Highlander - Series Fan Fiction / Supernatural Fan Fiction ❯ Immortal Love ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own them.
 
Chapter 5
 
“Jess...being with me is probably just as risky, maybe more. That demon is after me, I don't know why.” Sam warned her, despite wanting to say yes no matter the consequences.
 
“I know Sam and I don't care. I can look after myself, most of the time. Just...do we try?” She asked and Sam gave in, leaning forward to kiss her.
 
“I love you Jess.” He murmured against her lips and she smiled, pulling him closer and deepening the kiss. Sam wrapped his arms around her, just revelling in the feel of her body so close to his when her phone picked the worst time to ring. They both groaned as they separated and she answered it.
 
“Ryan. You found him? Great. A scarecrow? Yes Richie I owe you one. Hang on.” She put her hand over the mouthpiece and smiled at Sam.
“Richie found Dean tied to a tree as a sacrifice but got him free. Should I tell Richie to have Dean follow him here?” Sam winced but nodded, Dean was going to kill him.
 
----------------
Richie hung up and knocked on Dean's door. He'd followed the hunter out of town the previous day and they'd ended up at the same motel, just in case. Now he had to convince the younger man to go with him without telling him everything, Jess so owed him for this.
 
“Yeah?” Dean cracked open the door and then opened it more fully when he saw Richie.
 
“I'm headed out and since your brother's where I'm going I was wondering if you want to follow?”
 
“Sam's in California and how do you know about him.”
 
“No he's not and we have a mutual friend who was the one to call me and asked me to look for you.” Richie explained, not wanting to tell the mortal exactly who the friend was, he really didn't want to get shot today.
 
“You expect me to believe that?”
 
“Oh for...just call him! He can tell you.” Richie huffed, this was the last time he was doing Jess a favour, honest.
 
“Sam? You okay? Where are you?” Dean fired off his questions and Richie grinned, no way could anyone answer that quickly.
“You sure? So this Richie guy? Alright but you have a lot of explaining to do little brother.” With that Dean hung up and headed back inside his room.
“I'll meet you in ten.”
 
-------------------
Sam hung up smiling. Sure he knew from Jess's call that Dean was alive but nothing beat hearing his brother himself.
 
“Told you Richie could do it.” Jess said with a smile and Sam laughed, pulling her close again.
 
“I've missed you so much Jess.” He breathed into her hair, running his fingers through it.
“Liked this longer.” He commented and felt her shrug.
 
“There's only so much you can do to alter your appearance on a day to day level and cutting hair is one. Apparently hiding was a lot easier before cameras were invented.” She explained, comfortable in his embrace, only to laugh as the moment was broken by Sam's stomach.
“Come on, I'll cook.”
 
--------------------
Dean kept the bike in site as they sped down the highway. Something weird was definitely going on and he just hoped he could pull Sam out of the middle of whatever mess he'd gotten into this time. He had a very bad feeling he knew where they were headed and was mentally swearing at his brother. If Sam had walked into some sort of trap because of Jess's memory he was going to be mad. But then he sighed, he knew he couldn't be mad at Sam for following through on the card. Dean had seen how badly her death had affected Sam and then finding her coffin empty and that package...whoever was playing with his little brother was in for a rude shock when he found them!
 
Richie glanced back and saw that Dean was still following him. He didn't know what to think of the eldest Winchester, other than he seemed able to keep a fairly cool head in a crisis and was rather protective of Sam. He snorted in amusement; trust Jess to contact her boyfriend despite what the old men said. But he couldn't really blame her. He'd had to vanish on a few lovers but it had never affected him like leaving Sam had affected her. Because he'd never let anyone get that close since Tessa had died. She'd been the closest to a mother he'd had in years and when she'd died it had hurt a lot. If it hadn't been for the fact that Duncan had started his training within days his grieving probably would have been worse than it had been.
 
-------------------------------
Jess stood in her bedroom doorway and watched Sam sleep on the couch. She smiled softly as she stared at him, always the gentleman her Sam. Not wanting to rush back into the physical side of their relationship he had insisted on taking the couch. Now that things had calmed down she was nervous. She may have only met Dean once but she knew he would be very hard to convince she was Sam's Jess and not a threat. And even if he accepted her, what then? Would she go with them or be forced to stay behind, left with only phone calls and the occasional visit? If that was what would happen then she was not going to let him be a gentleman tonight.
 
Jess smiled and dropped her robe, leaving her in a simple cotton nightgown since she'd decided silk might be a bit too much. Moving with all the stealth gained over her century of life she made her way to the couch and then settled down on his thighs. Hazel eyes shot open even as he went to sit up, only to relax back as Sam realised who it was sitting on him.
 
“Jess?” He looked at her in confusion but she simply leant forward and kissed him. He stayed still for a few seconds before eagerly returning the kiss.
“What's this?” He asked as they parted for air.
 
“Come to bed with me.” She whispered in his ear and Sam found himself nodding. She slid off him and held out a hand. Sam took it as he stood and followed her to her bedroom. Once inside she slid her hands under his shirt, pushing it up until he got the hint to remove it. His pants quickly followed, along with her nightgown as they tumbled onto the bed.
 
TBC...