Howl's Moving Castle Fan Fiction ❯ An Unwelcome Visitor ❯ In Which a Bed is Shared ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok, so I'm back with the second chapter…Yayyy! Haha, well starting today I will start posting this story on FanFiction.net as x3 lovely. So if you see this story up there it's not plagiarism I swear. Thanks for the wonderful review Charm16 I appreciated it =]. Keep reviewing people.
 
Tomorrow, I am leaving for 2 weeks on vacation and will probably not get to work on the story much, I'm not entirely sure I will have a computer where I am going. I will try my hardest to update, if I don't get my next chapter will get up when I get back on July 28th.
 
One more thing, this story is a combination of the book and the movie. I hope it doesn't confuse anyone.
 
Disclaimer: Once again I don't own Howl & Co, damn it. =[
 
 
“Howl Jenkins, we aren't married therefore, I am not sleeping with you!” Sophie threw her legs off the side of Howl's bed and yanked the end of her nightgown to cover up her legs.
 
Getting up she leaned on the wood of the door frame, she folded her arms across her chest trying to cover up as much as she could. She glanced around looking for a robe, but she remembered that Lillian was last seen prancing around in Sophie's. Sophie was very tempted to rip it off her “accidentally”, but since Calcifer, Markl, and Howl were all boys and she couldn't guarantee that Lillian was wearing anything underneath, she decided against it.
 
Today had just not been her day. First, that little “ex-fiancé” had come to stay with them and second, she was being forced to sleep in Howl's bed. “It is that girl's fault in the first place!” Sophie stormed. “If she had not come to stay with us I'd be down in my bed, but no, she had to just barge right in, and YOU had to let her stay!”
 
“Sophie I promise I'll keep my hands to myself. Dear, just lay back down.”
 
“No, I am not lying back down!”
 
“Sophie dear, then I will be happy to escort you to Granny Witch's room. I'm quite sure she would let you sleep with her, or better yet I will sleep in there with her. You know Markl would share his room, too. Better still, why don't I march you down there and you can sleep next to Lillian. I'll trade you places if you'd like. So as you can see, love, my face is much better to see when you wake up,” Howl grinned with triumph.
 
He knew Sophie would not take him up on any of the offers. He really did not want to sleep next to any of them, but Sophie of course. So he figured the threats were exceedingly empty, but convincing enough that he'd be sleeping next to Sophie tonight. Damn he was good.
 
“You are a horrible, horrible, person. I thoroughly dislike you right now, Mr. Jenkins. How self centered of you too, you do not know if I would rather see Markl's face or even Granny's face when I wake up,” Sophie paused, “You are quite right about the Lillian thing though. Your face would be much better than hers.”
 
“Just lay back down Sophie, I promise to behave. I love you and I will respect your wishes,” Howl took Sophie's hand and entwined his fingers with hers. Looking into his eyes Sophie could see his eyes were filled with understanding and love, not with the fire of lust she had assumed would be there. Squeezing her hand he pulled her back in bed.
 
Sophie quickly pulled the covers up to her nose until she was sure nothing important was exposed. It wasn't that she didn't want to be with Howl, but she wanted to be married first. She didn't want to be forced into sharing something that special with him by an ex-fiancé. Somehow, that wasn't how she had planned it out in her mind, go figure. She flipped over so her back was facing Howl.
 
“Howl, why didn't you ever mention Lillian? You know I wouldn't have been upset, I know that you have had an,” Sophie paused trying to choose her words, “Interesting past, dealing with love. I thought we were sharing everything with each other, I mean, you know I have had nothing in my past with love.”
 
That wasn't fully true though, Sophie had liked a boy when she was a lot younger. Jared was his name and he was not quite as striking and outgoing as Howl, maybe a little on the plain like Sophie, but Sophie thought that they had made quite a smart match. Fanny did not think so, much to Sophie's dismay.
 
“He wasn't rich enough,” Fanny had declared after running him off from the hat shop, “He'd make you slave all day taking care of his 10 children and working in his shop. You know Dear, that isn't what you want your life to be like.”
 
“Then maybe Martha should meet him,” 14 year old Sophie had replied bitterly. This comment had worked remarkably well since Fanny left immediately to “have a talk” with Martha and left Sophie alone to sulk.
 
“Sophie love, I'm sorry I have kept this past from you, in my eyes that's just what she is, the past. Sophie you over shadow any girl in my past and you make them look like less than nothing. No one and I mean NO ONE, compares to you. I love you Sophie,” Howl's arm crept over her waist and held her against him.
 
“I believe you, Howl. That was very sweet and I love you too, but I'm still not sleeping with you!” Sophie turned her body over so she faced Howl. She was surprised at how close he had become. She tried to remain serious and look angry at Howl, but a smile flitted over her eyes and her mouth twitched upward. “I can't stay mad at you, Mr. Pendragon.”
 
“I know, and that's what I love about you, Mrs. Pendragon,” Howl laughed as he pulled her closer, he placed his lips on hers and kissed her hard. This surprised Sophie and she instantly tried to pull away, but Howl had anticipated this and locked her between his arms. His tongue brushed against her lips begging for entrance, and slowly, to his surprise, she gave in. Her mouth opened and their tongues brushed against one another's. Howl was the one to break away first not wanting to take advantage of the situation.
 
“Goodnight sweet, Sophie. Sleep tight, and may your dreams take you exactly where you want to go.”
 
“Goodnight,” Sophie breathed as she drifted into a deep enchanted sleep, in the arms of her true love.
 
Howl laid awake for long after she had gone to sleep, just watching his fiancé. “There's no way I'm letting you go now, beloved one,” Howl whispered as he kissed her forehead. Snuggling closer he fell into a deep sleep, himself.
 
Little did either of them know that there was a plot being drawn below them. Lillian was not one to lose a battle, especially by such a plain girl.
 
“So what if she has hair of starlight, my magic could make my hair like that if I really wanted it to. I don't understand the appeal of her,” Lillian spat.
 
Calcifer peered out from behind the grate of the hearth. Lillian noticed him for the first time since she had arrived. Calcifer dove back under the logs.
 
“Pretty fire--”
 
“Oh god don't start that again, I get enough of that from Granny Witch.”
 
“Fine, all flattery aside, now you aren't going to tell anyone about what you just saw and heard are you, Calcifer? Or you know… this bucket of water might find it's way hurtling toward you while you are sleeping.”
 
“Lady, you should know by now, I don't offer information unless I'm asked.”
 
“Fine, I guess that will have to do.”
 
Lillian put away all of her plans by stuffing them underneath the mattress, far away from Calcifer's reach. She put her hair up and laid in bed thinking about the havoc she will cause tomorrow.