Horror Fan Fiction / Other Fan Fiction ❯ Aurelius ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Two Thousand years have I lived on this Earth, and there is not one day I do not regret."
The man's young and bright blue eyes stared straight through the confusion that so ominously hung about his head. His shaggy auburn hair was draped down to his neck. Sallow cheeks hung upon prominent-perhaps even aristocratic-cheekbones. Thin pursed lips created an air of someone perpetually in thought, rightfully so, for this particular man had quite a lot to be pensive about.
“You come to me asking the story of my life, but this is difficult to recall considering I have been dead for too long to remember most of it. …But… considering that you, as you claim, might be a descendant of mine… I will divulge to you whatever I can recall. The story of my great family lineage!”
His name was Aurelius, and in his veins ran the blood of Rome. This of course was mixed with the blood of hundreds of cultures and thousands of people he had feasted on during his existence.
“You're being awfully quiet for a man who is standing in the presence of the impossible, but it's only normal I suppose. I myself have not spoke to any mortal in such a manner in well over a hundred years. It's difficult to tell if you aren't speaking at all or if I'm just speaking too much.”
“I-it-it's me sir, I'm just a little nervous is all. I mean, wouldn't you be?”
“…Yes…yes I would.”
With that utterance there was silence, and the pair finally realized the magnitude of their conversation. They were bridging a gap long thought unbridgeable, erecting a finely designed causeway between the lands of the living, and long dead. This man, this thing, was quite possibly a relative. A great uncle's great-great grandfather, if you will.
“And now Michael, I will begin.”
“Please do sir, please do.”