Horror Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Forbidden Love ❯ News of a vampire ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Marukami junior high-
When Kyosuke entered homeroom he noticed everyone sitting around the class talking to eachother. Some people read the newspaper while some of them formed groups talking about it with worried looks on their faces. He took a seat near Kana. “What's going on?”
He had no reply as Kana's eyes widened in shock. He put his hand over the words on the paper so she couldn't read it. She looked up and then smiled when she saw her friend. “Wow I didn't see you there.”
“I would have never guessed” he went back to his first question. “What's goin' on?”
Kana shifted the paper so he could see “read this”
-A young girl was found sprawled on the road near the haunted house. She was cold and almost lifeless, but the strange thing was the two holes in her neck.-
Near the text there was a close up off the girl's head where the holes were. A girl from the other side of the class let out a scream before saying “that's Mika from class 3-1 A!”
Kana looked up at Kyosuke as she heard a male voice say from somewhere else in the classroom ”I heard that she got bit…” and in the worst possible vampire accent “…by a vampiree. Blah blah!”
Kyosuke returned her stare “you don't really believe that do you?”
“Well...you saw the bite marks, didn't ya?
"That doesn't-" but before he could finish his sentence their home room teacher walked in.
"Ok students settle down. Settle down. I know that you all are worked up about the whole vampire case." Kana stuck her tongue out at Kyosuke "told ya" The teacher continued "If any of you were to be so good as to watch the news you would know that they blocked off the road-" he finished "they will continue their report tonight" The teacher sat down and began the roll.
X-X-X
Kana and Kyosuke walked down the hall to get outside. "I can't believe it! aarrrggghh"
"So I guess we're not going to that house anymore" It was more of a hopeful statement then a question.
She looked up at her friend with a sly smile "you're not scared are you?"
"Yeah I'm afraid that all the dust is gonna kill me" then he pretended to cough. Kana pushed him away playfully as they both laughed. When they saw the front door Kana ran outside and took a seat under a cherry blossom tree. She waved at Kyosuke to sit near her before pulling out her lunch. She took a bite in her sandwich as Kyosuke watched practically everything inside fall out. His eyebrows rose at the sight.
"soo" he continued "we're done with that house; Right."
"Actually" a big smile spread across her face "this only makes me more anxious!" Her friend was about to speak when she placed a finger on her lips signaling for him to remain quiet. "You promised we would go Saturday" she whined like a little child who didn't get the flavor ice-cream they wanted. Kyosuke pretended to think. He then gave her a I-remember-no-such-thing look. "Ok so you didn't exactly promise" she got up and walked around the table "but you did say we could and would go."
The bell rang and she walked back inside. When she reached the door she turned around and gave him a mischievous smile.
X-X-X
-News broadcast-
The woman on the television stood in front of the haunted house. There was crime scene yellow tape blocking off the road. She held the mike close to her. "Due to the investigation on this morning's case no one is allowed to pass through these streets. Adults are supervised to set earlier curfews for their children."
X-X-X
Kana took the remote control and pressed the mute button. She heard footsteps coming down the stairs near the living room.
"Sorry babes but I saw the news in my rooms"
She turned around to see an older woman sporting the same unnatural color of hair as her. "Oh come on mom!"
"No buts, your to be home at" her mom stop to think for awhile "6:00p.m."
"wha-what!" but before she had the time to start ranting her mother went back upstairs. Kana ran up into her room and took the phone off the hook. She punched in a number then jumped on her bed. The phone rang five times before going to voice mail. She quickly hung up and pressed redial and listened to it ring again. It rang three times when it connected on the other line.
Kyosuke picked up the phone then heard Kana's voice. "Hey you didn't pick up earlier."
"That was the idea" He couldn't see her now but he could just imagine her expression. Cheeks flushed, nostrils flaring with hands balled into fist. He started to chuckle.
"Oh shut up!" He sighed and let her continue talking, but cut her off when he knew what she was about to ask.
"Yes Kana, I watched the news" he said dryly.
"Good. I decided we should camp out over night"
The phone slipped out of his hand and fell to the floor. He quickly picked it up. "Sorry. What now?"
"You heard me. We should sneak out around mid-night" Kyosuke whispered to himself "I should of never made friends with you." an got a "what?" as a reply
"Oh was that out loud?"
"U-uh-never mind that. I figured since we've been given earlier curfews and wouldn't be able to leave the house at night." she lingered on her words "we should sneak out and get home early the next morning. That should give us enough time."
-No reply-
"If you don't, all I have to do is ask my mom to stay at your house-" Kana didn't hear anything on the other line.-I'll think about it tomorrow- was all she heard before she heard a click followed by a busy tone.