Immortal Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Goodbye My True Angel ❯ Goodbye My True Angel ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own “Immortal Rain;” Kaori Ozaki owns it.
 
 
 
He was my first love and my last. He was my first kiss, my first everything. He showed me the beauty of life. He showed me kindness and intelligence. I never knew any kinder person. His name was Rain. Rain Jewlitt.
 
He was also called Methuselah. I met him when I was fourteen and he was six hundred and twenty-four. I wanted to kill him for my late grandfather, Zol the Grim Reaper, a professional assassin. But instead I fell in love with him and he fell in love with me.
 
Rain told me everything about him before his heart was crushed by the command of Yuca Collabell in the Biological Laboratory. When I saw it with my eyes, I thought he would be gone forever. Instead he was replaced with another heart.
 
But I did not know that. My companion Kiki, an Angel, and I traveled far and wide for a year, until Eury Evans told us that he might be in Calavaria.
 
We were not successful in getting information there, so we took to the streets, trying to get money by arm wrestling. Fate was on our side when my friend, Ayla, found us and helped.
 
Let's fast-forward to when Rain and I met again, at the Water Park when he was dressed up in a costume character. It was a bittersweet memory. I was fifteen and he was six hundred and twenty five. And we had our second kiss.
 
But God had a plan for us that were cruel.
 
At the Biological Laboratory, where he became immortal, Rain had to face Yuca with Eury, Kiki, and me by his side, fighting the “Angels” so he could battle the real Methuselah. Ayla was just watching. She was not up for fighting.
 
Whenever I had a chance, I would sneak a peak to see what the progress was. Rain was winning and I was glad. Maybe, just maybe he can become human. That was his wish and it was going to be granted. Rain wouldn't have to worry about he dying alone nor I since we had each other.
 
I was done finishing off an Angel when I saw Rain, with tears in his eyes, shoving a cross stick into Yuca's heart. He had just killed off his friend that was formed little over six hundred years ago. He looked up at me with misty eyes and muttered, “Machika.”
 
I smiled softly for him and went up to him. I kneeled and held him in my arms. That was it, we hoped.
 
He started to cough and laid a hand over his mouth. When he pulled it away, there was blood. We both stared at it. Panic started to develop far below my heart.
 
Rain started cough harder and harder. My eyes started to dampen. This couldn't be happening! No! No! No!
 
“Rain…”
 
“I had this condition back when I was twenty-four. That was why I couldn't go with Freya and the others. I was dying and it seems that I am now,” he said with his bangs shading over his eyes.
 
I started to sniff. “You can't leave me now, our life has just begun!”
 
“I'm sorry Machika, so sorry.”
 
I looked at his face. It looked so pure, yet so white. His azure-emerald eyes were starting to cloud over.
 
“Kiss me Rain.”
 
I crashed onto his lips. Our tongues were dancing with each other. My left hand was behind his neck and my right on the back of his head. His arms were around my waist. It was a moment that none of us wanted to end. We wanted it to go on for millennia. Alas, when we pulled apart for air, he started to cough up blood. It seemed worse.
 
“Remember when I said that I would be your Grim Reaper, Rain?” I asked him with my hands on both of his cheeks.
 
His eyes were starting to haze over and nodded his head.
 
I licked my lips and slightly bit my lower lip and said, “Well, I am going to do that now. I am going to release you to the heavens where you can be free and away from pain. You can go where you will see Freya and everybody else that you have missed. Heck, you can even see my grandfather again. How does that sound?”
 
Rain's voice started to get heavier, but he managed to say, “What about you? You will be so lonely.”
 
I managed a smile. “Don't worry, I'll be all right. You will be looking out for me!”
 
I got back on my feet and grabbed by sickle. Rain was kneeling a couple feet away with his head down. My tears started to fall down like a vast river. I was about to kill the man I ever loved. Rain Jewlitt.
 
“I love you Rain.”
 
Rain looked into my eyes and smiled at me. “I love you too Machika…always and forever.”
 
I raised my sickle and swung. With a flash, his head was dislodged. His body collapsed and his head fell beside it.
 
My arms were still raised. Rain was gone from the world now. No longer would I see his smile, hear his laughter and voice, and feel his arms around my small body. But I could still smell his dew scent.
 
Eury, who was watching not too far away, walked behind me with Ayla and Kiki by his side. He hugged me along with Ayla. I started to wail. My arms dropped and I let my sickle fall to the floor.
 
Heavy rain started to fall as we walked outside with Rain's corpse. I was holding his head while Eury and Ayla carried his body. We went on top of a hill that I could feel presences alive with happiness.
 
“Here, we will bury him here,” I concluded.
 
We started digging with our hands and buried his body. We set up a cross for him. I found a flower and laid it on his grave. My friends gave me space as I looked on.
 
This is how it ended. Rain was gone and I lived on for him. I know that is what he wanted me to do. My memories with a true angel would always linger in my mind until the day I depart this life. I could never love another man that was true as him.
 
Beside the breeze I heard a soft whisper, “Machika.”
 
I smiled, “Rain.”
 
The rain started to fall lightly and I walked away with my friends beside me.