InuYasha Fan Fiction / Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Clash of the Egos ❯ Jewel Shards and Daydreams ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Again, I must tell you I don't own Bleach or Inuyasha! You have GOT to be slow not to figure this one out!
 
Chapter 3: JewelShards and Daydreams
 
“Bring it, Dog-boy!” Ichigo growled, “I fight like a demon!”
 
“A demon?” Inuyasha asked as he smirked, “Let's see then!” he charged at Ichigo who managed to dodge and watched as Inuyasha breaks down a wall of the house.
 
“Inuyasha!” Kaede yelled, “Settle ye self down! Fighting is not needed.”
 
“Wait!” Ichigo said, “I need to turn into a Soul Reaper!”
 
“You already are one!” Rukia replied.
 
Ichigo ducked another attack from Inuyasha, “Then where the Hell is Kon?”
 
“I don't know! I guess we left him in the forest!”
 
“Shit.” Ichigo muttered while he unsheathed the Zanpaku-to and slashed down to barely scratch the hanyou. Inuyasha unsheathed his own sword and ran at Ichigo ducked and Inuyasha's sword slammed itself into another little house. People began to scream and run around like chickens.
 
“The hanyou is going mad!” one of them screamed.
 
Inuyasha growled, “I'm trying to get that guy!” and he pointed at Ichigo.
 
“What…?” a man said, confused.
 
Ichigo laughed, “They can't see me dumbass!” and he swung the Zanpaku-to to only have it blocked by Inuyasha's sword. He watched when the sword smoked and steamed as it turned into a little regular katana.
 
“What in the seven hells did you do to my sword?” Inuyasha exclaimed.
 
“OSUWARI!”
 
Crack.
 
`>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~> ~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~> ~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>
 
Kon looked around as he trudged through the forest. “Damn those guys for ditching me!” he muttered to himself as he wandered. “Where did they go?” The forest was dark and foggy. Everywhere he turned creepy noises would seem to crawl from every corner. When he looked up, he saw nothing but darkness. The trees would stretch higher than he'd ever seen. Where the hell was he?
 
“You there! What business do you have in our territory?”
 
Kon whirled around and a few feet away there were two men with wolves at their sides. There were two and they wore armor on their waists and shoulders. On their faces were looks of hostility. They appeared human, but had a weird quality he couldn't explain. “Well, what are you up to?!” The one that had called to him growled.
 
“Hey, you're a human!” the second one said.
 
“So? Aren't you?” Kon asked.
 
“Do not make me laugh! We are wolf demons.”
 
Kon eyed them `They have to be lying.' He decided that they were just bluffing to scare him into running away. But if they were really human, why didn't the wolves attack them? He suddenly felt someone else coming. Kon ran a hand through his hair in frustration, these guys didn't know who they were messing with.
 
“Oi! Who have you got there?” Yelled yet another voice. The so-called wolf demons seemed to react to the caller. Everyone turned in the direction of the voice. Kon looked at the man up and down. He looked like he was in his early twenties or something like that. He was never good at guessing ages. The man had long black hair tied back. He had armor on like the first guys, but he had armor on his chest as well.
 
“Koga! We have a strange human here!”
 
>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~ >>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>>~>~>~>~>~&g t;~>~>>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~
 
 
“KON? Where the hell are you?!”
 
So far, Kon wasn't to be seen in the forest where he had been lost.
 
“That moron HAD to get lost in MY body…” Ichigo said to no one in particular.
 
“Whine later! We need to keep looking.” Rukia replied. They had been searching in the wood surrounding the village, but for some reason he wasn't there. “Hmm…Ichigo, do you think he might have wandered off?” Rukia queried.
 
“Maybe. The hyperactive fool wouldn't have just sat around and waited for us.” The pair inspected behind every tree, under every bush, they had even checked out if he had drowned in a nearby river. Ichigo took a glance at Inuyasha who had been silently following them with his hands in his sleeves looking like his ego had been hurt. They didn't know why he was there. He had on a face that suggested he was terribly aware of someone or something that he didn't like.
 
Kagome had successfully brought down Inuyasha before he could do any real damage to the village or Ichigo. They had talked about it, saying they were just going to stay a little while because they had to look for Kon who had idiotically got himself lost somewhere.
 
“Damn it. He's getting closer. What's bringing him here…?” Inuyasha rambled to himself.
 
“Inuyasha!” Kagome ran over to the hanyou, “I sense a jewel shard and it's getting close.”
 
Ichigo couldn't help listening to their conversation when they were standing nearby. He pretended to still be looking for Kon. “Then that confirms it. Koga is coming closer. Oi! You!” Ichigo assumed Inuyasha was talking to him, “You back off! There's a fight comin' and I don't want some whelp like you interrupting it!”
 
“Like hell! Kon is still out here somewhere.” Ichigo argued, about to unsheathe Zanpaku-to. “He's got my body! I can't wander around while my body gets thrashed by some moron!” He sighed thinking, `Great, some more of his friends are coming to pay us a visit… God this day is making me feel like shit.' He looked around and the sun was already setting. He knew his absence wouldn't go unnoticed in his world.
 
“ICHIGO! RUKIA!!!!!!!!!!” Yes, people. It was the unmistakable voice of Kon. His face was contorted with fear as he ran to them, a twister whirring behind him. Inuyasha then pulled out the Tetsusaiga, which he had told Ichigo about.
 
“Koga you bastard! Come and fight me!” Inuyasha yelled swinging the large sword over his head and running at the blue twister.
 
`God what an idiot…' Ichigo thought and frowned.
 
The twister stopped and whirled in place for a few seconds before disappearing, causing leaves to fly in the air. All that was left in its place was a man with long black hair in a ponytail. He stood almost confident with a half-smile plastered on his face. “Well, I didn't expect that human to lead me to you, mutt-face.” The man spoke in a rough voice.
 
“Grr…Koga, I'm gonna kill you bastard once and for all!” Inuyasha yelled back.
 
“Really? Heh, you're all talk and no action mutt-face!” Came the answer from the Koga guy. `Can't argue there…' Ichigo thought. Inuyasha finally resumed his attack, running at Koga. Easily, Koga jumped out of they way before Inuyasha could cut him.
 
“Slow as ever mutt!” Koga, with inhuman agility, turned in mid-air and kicked Inuyasha in the face.
 
“Koga-kun!” Kagome came out of nowhere to stand between the two combatants. Koga landed lightly on the ground, “Kagome. How are you? I hope that stupid mutt hasn't been pestering you.” He strode over to her and grabbed her hands, “When are you going to leave that weak mutt?”
 
This only caused Inuyasha to want to kill Koga more. Ichigo crossed his arms, `This is just dandy…' Meanwhile, Kon and Rukia had moved to stand next to Ichigo. “Ichigo, this is none of our business. We have found Kon, so we can go back to the village.” Rukia said.
 
“I suppose. When we get back, we need to figure out how we can kill that damned hollow and go home.”
 
The threesome started to tread back through the trees to the village, but Koga yelled, “Stop! The reason I came here was to kill you!” He pointed at Kon.
 
Ichigo drew Zanpaku-to, “If you want to kill him, you'll have to kill me!”
 
Koga was caught off guard; “There are two of you?”
 
Ichigo smirked, “In a way.”
 
“Alright then. Whoever you are, prepare to die!” Koga leaped at Ichigo, but Inuyasha intervened.
 
“Hey, what are you doing?” Ichigo demanded.
 
“I'LL be the one to kill Koga! Got it, whelp?” Inuyasha said over his shoulder at Ichigo. Inuyasha swung his sword once again at Koga who once again, dodged it. Koga sprang into the air and came down in front of the hanyou. Koga's fists moved like lightning, striking Inuyasha with multiple punches. Inuyasha was able to stave off only a few hits, and one particularly strong one caught him in the face. Inuyasha stumbled back a few feet before regaining his balance. He rebounded and missed Koga by an inch with his Tetsusaiga. Koga was able to move out of the way of the on-coming sword.
 
“Inuyasha, STOP!” Kagome called, “Koga, you stop too!”
 
“Damn it Kagome! I want to kill this son of a bi…”
 
“OSUWARI!”
 
Crash.
 
“Koga…” Kagome strode up to him “Koga, you better go. This isn't the right time for a battle. I don't want Inuyasha to get in over his head about it.”
 
“Seriously, Kagome. Why do you hang around with such a weakling?” Koga put on a worried face.
 
“Umm…”
 
Koga sighed, “Fine.” He turned to Ichigo and said menacingly, “I will remember your face. We'll settle this later.” In a twister, Koga sped away.
 
“He was sure full of himself.” Ichigo remarked flatly, sheathing Zanpaku-to. Ah, well. He really didn't have time to mess around with Inuyasha's playmates. At least it wasn't another one of his girlfriends. “Come on you guys.” Ichigo said to his companions. He heard Inuyasha and Kagome start to fight.
 
“KAGOME! WHY DID YOU LET HIM GO?!!”
 
“DON'T YELL AT ME! YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN HURT!”
 
“I WOULDN'T HAVE LOST!”
 
“I WAS TRYING TO PREVENT INJURY!!! BAKA!!!!
 
“THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS! LET ME KILL THAT BASTARD!”
 
“OSUWARI! OSUWARI! OSUWARI!”
 
Crash. Crash. Crash.
 
 
~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~> ~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~> ~>~>~>~>~>~>~>
 
 
Sango watched as the wolf demon and hanyou begin to fight. She sighs, “Why does Inuyasha have to be so hopeless?”
 
“I think it is simply his proud demeanor and his attachment to Kagome.” Miroku answered calmly. He crossed his arms, “He is a jealous fellow, I must admit.” Miroku turned towards Lady Kaede's hut, “We should leave. Kaede will need help patching up her dwelling if we want it done before nightfall.”
 
Their feet made a crunching noise as they walked.
 
“What do you think of those two people?” Sango asked out of the blue.
 
“To be truthful…I don't know.” This was Miroku's answer.
 
“Oh. I'm not sure if I can trust them either.”
 
>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~ >~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~ >~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~
 
“You have entangled yourself in yet another quarrel with the wolf demon Koga, Inuyasha.” Kaede spoke to the injured hanyou in her hut.
 
After the fight, everyone trekked back to the village. It seemed like Kagome and her hanyou friend had another argument. She even refused to fix up the large bruise on his face he had managed to obtain. Luckily, Rukia used her “kido” to make the wound virtually disappear.
“Wow. How did you do that?” Kagome poked Inuyasha's face, much to his discomfort. All eyes were on Rukia. Though Ichigo had his flat-eye looked on.
 
“I am highly skilled in kido, the demon arts.” Rukia sat back
 
“How'd a human learn to do that?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“I am a Shinigami, not a human. I already told you.” Rukia was a bit frustrated with the dense hanyou.
 
“Then how come you look and smell like a human?” It seemed Inuyasha was still skeptical about her identity. He sat Indian-style on the floor.
 
“I am simply in a gigai, a temporary body weakened Shinigami like myself inhabit until they regain their strength.” Ichigo could tell that Rukia was growing tired of the questions.
 
“How come?” a little boy asked as he sat on Kagome's lap. They introduced him to be Shippo, a small fox demon child adopted by Kagome. His red hair was in great contrast with his sparkly green eyes. His puffy tail poked out from his hakama (pants). Ichigo winced at the runt's unusual high-pitched voice. He seriously didn't like kids. He scowled at the kid who squeaked and hid behind his adoptive mother.
 
“It is a very, very long story but I'll shorten it. Okay, I am a Shinigami my job is to purify evil spirits, as you know as hollows. The other part of the job is to send the good dead spirits to the Soul Society, known to others as Heaven. I was fighting one particular hollow that was attracted to Ichigo's high-leveled spiritual energy.” She paused as if trying to put this story all into words. “The hollow was about to devour Ichigo's soul when I jumped into the way. I was mortally injured and thus, our only option was to transfer half of my dark force into Ichigo. The trouble was, Ichigo took all of my dark force. As a result, I was rendered powerless. Therefore, I have Ichigo do my Shinigami work until I am a full Shinigami again.”
 
“Where did you live before you were disabled?” Kagome asked while she shifted in her seat holding the little fox child.
 
“In the Soul Society…” Rukia said, “Unfortunately I cannot return until my dark force is restored. Currently, I live in Ichigo's closet in his home.”
 
Miroku interrupted, turning to Ichigo saying, “You have a lady living in your room? You are rather fortunate!”
 
Ichigo twitched, the monk was really, really sad. “Unluckily my family can't find out, so she's stuck there. And I have to put up with her pet too.”
 
“Who?” Inuyasha asked gruffly.
 
“Kon… the perverted stuffed animal from hell.” Ichigo replied staring down at Miroku, “He actually reminds me of the monk.” Once again, Ichigo twitched uncomfortably.
 
Kagome questioned, “Rukia, do you have any family?”
 
“ Yes. In the Soul Society I was adopted by the Kuchiki family. Which is favorable since they are considered almost royalty. However, my relationship with my older brother is somewhat rocky at best. His name is Byakuya, he barely expresses emotion to his family. I have the feeling he doesn't like me.”
 
“Sounds like someone we know,” Sango said observantly, glancing at Inuyasha and then back to Rukia. “Inuyasha also has family problems. His brother Sesshomaru has the tendency to be violent. He is also apathetic. Unable to express feelings.”
 
“This isn't your place to be saying that Sango!” Inuyasha growled, “I'm not the only one!”
 
“OSUWARI!” Kagome yelled, and Inuyasha met his good friend Mr. Floor.
 
“Why are you still here?” Shippo asked poking at Inuyasha's face which was covered in ash from the hearth.
 
“We need to kill that goddamned hollow.” Ichigo replied, finally sitting down from exhaustion, “She jeopardizes the souls of the dead.”
 
 
Inuyasha twitches in his semi-conscious state. “You're…not…killing…Kagome.”
 
“He's stupefied…” Shippo said while yanking at Inuyasha's ears. Ichigo looked at Kagome who was obviously upset from the persona confusion. Now that he thought of it, that Kikyo woman and Kagome looked awfully similar.
 
“You are her reincarnation aren't you?” Rukia asks, ever perceptive. “No wonder….”
 
Kagome nodded slightly, eyes cast down. Ichigo could tell she was thinking about something distant. Her eyes seemed to concentrate on an unknown something.
 
“Ahem. Ichigo, Rukia, I will be happy to permit you to take stay in my home for the time being.” Kaede offered.
 
“Thank you very much Lady Kaede.” Rukia answered, “We are grateful. Right Ichigo?”
 
“…I guess.” Rukia shot him a deadly glare, “I mean, yeah sure.” Ichigo restated his gratitude. `Happy now?' Ichigo thought at Rukia.
 
“Ichigo, how will we explain our absence in your world?” The problem finally had reached Rukia's mind.
 
“I don't know…” Ichigo scowled as if that would solve it. `I can make up an excuse for my family, but what about school? If the word gets out that me and Rukia had left school together and had gone missing for a night, what kind of rumors about us would spread?! Everyone at school already thinks we're together. They'll think we were…' Ichigo couldn't bear to think farther ahead than that.
 
“Hello…Ichigo?”
 
He was so busy contemplating the damage to his reputation that would be done, he hadn't noticed everyone in the room disperse and crawl under blankets. He checked through the window at his side. The sky was pitch black and stars were shining like he had never seen. He guessed it was because there were no city lights to eclipse the sky. `I hadn't realized how late it was…'
 
“Go to sleep Ichigo.” Rukia was fixing up a sleeping place made of blankets and a tatami mat, “We will figure out something tomorrow. You need to rest.”
 
Inuyasha stepped out of the house, and a few moments later a light thump was heard overhead.
 
“Where did Dog-boy go?”
 
“Don't use that name it's rude, Ichigo.” Said Rukia.
 
“Sure, mom.” Ichigo replied sarcastically.
 
“He sleeps on the roof.” The person who answered was Kagome. By her sleeping bag was a candle, she was lying on her stomach seemingly reading a textbook on math. She frowned at the math problem she was attempting to do.
 
“Want me to help you with that?” Ichigo peered over her shoulder. He could've done that equation in his sleep. This girl was his age, it should be the same for her.
 
“Thanks, but could you show me how to solve it?” she asked slamming her head into the book, “I don't know how to! I'm so stupid…”
 
“Hmm…” Ichigo took her pencil and did the problem in seconds, “It's easy if you remember where to carry the numbers.”
 
Kagome stared at the paper as if it held the formula for pixie-dust. “H-h-how did you do it so quick?!”
 
He shrugged and scratched his head; “I study in my spare time…I've got nothing else to do.”
 
“You're so lucky. I never have time to do my work. I'm always stuck here because of Inuyasha.” Kagome replied as she sat up on her tatami and looked down at her textbook. “I wish I could go to school. I always keep school supplies here with Kaede just in case I forget mine.”
 
“Tch, I dunno why you would actually want to study. The only reason I do is because the staff at my school don't seem to like me very much.” Ichigo said. “They think I'm part of a gang or something. Every time I get a high score on the tests they're always surprised.”
 
Kagome nodded as if she really understood him. “I guess it's hard having orange hair and a very scary look.” She said quietly as she stared at one problem.
 
“What do you mean by scary look?” Ichigo asked while he scowled. He fiddled with the silver bracelet around his wrist. He knew exactly what she was about to say.
 
“You never smile.” She said looking at Ichigo directly as she spoke. “You're always scowling and you look at someone as if you're about to punch them or something. Why are guys so alike?” Her last statement seemed to be as if she was thinking aloud.
 
“What do you mean?” he asked still frowning.
 
Kagome sighed, “You and Inuyasha. I think the one reason you don't get along is because you're so alike. Even though you are a bit calmer you're still as thickheaded as he is.”
 
Ichigo crossed his arms in frustration, “So is that a complement or an insult?”
 
“I dunno, it's your choice. Now you're distracting me from doing my work so go to sleep.”
 
“But, um, I want to ask you a question. Why does Dog-boy get so jealous when that Koga guy talks to you when he does the same with that hollow woman?”
 
Kagome seemed to be caught off guard and she looked at Ichigo with teary eyes. “Because he's an ass. He's controlling and a jerk! And two-timing and just so…UGH!” she slammed her textbook close. “Inuyasha sucks when he acts like that!” she said it loud enough to have the whole village hear.
 
Ichigo twitched nervously, `I think I struck a nerve with that one…' he thought.
 
~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~> ~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~> ~>~>~>~>
 
Orihime yawned as she sat up from her bed and crossed her bedroom. She had stayed up all night with Tastuki and Ichigo's family to wait for him and he still hadn't come back from wherever he had gone. He and Rukia had left the day before for some reason. She sighed as she wandered throughout her suite at the local hotel. She was evicted last week…
 
“I wonder where he went…?” she said aloud as she made herself an omelet. Then the thought came. What if he was kidnapped? No, no, no that couldn't be it if he and Rukia had left willingly. Then a daydream seemed to creep in the back of her mind.
 
Ichigo and Rukia stood on a corner, all dressed up in suits like from the thirties. Ichigo was smoking a cigarette and Rukia was drinking some sort of alcoholic beverage. A car pulls up and a man inside rolls down the window and says, “Get in we need ta talk.
 
(A/n: For those who have read Bleach we all know that Orihime is a massive daydreamer and sometimes they are idiotic or make no sense so brace yourself people!)
 
Ichigo and Rukia pile in and sit on the pink fur interior of the limo. “We have the money” Ichigo says, and Rukia pulls out a shiny silver suitcase out of nowhere. The driver takes one look in the rearview mirror.
 
All right then.
 
Then, all of a sudden, a bullet shatters the side window next to Rukia's head. “It's da cops!” she yells, pulling out her own gun.
 
“Watch out you guys!” Orihime screams as she snaps out of the daydream. “Is something burning?” she sniffs and looks down at the pan she was holding. “Oh my gosh! My omelet!”
 
End Chapter!
 
A/n: All the info about the characters in this chapter is true. Rukia actually does have an older brother that acts like Sesshomaru and Ichigo really is smart even though he acts really stupid. Thank ya for reading and please review!