Hunter X Hunter Fan Fiction ❯ The Assassin's Assasin ❯ Hunter x Killings x Stalking ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Welcome to The Assassin's Assassin, my second fanfiction for Hunter x Hunter. The last fanfic I had written was a GonKillua oneshot entitled A Little Bird Told Me. I want to clear up something real quick: All of my fanfics will take place after the events of the Greed Island OVA unless specified. Killua's special attack, the Nen Lightning, developed during the Greed Island OVA, as well as Gon's special punch.
 
I guess that's it. I expect this story to break at least 10 chapters if I can keep myself motivated. It also depends on people's reaction to the story itself. I will also make it a habit to reply to my reader's reviews regarding the chapters.
 
Disclaimer as performed by our own Devilish Angel, Killua!
Killua: Say it now? (Pan: Yes, go, go!) Erm, okay. Pan doesn't own HxH or any of the characters mentioned besides Mio, her OC… how was that? (Pan: Just fine. Good job. n-n Now you get chocolate!)
 
Italics = thoughts
Bolded Italics = Flashback
“…..” = Speaking (Duh. xD)
 
-------Ch. 1: Hunters x Killings x Stalking------
 
A fist slammed against a hard wooden desk within an air-conditioned building. The blazing sun had heated the outside to an unpleasant temperature. Everyone was mal-tempered.
 
“This HAS to be some kind of joke. We aren't even allowed to get information on a single family!?” A semi-high voice shrieked. She glared at the man behind the desk. “I was told to come to you for a reason, you know!”
 
“I don't know why. We can't really do anything for you. The family does have an infamous reputation, but information on members other than the family heads are hard to come by.” The man sighed. “Now, I'd appreciate it if you didn't wreck my desk.” He adjusted the glasses on his face.
 
The girl uneasily took her gloved hand from the desktop. “I suggest you get that information.” She threatened.
 
The man stood up. “I understand that you are a rather new Hunter, am I correct? As in fresh out of the exam?” The girl nodded. “I see. Then I wouldn't be making threats just yet. You're in no position to tell me what to do at your level. I'd prefer not to abide to the wishes of rookie Hunters.”
 
“I'm assuming that's the reason you refused me the information.” The girl growled. The man shook his head.
“Partially. But we really have no information to give you. You might want to try asking around the town. I'm sure they'd have more information than me.”
 
The young Hunter groaned. `Jeez. These guys are going to drag me all around town.'
 
She walked out of the building to go ask shopkeepers about who they knew, only to pass by one of the very people she was looking for. He stood about at five feet, not including his spiky silver hair. His eyes were a glittering purple as he cheerfully chatted with another boy. The other boy was only slightly shorter with spiked ebony hair and brown eyes. Their attire was simple. It allowed them to blend it.
 
Other's didn't know it or expect it, but the two young teens were Hunters. Skilled hunters, at that, having conquered the game of Greed Island after fighting with three skilled Nen-users, one of whom was a homicidal bomber.
 
“Have you heard about what these folks have been talking about?” The silver-haired boy asked his friend. The other boy shook his head. “No..”
“Hmm. It's mainly between those that gossip and those that publish it. I keep hearing about these mass genocide's that have been happening. It was almost as if someone had put out a contract to have them all eradicated.”
 
“That doesn't seem so bad. I mean, your family does it.” The black-haired boy replied.
 
“Not like this. It'd take a lot of money to get them to slaughter an entire town, but I don't think they'd be above doing it anyway.” He sneezed.
 
“Meh, it's only a matter of time before I take `em all out. Then we won't have to worry about it.” The silver-haired boy smirked.
“Eh, Killua?”
The silver-haired boy turned to face his friend. “Yeah, Gon?”
 
“Are you sure you want to kill your entire family?” Gon asked. Killua paused for a moment, pondering the question.
“Well, not so much as `kill.' It's more like playing Blacklist Hunter and capturing them all alive.”
 
“Hmmm… well, it sounds like these new guys are going to put the Zaoldyeck family out of business, eh Killua?” Gon said jokingly. Killua chuckled.
“Seems that way. It'll only make it easier. I'd like to have everyone at the house for our reunion.”
 
The boys walked off slowly through the crowd of people. One of the shopkeepers that had taken up store outside had overheard the conversation, which actually was lucky for the little Hunter girl. He happened to be the next person she decided to ask.
 
The man monitoring his stand was also annoyed by the heat. He irritably served his equally annoyed customers when suddenly the female hunter walked up. “Hello, sir, forgive me for my interruption.”
 
The man glared at her. “What is it?” he asked gruffly. The Hunter chuckled nervously.
“Well, I'm kinda in a snag, you see. I'm a Blacklist hunter, and I'm trying to get information on a certain family..”
“I know families, but I might not know the guys you're talking about.” The man said. He took the money of a customer and gave back change hastily.
 
“I don't expect you to have much information. I'm looking for members of the family, individuals would be nicer. The Zaoldyeck family, you see. That family of assassins? I've been asking around for information, but no one seems to know.”
 
The man scratched his chin. “I know of one. He passed by not too long ago. Silver hair. Didn't catch anything else. He was with another boy.” He pointed down the road. “They went that way. Might be leaving the town, I think. Don't you think you're a little young to be messing with this family?”
 
The girl shook her head. “Nah, I'm a Hunter. I can do it.”
 
The man scratched his head. “Well, if you say so. Eh, good luck.” She waved and ran off. It wasn't long before she caught sight of them. Their backs were turned. They hadn't seen her. She wasn't too skilled with Nen. She had taken a break from her master's training, despite his protests. She hoped she'd either be able to mask her aura or the boys couldn't detect it either way.
 
Despite her attempts to keep herself hidden and undetected, Gon's natural talents enabled him to pick up the slightest sound of movement. She turned around and looked.
 
“What is it, Gon?” Killua asked.
 
Gon stared back for a second. He was sure he had heard something. “Eh, nothing. Probably an animal.”
Killua looked back as well. “Well, I doubt we'd find animals this close to civilization. Come on. We have things to do.” Gon nodded. “'kay.” He said, bounding after Killua.
 
The girl signed with relief. They heard her, but didn't see her. `Better watch where I step.'
Zetsu was still difficult for her. It was best to remain silent for now and not strain herself trying to use something she had no skill with.
 
Hiding in bushes and behind trees, the girl continued to make herself hidden and stay that way. They didn't look too difficult to handle, but the Zaoldyeck might prove to be a bit more of a challenge. Her wristblade unlocked itself, just in case they suddenly decided to ambush her. If they happened to notice her, that is.
 
The boys had noticed her long enough, but decided to have fun with it and play it as if they didn't know. “You hear him, right?” Killua asked his friend softly. Gon nodded back. “He's still there.”
“Chk. I wonder what he wants.” He crossed his arms behind his head. “Probably a pickpocket or something. Whatever, if he knows any Nen abilities, he sure sucks at using them.”
 
“So what was our mission again?” Gon piped after a moment of silence. Killua facepalmed.
“Didn't you listen at all?” With a smile on his face, Gon shook his head. “Nope!”
 
“There's a large gang of bandits holed up in the north. They've been pillaging the local villages, and they want someone to stop it. Professional Hunters won't do it. They said the reward was too small. We're doing it since we need the money anyway. We need a reputation as well.”
 
“… seems simple enough.” Gon said. “How many are there?”
 
“Well, all eyewitnesses said something different, but it averaged around 12 and 14… not too many.” Killua, whom had previously said that his math skills were horrible, managed to vastly improve. He could now add and subtract like a professional math whiz.
 
“There weren't any reports Nen-users and any unusually strong people.”
 
A twig snapped. Killua's hand suddenly transformed into the claws he used for his old job. “I'm getting sick of this.”
Gon stepped in front of Killua. “Don't hurt him. He hasn't done anything!” Killua walked over to the site of the twig crack despite Gon's words. “I don't care. I just want him to stop following us.”
 
The girl ducked down into the thick bush as silently as she could. Killua stood looking overhead and had apparently lost track of her. Killua walked back onto the road as the girl backed up out of the bush. She was stopped by a solid figure. A rock, maybe.
 
“Hey there, why are you hiding?” A happy voice chirped. The girl looked up and stared into the face of Gon, who had seemed to vanish and reappear right behind her.
 
“…..”
 
“Hey, Killua, I got her!” Gon yelled, waving. The girl got up and dusted herself off. “Well, seeing as I've been found out, I might as well skip to the point.” She shot a glare at Killua. “Zaoldyeck filth. You'll pay for what you did to us.”
 
“Oh, and what exactly did I do to you?” Killua inquired. The girl growled.
 
“Surely you remember the Inari family that was slaughtered last year?”
 
Killua paused to think. “Oh yeah! I think that was one of Illumi's missions.”
 
“So it was one of you, eh? Tell me where he is.”
 
“I don't know at the moment. You might want to try going to my house or something, but if you're planning on killing the Zaoldyecks, not only will you have to get through me, but you'll have to wait your turn.” Killua smirked. “I've already said I was going to take them all out.”
 
“Hmph. I guess I could start with you an prevent that.”
 
“It's not going to work. You're very outclassed.” Killua warned. He brought is hands close together, and the electric current that flowed through him flared up in a mass of lightning. “So unless you want to be charcoal before you even get far in your training, I'd suggest you back down now.”
 
The girl stood in silence for a moment before locking her wristbands back up into their slots. “Ugh, fine.”
 
“… so what do we do with her now?” Gon asked.
 
“Well, I'd rather just bind and gag her and leave her on the nearest train track.” Killua said softly in reply to Gon. The girl couldn't hear what was going on.
 
“Well, I say we take her with us.” Killua gave him a look that obviously meant “What the crap?” Gon took notice. “you said before that her Nen abilities were bad. We can teach her so she could be more of a challenge later on. That's what you want, right?”
 
“Well.. I guess..” Killua stood up straight and walked over to his would-be assassin. “So, what's your name?”
 
`Should I tell him?' she wondered. `Bah, might as well.'
 
“My name.. is Mio Inari.”
 
----End Episode 1----
“On the next Hunter x Hunter blah blah blah.”
Well, that's the end of chap one. Constructive criticism is allowed and welcome. I don't expect this to be the best fanfic in the world, but I try. XD Tell me what you think.
 
READ AND REVIEW! Pan, over and out!