Horror Fan Fiction ❯ Dollface ❯ First day on the job ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2
First day at the job

...I’ve been alone for so long...
But then one day I had a visitor
His name was Calypso
He said he could make it all better
He said we we're gonna play a game…
It was the key!
The only one that could open my mask...

As I pulled up into the driveway, I hesitated to get out. I had been hired by this guy, Mr. Creole to help him at his house. I didn’t know what for, but the pay was good, so I really could care less. When you're desperate like I was, any source of income was good. The driveway was empty, but there were fresh tire tracks. I looked down at my watch. 8:10 am I was 5 minutes early. Just like mom always told me to be.
I thought about staying in the car, but then I thought, what if he was an old guy I had to take care of everyday. What if he couldn’t get out of bed? What if he slipped and fell?
I jumped out of the car and ran to the front door. I twisted the knob and it opened, unlocked. The inside was old and dusty. There were cobwebs going up the stairs and the windows were covered in so much dust you couldn’t see through them. This; along with the no electricity downstairs made it extremely dark, even though it was barely morning.
There were pictures on the wall of various people wearing masks. Some cute and creative, some crude and morbid, but they all were standing next to the same man. I guessed that was Mr. Creole.

Upon walking up the stairs I found out why the people were all wearing masks, he made them. One in particular caught my eye. It was small and clean. It must have been new. I held it in front of my face and found the nearest mirror. It fit perfectly.

All of a sudden, out of the corner of my eye I saw someone standing outside. He was staring directly at me. The dust on the window, but his eyes, full of anger hid his face, and malice shined through. Even though I couldn’t see him clearly, I felt him laughing at me. I nearly fainted as the thought raced through my mind of which he could have been. I was sure of it!
The man staring back at me was none other than the serial killer.
None other than Sweetooth!

I turned to run, but I slammed into a person. I screamed but soon stopped after seeing Mr. Creole standing before me smiling. "Mr. Creole...sorry, you startled me" He let out a small laugh. "Are you lost, my dear?" he said. I was right, he was old, but not ancient, and it didn’t look like he needed help getting out of bed.
I turned to the window where I had seen Sweetooth but there was no one there. I guess it was just a figment of my imagination. Scary house, by myself I’m sure I was just hallucinating.

"No, I-I’m here for the job you posted in the temp agency."
He slapped me on the shoulder. Rather hard actually. "Ah yes. The secretary position." He laughed again "welcome aboard" he turned to walk away. I followed, but stopped after realizing I was still holding the mask. "Y-you make masks" He turned. His face was almost completely changed from gentle old man, to menacing demon. He walked forward. "I do not make masks child. I craft beauty. A face wrinkles, ages and gets ugly. These masks are forever beautiful" He was basically hollering at me. I motioned the mask toward him and he smiled again. "You like this one?" "I-I...yes!" He pulled the mask from my hand slowly. "I-It fits perfectly actually" I added. He looked me up and down then smiled. "Ill keep that in mind" He walked to his office with me following.
The day started out bumpy but I was determined to be the best Secretary I could be.