Hunter X Hunter Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Destiny ❯ The Runaway Albino ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Tired of running, he temporarily stopped his pace and while resting, he observed his surroundings. Unlike him, the passer bys didn't mind at all. They are too busy with their own businesses to even look at him. He scanned the area for possible danger--- none. But his stomach is already complaining and asking for mercy if he can help its plea.
 
“Ok, I am hungry. So, what to do next?” he mused with himself. He again scanned the area, but this time, not for possible threat or danger, but for a place where he can satisfy his growling tummy. His amethyst orbs spotted a food spot just across the street.
 
“Just the right place to go,” he said to himself at the same time crossing the street.
 
 
 
Corner Stop Food House
 
 
 
Full as usual was their favorite food spot that she and her friends are enjoying the scenery. Faith Le Blanche is eyeing the blond cutie over their left. Hope Khan, oblivious and obviously not interested in what Faith's doing, is reading her favorite Sydney Sheldon hardcover and she Charity Shino is definitely enjoying her favorite snack as always, not minding her pals own `what-a-bouts'. Despite the vociferous jam-packed cafe they just do their own things without being conscious of what they do and look. She was about to take a bite when she noticed a silver-haired boy around sixteen entered the vicinity. He's just like the other teens hanging out there. He's wearing simple faded blue jeans and gray shirt. The only noticeable thing on this dude is his height and a very pale complexion. Some onlookers also even noticed him.
 
“Hey, who's that lad?” Even Faith noticed the boy. She's really quick when it comes to remarkable or extraordinary physical looks of the opposite sex.
 
“Asked the same question myself, maybe he's new in town.” She replied nonchalantly, showing no interest at all.
 
Their silent companion finally raised her head, noticing their conversation. She adjusted the rim of her eyeglasses and raised her heart-shaped face towards the young man they are talking about then turned to them giving them a blasé look.
 
“Oh please Faith, spare the boy with your supposedly charming wile. He's too young for you”, she gave her raven-haired sister a warning look by just raising her left eyebrow.
 
“Relax Hope, she knows her limitations, I believe.” Charity replied with a bright smile.
 
“Knowing Faith, I doubt,” She retorted which made Charity's auburn wavy locks sway back and forth as she laughed heartily.
 
Killua could feel the piercing and probing eyes on him as he entered the food court, particularly the group of girls two tables ahead from his left. He admit that most of the people inside the area turned to look at him when he entered but those girls got his attention. Something he could not name but feel oddly familiar. Especially the one with the smiling hazel shaped eyes. He shook his head for that unexplainable presentiment and started eating his ordered food.
 
-&-
 
City of Zerhad, Country Of Lubria
 
In a very spacious, well lit and furnished office room, stood a man in his late thirties, facing the glass window and staring at the city with keen interest and affection. Who wouldn't, when you witness lights of various colors shine courageously as if they have their own pattern and style. He knows it's already past nine in the evening but he's waiting for someone. A certain person he personally delegated to handle a very sensitive task only a few of his own kin know. As time ticks away, his patience grew thin.
`Where the hell is he', he susurrated silently. `He should be here now'.
As if on cue, a light knock was heard on the door. The individual behind it waited patiently of his masters' acknowledgement before he entered. When he heard an imposing and solid `come in' he entered as told so.
Before saying anything he bowed before his sire's presence and asked for forgiveness of being late. He was dismissed nonchalantly and told to precede his report.
`Any updates regarding the location of the `Tear of Oras?' He asked in a commanding tone. His tawny eyes expressed seriousness and impatience.
`Yes your majesty! In fact, it's already on the warehouse as instructed. The hired hunter is very proficient it only took him a week to locate such rare item.' A pleased and satisfied expression mirrors on his taut face.
`Good. Now, the only missing is the chosen heir.' Despite the hoarse voice, he sounds happy of the result. Seconds later a satisfied grin was plastered on his stoic and rigid face. It's time for the second phase of our project Karim. You already know what to do.' He waved his hand, a sign of his servant's dismissal.
 
-&-
 
 
 
Zaoldyeck Manor, Padokia
 
Bothered. If anyone would like to describe his state right now, the said word would precisely be the exact term. How very unlikely for the eldest heir of the infamous Zaoldyeck Clan. He is known to be the king of imperturbability. Why now agitated? Questions, several questions keep on popping in his already disconcerted head. Not to mention his stay on the mansion is already prolonged. It's already been three days since he arrived. And it's a record. He never stays long in the compounds. He doesn't even call their house a home. A living hell maybe, but definitely not a home. His grandfather and father treated him as a proficient killing machine, no more, no less. A means of living, that's all. His mother on the other hand has an incongruous affection towards him. She is really a little idiosyncratic when it comes to treating her children. Like him for example, she has this humongous obsession towards him when it comes to his physical features. She says he looks like just her grandmother and that he's beautiful and should always stay that way . . . blah blah. As if he cares anyway. Always fussing around about not-so-important matters and mood shifts every second of the day. He only finds her ANNOYING. Milluki, two years younger than he is, comes next, is still a pain in the ass as usual. Exasperation is all he could get when his fatso for a brother is within 100 centimeters the vicinity, repeatedly annoying him of his ridiculous propositions from torturing the hell out of Killua to helping him create his god-knows-what inventions only he could understand, offering a fifty-fifty share of whatever the outcome would be. If there is a reason for him to make those occasional visits if not prolonging his stay in the area, it would be Killua and Caruto. He would always be fond of his two younger siblings even himself could not comprehend. Being one of Killua's trainers, he developed a sense of protectiveness and at the same time possessiveness over him. It may be because he is the next heir to lead the clan of its business, or just because his skills is very exceptional that he finally learned to accept the fact that Killua surpassed his expectations of being a Zaoldyeck. Calluto's acquiescence on the other hand is quite promising. Never had he heard a single complain about anything. Be it the gruesomeness of everyday physical training or the perplexing and mind-boggling intellectual assessments regarding assassination plans and strategies, still, he would go on as if its every days routinely activities.
Thinking of them softens his forever-callous features. But now's not the time for recollection over petty things like this one. He even reminded himself that an assassin like him needs not such insignificant memories. It's just an obstruction of concentration as much as a nuisance. He needs to channel all his focus to the task at hand. Thinking about it makes him a little vexed. His conversation with his father two days ago was somewhat diverse from the typical assassination projects to be performed or the end results of a certain mission. This time, his father ordered him to look for a certain someone as soon as possible. All the needed information is already in his hands. The only thing he'll do is look for him and bring him back together with his runaway younger brother. His father didn't explain much. He seemed to be hiding something but questioning the present heir is out of the question. Obey first before you complain, that's a certain rule. Normally he doesn't bother but this one is different, for he has a bizarre feeling that something not good is coming. Its just intuition, but his instinct never failed him yet. That's what's bothering him.
 
-&-