Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Transylvanian Concubine ❯ Prince of Shadows ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Come to me…and with violence we'll discover, what will make us free”
Wolfsheim (Approaching Light Speed)
 
 
 
Prince of Shadows
 
 
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
Flashback/ Dreams
 
Stressed
 
 
 
Integral stood at the side of the castle with Walter slightly behind her. The sun was beginning to set. She had watched the young girl put a cross at the window and try to close the tattered drapes. She now stood within the shadows of the woods watching the window with no glass. Something called her there and she seemed to be drawn towards the area. Her ice blue eyes glared at the window for a few moments before she sighed. Turning to leave she heard laughter. Her attention switched back to the window and her eyes widened in shock.
 
Ceres lunged out of the window; she briefly noticed Integral and Walter. Walter pulled at his black gloves. She slightly yelped as a shadow engulfed her body. Those crimson eyes were everywhere.
 
“Should we relieve her now?” Walter asked. Integral stared up at the spot the girl had vanished with a smirk. This girl just proved how weak the seal was becoming.
 
“No…she's still alive,” Integral said as she walked away.
 
 
 
 
Ceres curled up into a ball and grunted when she hit something solid. Opening her blue eyes, she knew she wasn't dead. Quickly sitting up she took note of all the lit candles around her. Looking down she saw she was on an old table. Her face slightly paled as she remembered the window and those eyes. Pulling out her gun she made sure it was ready to fire. Pushing herself to her knees, she studied the room. No windows were present and there was a coffin in the far right hand corner. The candles gave off an eerie shadow to each object.
 
Aiming the gun towards what she guessed as stairs, she steadied herself. The footsteps slowly approached with gentle taps. The footsteps stopped and she wondered what had happened. She couldn't hear anything but silence. Rolling to her side, she aimed the gun behind her. She couldn't help but glare at the person or creature in her view. His smile was wide and dark; it wasn't a smile of good intentions. This smile spoke words to her; it plainly said `I have a new toy to torture.'
 
The yellow glasses he wore hid his eyes, which she had a feeling were crimson. The smile turned to a grin as he circled around the table. He stopped at the far end of the table, his gray suit hidden by that long red trench coat. His red hat hid most of his hair and face at the right angels. That entire outfit emphasized his sickly grin, and those pearly white fangs. She aimed her gun and gave her own smirk as she backed away and off the table.
 
“Aiming a gun at me?” He asked as he watched her movements.
 
“I'm not aiming at you, I'm aiming at the person behind you,” Ceres dryly said although her nervousness bit at her mind.
 
“It's not good to lie Ceres,” the man scolded.
 
“Who are you?” Ceres asked in confusion.
 
The man vanished from her view. She scanned the room and cursed at herself for not just shooting. What did her friend always tell her? Shoot and ask questions later. She didn't know how, but she could feel his aura around the room moving within the shadows. Turning to where it felt the strongest she took aim. He appeared five feet away from her and she gasped. She pulled the trigger and blew his shoulder off. Her eyebrows creased in the middle as she watched his shoulder reform. She fired more rounds into him until her clip was empty. He just kept regenerating.
 
Dropping the gun, she pulled out her tanto. She knew for a fact that those bullets were silver and blessed. He tilted his head forward and smirked as one crimson eye gazed at her. She dropped into a fighting stance and prepared for the worse. He removed his hat and placed it on the table. He then calmly took his glasses off as if he was ignoring her. He then pulled out a chair and stared at her. She couldn't believe this corpse.
 
`Stupid corpse,' she angrily thought.
 
“I am not a corpse…a corpse is lifeless and unmoving,” he calmly said with a smirk.
 
“Stay out of my mind,” she warned.
 
“I am not in your mind, you merely think loud,” he taunted her with a smirk.
 
A chair near her pushed out and he nodded his head to the seat. She glared at the seat and pushed it back in. The chair moved back out again and she frowned.
 
“I must insist,” he said as he motioned to the seat. She sheathed her tanto and reached for the extra gun at her hip. She sat down and placed the gun within easy reach.
 
“Why aren't you trying to kill me?” Ceres demanded right off.
 
“Would you like me to?” He asked with grin while making sure to show his fangs.
 
“Not particularly,” Ceres responded.
 
“Alucard,” he said as he leaned ahead.
 
“Excuse me?” She asked in confusion.
 
“You may call me Alucard,” he simply said.
 
“So you're the vampire trapped her?” She asked as she traced the butt of her gun.
 
“Temporarily trapped,” he corrected.
 
“That's right…the seals are fading,” she said.
 
“What brings you to my home policewoman?” Alucard asked as he watched her blue eyes move to meet his crimson.
 
“Money and other stuff,” she simply said.
 
“Money…such a nasty object,” Alucard said with distaste.
 
“It makes the world go round,” she said as she stared at him.
 
“Are you here to try and study me or are you here to kill me?” Alucard inquired.
 
“A little of both,” she truthfully answered.
 
Silence quickly overtook the table and she didn't want to look away. If she looked away, he could simply vanish again. She noted he also wore plain white gloves. Picking up her gun, she turned placed it in her belt. Alucard grinned and tilted his head in confusion.
 
“Getting comfortable?” He asked with his grin still in place.
 
“No,” she simply answered with her own grin.
 
Ceres stood up and pushed the chair back in, while keeping her stare on Alucard. Pulling her cross from her underneath her shirt, she laid it in between her breasts. Alucard seemed to be staring at the cross with a slight frown. She cleared her throat trying to direct his attention. His crimson eyes moved from the cross and lingered on her neck before they came to her own blue eyes. His face was relaxed and his body showed no signs of movement. She wondered what that body would look like truly dead. It would be a shame to have to forever close those eyes.
 
“Going somewhere?” He asked, as he remained lax.
 
“I'm not leaving the castle,” she assured.
 
His finger traced a pattern in the dusk as he sighed and looked down. His stopped the brief movement and looked up. The humor was replaced with a look of restraint and dark longing.
 
“I can't leave the castle to feed,” he stated as he grinned and showed his fangs.
 
“Too bad so sad,” Ceres said slightly mocking him with pity.
 
“I'd watched that tongue…you never know where it could end up,” he vaguely warned. Her cheeks turned pink, but she didn't know if it was from anger or embarrassment.
 
Ceres turned around and made her way through the candlelight. She heard the faint chuckling of the one called Alucard. Her foot touched the first step and she fell forward to her hands and knees. Her eyes widened in anger as they fell to nothing but dust. She looked over at Alucard and glared daggers at him. He merely kept chuckling at her plight and embarrassment. She calmly pushed herself to her feet and pulled out her other gun. She fired to shots off and nailed him in the head. Smiling in brief satisfaction she watched as his body melted into an odd pile of red goo. Standing in the shadows, she watched the goo.
 
Laughter echoed throughout the room and she covered her ears in a futile attempt to block it. The goo melted into the shadows and she saw that same crazy grin. Red eyes opened and he let his tongue hang out in a mocking manner. Growling at him, she fired three shots at him. The bullets embedded themselves into the old stone walls. Cursing at the situation, she realized she had one bullet left. The grin and eyes vanished from her view. Keeping her arm steady, she prepared to fire at any moment.
 
“One bullet…care for a game of Russian roulette?” He taunted her from the shadows.
 
“That's the only game I play,” she whispered as she pushed her back to the wall.
 
The room went silent and she stared into each shadow making sure he wasn't waiting. Gasping, she felt his arms pin her arms to her sides, and one held her across the waist. The pressure on her arm made her lose her hold on the gun. The gun casually floated to the table away from her and she narrowed her eyes in anger. Fear never made a difference, but anger could always make you act. Her heart began to beat faster and she knew that her mind didn't comprehend the situation yet. Her life was close to an end, a pathetic one at that.
 
`I don't want to die as food,' she declared to herself.
 
She stomped on his right foot and found that he laughed at the attempt. She hurt her heel on his black boot. Growling she head butted him and groaned as her vision blurred.
 
`I'm to weak,' she panicked in her mind.
 
The memory of her father dying flashed before her eyes. She could see her herself frozen in fear. The memory of her and her guardian came next. Being to weak to take the attack from the lycanthrope, having to watch it tear out her guardian's throat. She felt the fangs graze against her soft skin. She could feel him adding pressure, preparing to puncture her skin. That's when she felt it. Her hands began to tingle and burn. She could feel the air become warm around her body. He seemed to stop adding pressure to her neck.
 
“I won't be…your prey!” Ceres yelled as bolts of lightening crashed through the ceiling.
 
Her hands pulsed a bluish white light before her body was covered in the energy. She could see the energy from the lightening expanding within her mind. It was locked within a box in the far corners of her mind. It was like the lid was open and everything was spilling over. The energy around her body exploded removing Alucard from her. Looking around the room, her palms were open and the lightening bolts seemed to be glowing. She turned away from the room and looked behind her. There was strange goo splattered across the wall.
 
It seemed to be running down the walls to meet at a spot on the floor. She backed away from the goo and noticed a hole in the ceiling. She could see what looked like the kitchen. Looking at the table, she previously was one she jumped on top. The ceiling was only a few feet away from her reach. Crouching down she jumped and caught a loose stone. Swinging her arm up she grabbed another stone before the first one slipped beneath her. Pulling herself to the kitchen floor, she sighed in mild relief as sunlight bathed her skin. Backing away from the hole in the floor, she stared at half expecting something to come through it.
 
She sighed in relief when nothing came after her. Running a hand through her hair she stood up and stretched. She walked towards the window where the sunlight came through. Reaching to her side, she put her talkie on the table and her ammo belt. She cursed silently when she realized she left both guns down there. She jumped slightly when the talkie clicked on.
 
“Ceres Victoria, report outside to the tent,” Integral's voice sounded.
 
“Great,” Ceres muttered as she grabbed her ammo belt and made her way through castle and to the door.
 
 
 
 
Author's Note:
I hope the characters didn't seem to out of character, please leave a review!
FF Reviewers:
Valine- this so far is leaning towards Alucard and Ceres
 
Blood Thirsty Wolf- I'll work on my grammar, promise
 
Elijah Snow- Thanks for the review, and I dislike how the anime portrayed Ceres.
 
NalaravatheRed- Ceres is there to gain some extra cash and find out if there are any local Lycanthropes. I think the Pairing will be A and C. You'll find out if she's related to Alucard's sire.