Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Princess of Death ❯ First Mission ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I don't own Hellsing, Kiora is mine though. This takes place prior to both the manga and the anime. Reviews are welcome, flames mean more s'mores!!!!
 
 
I felt the warm sun on my face and stretched. A knock on the door made me open my eyes, before closing them quickly.
“Awe, it's too bright,” I grumbled. “Come in!”
The door opened and I saw my father walk in. A smile came across my face. Dad smiled and placed a silver tray on my desk before coming over and sitting on the bed next to me. I smiled and hugged him.
“Good morning Kiora.” He said when he pulled away from me. “I see that you're finally awake.”
“Finally?” I looked over at my alarm clock; it read 10:32 a.m. “Whoops…”
“Sir Integra said to have you come down as soon as you were ready.”
“Okay.” I made to get up before Dad held me down with his arm.
“You need to eat first.” He looked me in the eye.
“Don't worry Dad.” I smiled. “I'm fine.”
“Oh really?” He asked as my stomach growled.
“Eating isn't a bad idea.” I relented.
“I'll see you down stairs.” Dad got up and kissed my forehead before heading back to work.
Sighing, I got up and headed over to my desk. The eggs and toast Dad had left looked delicious. I smiled and sat down. Dad was a great cook and I think I'm spoiled in terms of food. He always cooks it just right, it's amazing.
I quickly finished my eggs and looked out the window. Today was the first sunny day this month, too bad I was going to be inside all day. Integra wanted me to help her look over some reports.
It must suck being the leader of the Hellsing Organization at fifteen. I mean, she's only two months older than I am and I could never do that. Of course that is probably since I've been training as a vampire hunter ever since I was ten. Dad really doesn't want me to but he wants me to be happy so he lets me.
So far I'm a Junior Hellsing Member. I've been on a few missions, mainly recon work. Alucard, the Hellsing Family Vampire, has usually been my partner. Dad has been really on his case about making sure that I'm safe during the missions. I don't think Alucard would normally listen to my father but he seems to like me so he is kind of protective of me, almost as much as he is of Integra.
Slowly, I got up took a quick shower before getting changed and heading downstairs. I made my way to Integra's office. When I pushed open the door, I saw Integra sitting at her desk, eyes on the paper in front of her. She didn't notice me come in so I decided to have some fun.
As quietly as I could, I crept behind her. She didn't notice me and I smiled before picking up a strand of hair on her back.
“Go away Alucard.” Integra growled.
I tugged at the hair a bit. This time Integra grabbed my hand before I knew it, I was in an arm lock. We both started laughing before she let me go.
“It must be nice to have some time on your hands.” She remarked as she sat back down at her desk.
“It must be nice to be the leader of the legendary Hellsing Organization.” I replied, plopping down into a chair on the other side of the desk.
“So how did you sleep Kia?” Integra used my nickname as she looked back at the papers in front of her.
“Just dandy.” I leaned forward. “So what do you want me to help you with?”
“This.” She handed me a stack of papers.
“Thanks.” I groaned when I realized it was vampire sightings. “You always give me the fun stuff.”
“Of course.”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------
 
I ran as fast as I could through an abandoned warehouse outside London. There were supposedly a few ghouls inside, according to intelligence reports. Rule number one, never trust intelligence reports.
“Come here and play.” A cold and cruel voice echoed from behind me.
“No thanks!” I yelled as I turned a corner.
Unfortunately, there was a mob of ghouls around the corner. I slid to a stop before pulling out my pistol and firing. Three shots, three hits. The ghouls were out of my way in less than a second and I ran on.
Somehow, I found my way outside. There was a graveyard to my right and I headed for it. The gravestones would provide some cover, plus the holy ground would probably slow the vampire down.
“Come out and play little girl.” The voice said as I sat breathing hard behind a gravestone.
“Where is Alucard when I need him?” I asked myself quietly.
Suddenly, the vampire poked its head over the gravestone. It smiled and licked its lips. I shuddered before jumping away from it and landing gracefully on another headstone. The vampire followed me, though not always landing as gracefully as I did.
An idea came to me. When I was younger, Dad had taught me how to use the wire gloves, they would work great now. Quickly, I put them on as I landed on the larges headstone.
The vampire came at me and this time, I was ready. A lot of the wire was out of my gloves and it seemed to move wherever I willed it to go. It seemed as if the vampire was dead in seconds.
Slowly, I retracted the wires. That was my first time ever going up against a vampire. Dad is not going to be happy with Alucard when he finds out that he left me to go fight some random creep on the other side of town.
Sighing, I climbed down from the headstone. I winced when I landed. My ankle hurt a lot. Somehow, I must have sprained it. Slowly, I limped off toward the road, where the transport waited.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
 
I sat in my room the next evening, reading a magazine with my foot propped up on a pillow. Yesterday, I sprained my ankle when I landed from coming down off the headstone. Dad was not very happy with Alucard leaving me alone in the ware house, Integra wasn't either.
Sighing, I put the magazine down. I wasn't in the mood to read. Dad had said that it might help me take my mind off the pain, unfortunately, my ankle was throbbing and it was impossible to ignore. Groaning, I leaned against the headboard and closed my eyes. There was a knock on the door.
“Come in.” I said, not bothering to open my eyes.
Whoever it was opened the door and came in. They sat on the edge of my bed and I opened my eyes. Dad sat next to me. I smiled a little.
“How are you feeling Kia?” He asked me gently.
“Sore.” I replied.
“I'm not surprised.” He brushed a bang to the side of my face. “You twisted your ankle pretty bad. I'm actually surprised you didn't break anything.”
“Feels like I tore something, actually.”
“What am I going to do with you?”
“Send me to the zoo?”
Dad chuckled and smiled.
“You really are your mother's daughter.”
We sat in silence for a few moments. Then, Dad sighed and hugged me before standing up.
“I need to get going. You need to get to bed Kiora. It's late.” He chided gently.
“Alright Daddy.” I smiled.
He gave me a kiss on the forehead before leaving. I sighed and looked out the window.
Dad and I were really close. He was the only family I had, he raised me. When I was born, I couldn't see or hear. Daddy always stayed with me so that I wasn't scared.
Then, when I got the treatment to be able to see and hear, the first thing I saw was Dad's face. He stayed close by no matter what. Whenever, I was afraid of something, he would always be there. I remember the first time I heard and saw a thunder and lightening storm.
I was so afraid. Dad stayed up with me the entire night, holding me in his lap and watching the storm with me. Even after I knew what the storms were, I'd sometimes sneak into his room during the middle of one and climb into bed with him. He didn't mind.
That is probably because when I was seven, I had a relapse of the thing that almost killed me when I was born. Daddy wouldn't leave my side during those three weeks. He was always there to tell me that everything would be alright, and I believe him. We've been close ever since.
Two years ago, Sir Hellsing, Integra's father, passed away. We've always been like sisters, but now Dad was raising both of us. The two of us sometimes practice tactics on each other and go to the firing range together.
I sighed and turned off the light, snuggling under the covers. Before I went to sleep I whispered a little prayer.
“Dear God, please, keep Dad strong. I know he isn't as young as he was but it wouldn't be good if he got hurt bad. He's done so much for me, please, keep him safe.”
With that, I closed my eyes and drifted off into a dreamless sleep.
 
A/N: I like this storyline so I think I'm going to keep going with it. Please review. The next chapter will be out soon. (I hope)