard!”
Still - no response. The boys were headed in the direction of the Undead Army. A sense of panic filled her head. Pip, what do we do? I want to go but I'm afraid I won't reach them in time and what if …
Let me take over, Seras. I'll get us there in time. If we let those boys die we're just as bad as those hypocrites from Iscariot. We have to do our best to save them.
Seras closed her eyes and let Pip take control of her body while she hoped for the best. Pip ran at god-like speed to where the boys were standing. They were inches away from Alucard's creatures. He shouted out to them. “Get away from that thing - you're going to end up dead - or part of it.”
One of the boys looked over at him and Seras. “We can't. It's headed over the other side. There are ten or eleven of my classmates over there. We have to figure out a way to stop it. Whatever the hell it is - just killed my big brother and his buddy.”
Pip cocked his gun. He was mad as hell. Why in the hell was Alucard killing innocents. They were kids, children's - didn't he care? He tried to think of the best strategy. Pip knew Alucard was more powerful then he and Seras put together. They could never stop him.
But, we might be able to slow him down.
He grinned, she was listening. Seras, I was just thinking that but I wasn't sure if you'd want to take a chance. I am using your body.
Go ahead, Captain - I'm ready.
Pip loaded up the Harconnen and started firing into the mass of undead under Alucard's control. Some of them went down only to regenerate. A few of them went up in flames. The weaker ones are dying first. He continued to fire at them. Pip noticed that the boys hadn't left. He screamed at them. “Get the fuck out of here! Go tell your friends on the other side to run as fast as they can. And don't look back - just get somewhere safe.”
The oldest of the boys nodded and let the way. Pip continued his assault on the blob of undead. As he got closer to the blob, Pip started to feel strange. He ignored the feeling as he continued to fire. It was a mistake he regretted only seconds later. Pip's head started to feel light and he had the strangest feeling - like he was falling. Yet, when he looked around, Pip knew his feet were on the ground. Suddenly, everything went black for several seconds and Pip heard a girl scream. What the hell is going on here?
When the darkness became light, Pip was no longer standing on the edge of the Undead Army - he was inside of it. Oh my God - Seras what have I done? It was then that he heard that bastard's voice inside of his head. What the…
You've done nothing to Seras, Captain. She is right over there, can't you see? It isyour soul that is trapped. You should've worried about yourself instead of those weak children.
Pip looked at his body - what he could see of it. His soul was no longer in Seras. In fact, Pip could see her trying to get to him and crying her eyes out. He tried to communicate to her mind - but their link was gone. That damn vampire was right - he was inside of the undead army. I refuse to kill for him. I won't! Pip looked around and saw he was surrounded by undead soldiers. They were not just from Millenium - some of them looked centuries old. Oh my God, these are the souls of all of those he has killed. He is a fucking monster. He would not go down without a fight. Pip started firing at the undead army. Pip shouted out to Seras but she couldn't hear him so pointed with his hand in between rounds to help the children get away. Finally, Seras understood and ran towards the kids.
Pip felt a shot in his leg. Shit, fuck. It was a woman, although she did not have much of a figure. She looked kind of like Alucard but with a pretty face. The woman had long black hair, eye glasses, and was thin. She was dressed in a black suit and carried a big-ass shot gun. When she grinned at him, Pip saw her fangs. “Who in the hell are you?”
The vampire pointed her gun at his chest. “I am Rip Van Winkle and you are about to die once again.”
“The hell I am.” Pip ducked and dodged her bullets by holding up his musket. He fired at her, hitting her in her stomach. Pip watched as the shot threw her back several feet and into the body of another strange looking guy. The man looked like he was from South America. Pip didn't wait for him to attack and shot him square in the chest.
“Not bad for a human but then you are not human any more. We're all part of him.”
“You mean Alucard?” Pip asked.
“Yes.” She aimed her musket at him again.
“Wait! Isn't there any escape? I can't serve him. There's got to be a way to get out of this blob.”
Rip grinned. “There might be. I was waiting until more victims came inside before I tried it.”
“And?”
“Do you think I'll tell you?” Rip grinned. She kind of liked this man. He wasn't afraid of her - or anything it seemed.
“You have to. Look what he's doing to this city? I know you work for the other side but do you like this? Isn't there any part of you left that is still human?”
Rip started back at him blankly. The one who possessed her soul had taken what shred of humanity that had remained. Perhaps there was a little left but she was growing tired of this.
“C'mon boy, let me put you out of your misery.”
Pip was pissed. The bitch knew a way to escape and refused to tell him. He released all of his anger on her. Pip ran up to her before she could fire at him and punched hard in the stomach. Then he shot her again and again with his gun. Pip grabbed the musket from her and drove it into her chest. Walter had told him how to kill a vampire.
The woman fell back into his arms. He hadn't expected that and wasn't sure how to react. Pip just wanted to find a way out of this nightmare.
Rip pulled his ear close to her mouth. “I'll tell you just how to get free.” She struggled to get her last words out. Rip didn't want to die, just yet. She would've smiled if she could. Things were not as bad as they seemed.
Pip just laughed at the vampire. “Don't fuck with me. Why would you offer to help me? It's just a trick.”
Rip spoke in a raspy voice, struggling to get the words out. Her survival and his depended on this exact moment in time. “What do you have to lose, human? If I am wrong, you remain here, under his control. But, if I'm right…wouldn't you like the chance to be with your girl - to go inside of her…for real?”
Now she had Pip's attention. He didn't want to spend eternity inside of Alucard. Pip wouldn't have minded being inside of Seras forever - but not her Master. Pip grinned at the vampire. “Okay, tell me. What do I have to do?”
“Drink my blood, human. It is the only way. Then defeat a few more powerful vampires and drink their blood. Then you will be reborn as a vampire and strong enough to break free.”
Pip surprised himself by not laughing at the vampire and actually considering what she offered. He would be a vampire - the same as Seras Victoria. They could be together - maybe forever, or at least a hell of a long time. And I wouldn't have to die. He glanced at Rip. She was dying - he didn't have to long to choose. Oh the hell with it! If things go wrong, I'll just ask Hellsing to put me out of my misery. Pip grinned at the vampire. “Okay - tell me what to do.”
Rip pulled him to her neck and whispered, “Bite me.”
Pip laughed at her choice of words. He had never drunk blood before and wasn't sure where to begin. Blood. I have to make her bleed. Pip removed his pocket knife and made an incision in Rip's neck, cutting open her major artery. Blood started to pour from her wound. Rip pulled him to her neck.
“Drink, Captain.” As Pip drank from her Rip's throat, she felt herself fall into a blissful sleep. He life force slowly faded away from her and into mercenary.
Pip couldn't deny he liked how it felt - drinking blood, even before he became a monster. He could feel the vampire's power inside of him as her blood dripped down his throat. Pip would've guessed that after he drank a little, he would not want anymore. That wasn't true. He craved more. Even after Rip's body had given in to true death, Pip continued to drink until all of her blood was gone. And it still wasn't enough.
Pip felt himself overcome by a bloodlust. I've become a monster, haven't I? A part of him felt guilty as hell. Had he become just like the monsters that were destroying London? He pushed the thoughts out of his head. Even if he did crave blood, he had done this to help save London. Pip wouldn't drink any innocent person's blood. He would only kill the guilty and save lives. And he had done this for Seras. She needed him and he wouldn't let her face this war alone. He closed his eyes and let his thirst consume him. It was the only way to obtain his freedom.
He fed on Alucard's undead soldiers from centuries ago. From what Pip knew about history, the warriors looked like Turks from the Middle Ages. While he was in the middle of a feeding, he felt something sharp hit him in the back. What the fuck was that? Pip turned around to see a man who looked like he was from South American. Pip looked down on the ground and saw what looked like playing cards. From the pain in his back and the blood he felt dripping; Pip knew they were no ordinary cards but then again he was stuck inside of a blob of undead souls. Nothing was normal
Boy, am I dumb ass. Pip remembered that vampire can heal themselves. He tried to heal the wounds as he fired shots at strange man. Shit, it's not working. Pip could feel himself getting weaker from the loss of blood. He knew that the vampire would defeat him if he didn't replace it. There were still hundreds of undead that he could feast on. Pip wasn't picky and attacked all of those within his reach. Damn, those cards are worst then a gun shot. How in the hell am going to defeat the bastard?
Then, as if Rip herself had told him what to do, he got the perfect idea. Her gun. She did say that her bullets never missed. Pip would have to get closer to his enemy to get to it but something told him that it was the only way. As ran back towards Rip's body, he could feel her presence within him. It wasn't the same as when he was inside of Seras. They had been partners - this was different. He felt her power surging through his veins but he didn't hear her voice in his ears. Good, it is better this way. He ran straight into the card man.
“Who are you?” Tubalcain asked.
“Does it matter? You're not going to live long.” Pip aimed his gun at the vampire and shot him in his chest. The vampire stumbled back a few feet.
The card man smiled. “You must really be stupid. Let me introduce myself, so you'll know who sent your soul to hell. I'm Alajambra Tubalcain - but you can call me Dandy Man.”
Dandy Man threw more cards at Pip. “What the fuck?” Now he was bleeding from his chest, arms, and legs. Pip struggled to get to her gun as he fired to slow Dandy Man down. Finally, he saw it. Pip grinned as he picked up and cocked her gun. This would show the bastard. He wanted to shoot Dandy Man from behind - that would give him the element of surprise. Pip spotted a horse who had lost its owner. Perfect.
Pip jumped up on the horse and headed towards Dandy Man with Rip's gun. It was too late for the card man by the time he saw Pip on the horse. He had already fired the first shot. As the horse got closer, Pip fired again. And again. And again.
It was then, that Pip felt her presence within him. As Dandyman fell to the ground, a surge of evil glee consumed Pip. This was not something he had ever felt when he had killed in the past. And as a mercenary, Pip had killed many. Pip didn't dwell on it - he didn't want the card man's blood to go to waste. He sunk his fangs into his neck and devoured his blood. He needed his power and had earned it. Thanks, Rip. I sure as hell owe you won. She didn't answer him with words but Pip felt her grin inside of him. He couldn't decide what was stranger - being the soul inside someone else's body or having someone's soul inside of you.
The Captain headed towards the spot he knew would give him his freedom. There was an army blocking his way complete with horses and medieval armor. Damn, there must be hundreds. Pip looked on the other side and saw her. Seras, she was watching him, awaiting his return. She had her hands reached out trying to touch him but he was just beyond her reach. Just a little bit longer, girlie.
It seemed insane to her. Pip was alive, well sort of. Watching him in her Master's undead army was bizarre. She wanted to help him but knew he had to do this on her own. She heard him speak to her telepathically - a little bit longer girlie. Seras smiled at the thought of Pip helping Hellsing win this war. They would be able to fight side by side. Nothing could make her happier. She watched as Pip slaughter 100 of Alucard's undead soldiers. He killed them without hesitation. As she watched him kill his way through the soldiers, Seras felt a chill through her entire body. He is enjoying it. Seras just had to wonder if he did manage to get free, would this Pip be the same as the one who had shared her body?
Pip killed the last soldier and felt something release. “What the hell is that?”
“You wanted to be free - just go. I didn't consume your soul the way I did the others. You've caused enough damage to my army. Get the hell out.”
It was Alucard's voice that Pip heard. He was letting him go. Pip didn't bother answering the Nosferatu. There wasn't any reason to. Alucard had told him what he wanted to hear. He was free. Finally. Pip simply walked towards Seras and felt no pain or resistance from the dark matter he was in. Pip grinned as Seras threw her arms around his neck.