InuYasha Fan Fiction / Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Clash of the Egos ❯ Crazy Lady Who Likes to Blow Up Wells ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or Bleach! So you don't have to waste your time suing me! Everyone loves a slinky!! You're gonna get a slinky!! GO, SLINKY, GO! *Randomness*
 
A/N: I guess some people didn't know who the characters we introduced in the last chapter were. Karin is Ichigo's little sister. She's eleven. So is Ichigo's other little sister Yuzu. But we're not putting her in this fic. Chad is one of Ichigo's friends at school. He's like six foot something. Dude is huge. Um… Uryu Ishida. Wow, he's the number one show off in the Bleach manga. He's descended from a clan of people who kill hollows instead of purifying them like the Soul Reapers. He's a Quincy, yes it's a stupid name but he's AWESOME!!!!!! He is dramatic and talks like he rehearsed lines. He also scores first on all the tests at Ichigo's school. Yay now that I've explained, on with the story!
 
Chapter 6: Crazy Lady Likes to Blow-Up Wells.
 
He slunk in the shadows of the castle, his white hair tied back tightly for freedom of movement. Across his back was a black marble staff and attached to it on each end were eighteen inch long blades. At his side was a sword, a broad sword with a silver hilt. His cold silver, blue specked eyes glowed from the excitement thumping in his chest. He glided against the wall of the castle, aware that all entrances were guarded heavily.
 
This was the second mission in a week and was assigned this one only the day before. Yoru Aruki stopped and looked up, wondering if he would be able to clear the wall in one jump. He backed up a few paces before leaping up, the wind pushing against his face as he soared upward, the man landed on the wall on one foot, almost losing balance from the slight pain in his ankles. The sun was setting and night crept from the eastward skies, clawing at the diminishing daylight.
 
Yoru Aruki looked down, seeing the shadow of his silhouette on the opposite wall. `Damn,' he thought as a bell rang in the background. He jumped from the wall and landed in a crouched position in the shadows of the soldiers' headquarters. Silently creeping into the main part of the area in which the lord was held he slithered down the halls, his feet making no sound.
 
“It's him!” A voice yelled from behind. Yoru whirled behind and drew his sword to block a warrior's own blade. He sidestepped to the left and drove his sword deep into the other man's armor. He grabbed the pike held by another and twisted out of the soldier's hand and slicing his head off in one smooth movement. Blood splattered again the walls as he charged, slicing another in half. He flipped backwards and burst into one room to his left.
 
Yoru's sandals slid on the slick wooden floor of the next room, which was the lord's son's bedroom. He thrust his hand before him at the warriors and whispered a hex under his breath. A fiery red blast emitted from his palm and hit his opponents full on, knocking them back into the room across the hall. Now he had to find the lord.
 
“Please! Don't kill me!” a voice said and Yoru turned, seeing the lord's son cowering in a corner of the room. “I'll give you all the gold you want! Just spare my life!”
 
“Coward.” Yoru replied, sheathing his sword and drawing the staff strapped to his back. The blades on either end gleamed as he twirled it in his fingers. “You deserve to die!” He brought his glaive down upon the young man, slicing him completely in half. Yoru turned and ran back out and down the hall. He turned a corner and slid open the door of the main hall.
 
The being the soldiers saw was a demon unlike any other. The monster that stood in the doorway, blood splattered over his clothes and weapons was one of the most terrifying creatures in their part of the country. A glaive that resembled green lightening striking across a black marble sky he held in one hand and a broad sword in the other. Yoru Aruki was like an authentic piece of Hell itself. A killer, murder, and bounty hunter whose reputation was beyond belief.
 
Yoru smirked coldly as he stepped into the hall. There were about a hundred soldiers in all. Not very good for one of the most hated lords in the country. He laughed as one of the warriors flinched as he approached. This was amusing. “Well… I see you actually got some foolish men to guard you.” He said quietly, his glaive firmly in hand.
 
Yoru stopped and let the men hesitantly charge, swinging their swords and spears. He blocked a couple with a pivot of his glaive and unsheathing his sword at the same time. The glaive was designed to be a two-handed weapon, but he managed it easily with one. He spun around, slicing a man in half and slamming his sword into the chest of another. He continued slaying the soldiers, two by two, three by three. Until he had caught the lord trying to escape did Yoru jump over the crowd of soldiers, landing before him and smirked.
 
“You are too slow.” He said coldly, pressing his blade to the lord's neck, “Just like your son.” In one swift movement, the lord's head fell and rolled across the wooden boards, blood trailing behind. He smirked and grabbed the head by the hair, strolling through the stunned warriors and walking out of the main hall. Down the corridors and back outside.
 
Yoru stood outside the castle gates, the sounds of the soldiers bombarding through the doors of the castle. He whispered a hex the word, `burn', ending it. Then a flame sprung from the bottom of the main gates and soon spreading out to the walls on either side. The bounty hunter watching in pure pride. It didn't take long for the fire to jump from the walls and onto the houses inside. The castle crumbled along with its walls.
 
He watched it all and he enjoyed it.
 
~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~> ~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>
 
The girl commanded, “I don't believe you! Something is going down here that I need to know about. Spit it out STRAWBERRY!”
 
Kagome watched while Ichigo seemed to fight with his little sister. “Go home now!” Ichigo shouted at his little sister. Kagome sighed, it seemed they'd have more guests staying with them for the time being. She looked from one to the other, seeing a similarity in attitude.
 
“I smell burnt cat.” Inuyasha said roughly.
 
A boy standing next to Ichigo's sister said, “If you mean that annoying imbecile then I killed it.” He pushed his glasses up his nose and Kagome sweatdropped. This kid's a nerd.
 
“Keh, you couldn't have killed it. You're just a human!” Inuyasha said, staring the nerd down.
 
“I would be happy to demonstrate.” The boy replied reaching for his wrist.
 
“Ha! I'd like to see it!” Inuyasha growled, pulling out Tetsusaiga.
 
The nerd's bracelet glowed and he grabbed at a charm, and in his hand materialized a silver flaming bow and arrow. Kagome's mouth dropped in disbelief. This guy knew how to handle a bow and arrow! And it looked cool too! With ease, he directed the bow and arrow at Inuyasha and let it soar. Kagome ran out of the way (she was standing next to Inuyasha). Inuyasha dodged the arrow narrowly and it hit a tree behind him, which burst into flames.
 
Kagome watched the kid smirk and looked pleased with himself. “Showoff…” Ichigo muttered under his breath.
 
“You're very bitter.” The boy said, letting the bow and arrow deteriorate into nothing.
 
Inuyasha growled, “What in the seven hells was that?”
 
“What you have witnessed is the power of Quincy.” The boy replied.
 
“Ishida! Shut up already! Nobody wants you to tell your stupid story!” Ichigo yelled.
 
Ichigo's sister sighs before saying, “Back to the subject at hand! I want Ichigo to tell me what he has been doing here.”
 
“It's none of your business.”
 
“Why don't you just tell her that you've been killing ghosts all this time. It's no big deal!” Inuyasha said, being the densest of the group. Kagome slapped her head in frustration, he just had to say it.
 
“What?!” the girl looked like she couldn't believe her ears, “I knew you were hiding something from me!”
 
“Don't tell dad then!”
 
“ Ok fine whatever. But how?”
 
Rukia came out of nowhere to explain, “I gave him the powers of a Shinigami, so he can send dead souls to the Soul Society. He can also purify evil dead souls.” She tried to put the story in a simple way.
 
“Why did you do that?” Karin asked
 
“To save your lives.” Rukia answered.
 
“Okay. Then who are you?” Karin interrogated.
 
Rukia sighed and crossed her arms “I am a disempowered Shinigami. I help Ichigo defeat malevolent spirits.”
 
“Oh.” The girl scratched the back of her head, “And all this time I thought you were his girlfriend.”
 
“Wha…” Ichigo stammered in disbelief. Rukia however seemed unfazed, maybe because she wasn't familiar with the term.
 
“Why did you think that?!” Ichigo demanded.
 
“You guys are always together.” Karin said almost defensively, “What was I supposed to think?”
Everyone was silent for a moment.
 
“Can we go back now?” Karin asked, breaking the silence.
 
“Sure, whatever.” Ichigo muttered grumpily as he turned and headed in the direction of the well, leaving the hut behind. Rukia followed after him, and so did the girl and the really, really tall guy. Reluctantly, the dorky archer-boy followed as well.
 
Then, Orihime finally noticed they were leaving and ran after. She looked back at Kagome and Inuyasha, “Bye! Nice meeting you!” She waved happily, laughing. “And tell Rin I'll be back!” Then she continued to run after her group.
 
“Thank goodness they're gone. That stuck-up human was getting on my nerves.” Inuyasha said, crossing his arms and muttering to himself about how much had hated humans though everyone knew it was untrue. Kagome laughed to herself and walked back to Kaede's hut, though she felt a tingling in the back of her mind as if something was calling her.
 
She stopped as the sounds of beating wings came and went over a silent moment. As if everything slowed down and gravity increased, her step slacked and she looked up. A shadow passed over, large, almost like a plane's size. Startled, Kagome ran into Kaede's hut, grabbing her bow and arrow, and heading back outside.
 
~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~> ~>~>~>~>~>~>~>
 
Kikyo stalked over, through the shadows of the trees of the wood. In her hand was a bow. Slung across her back was a quiver of arrows. She glared at the wooden well that had brought that accursed reincarnation of hers. It connected Kagome and Inuyasha, something she could only despise. She stopped a few paces away from it. Slowly, she reached back and pulled three arrows from the quiver.
 
She placed each in one between her fingers and drew them back and aimed. Hatred poured from her heart, crawling into the arrow's points. She let them go, watching as each arrow flew and struck the well, explosions erupting from the impact. Splinters of wood flew in every direction, but Kikyo stood, unscathed. She felt as if she had just impaled Kagome herself.
 
A smile fluttered across her pale face as Kikyo turned. The smile fell from her face while she jumped out of the way of a large blade. She gasped, seeing the child Shinigami glaring at her. A ways off, a crowd of strange people which included the short, black-haired girl from before. The girl's eyes widened as she glanced into the direction of the well.
 
“Sh-sh-she destroyed the well!” the girl exclaimed.
 
A girl with brown hair and in some of the unusual clothes ran up out of breath. “Omigosh! That lady killed the well! How are we supposed to get back home?” Obviously none of them could answer.
 
Kikyo glared down at the Shinigami who hesitated again. She pulled out another arrow and aimed it at the boy's face. “You are a nuisance.” She growled and let it go.
 
“ICHIGO!”
 
The Shinigami had moved just in time for the arrow to miss his head but it pinned his sleeve to the ground.
 
“Excuse me,” one of the young men spoke. He had large square spectacles on his face. “Did you destroy the well?”
 
Kikyo asked coldly her words seething with hatred, “And what if I did?”
 
“Then you'll have to die.” In his hands a bow and arrow appeared and he drew it back. Kikyo did the same, four this time. Electricity sparked around the arrows' heads.
 
“Cheater.” The boy said, smirking at her but Kikyo returned with a growl. Her eyebrows furrowed, Kikyo let the arrows fly, at the same time the boy did the same with the flaming silver arrow. The arrows collided, erupting in smoke and the earth rumbled. When the smoke cleared, Kikyo was unhurt, but coughed lightly. She drew a sleeve to her nose and smirked under the cloth, certain that the insolent cur was dead.
 
But he stood just the same as she; no wounds had come to him. Though she was too fast. Kikyo pulled out another arrow and fired. It hit its target but at a crooked angle in the shoulder. Kikyo smirked as she jumped back. The Shinigami had gotten himself free and says; “You bitch!”
 
The soul carriers had finally come to her aid and Kikyo let them take her to the sky. “I'll kill you if it's the last thing I do!” the arrowsman yelled, clutching his shoulder in pain. She had managed to earn herself another enemy.
 
~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>>~>~>~ >~>~>~>~>~>~>
 
Uryu fell to his knees, bleeding profusely. The arrow narrowly missed his heart. “Ow.” He said quietly but still sarcastically.
 
“Great, how am I going to get home?” Karin complained, sticking her hands in her pockets.
 
Ichigo sighed and looked at his ripped sleeve and then to the burnt and demolished well then to the injured Ishida. “How does Inuyasha like that crazy bitch?” he said to himself, walking back over to the others and ran a hand through his hair. “Just great.”
 
Rukia said, “She might have not always been that way.”
 
“So? She is that way now! She just took my one ticket home and barbecued it!” Karin snapped back.
 
“Maybe he just can't get over her.” Rukia replied.
 
“That's beside the point! What are we going to do now?” He yelled and Rukia forced Ichigo's body to cough up Kon's soul candy. She was silent and so was everyone else. `That can't be good.' Ichigo thought.
 
“We should go back to the village.” Chad said quietly while helping Uryu to his feet. The sounds of footfalls behind them made Ichigo look up.
 
“Hey! What's wrong you guys?” Kagome said, looking around at them.
 
Ichigo growled and pointed accusingly at Inuyasha, “His stupid gal-pal just terminated the well!”
 
“She did WHAT?!” Kagome yelled and ran over to the well. She seemed to be silent for a moment as she looked down at the pile of rubble. She fell to her knees in disbelief.
 
“NO!” Kagome yelled as she banged her hands against the wood. “That's the last straw!” In the background, Inuyasha squeaked in fright and all eyes turned to him and they were angry. Ichigo balled up his fists in trembling rage.
 
“Now thanks to her I'm stuck in this freak show of the past!” He yelled.
 
Inuyasha retorted, “It's not like I'm defending her!”
 
“But you always DO!” Kagome yelled getting to her feet she closed her eyes as if trying to calm herself. “OSUWARI!” She got teary eyed and sniffed, “What are we supposed to do now?! I've got a test coming up and if I don't get home to study I'll fail!”
 
“Can you look at the big picture here?” Ichigo said, “We're stuck here in the past and we have no way to get home! We might be here for life!”
 
“STOP IT!” Rukia yelled, making Ichigo go silent. “Because of your distress we've started to argue among ourselves. We must keep our heads level while trying to figure out a plan to get back home. Now let's all go to the village and console ourselves. A few more days here won't hurt.”
 
“Where are we going to stay?” Orihime asked, who seemed to be oblivious by this sudden turn of events. “There are six of us. Which one of those little houses can fit ALL of us?”
 
“Great!” Karin exclaimed.
 
“We should go before point-dexter bleeds to death.” Ichigo said as he returned to his body.
 
“Can you walk?” Kagome had a worried look in her eyes.
 
“I'm alright.” Uryu stumbled to his feet. He winced as he pulled out the arrow lodged in his shoulder. The blood flowed down his arms and over his fingers, the blood dripping from them. It was kind of making Ichigo queasy just watching it drop and trail across the ground like that. “Let's go.” he said. They all walked in the direction of the village.
 
`How can that Kikyo woman do something like that to someone she didn't even know. I thought she was supposed to be the former Kagome.' Ichigo thought as they walked back the way they had come.
 
Inuyasha crossed his arms and looked away from the rest of the party. He seemed to be guilty, but didn't admit it to the others, since he seemed to be able to hold all of his emotions in one frown. Ichigo scowled at nothing in particular, the recent events were really pissing him off. He wondered if they would really find their way back to the modern times. He seriously doubted it but he pushed his worries to the back of his mind. There was a problem at hand that he needed to fix.
 
“Can't we just repair the well?” He asked, still looking down at the ground.
 
Kagome sighed, “I dunno, but we should try it. Maybe it'll work.” She walked in front of the group leading the way back to the village though she still seemed upset about the whole Kikyo thing.
 
“I doubt it'll work. We don't know what gave it its magical properties. The old wood that made it might have had a spell placed on it. I don't think we can fix that.” Rukia said.
 
Karin uttered, “Can we at least attempt to look at the bright side? All this negativity is giving me a headache.”
 
“That's funny,” Ichigo replied, “coming from a stoic little girl.”
 
“Shut up, Strawberry.” Was the retort. “Hey, what's your name?” she asked, looking at Inuyasha. Ichigo looked between the two, sensing trouble.
 
“Inuyasha, brat.” Inuyasha replied growling at her.
 
“More like Nekoyasha.” Karin said smugly. “I mean, those things ya call ears look a lot like a cat's.”
 
Inuyasha scowled at her, “You…” but Karin's attention was turned to Kagome.
 
“What's your name?”
 
“Kagome Higurashi! What's yours?” Kagome asked.
 
“I'm Karin Kurosaki. I'm Strawberry's little sister and I came here to bring his butt home to clean the dishes, but…hoo-rah. Crazy Lady likes to blow up wells.” Ichigo saw Inuyasha flinched upon hearing Kikyo's new nickname; he tried to hide grinning at the hanyou. Ahead, Uryu seemed to collapse again and Ichigo wasn't surprised. The nerd was showing off again by attempting demonstrating his amazing nerdy strength.
 
“Do you need me to carry you?” Chad asked. It was only the second time since they had met up that he had spoken.
 
Uryu sniffed, “I don't need you to carry me like an infant, you infidel.”
 
“You know how to talk to people.” Ichigo said sarcastically. “No wonder you have no friends.”
 
“Would you shut up?” Rukia snarled, thunking Ichigo in the head. “You're not on the Perfect list either. You let that hollow get the better of you.”
 
“She NOT a hollow!” Inuyasha interrupted.
 
“Yes she IS!”
 
“NO!”
 
“YES! You cannot deny simply because you have feelings for her. I wonder why. Why are you so attached to such a vile creature?” Rukia questioned.
 
Inuyasha jumped into a tree, cracking his knuckles angrily before speeding off. Kagome sighed and looked down.
 
“Is something wrong, Kagome?” Rukia asked, catching up with the girl and resting her arm over Kagome's shoulders in a friendly way. “You seem to be upset.”
 
“You have no idea.” Kagome says, “It's almost like my own personal soap opera. One minute he's attached to me, the next he's running off making out with Kikyo the next!”
 
Ichigo flinched in anger, “EW! Kissing that thing? That's gotta be bad for your health!”
 
“Shush yourself Ichigo.” Rukia said, throwing a threatening look at Ichigo. “Go on, Kagome.”
 
“What you do if you were me?” Kagome asked.
 
“Personally I'd get rid of `im.” Karin said. “I wouldn't care if she was his former girlfriend, she just tried to kill someone.”
 
“I wish Kikyo didn't exist sometimes but then I feel bad for thinking that way.”
 
Karin sighed, “You shouldn't think that. The woman's an evil psycho.”
 
“In her former life, Kikyo was a good person. She helped the wounded and protected this village.” Kagome said sniffling.
 
“It matters not what they did in the past. It matters only what they do in the present. Right at this moment.” Rukia stated wisely, “Kikyo is trying to rid herself of her anger. She is tainted with hatred, probably why she cannot let go of this world.” They finally reached the village and once again they were dubbed the freak show of the place. They attracted double the amount of stares because of the injured Uryu.
 
“Stop staring already! There's nothing to see!” Ichigo yelled at them. His anger was rising to the point that any little thing would make him explode. The villagers muttered in disapproval and turned back to their work or play and Ichigo felt better.
 
They trudged up to Lady Kaede's home, to see a familiar half demon sitting upon the roof, his arms crossed and a glare fixing right on Ichigo. “That ass—” he started but was interrupted by Kaede hurrying out of the hut, looking at the whole group in worry.
 
“Oh no what happened here?” she said.
 
“A disaster called Kikyo struck and hit us full on, destroying the well and trapping us here.” Karin said.
 
“Hi again.” Orihime said happily, coming up and following Kaede obediently into the hut like a lost puppy. Later, they were all piled into the little room, Inuyasha still sitting on the roof and Ichigo sitting right beside the door, the wind hitting his back. `I just HAVE to get the cold seat.' He thought sulkily. But then he glanced at Miroku who was sitting inches away from the fire in the center of the room and he felt better about his cold seat.
 
“I guess there's not enough room to go around.” Rukia said as she healed Uryu's wound with her Kido.
 
“Hmm… Inuyasha is already occupying the roof.” Kaede said as she stirred the small cauldron of stew. “Perhaps the men would like to sleep in the shed behind this house.”
 
“Sure!” Rukia answered.
 
“Why can't the girls go in the back? There are less of them!” Ichigo protested.
 
“No there aren't you moron! There are more of us! This way, less people will suffer.” Karin said, “I thought Shinigami are supposed to be manly anyways!”
 
“That's not true, there's just as many women Shinigami as there are men. Maybe a bit more… so call him womanly!” Rukia said matter-of-factly.
 
Ichigo twitched at the statement feeling offended he could hear the snickering coming from Uryu and frowned, “If you weren't injured I'd slice you in half right now….”
 
Uryu smirked, “Heh.”
 
“Oh great now we have another Inuyasha.” Sango said.
 
Uryu winced and snapped, “Do not compare me to that barbarian.”
 
Kagome smiled, “He's just as proud too.”
 
“I said do not associate me with that primate.” Uryu growled.
 
“You know, I can hear everything you guys are saying about me!” Inuyasha called from the roof.
 
“Hey there, Nekoyasha!” Karin exclaimed. She laughed under her breath.
 
“I told you not to call me that you brat!”
 
“Sure Neko-chan!”
 
~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~< ~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>
 
Yoru Aruki walked up a dirt path, the wind blowing at his heels and disturbing his clothes and making them blow about in the air. The moon hung above, it's white face looking down upon the bounty hunter and its glare lighting the dark forest. He paced himself slowly as a castle appeared on the hill ahead and smirked to himself.
 
Messengers had come to him after he had come from his previous customer. Now he was on his way to have a meeting with a wealthy human lord who desired his presence greatly. Though Yoru didn't adore helping a human, the Lord said that his next mission would be very exciting, something he hoped to be true.
 
He never was really interested in the Yen most bounty hunters worked for, it was the excitement of having a purpose even for one day. He enjoyed the energy he would burn on killing the worthless wretches who stood in his way of getting to his prize, which was usually a rival of his client. Yoru Aruki was what you could call a wanderer who works hard to survive. His life was never easy and it never will be. Too many enemies from his past and present were out to get him, but his clients were always so overjoyed with his progress that they would never speak of ever hiring him or even seeing him. They kept his whereabouts in secret.
 
Yoru stopped at the gates where two human guards stood shivering from fright at the demon that loomed over them. “Th-the Lord is happily waiting for you, Aruki-sama.” One of them said, his voice cracking a bit. The one who spoke opened the gate reluctantly, beckoning the hunter to follow; though Yoru noticed the soldier shaking under his armor and smirked.
 
The walked through the main doors and into what he presumed to be a private room for meetings. In the very back, the human lord sat with maybe fifty or so soldiers sitting and standing before and behind him. Yoru sat only ten paces from the lord with his silver eyes watching every single one of the humans' moves, completely aware of their weapons.
 
“Ah, Yoru Aruki-sama. I see you have arrived on time.” The lord said, smiling brightly.
 
Yoru nodded, “I never arrive late nor early. It is always on the minute, hour and second of meeting.” He reached for his sword, only to get a reaction from the warriors but slowly put it down on the wooden boards beside him. “I am not here to harm you or your lord so there is not need for alarm. This is business, only.”
 
“I see that your are a very intelligent man, Aruki-sama. One reason why I have only chose to hire you instead of some of the other unskilled novices.” The lord replied. “Now, down to business. I need you to rid the Inuyasha Forest of a one village in particular. It seems that troublesome commoners lurk in that hamlet. I also need the land for expanding my kingdom, which is where you come in. I need that area cleared as soon as possible that is why I have requested your services.”
 
Yoru nodded, completely understanding that this discrete lord was overcome with greed. In the past he had done missions for some of the most vile and horrible of men. This human was no different from the others. “But what defenses does this village have? I have heard rumors telling of the half-breed son of the dog general resides there. I have met the general in person before and he was much more powerful than the average demon. His son may just be his image.”
 
The lord grunted in agreement, “Yes those rumors have gone around, but it is also said that the hanyou's insufferably brash and unskilled, along with his compassion for a young priestess. He could prove to be quite entertaining. But that is off the subject, he is rarely there. Now for your weight in Yen, will you take the mission?”
 
“You money means noting but it will be interesting on how this turns out. I accept.”
 
End Chapter
 
A/N: This was our longest chapter yet which has made me very happy. I would like you guys out there to tell me of what you think of this new character of ours along with Yugata Utsuro. Please! Tell us what you think about this!