InuYasha Fan Fiction / Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Clash of the Egos ❯ Falling School Girls and a Broken Heart ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or Bleach, but I DO own the story line and my original characters! SO DON'T STEAL THEM!! OR I'LL SUE!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!
 
 
Chapter 7:Falling School Girls and A Broken Heart
 
 
 
Yugata Utsuro jumped off the large feather; gravity pulled him downward, and the wind tugged at his clothes as if trying to claw him back into the sky. He landed softly on a tree without making much noise and stood upright. The moon glowered malevolently as if it was nervous or disturbed. Yugata Utsuro was finally rid of his sister's mocking presence. She was incapable of discontinuing her foolish demeanor and he found her to be quite a pain.
 
The wind hissed through the trees and caused the branch Yugata Utsuro was balancing on to sway. He jumped, landing in the grass with much ease. He looked through the trees, seeing the village a ways off, sleepy and unaware of his presence, the commoners had no idea what tragedy was about to befall on them.
 
“Now, where is the hanyou staying?” he asked aloud. For a few moments, there was silence and then, the trees' spirits spoke to him, quiet whispers echoed in his mind, In the priestess' home at the edge of our forest. Destroy the villagers who kill our kind.
 
“Thank you for the valuable information, spirits.” Yugata Utsuro said, “I will make sure your wishes are granted.” When he had begun experimenting with his abilities, Yugata found out that he could speak to spirits of all kinds. The trees usually kept him company in Naraku's castle; they always had such stories to tell about the world that mistreated them in so many ways.
 
He summoned a hollow, his mind stretching out far as it could. His eyes were closed tightly in concentration, sweat dripping down his face slightly from the intense focus. Yugata grabbed the hollow's mind, twisting it under his control. Come he called, come to me…. The hollow obeyed like a loyal dog, the boy could feel its being flying towards him and he immediately knew this was a great one. He opened his yellow-orange eyes to see a dragon-like form gliding across the sky towards him, its claw-shaped wings beating slowly as it dived to him.
 
What is your name? Yugata asked it, smiling at the creature with pure pride. He had really summoned a real hollow.
 
Kaidaku it replied, setting itself on the ground soundlessly.
 
Good, you know your name. Now, you will help me with something I have to do Kaidaku, take me to the village over the hill and kill the hanyou called Inuyasha. Yugata Utsuro said, climbing onto the hollow's back, setting himself on the dragon-like creature's neck and wrapping his hands around the horns on its mask.
 
Yes, Yugata-sama. Kaidaku answered. The hollow took to the sky silently, and Yugata looked down at the village, it was small and somewhat homely. Deep inside Yugata he wished for a home like this, some place not cold and heavy with darkness like Naraku's castle. He slapped his head, knocking the thoughts from his head and focusing on his mission, the task at hand was something that had to stay on his mind or else he'd be killed.
 
His eyes scanned the forest borders, searching for the priestess' dwelling. The moon illuminated the night, allowing Yugata Utsuro to see the house that resided near the wood.
 
`There,' Yugata Utsuro spoke again into the mind of Kaidaku, `We will attack that place.' The demon child placed an image of the hut near the forest, and Kaidaku silently understood.
 
The hollow swooped down upon the house like a bird of prey, it's jaws open wide to crush the small building with sharp fangs. But before they had gotten close, a voice yelled loudly behind them, “SANKO TESSOU!”
 
Yellow blades flew in Yugata Utsuro's way and he commanded Kaidaku to dive. One of the blades whizzed by his ear, cutting a few of his grey locks. Another hit Kaidaku squarely in the face. Loosing altitude, Yugata Utsuro summoned his powers and spoke to Kaidaku, Fly back up!
 
The ground had gotten so close that when Kaidaku had finally pulled up, his belly scrapped against the dirt. He looked down, seeing a man clad in red, and his silver hair flowing in the harsh wind with a demon sword resting on his shoulder. Yugata presumed him to be Inuyasha, the hanyou he was ordered to kill.
 
He summoned more of his powers, stretching out farther than before in his state of panic and caught several hollows' minds. He twisted them, and bending them under his will. Come my friends. I am in need of your aid.
 
>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~ >~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~ >~>~>~>~>~>~>-
 
`BEEP BEEP BEEP'
 
Rukia opened her eyes and sleepily reached for her kikanshinki celestial text messenger {her cell phone} and looked at the little glowing screen. Her eyes widened as she threw off her blanket and ran to the door. Looking outside, she saw a snake-like silhouette skitter through the air. She sensed a hollow. She looked down at the screen again, seeing more white dots appearing all around the village.
 
`Beep beep beep.'
 
“Rukia cut that thing off…” Karin yawned from her corner of the hut.
 
Rukia ignored Karin as she ran outside and around the hut until she came to the shed where the men were sleeping. She banged on the door roughly in panic. “ICHIGO WAKE UP THERE ARE HOLLOWS OUT HERE!” She shouted through the door.
 
“Wha…?” Ichigo's voice said quietly before sliding open the door and peering down at Rukia. “What did you say?”
 
“I SAID THERE ARE HOLLOWS OUT HERE!” Rukia's screaming voice had waked the other men. Uryu immediately jumped to his feet and hurried past Rukia, outside. Ichigo stumbled to his feet and took the soul candy from his pants pocket. He gulped it down and abandoned his physical body.
 
“C'mon!” Ichigo and Rukia quickly ran into the open to Inuyasha attempting to fight a hollow, his Tetsusaiga drawn, and his face contorted in concentration. Ichigo then noticed that Inuyasha could only see blurs for his aim wasn't exactly the best. The sword would swing, but miss the hollow completely. He knew this was bad if the Mighty Inuyasha could barely see the enemy.
 
>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~ >~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~ >~>~>~>~>~>~>~
 
The hanyou, Inuyasha swung and slashed at Kaidaku with a demonic blade, but missed pathetically each time. The hollow easily evaded the blade as it slithered out of reach, twisting and turning as it dived towards the half-demon. Yugata Utsuro concentrated on the next fleet of hollows, running or flying to his location. Kaidaku! Go up! There are more allies to join us! We can't fight him alone! He said to the spirit, commanding him to fly high.
 
They spiraled upward, his heart thumping in his chest from the excitement. Yugata Utsuro looked down upon the small village as they circled overhead. Such a shame he had to destroy it, but if he didn't his life would be taken. His yellow eyes widened in surprise as a cloud of spirits had drew near in response to his call. They floated about him as if feeding off his aura. He looked down, seeing figures stop next to the hanyou. Yugata sensed the spiritual energy of one of them.
 
A silver object came towards them and once he could see what it really was, he commanded the hollows to swerve out of the way, but one reacted too slow and was hit directly and burst into silver flames. Yugata Utsuro ground his teeth in anger, how dare the human who had tried to kill him. Attack! He ordered the hollows and they dove. “I must succeed!” he yelled as an orange ball of light materialized in his hand and threw the spirit bomb, causing several of the little houses to explode.
 
~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~> ~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>
 
Kagome jumped up from her tatami, explosions shaking the room. “Everyone! Get UP! How can you guys sleep through this?!” she yelled, pulling Kaede to her feet along with Karin and Orihime. She saw that Sango was already dressed in her demon slayer armor.
 
“We need get out of here!” Sango yelled leading the way out of the doorway. The sight beholding them was of destruction. Houses burned and the blood curdling screams of dying people made Kagome's ears pop furiously.
 
Karin closed her eyes shut, her fingers plugging her ears, “It's a DREAM!”
 
“Karin! Orihime get out of here!” Ichigo's voice yelled.
 
“NO!” Rukia said, “Orihime! You stay here! Karin, go into the forest and stay there until this is over and I'll get you after! Chad go with her! Stay out of SIGHT!”
 
Karin nodded and ran into the wood without a backwards glance and Chad behind her. Kagome had gotten her quiver and arrows in her hands. “We can't get them if they're in the air!” she yelled, panicking. “I can't shoot that far!”
 
“I can.” Uryu replied, aiming and letting another arrow pierce the night sky even though it narrowly missed the hollows.
 
Orihime screamed over the noise, “Can't you shoot more than one at a time?”
 
“No, you nitwit. These are spirit arrows.”
 
Ichigo sighed, “Can you be more condescending during a time of desperation?”
 
“Quit distracting me.” Was the only reply. Kagome looked up, watching the hollows circle over head angrily. What had set them upon the village like this? Then she noticed most of them were going after Inuyasha who was desperately trying to fight the hollows.
 
“We need to find someone to can lure them within our reach!” Rukia said. Everyone looked at Inuyasha who flinched.
 
“What?!”
 
“I have an idea!”
 
~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~> ~>~>~>~>~>~~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~> ;
 
Yugata Utsuro hovered over the village, rather pleased with the effect it was having on the humans below who franticly tried to hold off him and his fleet of spirits. There was a boy with a silver arrow who didn't seem to be much trouble along with the Shinigami and human priestess. He wondered if they were attempt to devise a plan for they had stopped attacking. Without being commanded some of the hollows took this chance to charge the hanyou target who now stood on one of the roofs waving his arms around. NO YOU FOOLS! He yelled, trying to call back the spirits. In one swift movement the Shinigami sliced the head off of a hollow and the arrowsman fired an arrow and it struck another, the hollow exploding. Now you all see their mistakes! Do NOT attack recklessly! He yelled, I will choose the right time for you. The others seemed to be hesitant about attacking again. He scanned the sky counting how many hollows remained, six in all.
 
His powers held the hollows in their places and instead, they circled menacingly. We attack together! He said, The three of them cannot hold all of us! We have to work together on this! They orbited to the point where they were right above the hanyou. Now! Yugata had another orange bomb in his hands as they swooped down on the humans. Obviously they were taken off guard as the fleet tore even more houses from the ground.
 
They swerved, the Shinigami going for Kaidaku in particular, perhaps because of the large wound in his mask. But the soul reaper's blade missed and fangs scraped against his skin. Go for the hanyou! Yugata Utsuro yelled, turning Kaidaku around and speeding faster towards the half-demon. But Kaidaku swerved away to dodge the hanyou's sword. In the cloud of hallows the humans seemed to be confused and he could see the fear in the hanyou's eyes as on of Yugata Utsuro's warriors had bit him deeply in the shoulder, dragging him off of the house and through the trees of the wood.
 
Yugata Utsuro threw the bomb, and it narrowly missed the Shinigami, throwing up dirt and grass from the ground. The screams of Kaidaku finally roared in Yugata's ears and realized the hollow was bleeding profusely.
 
“SANKO TESSOU!” a voice yelled and a sudden pain shot through his back, and crawled up to his head, making the boy dizzy. Yugata Utsuro screamed in pain, as his powers seemed to shake abruptly, his hands loosing the grip on Kaidaku's mask.
 
“I-I can't fail!” he said to himself, commanding the hollow to turn and dive again, this time, instead of getting the hanyou, who had slayed another one of his soldiers and returned to the battle field, he had picked up a human girl.
 
“Let me go you monster!” she screamed at Kaidaku, while pounding her fists into his mask. Yugata Utsuro noticing that her quiver full of arrows was caught on the hollow's fangs.
 
“KAGOME!” The hanyou yelled, unsheathing the demonic sword he had fought with earlier. The humans stopped fighting with his warriors and turned to look up at him.
 
Come! Yugata Utsuro commanded his friends and they all rose to the sky, once again taking their chance to recuperate and come to their senses. He looked down at the girl, who screamed at the sight of the height that they glided and smirked. She was that priestess girl Naraku had informed him about, the one with the jewel shards. Stay… he told Kaidaku who hovered while Yugata reach over the mask which still bled freely, the only reason why the hollow was still alive was because of the energy Naraku's incarnation had given him.
 
The girl looked up at Yugata Utsuro, screaming even more at the sight of the strange child. He reached down, grabbing the string that he supposed was attached to the little bottle of kakera hanging around her neck.
 
“Don't you DARE!” she screamed, still wriggling, but was too slow. Yugata snatched up the jar and smirked. Maybe Naraku would be better pleased if he had given him these. He looked down at the girl who glared at him. “You little brat!” Unbelievably, she slid out from the quiver and swung over, landing behind Yugata.
 
“Give those to me!” she yelled trying to grab the shards out of his hands.
 
Dive Kaidaku! Dive! Yugata Utsuro yelled frantically but the message wasn't sent to the hollow. Instead, its wings stopped beating as gravity clawed at the two and Yugata lost his balance, falling off and pulling the girl with him. He was so distracted, that his energy left Kaidaku's body and the hollow died. The other hollows snapped out of the spell and fled the scene, too frightened to fight.
 
“KAGOME!”
 
~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~> ~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>
 
Karin hid in a hole in a large tree, her hands over her head in horror. There were stills sounds of battle and destruction echoing in the night air. Once, a spirit sent her a memory of his mother getting murdered, she thought she could barely handle that alone, but being in the middle of a real battle was too much for an eleven year old. Chad sat close by, out on the look out.
 
“You scared?” she asked him.
 
“Not really.” Chad replied.
 
“Why?”
 
“I dunno. I just don't feel like it's the right time to begin panicking.” Was the answer. “Are you scared?”
 
“Of course not.” She said, though still shaking. Then she heard a scream shake the air. It was the voice of that one girl, she stepped out of the tree and looked around, seeing nothing. “Did you hear that?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
Karin's eyes wandered upward, seeing a green and white dot along with a much smaller grey dot hurdling towards them from the sky. “GYAH! LOOK UP! LOOK UP!” she yelled
 
Chad looked up and stood, “Hey it's…”
 
“Catch her you dumbass!” Karin snapped. Kagome came into clear view and Karin could see the fear in her face as she fought with a little boy for something in his hands.
 
“GIVE IT TO ME YOU BRAT!”
 
“NEVER! I MUST RETURN IT TO ITS RIGHTFUL OWNER!”
 
“JUST WHO IS THAT?!”
 
“MASTER NARAKU!”
 
“WHAT?!”
 
Chad walked forward and then to the right a few steps and stretches out his arms, catching both Kagome and the freaky kid who Karin noticed was bleeding a hell of a lot from a cut on his back. They were both panting, Kagome holding a small bottle in her hands.
 
“HA HA! I Got it!” she said triumphantly as she jumped out of Chad's arms and glaring at the kid. “You work for Naraku!”
 
“Give those back!” the kid yelled, his feet, bouncing of Chad's shoulder and he soared, landing several feet away.
 
“Give me a good reason why!” Kagome yelled.
 
“I'll kill you!”
 
“HA! I'd like to see you try! I doubt you can control anymore of those monsters!” Kagome laughed. Karin slapped her head in anger, sometimes Kagome could act like Nekoyasha.
 
Before the kid could react Chad grabbed him by the back of his collar and held him in mid-air. Karin looked back towards the village and saw Ichigo, Nekoyasha and the others hurrying in her way. The little boy growled at Kagome and held out a hand, a little orange ball appearing in his hand. It zoomed at Kagome who ducked and screamed, the ball barely missing her head and hitting the ground and exploding.
 
“You don't know how much I can control.” The kid said lowly. “I have all of the spirits of this forest on my side.”
 
“KAGOME!” Nekoyasha yelled, bounding over and stopping next to Kagome. “What in the seven hells happened?” Karin noticed that Nekoyasha was bleeding from the shoulder as if something really big had bitten him.
 
“That kid almost killed me!” Kagome pointed an accusing finger at the gray-haired little boy, “He's dangerous!”
 
“He is wounded and probably shaken from the fall.” Rukia said, “He is probably feeling weak.”
 
Kagome blurted, “But he works for NARAKU!”
 
“Let's kill him!” Nekoyasha growled.
 
Karin shook her head and sighed, “Who the hell is this Naraku?” She kept hearing his name and she wanted to know why he was so hated in this group of people.
 
“The bastard who killed Kikyo that's who!” Nekoyasha replied, glaring at the kid.
 
 
“Good for him.” Ichigo said sarcastically, “Woman is a wackjob.”
 
“But she was a good person before she died. “ Sango said,
 
“Then I guess he's a bad guy.” Karin remarked
 
“Yeah.” Kagome stated as she looked down upon the kid.
 
“Fine kill me! He was going to kill me anyway if I hadn't killed the dirty hanyou and got those jewel shards!” The kid yelled glaring at them with pure hatred in his freaky yellow-orange eyes.
 
“Oh….” Kagome said quietly. Karin bet the older girl felt bad by now.
 
Nekoyasha huffed, “We can't feel sorry for him now! He just tried to destroy the whole village!”
 
“He's got a point there.” Ichigo said.
 
“Fine then!” the kid growled and he smirked. “You fools! You should have killed me once I had reached the ground!” The ground shook and Karin flinched as a tree bent over and slammed Chad in the head. His grip on the boy loosened and he dropped the kid.
 
“Get him!” Nekoyasha yelled.
 
“You can't do anything now so why try to run?” Rukia says with her arms crossed. Her expression was blank and everyone had to stop to hear what she was saying. “I can tell you've lost a lot of blood. Your clothes are stained with blood and your lips are turning white. You look like you can't summon the fleet you had earlier.”
 
The boy's eyes narrowed and his fists clenched in anger. “You cannot take on all of us. Naraku would kill you even if you did run.” Rukia continued but the kid seemed like he wasn't listening to her last statement. His brow was furrowed in concentration as Karin presumed he was trying to call another one of those monsters.
 
“He's trying to call forth another hollow!” Rukia said hastily, “Ichigo knock him out!” Ichigo ran over and slammed Zanpaku-to's hilt on the kid's head, knocking him unconscious.
 
“Ichigo you dumbass!” Karin yelled, “You might've killed him!”
 
“You're saying that as if it's a bad thing.” Uryu said quietly.
 
“I dunno. I feel bad for him. What would do in his position? I mean you remember how Naraku controls Kagura.” Kagome said thoughtfully.
 
Miroku sighed, “But if self preservation is to kill others then what is the point?”
 
“He's a kid. He probably doesn't understand that sort of thing.” Ichigo said as he poked the boy with a foot. “We still haven't figured out what we're going to do with him.”
 
“Let's keep him!” Orihime says, picking up the kid and hugging the little boy as if he was a teddy bear, “Cute! In a sort of freaky way.”
 
“That is disturbing.” Karin remarked flatly. “Not to mention disgusting. He's still bleeding you know.”
 
“Should I heal him? He might die later anyway.” Rukia asked.
 
“Might as well.” Ichigo sheathed Zanpaku-to and crossed his arms. Chad just stood there, rubbing his head where the tree had hit him.
 
“How restful I feel.” Uryu remarked sarcastically.
 
~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~> ~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>
 
Rukia was still slightly disturbed as she watched some of the villagers stumbled out from the rubble of their homes, many bled freely. Half of Kaede's house was still standing while the roof and the wall that had included the doorway was gone completely. Most of the others despite their weariness were still helping some of the villagers put up temporary tents for th rest of the night.
 
She began to apply Kido to the young boy who had suddenly turned up earlier, trying to destroy them The wounds on his back were dire, but she healed them in a matter of minutes. How could she be caring for such an evil person? He was still unconscious and twitched from time to time in pain. “What is this?” she said to herself as she found a scar on his back, in the shape of a spider.
 
“It is the mark of Naraku. All of his incarnations bear the same scar he does.” Miroku replied.
 
“What do you mean?” she asked, her curiosity getting the better of her.
 
“Naraku has many ways of getting his work done. Usually, splitting off part of himself, those parts take on the forms of people. Generally they look unusual and all the bear scar of the spider on their backs.” Miroku said matter-of-factly.
 
“But that doesn't explain how he controls them.”
 
“We don't know that yet, but he threatens their lives. Several of his incarnations have come after us before and we are used to their presence.”
 
“How do you think this one commands spirits?” Rukia asked as she mended the last of the boy's wounds.
 
“Again, we presume he gives them their powers through some kind of sorcery he is getting from the large half of the Shikon no Tama.” He answered, crossing his arms. “Kikyo, not long ago, had given it to him after she stole it from Kagome.”
 
“Why would she aid the person who killed her?” she asked, sitting back against the wall of the remainder of Kaede's house next to the boy.
 
Miroku sat on the opposite wall, “Her motives are unknown to us. The only one who has come in contact with Kikyo and spoke with her, lately, was Inuyasha. He never tells us anything about their meetings.”
 
Rukia winced, no wonder Kagome was always so hurt when Kikyo would show up. “Why did Naraku kill Kikyo?”
 
“Before Naraku was born, his being was Onigumo, a wounded thief whom Kikyo tended to.” Sango responded instead of Miroku, “He was badly injured with horrible burns, and was immobile. He resided in a cave where Kikyo placed him.”
 
Rukia nodded, intrigued.
 
“He merged himself with demons drawn to his evil soul and became Naraku. At that time, Kikyo was the guardian of the Shikon no Tama. Though the Onigumo part of Naraku loved Kikyo, he tricked her into attacking Inuyasha, then killed her.”
 
Rukia turned away from the boy to sit against the wall, “Inuyasha?”
 
“Yes. Inuyasha and Kikyo were close, but were deceived into turning against each other. Kikyo bound Inuyasha to a tree with her sacred arrow, and there he was unconscious for fifty years. He awoke upon meeting Kagome.”
 
“May it be because she is Kikyo's reincarnation?” Rukia asked.
 
“Maybe.” Sango didn't seem to have an answer for that.
 
“I'd rather you wouldn't spill my past to a stranger, you guys.” Inuyasha interrupted
 
“It's common knowledge, Inuyasha.” Miroku stated, “You were even showing your feelings for Kikyo before them earlier today.”
 
“How…?”
 
“Denying that she is a hollow.” Rukia replied.
 
Inuyasha opened his mouth to argue, but shut it immediately, understanding what kind of position he was in. Rukia knew if he further defended himself that they would know the truth no matter what he said.
 
“Keh.”
 
Rukia rolled her eyes at the hanyou. It was probably best to leave him alone at this moment. Fighting was something they should avoid for the next day or so. She yawned loudly, “I'm exhausted.”
 
“Aren't we all.” Ichigo remarked before sitting next to her. “But I don't think I can go back to bed thinking something is going to ambush us again.”
 
Miroku sighed, “I'm guessing it is my turn to help repair the village.” He stands and walks out.
 
Sango stands also, “I'm going to check on him…just in case he's doing anything I think he would.” She followed the monk.
 
“Excuses, excuses.” Ichigo said, cocking an eyebrow, “I know she just wants to go after him.”
 
“Yes, it does seem that way.” Rukia replied, watching the two leave.
 
“To think one order caused all of this.”
 
“How?”
 
“Well we would never be here if we just ignored it. But then Kagome would've died.” Ichigo stated thoughtfully.
 
“Oh, I'm sorry, Ichigo.”
 
“Wha…? Why?” Ichigo asked, looking at her.
 
“The life of a Shinigami is too much stress for a teenager. I shouldn't have dragged you into it.” Rukia replied looking down at her feet.
 
“Don't be crazy! If you hadn't gave me your powers we both would be dead.” Ichigo said.
 
“…that's true.”
 
~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~> ~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>
 
Yoru Aruki was now resting in a tree, one leg hanging off the branch and swinging slightly. His snow-white hair was freed from the black string that tied it back, flowing across his shoulders and face. His sword was across his lap, his fingers wound tightly around the sheath just in case. His glaive was stabbed deeply into the bark beside him, acting as an armrest. For the time being, until nightfall came, Yoru would recuperate. He always preferred his missions near twilight, instead of in the sun where many being could see. He was lying low, deep in the heart of Inuyasha's forest, just in case some of the bat demons wanted to pay him a visit.
 
The sun was beginning to rise and the orange stained the blue, pushing it back into the western sky. Yoru Aruki watched, completely silent. When he was younger, he would always enjoy watching the sunrise, but now it was only a reminder of what he was assigned to do the following night. Now it was the thing that made him remember the blood that would spill across his clothes and blade. The thing that made him recall every life that his glaive had taken.
 
But living the way he was, was the only way to drown the sorrow that loomed in his heart, though it slowly turned the beating organ in his chest black as night. He knew he was being foolish, although he didn't want to take up the kingdom his father had left behind for him. He just wanted to have a purpose other than ruling over others. So he became a bounty hunter, using the skills he had learned as a boy to help him throughout the missions he was given. Yoru Aruki was still young, and naïve, in many ways.
 
Though living two hundred years did give him some kind of wisdom, he still had much to learn of what he had lost, which was something he knew he would never get back. Companionship. His terrible reputation gave others the idea of him being a bloodthirsty monster. And he had never had a companion ever since his becoming a bounty hunter. And Yoru had to admit sometimes he would go insane from the pain in his chest that was slowly ripping his mind to pieces pushing him to do an extra good job on his tasks.
 
Yoru Aruki's silver eyes narrowed as he frowned at the sun, which was peeking through spaces between the trees, its presence disturbing him greatly; he much better liked the gentle shine of the moon down on his face than the bright glare of the sun. The sun's intense glow was as if it wanted to beat him down for all of the things he had done. Even though the only things that helped him keep his sanity were his regrets that always invaded his dreams at night.
 
End Chapter