Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Young Miss Hellsing ❯ Master of the House ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
So many things happened so fast that night, she was unsure who to tell. She was too scared to tell either Julian or Victor and she was sure that Alucard knew what had happened to her. Yes, she had to tell him. Grabbing a hold of her robe, Celeste clothed herself and ran out of her room and toward the door that led to the basement. Just as she was about to open the door, a hand touched her shoulder. It was Julian. “Miss Celeste.”
 
“Huh?! Julian I…”
 
“We need to talk right now.”
 
Julian took Celeste's hand and led her back up to her room. Once inside, he shut the door and looked over to Celeste. “Tell the truth right now Celeste. Why did you lie? Don't play dumb. David wouldn't know but I do. Someone attack you earlier tonight. Was it a vampire?” Julian asked. Celeste shook her head and got up from her bed. “I told you I can't remember. Maybe I had too much to drink and-”
 
“You're lying to me Celeste. I'm going to ask you for the last time! Who did it to you? And why? What I really want to know is why you lied.” Julian said. Celeste shook her head. “Julian please, there's nothing for me to explain. You're overreacting from the party. I just had a little accident.” Celeste lied. Julian jerked Celeste toward him and deeply into her blue eyes. His own eyes burning with anger. “Is it so hard to trust my father, Draco, Alucard and I? We're here to assist you in this fight against the vampires that threaten London. How can we help if you don't trust us?” Julian asked. Celeste bit her lip and looked down at the ground. She couldn't hide it now, Julian had dug too deep beneath her skin and now, she had no other choice but to come clean with him. She threw herself in his arms and began to weep. “Miss Celeste?”
 
“Julian… I didn't want you to see me this way… not like this. I… I was approached last night by Jeremy Hartley and he tried to hurt me. I swear to you Julian that man is not normal. That man is a vampire. He tried to suck my blood and make me a vampire too but you and David came looking for me. I was too weak to grab Vixen and I just lost my energy. Somehow, every word he spoke sucked away my energy. I was at him mercy and I was so scared. I tried calling for Alucard but he never came. Julian… there's no way I can finish this fight when I'm scared of the enemy. You must be mistaken. There is nothing I can do against Jeremy Hartley and he might be one of the subordinates to Raphael Devinicus.” Celeste said between tears. She was crushed and embarrassed in front of Julian. How was he the subordinate to such a weak woman who fear the very thing she was forced to fight. If she were to withdraw now, she'd have nothing to worry about but Julian, Draco, Alucard and Victor would be at the mercy of Raphael Devinicus. That was just the half of it. If Raphael were to conquer them, he would spare no time to destroy London, including her family. “Miss Celeste… you are a lot braver than any woman I've ever known. Must people would have run when they discovered that they were going to take part in a fight against a horde of vampires. You stood up and accepted the duty. That took courage and you have it. Don't let this throw you off Celeste. You have us behind you. We're going to win this battle and you will get the life that you wanted so much back. I promise.” Julian whispered. He held her as she cried in his arms. Jeremy Hartley may have shaken Celeste up but she would regain her confidence and defeat both have and Count Devinicus. “Come on, lets get you into bed.”
 
The following day as Celeste was coming in from school, her mother came to her with startling news. “Your father found someone who would buy the house. The buyer will be here soon so stay out of the way all right?”
 
“What?!?! Mom-”
 
“Celeste this isn't like saying no to a child bringing home a stray cat. You can't have everything your way. Your father is the owner of this house and he wants to sell it he can. Now, have something to snack on and go to your room. Your father doesn't want to be disturbed.”
 
Celeste gritted her teeth and bolted up the stairs to her room. As she was walking down the halls, Victor came out on of the guest rooms and looked it her with no expression on his face. “Miss Celeste, I assume you've heard the news.”
 
“Yes Victor. If my family leaves then we're going to have trouble fighting the new breed of vampires.”
 
Victor placed a hand on her shoulder and smile to reassure her that everything would be fine. He volunteered to bring her sandwiches and tea while she freshened up. Sighing in defeat and smiling, Celeste agreed to Victor's proposal. As he was going downstairs, David was coming up. “Victor, I want to ask you a question.” David said. Victor stood upright and waited for David to question him. “Sir?”
 
“Has… Celeste been doing strange things lately? Last night she seemed really out of it, like someone zapped her energy away. That's not all, I've been doing some exploring around the house lately and I found the basement. Something is down there and I'm not talking old furniture. Does it have anything to do with our grandmother?” Victor gasped as took a step closer to David. “So you know about your grandmother.”
 
“About my grandmother… and the Hellsing family. I know about everything Victor. It was you who sent the information about a house in London. What my father didn't know what that it was the old Hellsing house. It should have been destroyed but the London Government rebuilt it in honor of all the hardships that the Hellsing family endured. The hang all the portraits, placed all the furniture where they originally were. I even know about you. Victor Dollneaz, the son of Walter Dollneaz the Angel of Death. Draco Fargason is also the son of Peter Fargason, the commander of the Hellsing army. He is currently working as a detective and is trying to make sure that the activities of the vampires remain unknown to the public. But soon their actions will be known to all. I want to help you.”
 
Victor smiled to David and proceeded downstairs. “I have the perfect weapon in mind for you Master David.” David smiled as he followed Victor down the stairs. Back in her room, Celeste paced back and forth in her room, trying to dissolve her anger. If her father sold the house then Alucard would be left without a master. From above her heard the doorbell ring and her parents greeting their visitor. Eager to see who it was, Celeste ran down the hall and slowly crept down the stairs. She could see from above the person her parents had invited to her home. It was a woman with long red hair wearing a hat and a white dress. “So, you're the bitch that wants to steal my home huh? You poor woman you know not what you have gotten yourself into.” Celeste whispered maliciously.
 
“What a lovely house this is Mr. Farbrook. I like it very much but one thing has been bothering me. Why do you want to sell it? So many beautiful pictures and antiques about this house.” The woman said. Wesley pulled out a chair for the woman to sit in then for his wife. “If I didn't know any better I'd say I was talking to my on daughter. Celeste is seventeen and she thinks the same way. When we first came to this house she felt that everything should remain as it was. She said she wanted to study this house from top to bottom. I've been seeing her read books with both Julian and Victor. I suppose they were trying to enlighten her about this old house.” Wesley said. Lily nodded and began to pour tea. “So where do you live Miss Dawson?”
 
“Please call me Harley. I live in an apartment about half an hour's drive from here. I couldn't wait to move from my apartment and into someplace beautiful. You see, Mr. and Mrs. Farbrook I am a lover of beautiful things. I collect lovely portraits, sweet melodies and beautiful antiques. I make figurines for a living.” Harley explained. “That's wonderful Harley.”
 
“Thank you Mrs. Farbrook. To show my appreciation of you selling your house to me, I'd like to take the honor of sculpting a figurine for you. How many of you in the family?”
 
“There's me, Wesley, my oldest David, my youngest daughter Paige and-”
 
“Me, Celeste Annalisse Farbrook.”
 
Everyone turned to see Celeste enter the kitchen. She took a seat opposite her mother and looked down at Harley Dawson with malignant eyes. “I see, you're the little girl I heard some much about. I'm Harley Dawson.” Harley said. Celeste eyed Harley then narrowed her eyes. “Its very nice to meet you Harley. I see you understand my passion for this old house, that's good. I love this place is it is most sacred to me. I rather not have my father sell it but he refuses to listen to me and progresses with selling it. His eyes are feeble to the sight of mystery.” Celeste said. Lily grimaced and Wesley gritted his teeth at the sound of his daughter's comment. He couldn't afford to make a scene now and he refused to have his daughter embarrass him like this. “Harley understands how you feel Celeste. She finds this old house to be beautiful just as you say. I don't see any other reason why not to sell it to her. Your eyes are feeble to the sight of business.”
 
Celeste said nothing to her father's retaliation against her. She didn't care if Harley shared the same view as she did. She'd protect this house be any means necessary. When all of this was over, she'd go outside and explain things over with Harley and if Celeste couldn't clarify it with her, then Alucard would. “I'm sorry I have to leave so suddenly but I have figurines I must finish at home. I shall return so we can finalize this. Perhaps we can have lunch together Wesley.” Harley suggested. Wesley smiled, agreeing to her suggestion. “Then its settled. I'll make reservations at the finest restaurant I can find in London. Until then adieu.”
 
Wesley walked Harley out while Lily went to start dinner, allowing Celeste to sneak out the back door. She ran quickly around the house and out to the front, watching as her father walked back inside the house. Now was her chance. She ran to catch up with Harley then called out to her. “Harley! Stop right there!!”
 
“Why, Celeste what are you doing out here? You know, little girls like you could get hurt.” Harley taunted. Celeste narrowed her eyes and approached her. “Stay away from my house. I don't care what my father says, that house is not for sale. Anyone who wants that house must go through me.” Celeste said. Harley dropped her head and began to chuckle at Celeste. “Big words coming from such a little girl. How long will it take for your father to know that his little girl is missing?” Harley teased. Celeste's face went from anger to confused. What was Harley talking about?
 
“Haha, I think I'll have a little fun with you little girl.”
 
Harley reached into her pocket and took out a glass figurine of a bear. “Isn't it beautiful? I made it a few months ago. Glass figurines are my favorite to make and my favorite to watch come alive.” Harley said. She threw the figurine and it grew in size. Celeste took a step back and watched as the glass figurine transformed into a real life bear. It roared at her and on Harley's command, charged at her. There was no fear in Celeste's eyes, only sheer confidence. Taking Vixen from underneath her silver hair, she aimed it at the bear and shot it. The animal let out a fierce cry and was lifted off the ground from the bullet and fell back. When it hit the ground, it shattered into pieces and became glass again. Harley looked to Celeste with fury in her eyes. “You…”
 
“I'm not afraid of you. Unless you want to be next vampire, I suggest you run with your tale between your legs.”
 
Harley looked up at Celeste and gasped. “So its true. The master of the Hellsing household has returned to fight the new breed. Forgive me Miss Hellsing. I have traveled far to avenge a friend of mine. Please, allow me to help you in anyway I can. By the way, my name is Sage.” Harley said. Celeste nodded to Sage and extended her hand. “Welcome to London… Sage.”
 
“Thank you, Miss Celeste Annalisse Hellsing.”
 
 
Lil Lovely Angel: I'm going to end it right there. That which appears to be the enemy is really the ally. We're getting close ladies and gentlemen! HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!!