Highlander - Series Fan Fiction / Supernatural Fan Fiction ❯ Immortal Love ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own.
 
Chapter 6
 
 
Sam couldn't help worrying as he helped Jess make breakfast. The fact that this Richie guy was coming with Dean was good, even numbers and all that but he was scared about how his brother would react. He'd be pissed, that much was certain. Dean had told him not to track the address down after all and he did leave him in a hunt that went south, not that he could have known that at the time.
 
“Relax Sam.” A gentle voice called and slender arms wrapped around his waist. He snorted slightly.
 
“You don't know my brother Jess. Both him and Dad are very shoot first ask later sorts of Hunters.”
 
“Then he shoots and I wake up a while later, no problem.” She responded, releasing him so she could set the table. Sam smiled and shook his head, unable to argue with that. He served the food and they sat down to eat.
 
“Jess...” He trailed off, unsure how to ask.
 
“What's wrong?” She put her fork down but Sam smiled.
 
“Nothing really. Kind of feels like the fire never happened I guess.” He admitted and she got up to sit in his lap.
 
“But it did and now we both know the truth about each other.” She told him and he wrapped his arms around her.
 
“But what happens now Jess? I don't want to lose you again but would you want to come with us?” Sam was frowning and Jess sighed, trust Sam to be worried over all that, not that she hadn't thought about it too.
 
“I don't know. Part of that would depend on Dean as well. And apparently there are a few things out there that consider Immortals a delicacy. I don't want to lose you either and we won't. Even if I stay here you can come here for breaks and we both have email and phones.” She soothed and he nodded slowly before pulling her closer for a kiss. Breakfast was quickly forgotten after that.
 
-------------------------
Dean frowned as he parked next to Richie's bike, something about the address was familiar and he didn't like it. He followed the younger male into the building and up the stairs. It was odd that Richie knocked on an apartment door since he had the building key shouldn't he have the apartment one too? He relaxed slightly when Sam was the one to open the door. His baby brother looked fine; in fact he looked more relaxed than he had since Stanford.
 
“You must be Richie, Sam Winchester.” Sam held his hand out and Richie shook it.
 
“Guessed that, I've heard a lot about you.” Richie answered, slipping into the apartment to leave the brothers alone.
 
“You okay Dean?” Sam asked and Dean nodded.
 
“Was going to ask you that. This isn't California.”
 
“Yeah.” Sam took a deep breath and Dean tensed, this was not going to be good.
“Dean promise me you'll stay calm?”
 
“What's going on Sam?”
 
“Not till you promise.” Sam insisted, blocking the door with his greater height. Dean glared at him but Sam refused to relent and finally Dean nodded.
 
“Fine. Now what's going on?”
 
“Remember the address that came with the package I got in Stanford?” Sam asked and Dean swore.
 
“That's this place? Damn it Sammy I told you not to.” Dean growled and Sam glared.
 
“I had to Dean! And I'm glad I did.”
 
“Why Sam? What's so important here that you dumped me in the middle of a hunt?”
 
“We weren't in the middle when I left and you're the one that left me there! I didn't know it was a pagan god! And it's Jess, Dean. She's alive.” Dean froze, staring at Sam in shock.
 
“Christo.” He tried only to get an unamused glare in response.
“What? You stand there saying Jess is alive and then expect me not to check that?”
 
“I'm not possessed Dean and neither is she. I'm not stupid, I did the tests.” Sam told him and Dean tried to work that out in his head.
 
“Then how?”
 
“I wasn't the only one keeping secrets.” Sam admitted.
“She's different but not a bad different Dean. Please, give her a chance to explain?” Sam begged and Dean fought the sad puppy eyes for as long as he could.
 
“Alright. Can I go in now?” Sam nodded and went back inside, Dean following him. He looked around the apartment briefly before focusing on the blond before him.
 
“Hello Dean.” Jess greeted him.
 
TBC...
Very short I know but all I had time to do. I hate holidays! Means my mum's off work and I can't write!