Hunter X Hunter Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Destiny ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Fallen Destiny
 
Author: Delton_Ruu
 
Chapter: 1/?
 
Status: Complete
 
Pairings: None yet but on later chapters it would definitely be Illumi x OC.
 
Genre: Angst/Action/Drama/Romance
 
Rating: General
 
Summary: Born from a family of skilled and promising assassins in the hunter world, Illumi is no exception. Being the eldest heir made him experienced and excellent in the art of killing and deception.
“No friends, no comrades and only pure business,” was his motto.
On his way to bring his runaway younger brother back home, he encountered the person he least wanted to see, meet and interact with. To make the situation worse, Killua was suddenly kidnapped before he could reach him. Trust the blasted fate to play its trick for he will badly and desperately need `that' person's help to retrieve his brother back.
Who is this person and why is he so apprehensive in meeting him?
Let's find out. ^_^
 
Warning:
This is an Alternate Universe (AU) fan fiction and character deviations of the main cast (if not all of them) are expected.
You will also find some if not most of the scenes way too far of what the typical Illumi fan fiction plots possess.
Special notice for all Illumi x Hisoka and Illumi x Kuroro hardcore fans ----- I just want you to know that like you, I adore and love Irumi so much too. I have nothing against the above-mentioned pairings. In fact I find them fascinating and interesting. Its just that I really have a craving for pairing Illumi to someone I originally created. I hope you will give me a chance to freely share it with you.
There! I've said it all at last! So, flames are least expected now, ne? I hope so!
 
Disclaimer:
 
The very same person who created `Ghost Fighter' ---- a very beautiful and uniquely made masterpiece. I didn't know he'd make a much more captivating obra maestra, which I fell madly in-love with . . . . . Hunter X Hunter!
A sincere appreciation, respect and thanks to Yoshihiro Togashi. I salute you sir! ^_^
 
 
 
 
Fallen Destiny
Delton_Ru
 
Prologue
 
16years prior, July 14th, Lieu Mansion
 
Highest form of fear, trepidation and terror is what the six-year-old girl feels who is expertly concealed in a secret door behind the closet of her parents' bedroom. She could clearly hear the brutal and harsh sound of shooting, stabbing, slashing and ripping of human bodies outside, including their moans and pleadings of agony and pain before dying. The little girl could do nothing. Despite her very young age, she could feel that an unexplainable violence and bloodshed is currently occurring in their household.
She could still clearly remember how her mother looks when she hid her there. Her derailed and deranged face and gloomy emerald eyes showed so much pain that she terribly wished to stay with her that moment, she would and never leave her. She was strictly told to not come out no matter what happens.
She is starting to feel uneasy about her situation and desperately wants to come out and see for herself what really is happening outside. She heard a shrilling scream. That's it! She's coming out.
What she first saw was the scruffy and disorganized bedroom of her parents. She scanned the room and right there at the top of the queen-sized bed laid her mother's blood-splattered corpse, eyes and mouth wide open which spelled terror before her last breath. A long and shiny blade stabbed her heart and dress roughly torn.
“Mama. . .” was all she could say.
 
She didn't know what happened next. Now, all she could see is the ghastly entourage of brutally murdered bodies piled everywhere. Then her vision began to blur.
 
 
July 21stZaoldyeck Manor
 
"Hi!" Illumi heard a faint soft voice of a girl about his age greet him. "Not again", he sighed silently. He is about to give the intruder a taste of his signature pins but the receiver only dodged it casually.
 
"I was strolling along in this vast beautiful garden of yours and it's embarrassing to say that I got lost. My feet reared me towards here hoping I would find someone who could walk me back and I found you", she explained not paying attention to his ill remark and attack.
 
"What a lame excuse! You really enjoy pestering if not annoying me, don't you"? He asked sharply, greeting his teeth. He gave her his famous cold and deadly stare.
 
"Why do you hate he so much Illumi-kun? All I wanted is for us to be friends.” Her emerald eyes showed how hurt she is.
 
"You're asking for the impossible Lieu. You know damn well what the family policy is regarding that matter. Be grateful for you're a daughter of a family friend, if not you're dead a long time ago." He walked away, without even taking a second glance at her.
 
The six-year old girl deeply sighed, then shook her head sadly. She wondered why Illumi changed so sudden, from a very polite snob, on the first day they met, to a very rude one as the days pass by. She thought her stay at the mansion would be as normal as she used to when she was still with her family. Upon remembering Her family made her sadder because she knew in her young heart that she would never see them again.
 
Chapter One: Unexpected Call
 
Present Time
 
Thirty minutes ----- the time he allotted himself to reach his destination. Two miles is not that far for his nimble and light-footed traveling ability. He proficiently evaded all dangerous if not deadly traps, threatening anybody who dares enter the property.
Despite his current activity, Illumi unconsciously ruminated on the phone conversation with his mother, three days ago. His eardrums nearly exploded upon hearing her screeching voice and managed to discern between her nonstop tirades that Killua
ran away from home. He was immediately ordered to return home as soon as possible to deal with it. How he hated his mother more for ruining a supposedly fifty million contract just because of a menial situation that even the lowest rank manservant can handle even with eyes closed. He is simply annoyed at the thought. His organized schedules for the next two months were totally damaged just because of an unexpected call.
Half an hour seemed three minutes. He arrived at the mansion a quarter earlier. Stern-looking Goto welcomed his arrival. He was greeted a `welcome master Illumi' address followed by a bow. He just acknowledged it with a flat stare and preceded his pace to his mother's room. In the marble staircase he encountered Milluki, his younger brother.
“Mama is in the study. Proceed there instead of going to her room.” The obese teen informed. Before he could reach his last step, he heard him add, “ torture him best you can once you find him `niisan . That darn brat injured me and mama.”
 
“Oh Illumi, thank heavens you're here at last!” His mother over-reactively exclaimed. She hurriedly ran towards him kissing his both cheeks and hugged him tightly.
“Mothers!” he silently groaned. How he wished he were somewhere else instead of facing his mother's traditional antics. Too bad it is inevitable. Once his mother rings, it is a law; all of them (her children) should comply. Sometimes he envied Killua's stubbornness because he has guts to go against her wishes. If only he could. He mused bitterly.
“Your baby brother opposed me, Illumi. He fearlessly escaped, injuring me and Milluki to defy my orders” her voice is starting to become hysterical.
He didn't bother opening his mouth to reply. His attention narrowed on her mother's bandaged face. Killua did hell of achievement ruining their mother's beautiful and flawless face. He silently chuckled.
“And now?” The raven-haired assassin asked nonchalantly. This conversation is starting to bore him.
“I want you to bring him back,” she wailed, voice slowly rising five octaves. “You know how important he is to the family. He is the next heir, Illumi. I don't want him to waste his time on useless adventures instead of training.”
“Point taken mama. Anything else?” His voice sounded final. He wanted to be out there as fast as possible. His precious time is starting to be wasted.
“That's all for now. By the way, your father wants to speak with you too. He has something important to discuss.”
Illumi unconsciously blinked. What would his father want to discuss with him now? He asked himself. As far as he can remember, he executed all orders efficiently and on time, thus, assignments will be out of topic. The thought bothered him for a while.
 
-&-
 
A/N: One will ask after reading the chapter, why was Illumi rude in dealing with the little girl? It was way out of his polite and ever patient character.
There's a reason behind it and will be revealed as the story progresses. If you want to find out why, stay tuned. ^_^
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
.