Horror Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Forbidden Love ❯ Her eyes ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The cloaked figure looked out the dusty window and stared at the yellow tape blocking off the road. Their hands rose to meet the hood of the cloak before taking it off. As the cloak fell to the floor, a waterfall of icy blue hair cascaded down. The window opened as they jumped out.
X-X-X
Kyosuke walked along the busy street. He shoved his hands deeper into the pockets of his brown slacks. All around him he heard noise, a lady -with a stroller- stood by the vendor and seemed to be in deep conversation as her baby cried. A girl in a dazzling black and red dress came running in his direction. However, Kyosuke was too pre-occupied with his thoughts to notice. Ever since he woke up today, he couldn't help but think about the newspaper Kana showed him. The girl who everyone claimed was bitten by a vampire-what if it was true? “Maybe there is a vampire out there.” He spoke aloud to himself.
She was only a few feet away from him but he still hadn't noticed, not until…
-oof- The girl stumbled back and fell after running smack dab into Kyosuke. “Huh” he looked down seeing…”Kana? What are you doing here?” He ran a hand through his light brown hair “I know you liked me but, did you have to resort to stalking?” he said it all with a sickening sly smile on his face which made her blush a little.
She looked away first before looking up at him with a glare she hoped was threatening. “I was running an errand for mom.” She snapped. He stretched a hand and she took it. When she got up she dusted away the dirt on the back of her skirt.
“…ke…” Kyosuke looked to his side and saw the girl in the black and red dress whip pass him.
“…suke?...” Her icy blue hair trailing behind her. Suddenly she stopped on the spot. She looked back with a blank expression on her face before continuing on her way.
Her eyes were completely white
KYOSUKE!”
Kyosuke started at Kana with an annoyed look on his face. “What do you want?” He asked sternly
Kana pretended to hit herself in the head “you made me forget”
He ignored her as he answered her long asked question. Ok, I'll come with you to the house.”
Her face lightened up as she smiled “what changed your mind?”
“I don't know” he looked off into the direction the girl ran “but I have a strange feeling about this” Kana's expression changed into a more serious one as her gaze shifted from Kyosuke to where he was looking.
X-X-X
Night seemed to roll around early today. The sky was completely grey and the full moon gave off an eerie glow. There were no signs of stars anywhere as the clouds hid them from human eyes.
Blood had been given tonight.
X-X-X
Kyosuke sat in front of the computer. He was trying to look for any news vampire related. "uhh!" Kana gave a frustrated shout while slamming the fifth library book shut. She plopped down on the bed "all these books and still nothing. You would think you'd be able to find what you're looking for" she paused sucking in some air "but all we find are things like: vampires don't like sunlight, have fangs, suck innocent girls blood...why not male huh? So they are just assuming all vampires are guys?" she pretended to be hurt.
Kyosuke stared at Kana as she rambled on and on for about five minutes, but she was right. All he could find where the same things until he made a typo and ended up on 'other related sites'. Kana picked up a novel about vampire romance "and they make all these books; which are sooo boring if I might add." She started to quote "as she gazed into his eyes, she was instantly mesmerized.”gag me why don't yuh."
"Where did you get the idea that vampires have white eyes anyway?"
He clicked on one of the pages and scrolled down. His eyes widen then narrowed at the screen. "Look at this"
"Huh?" Kana swung her feet over the edge of the bed before walking over to where he sat. They both stared at the screen in shock as Kana read the headlines.
Village set a blaze for housing a vampire
she paused and turned to Kyosuke who already started reading the print.
A young vampire maiden found way to a small waterside village. An elderly couple -residents of the village-had found the young girl in a nearby forest. They took her in and gave her food and shelter. The young girl had spent two years with all the village residents. She had put her trust into the mortals after they had cared for her. She told them her secret of being immortal...of being a vampire.
It was a strange night when the most famous vampire hunter had come. It is said that the sky had been completely grey and there was no sign of stars, and that the moon glowed pale yellow light. The vampire hunter had found out that a vampire was being hidden, and would seek it out. The villagers refused to hand the vampire over. As a result the village was set ablaze. There was no sign of life, but there also was no body found of the vampire...
Kyosuke finished, eyes still going over what he just read.
-omph- Kyosuke turned around in time to see Kana stumble and struggle not to fall. He saw her looking out the window. He went over to her and was about to whisper something until she shouted. "This is so amazing!" she turned around with a smile "do you think..."
Before she could finish he cut her off "you don't possibly think that, it is the same vampire do you?"
"Ha! So you admit it" she said triumphantly "there is a vampire." Kyosuke just stared at the girl in front of him. "I mean come on-they said that the body of the vampire wasn't found" Kana stated. Kyosuke took a seat on the window's frame and stared into the sky. "We should print it right?" He remained silent and his arms were now folded.
"so you think that vampire is still alive?" he shook his head while his attention was still focused outside.
Kana walked over to Kyosuke and tapped her feet impatiently. "You saw the news and papers," She bent over looking into the darkness. Her arms were folded as she pressed against them. "Even if they aren't the same" she paused for awhile before continuing "and even though it might not even be the same vampire-something strange is going on. And it seems to be connected to that house."
At this Kyosuke looked at Kana curious to what she was saying. She turned to him and smiled. Pushing herself from her current position-she got up and stood in front of him-then took his arms to get him up. He allowed her to pull him to his feet waiting to see what she would do next. She looked at the bottom right hand of the computer screen-it read 11:00 p.m. "we should go now." Kyosuke picked up a flashlight that had lay on his table and followed Kana out.