Highlander - Series Fan Fiction / Supernatural Fan Fiction ❯ Immortal Love ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Still not mine.
Please vote in the poll on my ffnet profile.
 
Chapter 2
 
“So what happened Jess? Not like you to get trapped like that.” Jess looked over at her teacher and then looked away.
 
“It's going to sound crazy Methos.”
 
“Try me.” He shot back and she sighed, drawing her knees up to her chest. Methos sat down on the bed opposite her and placed a hand on her knee.
 
“I set out cookies for Sam to find when he got home and then I headed into the bedroom. There was...a man but there was no way he could have gotten in past me and his eyes, they were yellow. He started talking about Sam, calling him Sammy and I went for the sword I kept under the bed. It was...I ended up pinned to the wall and then the ceiling. Then I felt a pain in my stomach and there was blood, but the wound didn't start to heal. He said I'd make a nice present, just like Sam's Mom. He just vanished when Sam opened the front door and the shower turned on by itself. I couldn't move Methos and I tried everything. Sam came in and lay down on the bed, he didn't look up till my blood hit him and then...he was screaming Methos. Then there was heat and his brother Dean came crashing in. He pulled Sam out and was staring at me like he was sorry he couldn't save me. Then it went black. I know, I sound crazy but I swear it happened.”
 
“I believe you Jesselynn. Sounds like a demon to me. Darius would have really been the one to go to for information if he were still alive. I've never really had a run in with one but I've seen their work. You're lucky to be alive because odds are if it had realised what you are you would be permanently dead.” Methos told her and Jess nodded, looking a bit pale.
“I want you to stay with me for a while, I know you can take care of yourself but I'd feel better if you did.”
 
“Once a teacher always a teacher.” Jess managed to tease and Methos laughed.
 
“I wasn't much of a teacher to you kid.”
 
“You pulled me out of the rubble, gave me a place to live and learn what I needed to survive and when the time came you let me go, sounds like a teacher to me Old Man. SO where are we headed?”
 
“I've still got my apartment in Seacouver, we'll head there for now. And I'm digging out the book Darius gave me on wards just to be safe.” Methos told her.
 
“You're sure Sam got out okay?”
 
“I saw him and his brother at the funeral, he's pretty torn up but it looks like his brother is looking after him.” Jess relaxed a little at that.
 
---------------------------------------
“So are we the only things out there?” Methos glanced at her before looking back to the road.
“Demons, Immortals, is there anything else?” Jess asked him and Methos shrugged.
 
“Every legend has a grain of truth kid. Some more than others. Why?”
 
“It's just, when Dean was asking Sam to go with him he said there Dad was missing on a hunting trip and the way he stressed hunting...I think Sam's family is messed up in...I don't know, hunting the weird things?” Methos laughed at her struggle to figure it out.
 
“Could be right, I've run into Hunters in the past but none in the last century. Doesn't mean they still aren't out there, just gone underground as people have stopped believing.” Methos told her.
“Please don't say you want to start hunting.” He begged and Jess laughed.
 
“No, just want to know more about Sam's family.”
 
“You know you'll never see him again, right?” Methos sighed as Jess turned to stare out the window.
“It's okay to miss him, to mourn the life you had together. But you have to move on.”
 
“I know.” She answered shortly and Methos let it rest.
 
---------------------------
Jess laughed as Methos dumped Richie on his ass again. She felt sorry for the younger Immortal, Methos may not like to fight but you didn't live five thousand years without being rather good at it. Richie was actually pretty good for his age and plenty of the moves he pulled MacLeod wouldn't have taught him. She figured he'd had to have picked up some fighting while on the streets and that was what he was mixing into his style.
 
Richie was a good kid and he'd finally stopped flirting with her as anything more than a bit of fun. Maybe if it wasn't for Sam she could have responded but it had only been a few months. But she was still too much in love with Sam to even contemplate a new relationship. And despite everything Methos had said she was keeping an eye out for sighting of Dean's car. The Impala was pretty distinctive; if and when it showed up she'd know. At least that way she would have some idea that Sam was okay.
 
Could she see Sam again? That was the one thought she couldn't shake. He knew there were things other than humans around, could he accept her? Then again her showing up could scare him into shotting first and getting shot was rather painful. Then again she got the feeling it was Dean who shot first and asked questions later so if she got Sam alone? But then he might think it was a trap or something. There had to be a way!
 
--------------------------
Jess looked around her new apartment and smiled, Methos had finally loosened the leash a bit since there had been no sign of any demons near her for over six months. So she'd moved out on her own again and was even pondering college again, or at least night classes. She'd gotten a job in a local antique store that specialised in the late 1800's so it was an easy job for her. It kind of helped when you'd lived through part of the period. Why people were so fascinated with the dresses she'd been forced to wear back then she'd never know. Her new identity had changed her name to Jessia Ryan, it had been Richie's idea to give her is old last name since he couldn't use it anymore and she had agreed. She liked keeping the name Jess so she was cycling through the various names she could use it as a nickname for.
 
Jess had only been in St Cloud, Minnesota for four days and she already missed the Seacouver group but she hated being smothered and that was what it had felt like back there. Oh she knew Methos would be dropping by frequently, Richie too but it was nice to have her freedom back. And this way she could search for Sam more openly without worrying about one of the others finding out. She'd find him eventually, it would take time obviously, but if anyone knew how to track down someone who didn't want to be found, it was an Immortal. After all they were the masters at hiding in plain sight and changing their identities.
 
--------------------------------
Jess watched the news in shock. Dean Winchester wanted for murder and then found shot dead in St. Louis? No way. Sure she'd only met him once but there was no way he'd hurt or kill anyone unless they were dangerous to people. But poor Sam with Dean being dead. At least she had a new starting point for her search. Now she really had to find Sam, he'd need help to deal with his brother's death. Making her decision she packed her bags and got in the car. She was going to St. Louis to see if she could pick up the trail.
 
TBC...