Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Princess of Death ❯ Prolouge ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I don't own Hellsing or “Streets of Heaven”, Kiora is mine though. This takes place prior to both the manga and the anime. The prologue is a songfic; the rest will be a regular story. Also, the prologue will be from Walter's perspective, the rest will be from Kiora's. Reviews are welcome, flames mean more s'mores!!!!!
 
 
“Daddy.” I heard my little girl whisper.
 
“What is it?” I asked gently, trying to hold back the tears.
 
She looked so small, so frail. It broke my heart that we were here in this hospital again. The last time we were here was years ago, and I'm afraid that this time, she won't be as lucky.
 
It almost killed me when Kassidy died, and then when they told me Kiora might not live… Thank heavens she did, but now… Now my little girl might not make it through tonight.
 
When she was born, she was both blind and deaf. The doctors didn't know why. They said that there was no reason for it, but also said that it could be the effect of her mother being older. Most of them said that she'd be fine in a while, but she wasn't. She nearly died that night.
 
Her entire body was affected, her heart, her lungs, her brain, everything. For some reason, her body wasn't functioning. She was in the hospital for six months. I was here everyday, thank heavens that Sir Hellsing let me come. He has done so much for her. Sir Hellsing was the one who recommended having her get an experimental treatment. Thanks to him, now Kiora can see and hear.
 
“It hurts.” I could see tears welling up in her eyes.
 
“I know it does.” I whispered, gently squeezing her hand. “The doctor said that it would.”
 
I would do anything to have her healthy and back home. Please God, please, don't make my baby go through another night like this.
 
Hello God, it's me again. 2:00 a.m., Room 304.
Visiting hours are over, time for our bedside tug of war.
This sleeping child between us may not make it through the night.
I'm fighting back the tears as she fights for her life.
Well, it must be kind of crowded,
On the streets of Heaven.
So tell me: what do you need her for?
Don't you know one day she'll be your little girl forever?
But right now I need her so much more.
She's much too young to be on her own:
Barely just turned seven.
So who will hold her hand when she crosses the streets of Heaven?
 
 
Dear God, I can't stand to see her like this. She's a child; she just turned seven last week. Please, don't take her; she's the only thing that I have left. I know you have your reasons, but please don't take my little girl.

Tell me God, do you remember the wishes that she made,
As she blew out the candles on her last birthday cake?
She wants to ride a pony when she'd big enough.
She wants to marry her Daddy when she's all grown up.
 
Now tears are starting to fall. I carefully wipe them away, all the while trying to smile, to try and show her that everything will be okay, while trying to keep my own tears from falling.
 
Lord, didn't you hear the wishes she made on her birthday cake last week? She wants to be strong like her Daddy. That's all she wanted. I know that my wishes were different and I believe that you do too.
 
Last week, the doctors said that she could go into a relapse. I couldn't get it out of my head. When she blew out those candles, I prayed to you. My wish was that she would live, that the doctors would be wrong. Please God, let them be wrong, let Kiora live.

Well, it must be kind of crowded,
On the streets of Heaven.
So tell me: what do you need her for?
Don't you know one day she'll be your little girl forever?
But right now I need her so much more.
She's much too young to be on her own:
Barely just turned seven.
So who will hold her hand when she crosses the streets of Heaven?

Lord, don't you know she's my angel
You got plenty of your own
And I know you hold a place for her
But she's already got a home
Well I don't know if you're listenin'
But praying is all that's left to do
So I ask you Lord have mercy, you lost a son once too
I know that there is nothing I can do if you want to take her from me tonight, but please; she's my angel, my miracle. She is the reason I get up every morning, the reason that I still believe in you.
 
Seven years ago, I almost gave up praying when she kept getting worse. Then you showed me that sometimes I have to trust you. This time I am begging you, I know you hold a place for her up in heaven, like you did for her mother, but she's already go a home here, with me.
 
I don't know if you're listening, but this is the only thing that I can do. The doctors have said that it would be a miracle if she lives, please, make her your miracle. You saved her before, why not now?
 
Please Lord, have mercy. I've had her for seven years. I know that I am older, but this is the first time that I have been truly happy. Kiora is my world; please don't take her from me.

And it must be kind of crowded,
On the streets of Heaven.
So tell me: what do you need her for?
Don't you know one day she'll be your little girl forever?
But right now I need her so much more.
Lord, I know once you've made up your mind,
There's no use in beggin'.
So if you take her with you today, will you make sure she looks both ways,
And would you hold her hand when she crosses the streets of Heaven.
The streets of Heaven.
 
I know that it's no use begging, once you've made up your mind. Please, she'll be your little girl forever, but I need her more than life itself. I'd be willing to trade places with her if it meant that she would live.
 
If you do take her, please make sure that she is with her mother, and that both of them know I love them dearly.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------
 
“Mr. Dornez.” One of the doctors interrupted my train of thoughts.
 
“Yes?” I asked, looking up at him.
 
“I can't explain it, but she's going to make it.”
 
`Thank heavens.” I muttered before looking back at my sleeping daughter.
 
Thank you God. You've answered my prayers. Now my little girl can go home.
 
 
A/N: I know I'm supposed to be working on my other stories, but I've had this one in my head since summer of '04. I hope everyone likes.