InuYasha Fan Fiction / Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Clash of the Egos ❯ What the Hell? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: We don't own Inuyasha or Bleach if we did, we would be richer than you!
 
For all of you who aren't familiar with Bleach we'll explain the main story. Ichigo is a supposedly normal fifteen-year-old student in high school. Except, he can see ghosts. YES PEOPLE! HE SEES THEM AND TALKS TO THEM! Anyway, a hollow (evil spirit) attacked his home and his family. A hollow is a spirit with anger and sadness gone amok. It turns into a large monster, a white mask hiding its real identity. Hollows are mostly people who find loneliness in death and the chain to sanity that is connected to them is broken.
 
This is where the Shinigami (soul reaper) Rukia enters. She came to defeat the hollow but instead ends up having to save Ichigo and his family. Unfortunately, she had to jump into the way of the oncoming hollow that was about to bite Ichigo in half! Thus, having to give of her powers to Ichigo, because she was too injured to fight it. He kills it and thinks it's over. Until she enrolls in his school and tells him he has to take over her job until she regains her dark force.
 
Ichigo has orange hair and brown eyes. He is arrogant, violent, and usually never EVER smiles. A little opinionated and overactive. He also likes to curse A LOT! * Rukia Kuchiki is a bit forceful. She's kinda short with short black hair and BLUE EYES! She is businesslike and almost weighs half of what Ichigo does and still gets to boss him around. She also calls him names because she thinks he's lazy. PERFECT COUPLE! Oh and she lives in his closet even without his family knowing (their memory was erased of the hollow experience.)
 
Chapter 1: WHAT THE HELL?
 
Once again Keigo Asano, after the school bell had rung, was staring up at the score sheets that had been posted in the classroom. Once again, he was staring unbelievably at Ichigo Kurosaki's place on the list. Keigo threw a pair of strangely thick glasses at Ichigo who caught them and looked down at them in disgust. “WEAR THEM!” Keigo yelled.
 
“WHAT THE HELL?” he yelled pointing at Ichigo, “ NERD! YOU GOT TWENTY! TWENTY OUT OF 322 STUDENTS!”
 
Ichigo gave Keigo a flat gaze, “So?”
 
“You can't hang out with us anymore! You're a nerd! Go have lunch with Ishida!” Keigo yelled turning his back and sobbing into Mitsuiro's shoulder.
 
“There, there,” Mitsuiro said smiling.
 
“He's betrayed us!” Keigo yelled, “He's possessed by a devil! A smart devil!”
 
Ichigo stood, watching his friends make fools of themselves as they also saw Chad's name in the top ten. His arms were crossed and he stood leaning against the windowsill with his eyes looking down at his feet.
 
“ICHIGO!” Orihime called happily as she, followed by Tastuki and Rukia, ran over.
 
“…hi.”
 
“Uh…um…Hi?” Orihime looked at her feet, her face turning a bright red.
 
“Hi…”
 
`Beep beep beep!'
 
“What's that?” Tatsuki asked looking around.
 
“Aha ha ha,” Rukia laughed nervously “Ichigo, will you show me to the office? I need to get something!” She grabbed Ichigo by the wrist and stormed out in a blur.
 
“An order? Where?” Ichigo managed to say as they sped down the hall.
 
“A shrine not too far from here…” Rukia replied, looking at the cell phone in her hand “It's called The Higurashi Sun Shrine… have you ever heard of it?”
 
“I think so. It's where a crazy old guy lives. There was a fire there last month.”
 
They pushed through the front doors and ran down to the school gates, running past the Kurosaki Clinic to a more crowed part of Tokyo.
 
“Why is it so far away?” Ichigo asked when they stopped to catch their breath.
 
Rukia looked down at her cell phone, the signal still ringing loudly. “I don't know. Someone should've gotten to it by now, though.” She said through gasps.
 
They finally reached the shrine, the stone walls gray and the buildings above the huge flight of stairs were red. “I have to climb that too?” Ichigo asked furiously shaking his fist.
 
“Yes! Quit whining and scramble!” Rukia yelled as she jumped up the stairs, two steps at a time. Ichigo followed her, obviously not liking the idea of invading someone's home but it was for the good of the people! When both of them had gotten to the top Ichigo looked on in horror while a strange snake-like hollow slowly climbing on the roof of the main house set at the side of the area. Its narrow white mask seemed to be cut in a strange, toothy grin. It slithered near on of the windows like an awaiting predator.
 
The cell phone began to start its wail again. “No!” Rukia cried as she placed the phone before Ichigo's eyes where now three white dots blinked on the small screen. “Three in one place! Something in that house is attracting them!”
 
Ichigo nodded as he popped a Soul Candy into his mouth. The small round pill enabled his soul to leave his body and let Kon take over.
 
“EW! Ichigo do you brush your teeth?” Kon sputtered as if the taste of his temporary mouth was too much to bear.
 
Ichigo ignored Kon's protests and unsheathed his Zanpaku-to, the overly large sword. By then, the hollow had noticed them and burst into the second-floor window of the house. Ichigo tried to make his way to the window but another hollow appeared out of nowhere, knocking him into the ground.
 
“Ichigo! Stand up you retard!” Kon yelled as he ran over to help him.
 
Rukia shouted, “Another is coming from the side! Get out of the way!” Ichigo jumped away from the spot where the third hollow hit the ground. It had tumbled from the trees, its jaws aiming to grab Ichigo and Kon. Ichigo kicked Kon harshly before bursting into the house, finding the snake had cornered a girl and a little kid. The girl screamed as she grabbed the little boy's hand and ran past Ichigo and out the front door.
 
“I have to get Inuyasha!” the girl screamed as she ran from the house. Ichigo followed her and pushed the girl out of the way of the second hollow. He barely had time to stop its jaws from slamming into his body with the Zanpaku-to. The hollow was in a great contrast with the first one. Its white mask was wide and round, along with its body, which was somewhat lumpy. The sword was caught in between its teeth diagonally, and the gums of the hollow began to bleed.
 
Ichigo pushed the blade forward and the steel sunk into the hollow's mask with a loud cracking sound. He sliced the hollow's head in half barely having time to turn around and jump away from the next one. Out of the corner of his eye he saw the girl grab Rukia and pull her and the kid into a shack to the side under the shadow of a colossal tree. The Soul Reaper then severed the mask of the bulky hollow and went after the last that Kon had already been fighting.
 
~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~> ~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~~>~>~>~>~>
 
Kagome had been peacefully watching another episode of Spontaneous Trips with the adorable Don Kanonji with Souta when some huge demon comes crashing down her staircase and almost chomps off Souta's head! Some dude looking as if he had just taken a trip to Sengoku Jidai came through the door tried to fight it. Her head was spinning as she, Souta, and a black-haired girl hid in the well house. They sat uncomfortably on the lip of the well as the sounds of battle raged on outside.
 
“Why are we in here?” the black-haired girl asked as they sat in the darkness.
 
Kagome sighed, “To hide from that demon until I get help!” she now stood on the edge of the well.
 
“From who? No mortal can kill a hollow!” The girl yelled and she tried to pry the doors of the room open. “How do you open these things? I have to help Ichigo!”
 
“You just said no mortal can help him, so I'm going to get help from someone who can!” Kagome snapped back. Then she turned to Souta, “You make sure the girl stays in here while I get Inuyasha!”
 
Rukia says in frustration, “I'm not a mortal! I'm a Shinigami!”
 
“A Shini-what'sit?” Souta asks from his seat on the dirt beside the well opening.
 
“I can't explain! Just let me out!” the girl said. She banged against the door to get out. “How do you open this if it doesn't slide?”
 
Then something horrible struck Kagome as she unlocked the well doors. “Souta stay here! You too!” she yelled at the girl and Souta as she slid open the doors and ran from the shelter of the well house. She had left the Shikon no Kakera sitting on her desk inside her room.
 
“What are you doing?” the girl yelled, “You'll get yourself killed!”
 
“I forgot something! I'll be right back!” Kagome shouted behind her while she dodged the explosion of the demon hitting the ground as orange haired boy fought it with an unusually large sword. She ran through the broken doorway up the stairs and burst into her room. There they were and there they had stayed. The Shikon shards glimmered in the midday light when she grabbed the small bottle and ran back out of her room. But even before she reached the kitchen another of the monsters came bursting from the wooden floors.
 
Kagome jumped back, screaming and heading back up the stairs. She saw no other way other than the broken window residing in her room. Kagome slammed the bedroom door behind her and stopped before the area of glass scattered across the floor. She stared at the space where her window used to be. Instead a huge circular hole led to the outside. Kagome took and deep breath and ran over the glass and leaping from her bedroom.
 
~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~> ~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~~>~>~>~>~>~>~> ;
 
Ichigo finally was able to bring down the last hollow. When the girl from earlier ran from the shelter of the little shack and run into the house. He dashed to follow but another hollowed came diving from the sky, its jaws opened wide to swallow him. Ichigo jumped back, swinging his sword to slash at the creature. `They just keep coming!' he thought as he was feeling the burning muscles in his arms from swinging the Zanpaku-to to defeat the hollows.
 
“Ichigo!” Rukia yelled from the well house, “We can't defeat all the hollows if they keep coming like this! We must retreat! Kon is already knocked out!”
 
Ichigo looked at Kon who twitched and lifted his head, “Aw, you were worried about me Rukia-nechan!”
 
“Shut up and get over here!” Rukia yelled in reply. There was a scream from inside the house and Ichigo's head swung in the direction of the second-floor window where he could see the face of the girl widen in horror.
 
“Shit! Don't tell me there's another one!” he yelled and split the hollow's head in half, blood spilling onto the stone. Before he could react, the girl jumps from the window, the white mask of a hollow behind her. Rukia speed past him and tried to catch her.
 
“I've got you!” Rukia said and held out her arms to catch the girl but instead was pitifully flattened by the heavier body.
 
Ichigo dropped Zanpaku-to in exhaustion. “I can't hold it up anymore! SHIT!” he said watching helplessly as not one but TWO more hollows appearing out of nowhere.
 
“KAGOME!” a voice said as a red blur rushes past Ichigo towards the fallen girls. “Sanko Tessou!” the voice said again as the blur rips through the opposing hollow. He rubs his eyes a couple times, making sure he wasn't hallucinating. A cat-eared freak clad in red robes clashing with the other hollows. Two at a time! Ichigo was never able to fight two at a time! One hollow was hard to kill already!
 
Ichigo couldn't stand down and let this freak do his job. He lifted Zanpaku-to despite the burning pain in his arms and ran to fight. He intercepted the cat-guy and sliced one of the hollows in half. The new competition seemed to give him more strength.
 
“What in the seven hells are you doing?” the guy yelled before severing the head of the last hollow. “Humans like you should stay out of this!”
 
~~ Author's note: Ooh that gotta hurt! This is getting Ichigo mad. What shall happen next? ~~
 
Ichigo stabbed Zanpaku-to into the ground in frustration, “I don't care if you can see me! Who are you to be butting into my battle?”
 
“Because I'm supposed to be protecting Kagome!” The cat-eared man said before picking up the girl called Kagome.
 
Ichigo raised an eyebrow, “Is she your girlfriend or something?”
 
Kagome seemed to spring to life at that moment, “Hold on a minute! I'm no one's girlfriend ya hear?” She jumped from the cat-boy's arms and stomped over to Ichigo, “AND you think you can just come to my house and attract all these demons?”
 
“Hey it wasn't ME who was attracting them!” Ichigo yelled back, “Something in your house was!”
 
“Oi! Don't yell at Kagome! You should be taking care of your own woman!” the other guy growled. Unfortunately Rukia didn't spring to life like Kagome did for she had X's replacing her eyes. (basically, she looked like this: x.x)
 
“WHAT? That old bag is like one hundred and fifty years old! Like I'd be going out with a grandma!” Ichigo yelled, his anger already boiling from the sudden intrusion. This what triggered Rukia to become conscious and sock Ichigo in the face.
 
“I am NOT old!” She barks as she stomps over to Kon and drags his limp body over with the Soul Candy firmly in her hand.
 
The girl named Kagome shakes her head as she grabs Ichigo and helps him up, “Just tell me how to get my house back to normal! My mom's going to kill me!”
 
“Do not worry, we'll insert your brains with memory wipers and none of this will be your fault.” Rukia explains.
 
“Oh wow!” The little kid screams as he runs over to the cat man and tugs on his sleeve, “Inuyasha! That was so awesome! Teach me how to use your sword!” The little boy had gone unnoticed during the whole fight.
 
`So…' Ichigo thought, `This guy's name is Inuyasha…'
 
“WHAT?” Kagome yelled, completely ignoring the little boy and growling, “You are NOT wiping my memory!”
 
“Humans must not find out about what has transpired here.” Rukia said simply, pulling the memory replacement device disguised as a party popper.
 
Kagome replied curtly, “I already know about demons so what's the point if my memory is wiped out?”
 
“They're not demons,” says Ichigo while he sheathed Zanpaku-to. “They're spirits.”
 
“Fought those too.” Kagome answered, a frown fixed on her face.
 
“Not like that one.” Rukia said crossly, “A Shinigami like myself would not be careless to leave your memory as it was.”
 
“Keh,”
 
Ichigo sighed and looked at the guy called Inuyasha squarely, “What is “keh” supposed to mean?” he asked.
 
“It means that humans like you can—"
 
“We're not exactly human.” Rukia says cutting him off.
 
“Well except for flame-head, I would call you human because you definitely have the smell of one.”
 
“Smell?” Ichigo asks.
 
Kagome interrupted Inuyasha before he could say anything rude, “Inuyasha is a half demon. Half dog demon.”
 
“Whoa, how'd that happen?” Ichigo asked. `So those ears are supposed to be a dog's?' he thought.
 
“Shaddup!” Inuyasha growls, his bones popping eerily in his hands. “SANKO TES—“
 
“OSUWARI!” Kagome yelled. Ichigo watched as something purple glowed around Inuyasha's neck and pull him down, his face firmly implanted in the ground. Then the beeping of Rukia's phone went off again.
 
“A hollow!”
 
~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>>~>~ >~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~ >
 
Inuyasha's doggy ears twitch as the shrill sound of the black-haired girl's belt began to beep. Inuyasha watched the short human pull out a small contraption from her waistline and hold it up to her face. He picked up, then a sound coming from the well. He turned and ran straight into the little shed, the others behind him.
 
Kagome's voice yelled, “Souta! Go inside and call mom! Tell her I went through the well again!” She had gone inside for a whole half-hour, preparing everything they needed for the trip. Inuyasha could tell she packed extra ramen for him to snack on.
 
“Ok sis!”
 
Inuyasha stopped in the almost pitch black well room and looked around, his nose was picking up an familiar smell. He jumped from the doorway onto the lip of the well, the smell coming from inside it. He didn't turn his back but he knew that along with Kagome the two others had followed.
 
“Hey, you better get back into your body before that thing you call a hollow comes.” Kagome said to the flame-haired boy. But the boy was one step ahead of her; he already had changed into the body that had the school uniform on.
 
“Kagome!” Inuyasha said harshly, “They can't follow us anyway. Even if they could I bet they couldn't handle the demons!” he laughed. These humans were probably scared!
 
“Inuyasha! Shut up!” Kagome growled, “If they say it's their job to kill these spirits then they probably need o go with us.” She then turned to the boy and girl. “Um, if you are coming you might as well know our names and we should know yours.”
 
“I-Ichigo…Kurosaki.” The boy replied crossing his arms and scowling at Inuyasha's back.
 
“Rukia Kuchiki.” The girl replied smiling as if her attitude completely changed from how it was a few moments ago.
 
“Kagome! Hurry up!” Inuyasha barked as he jumped into the well. Ichigo and Rukia seemed to be hesitant but Kagome grabbed them both and jumped in after. Rukia seemed to be surprised when the purple light enveloped them as they traveled through the portal to the other time. Sengoku Jidai.
 
Chapter End