Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Price of Freedom ❯ The New Undead ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Seras Victoria stepped away from Pip to look at him. She could not believe her eyes. Pip was outside of her body, standing in front of her. Seras had to tug on his braid to believe what she saw. He sure looked the same. Well, almost - his eye patch was gone and he stood before her with two eyes. She kind of missed the eye patch. An uneasy feeling came over her as Seras noticed his crimson eyes, pale skin, and improved muscle tone. She didn't understand how it happened? Seras had thought it wasn't possible. Pip wasn't a virgin - he had admitted that much to her. Then how was it that Pip had become a vampire?

As if he could sense something troubling her, Pip stroked her hair as if he was trying to soothe her. “Seras? What's a matter? It is me - why are you looking at me like that?”

“I-I-I don't know, Captain.” Why did I just call him that - after all we've been through? She tried to decide how to express what was going through her mind. Seras did not want to hurt him. “I just don't understand how it is that you are a vampire. If I couldn't turn you because you weren't a virgin - how is it that you're one now?”

Pip smiled at her. “I'm not sure myself. I wasn't bitten like you were, Seras. My soul got drawn into Alucard's Undead Army. I didn't belong there. Alucard had killed all of those other people, drank their blood. He had no connection to me so I guess he had to let me go.”

“So are you telling me that my Master is your master too?” Seras did not understand this at all.

“Well, no. I didn't drink his blood. I drank the blood of his slaves. They're dead now so I guess that means I don't have a master, Seras. I'm just a free vampire.”

Seras tried to force herself to smile. This is all too good to be true. How in the bloody hell do you become a vampire and not have a Master? She nodded and pulled him close to her for a second. She wondered if she was simply thinking too much. Maybe she should just enjoy it. Pip was like her - a vampire. They could spend an eternity together. Why did it matter how he got turned? Seras rested her head on his shoulders for a few moments. They didn't have long before returning to the battlefield.

Pip held Seras in his arms for a few moments longer before gently pulling away from her. It physically hurt him to do so, but they had some vampires to kill. I feel fucking terrific. I never thought being a vampire would be like this. I don't feel any different - except I have more energy. I am hungry as hell but I'll get blood soon enough. And now…I can have my girl. Things haven't worked out bad at all. Pip looked around, trying to decide what their next move should be. They had wondered pretty far away from the others. Pip needed to find out how many of his men survived. He wondered what they would think of him. “C'mon Seras, lets go back to where we left the others. We need to see if there are survivors. And the boss…we need to make sure she's okay.”

Pip and Seras headed back on foot towards the mansion. She wasn't even sure where they had left the others - London was unrecognizable with all of the destruction it had taken. Seras could sense where the manor was - probably because her coffin was still there. Seras could have flown back to where Integral and the surviving Iscariot members were but her gut told the police girl not to. She didn't fully trust Pip and wanted to make sure he was really on their side. He seemed like the same guy but…nothing in life is that easy. She had learned the hard way. Everything Seras had gotten in life she had to work her arse off for. And then after she had what she wanted, it got ripped from her hands. No, nothing in her life had ever gone right - why would now be any different?

As they were walking Seras realized they had caught up with the teenagers they had saved earlier. The sight of a few of the boys walking up to her warmed her heart. They survived because of us. Maybe we're not fighting for nothing. Seras pulled on Pip's arm to slow him down. “Pip, look it's the boys we saw earlier.”

Pip turned slowly to look at the teenagers. Seras watched as Pip stared at them with the strangest look in his eyes. The look was so intense that it sent a chill through Seras. It was as if he was considering feeding from them. But, Pip would never do that, would he? As Seras studied Pip's face, a chilling thought occurred to her: It seemed like there was someone else behind his red eyes. Ridiculous - who else could it be? Pip seems like the same guy he was before. Seras tried to forget about her doubts but she couldn't. Deep down the police girl was suspicious of the man she loved. She put her arm around his waist as the boys stopped and greeted them.

One of the boys, Seras figured he was the unofficial leader of the group spoke. He couldn't keep his eyes off of Pip. It was as if the boy didn't trust him.

“Did you want something?” Seras asked him.

“Oh I'm sorry. I just wanted to thank you both. Me and my buddies almost didn't make it. If it weren't for you guys…”

Seras smiled. Pip was still starting at them intently and it disturbed her. “We were glad to help, right Pip.” Seras tugged his arm and he nodded - he didn't seem “all there” to her. “What are you doing here? You need to get out of England as fast as you can.”

The boy nodded. “We are. We're headed to the harbor. Tony, he's one of the kids that got killed, his brother is stealing a boat. We're headed to France.”

“Well, be careful. By the way - what is your name?” Seras asked. It seemed only right she know who she saved.

“Damn, excuse my bad manners. I'm Quincy. And this is Jon, and William.”

Seras started to say something but Pip started to move away from her and towards the teenagers. “Well, you better get going. We really got to go too.”

“Wait!” The boy called out.

Seras couldn't help but notice the smirk on Pip's face. What in the bloody hell is going on with him?

“I didn't get your names? I have to pay you back some day.”

Pip finally spoke. “Pay us back, for what?”

“Our lives - we owe you.”

“Oh? Yes, you do owe us your lives, don't you?” Pip asked the boys.

Seras wondered if he was thinking of asking for them to pay up right then and there.
“I'm Seras Victoria and this is Pip Bernadette. Good luck.” Seras practically pulled Pip's arm out of his socket and his eyes were still focused on the teenagers as they walked away. Seras did not like how he acted around them. It was all just too weird. Seras wondered if it was just him getting used to being a vampire. Maybe the scent of their blood was bothering him. Yes, that had to be it. The one thing she knew about the Captain is that he would never harm an innocent. But…the way he told those boys that they owed him their lives was downright chilling.

When they got a little further from the teenagers, Pip changed. Seras could feel his muscles relax the tension that had surrounded him vanished. Even his voice sounded different when he spoke. Seras wondered if she had finally lost her mind. Shouldn't it take just a little bit longer?

“Seras, are you okay? You seem a little tense.”

“Well we are in the middle of a WAR, Pip.” Seras glared at him. I thought becoming a vampire was supposed to make your mind sharper not dull.

“I know that! And I heard what you just thought. You better watch yourself, Seras.”

“Me - watch myself? What for - I could take you on any day, Pip.” Seras smirked remembering the time she had thrown him across the room the day they met.

Pip grabbed her from behind and pulled Seras against his chest. I can smell, her sweet, pure blood. It is driving me wild. Now I know why Alucard turned her. Pip traced the skin on her neck with his fangs before biting down and drawing blood. Seras moaned as Pip sucked the blood from her neck, slowly and gently. He wasn't a monster and intended to show Seras his self control. However, the more he drank, the harder it was for him to control himself. Damn, this feels better than shagging. It is fucking incredible!

Seras heard Pip's thoughts but pretended she did not. She was enjoying the moment far too much. A swoon swelled up inside of her. Seras wanted more - but now was not the time. It took every ounce of self-control to push him away but she had to do what was right. At least now Pip wasn't starving. She hoped that now he wouldn't look at humans like they were lunch.

“Pip---stop. We can't be doing this now. We have to check on the others and see if we can find any more survivors.”

“Damn, girl. It was just starting to feel good. Guess you're right though - there is a war to win. Let's go, mignonette.”
---------------------
Seras grabbed a blood packet out of her pocket. Pip had taken too much blood when he fed from her and she was started to feel weak. It was good to hear Pip talking like himself. Seras wondered why it was that becoming a vampire seemed to change Pip more then it did her. It scared her - just a bit.

“Hey, Seras - is that people up ahead?” Pip asked her. He pointed to a street about a mile away. There was a crowd gathered.

“Yes. I think I heard Father Anderson too. I feel him too.”

“Oh, him.” Pip said, his voice full of contempt.

Seras could feel the hatred Pip felt towards her Master. It was strangely intoxicating and painful at the same time. “Pip, you're not going to start anything with him. You do know how powerful he is.”

Pip nodded. “I know. It doesn't mean I have to like him or be nice, Seras. But, I sure as hell am not going to challenge him. I'm not stupid girlie.”

“I know, Pip.”

As they walked towards the crowd of people, Seras Victoria secretly wished she could stop time. The little break she had from the war had been nice. Only...it was more then that. Seras tried to ignore it but in the pit of her stomach she felt a sense of impending doom. The closer they got to Alucard, Integral, Iscariot, and the Millenium forces, the stronger it became.