Horror Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Forbidden Love ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A small shadow stood watching over the village in the middle of the night. It was quiet…like a desolate wasteland. The flames that engulfed the village still burned brightly, as the moon cast shadows everywhere. Everything seemed to stand still-as if time itself had froze-while the fire reflected in emotionless eyes. After what seemed like forever had gone by the sun started to rise sending the earth into an orange dream…
…and the figure walked away.
X-X-X
Kyosuke stared at the clock in front of the class; it read 2:45, the last 30 minutes of school. He finished up the chapter in history the teacher had assigned, when a girl handed him a note.
-Are you ready to check out the haunted house after school today?-
-Kana
Kyosuke turned and nodded his head when the teacher spoke. "Kana, Kyosuke" suddenly the bell rang "you two will have the pleasure of staying after school and reading the last chapter in your textbook and answer questions one to five!"
They both sighed in unison.
-15 minutes later after school-
Kyosuke got up from his seat and handed up his paper .Mr.Tazuka checked over his work then dismissed him. When he got out of the class he strolled through the empty hallway to the locker room. He put in his history book and exchanged it with a math textbook; since they had homework. He went to the entrance hall and took off his uwabaki, replaced them with his regular shoes and left.
X-X-X
"Hey!" a green haired girl came running in his direction, her Kaban and...other things jumping up and down as she ran. "Wait up..."
"Hi Kana" he replied flatly
She bent over placing quivering hands on her knees. When she straightened, her dark brown eyes met his pale blue ones. "Sorry about making us stay back..." her breathe unsteady. He just continued to stare at her. "are you ready to check out that house?" she said excitedly, suddenly regaining breath.
Kyosuke just walked on as Kana trailed in his footsteps.
"Sorry I got homework"
"Oh, come ooon!"
"We'll go on Saturday."
-brring-brrriiinnnggg-
Kana pushed her hand in the front pocket of her Kaban shuffling around. She pulled out her cellular and looked at the ID. Placing the phone to her ears she started talking to the person on the other end. Kyosuke looked at the strap of the bag in his friend's hand. 'People think being Natural is better, but dye jobs make me stand out.' He could of laughed but settled with a smile on his face. That definitely described her. She was done now.
"fine. I gotta run some errands for mom anyway." Kana ran ahead literally leaving him in her dust. He coughed a little and started in the opposite direction.
X-X-X
On his way home Kyosuke decided to past by the 'haunted house'. He didn't really believe that it was haunted, it just looked...old. His head titled to the side as he took in the 'décor'. The windows were covered in dust and cobwebs, the trees had toilet paper all over them from pranksters too afraid to do anything to anyone. The side walk was covered in egg stains when the children tried to fry eggs while the sun was hot.
The front gate squeaked from its hinges as a sudden chill ran down his spine. Kyosuke spun around to face the bushes behind. It was too dark to see now. He was out longer than he thought.
X-X-X
The figure walked as the sun rose. There was a slight wind that moved the cape that clad them in black. It was feeding time. As the sky was still dark, there was enough time before going into hiding. Meanwhile a girl in a sweatsuit came jogging down the street. The same clad figure from before, jumped from the bushes that lined the sidewalks and hissed at the victim. The figure slowly drained blood from the girl's neck as she laid almost lifeless on the floor.
The shadow crossed the street and stared at the two story house as the gate squeaked from its hinges.