InuYasha Fan Fiction / Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Clash of the Egos ❯ Zetto and Woppy ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or Bleach! I mean this is like the eleventh time I've told you! You should've gotten the point already! Lol, sorry to be rude. ^^= Anyways, welcome to another action packed chapter of CLASH OF THE EGOS!
 
Chapter 11: Zetto and Woppy
 
 
Yoru Aruki listened to the others' conversations, with little intrigue. It was late, the moon rising high above his head, the stars shining brightly and the silence thickened around him. The humans had been talking for a long time, but nothing really interested him, in his mind he shut out their ramblings and leaned back on one hand, watching the forest around the small farm.
 
The forest was still, not a shadow moving in the background, he eased himself on his back staring up at the stars, watching them shine in their comfortable places in the sky. Soon, the humans had gone to sleep the soft sounds of their breathing leaking through the wooden roof. He was not the only one awake, though. Someone was getting up and walking to the door, the sounds of footsteps, bare footsteps padded out of the small house, stopping just before the house.
 
“Oi, I want to ask you a few questions…” the dog hanyou said, sitting beside the doorway.
 
Yoru Aruki sighed, “I cannot guarantee an answer.” He sat forward and looked down at Inuyasha with little regard. He still did not like the half-demon's attitude towards him. He was much too brash and loud.
 
“Where do you come from?”
 
“I was born in this country, no where else.” Was the reply.
 
Inuyasha huffed, “Do you think I know that already!? What I'm askin' is which part of the country your from, because you definitely don't belong here in the West.”
 
Yoru Aruki smirked, running a hand though his hair. “I'm from the South, near the ocean. That is where I belong.” The hanyou didn't seem to be very bright, but he probably comprehended what the nightwalker had said.
 
“Hm. Then how the Hell did you end up here?”
 
“I did not want to stay in a place where all I can remember is bloodshed. My own family's blood.” He answered. “I presume you do not relate to this.”
 
“Keh, my life is nothing near good memories.” Inuyasha growled, standing up. He crossed his arms, giving the bounty hunter a deadly gaze. “I know how it is to lose people I care for.”
 
Yoru Aruki did not have an answer for this, since all his deeds had labeled him a killer and this hanyou thought he was exactly that. “You still seem to be wary of my presence. I deem if it is because you believe me to be a murderer.”
 
“Of course I think you're a blood thirsty bastard! You've killed a Hell of a lot of people, and you have a bunch of enemies out to kill you too.” Inuyasha snarled, baring his fangs at the demon.
 
“Do not assume to know what I am, hanyou, for I have also heard my share of stories about your ugly past.” Yoru Aruki retorted. “Fifty years ago you were bound to a tree by the arrow of the priestess Kikyo, who I have now heard was brought back to life. We demons know what goes on in this forest, and you cannot deny it.”
 
“Keh, son of a bitch…” the half-demon muttered, turning his back on the bounty hunter and growling, “I heard that around one hundred and fifty years ago you killed your own family and a clan of helpless people!”
 
“If I done such a thing I would remember!” Yoru Aruki growled, “That night when the oni had ambushed us I fought valiantly by my family's side. My brother was killed by an oni leader, his heart ripped from his flesh like an animal's!” His hand reached for his weapon affectionately, the cold marble cooling his nerves. “After that, my sister fell to the claws of a Komori powered by the Shikon no Tama itself! Do not dare tell me that I killed the people I loved! I do not recall the murder of anyone before or during that time, hanyou.”
 
Inuyasha had flinched at the bounty hunter's tone, his silver gaze intensifying and thickening the air around them. Yoru Aruki continued, “I Shiromori, son of the fire demon, swear on my brother's grave that I did NOT kill my family.”
 
“Keh, alright, I believe you. Don't go ballistic on me.” Inuyasha growled, rolling his eyes at the bounty hunter.
 
“You are like a furious child. Untamed and stupid.” Yoru Aruki replied while he glared at Inuyasha. “And you are a hypocrite. As I've heard you killed the priestess fifty years ago though it is apparent you had feelings for her.”
 
The hanyou opened his mouth to say something but closed it and growled. After a long moment he spat, “That's none of your business.”
 
“Then don't pry into mine.” Yoru Aruki mumbled bitterly. He turned away from the other man and stared off angrily into space, knowing Inuyasha had done the same. Then the sounds of someone else stirring and coming outside came to his ears.
 
“Well, I hope you guys settled your petty little tantrum.” Said the oh-so-condescending Uryu.
 
`He calls it a tantrum?' he thought. Yoru Aruki twitched uncomfortably at the sound of the boy's voice. It was so irritating.
 
“Keh,” Inuyasha snorted irritably. “Shut up.”
 
“Go back to sleep, boy. No one wants you out here.” Yoru Aruki growled. “You are too much to take even in the day.”
 
“Well, excuse me for not wanting to sleep in close quarters with a group of strangers.” Uryu replied coolly. “Especially when they snore in your ear.”
 
Inuyasha scoffed. “You should be taught a lesson about travelling.”
 
“You don't look like much of a teacher. Go swing your club at something worthy of your stupidity.”
 
The hanyou growled in distaste, glaring at the young man and Uryu smirked in satisfaction knowing that he successfully agitated Inuyasha. Yoru Aruki suppressed a chuckle at the two that fought like dogs over food. They were as entertaining as it gets, but sadly he didn't want to get caught in the middle of some toddlers' fight.
 
“NO! IT'S A POPPY-WINK!” Yoru Aruki jumped slightly from the sudden yell from inside the hut. It was the voice of the brown-haired girl. She called out again, “IT'LL EAT YOU! TAKE WOPPY AND RUUUN!” He scowled, obviously knowing that the nonsense pouring from the girl's overly-active mouth was nothing but a child's nightmare.
 
“ORIHIME! CALM DOWN!!” The voice of the priestess said frantically.
 
“I had a dream that the Poppy named Zetto was going to eat all of you and Woppy so you pressed Woppy's forehead so Woppy would grow wings and you guys would be safe!”
 
“THAT'S what you dreamed about?” Ichigo growled.
 
The girl laughed nervously. “Yeah. We can go back to sleep.” Yoru Aruki rolled his eyes at the absurdity of it all. He might as well go to sleep also. He was going to leave in the morning after all.
 
 
~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~> ~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~> ;~>~>
 
Karin smiled as she stretched, looking at the morning sun happily. It was maybe an hour after dawn, she and Chad getting up to do some work of the old priestess Kaede. She went back inside the hut where Lady Kaede had a pot of soup cooking over an open fire. The monk and demon slayer sat next to each other near the door, Sango sitting in the corner. Chad sat in the far corner of the room, legs crossed, intently watching the flames dance under the black metal.
 
“How do you think the others are doing?” Karin asked as she sat down next to Sango, the demon slayer.
 
Chad ran a hand through his hair, “I really don't know. Hollows are one thing, but demons are another. And with that bounty hunter on the loose…” he shook his head.
 
“Ye know that Inuyasha is also there. Even for a stupid lad he is very strong.” Kaede said matter-of-factly as she poured breakfast into five wooden bowls and handed them out to them out to her companions.
 
Miroku nodded. “Yes, that is true. Though, Inuyasha is as opinionated as anyone could be and it can make him very hot-headed and rash. He may rush into battle without thinking.”
 
“Come to think of it, never has he displayed tactic.” Sango pointed out to the group. This seemed to put a pause in the conversation.
 
Karin laughed, “He's the dumbest person I've ever met.”
 
“I can see how that is true.” Miroku replied, nodding his head a bit. “But he's more intelligent than he lets on.” Karin chewed on the rubber chicken in her bowl, ripping off a piece and chewing it for a few seconds. It wasn't Yuzu's cooking that's for sure.
 
“What makes you think that?” Chad asked, also not used to the food that the priestess cooked for breakfast. He poked at the UFO or unidentified floating object. It was most unappetizing.
 
Without her brother and his friends there, (well besides Chad) there was nothing to talk about. Karin sighed. She never realized how noisy and entertaining they were. How can such a quiet place like this exist? “He's as stupid as stupid gets. If you ask me.” Karin mumbled coldly.
 
“The reason why I think Inuyasha is…slightly intelligent is that, well, I can't explain it. Just take my word for it.” Miroku attempted to explain.
 
“Like Ichigo in some ways.” Chad said, quietly.
 
Sango nodded in agreement, “Ichigo doesn't think before he acts.”
 
“But Ichigo is very smart too. You wouldn't believe it but there's actually a brain in that orange head of his.” Karin replied sipping her broth, forcing it down her throat. They sat in silence for a few minutes, relishing the quiet atmosphere.
 
“How do ye propose ye get back ye's time?”
 
Karin paused for a moment with her mouth slightly open. Then she finally spoke, “I…don't know.”
 
“We wonder if the others will find another passageway to our time.” Chad said.
 
“It is very unlikely, but knowing Inuyasha and Kagome, they will find a way.” The old woman said, finishing the last of her soup. They all nodded in agreement.
 
 
=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=
 
Ichigo sat up uneasily, scratching the back of his head as he looked around the small hut in which he was staying. Light shown through the flap that served to be the door of the little house and he stood, seeing none of the others were awake yet. That little scene that Orihime caused last night had kept them awake for quite some time. She went on about a woppy or something. Whatever that was. Typical Orihime.
 
He crept over the sleeping bodies and outside, inhaling this nice morning smell that had a hint of dew. The air was dense from the late night's showers and clouds hung overhead though it seemed that it wouldn't rain again. He looked around, seeing the half demon, Inuyasha sitting in a tree not far. Was it his imagination or was Inuyasha glaring at him?
 
`Why me?' Ichigo thought as he stretched and sat down in the doorway. Might as well enjoy the silence before everyone else awoke. Then he noticed, that bounty hunter guy was nowhere to be seen.
 
He asked Inuyasha finally, “Where's Yoru?”
 
“He left.” Was the gruff reply from the hanyou.
 
“When?”
 
“Sometime early this morning. He even took some of our food. The bastard.” Inuyasha mumbled as he turned over on the branch, staring ahead at the sun angrily.
 
Ichigo frowned, “Why?”
 
“He's a bounty hunter, kid.” Inuyasha said, “They're always on the move.”
 
“Don't call me kid.” Ichigo growled, crossing his arms and leaning to the side against the side of the entrance.
 
“Whatever.” The hanyou replied, turning his gaze away from Ichigo. A sparrow flit across the ground over the grass, its wings brushing on the blades of green. Ichigo watched it grab a caterpillar from the dirt and carry it off. How quickly nature moved surprised him.
 
Then, Ichigo felt someone sit next to him. Rukia yawned, leaning forward on her knees and watched the sunrise with him. They sat in silence for a little while, until they heard the others stirring inside.
 
Orihime stumbled out, smiling. “Good morning!” she squealed, pushing her way through the doorway and looking at the sun. “Wow! It's so nice out!”
 
“Keh.” Inuyasha snorted as his ears twitched. “Must you make so much noise? I wanted to have a peaceful morning.”
 
“Since when did you want peace?” Ichigo asked. “You always seem to want to cause trouble.”
 
Inuyasha huffed and looked away.
 
=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=
 
Meanwhile, not far from our heroes, our Yoru Aruki sat in a large meadow, eating some of the food he had stolen from the hanyou and his companions. Yoru Aruki sat cross-legged near the green pond, watching the fish glide under the surface, skirting away from his large reflection on the water. He plopped a dumpling into his mouth, staring blankly as one brave little white fish hovering by the edge of the water, perhaps waiting for a crumb…
 
Yoru Aruki rolled his eyes, ignoring the fish and focusing on the road ahead. Where should he travel next? The continent sounded good. They always have missions there. Yoru Aruki sighed, his head resting in his palm while his elbow was propped on his knee. The bounty hunter looked oppressively at the other side of the swimming hole, seeing two human children.
 
They didn't seem to have taken notice of the demon, sitting on the bank of the pond, the one sitting down, his white hair tied messily to the point that strands hung down over his shoulders. The demon that, in all the black, stuck out of the green scenery like blood on a white robe. Yoru Aruki's eyes followed the children as a snake follows its prey. But he wasn't interested in killing them.
 
The two children carried buckets, filling them with large amounts of water. The poor fools... who would ever send children out in such a dangerous area? Stupid of the children to go anyways. Yoru Aruki ate another dumpling, chewing slowly as the two little females joked and laughed about who knows…
 
A twig breaking in the distance sent Yoru Aruki's hand straight for his glaive. The bounty hunter tightened his fingers around the warm marble, his silver eyes darting towards the line of trees to his left just behind the two humans. He stood and finally they took notice of him. The younger, he supposed, screamed which made the bounty hunter flinch as she backed away.
 
“Stupid girl… don't move.” Yoru Aruki growled. “Stay where you are or you'll die.”
 
“W-who are you?!” the other yelled, throwing her bucket that splashed in the pond, sprinkling water over his robes.
 
The oni moved…where? Yoru Aruki's eyes darted around the wall of forest. There. He jumped, landing on the other side with his glaive in hand. The oni sprung from the bushes, slashing down. Yoru Aruki pushed the two humans out of the way, blocking the large claw with his glaive. One of the females screamed. He sliced the oni's hand, blood spurting from the stub of its arm.
 
Yoru Aruki jumped back, watching the ogre clutch its hand in agony, roaring and screaming in pain. It felt good to hear such a thing. The bounty hunter sprung, and in one smooth motion, the oni's head hit a tree, dropping to the ground with a loud thud. The body slumped, and the bounty hunter sliced it one more time, watching the flesh fall to the grass, blood pooling around it. The crimson liquid dripped down the blade of his weapon, sliding over his fingers as he looked at the two human girls, fear radiating off of their skin.
 
“Y-you're a d-demon…” the elder said, grabbing the smaller human by the arm. “Y-you don't belong here…”
 
Yoru Aruki smirked, “Now, is that any way to talk to your savior?” He took a step and the girl cringed.
 
“I k-know who you are. Y-you're the Nightwalker the elders have been speaking about. Y-you're the one who attacked that village in the West…”
 
He raised an eyebrow, “Well, well, well. Word travels fast here in this region. No matter. That was only a mission.” Yoru Aruki rolled his eyes as he walked past them and bent over his luggage (which was sadly only the bag of dumplings he stole). Then strapped his glaive over his shoulder and buckled his sword to his hip.
 
“Are you leaving?” one asked.
 
“Of course.” He replied, turning to them. “You've blown my hiding spot. I must move on.”
 
“But…why?”
 
“Why what?” He growled, looking down at the child sourly.
 
“Why did you risk your hiding spot to save us?”
 
“I hate oni. You're too stupid to know that these forests are chock full of them, pity fell upon you.” Yoru Aruki said, turning away as he began to walk away.
 
“Oi! Where do you think you're going?”
 
 
=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=
 
Meanwhile, Ichigo's group sat down, eating breakfast with Jinenji and his mother. Sadly, since the bounty hunter punk had stolen their main course, they were left to eat leftovers from the night before with dried rice. Ichigo sighed, looking solemnly at his food, poking his rice uninterestedly. They were planning on leaving, after they ate. He looked at Rukia who stared blankly at the wooden boards under them, heavy in thought. So much in thought Inuyasha and Uryu didn't disturb her with their squabbles that occurred every five minutes, usually triggered by Uryu's smart remarks.
 
“Oi,” Inuyasha began, “what's with the doom and gloom?” He raised an eyebrow at Rukia who didn't seem to hear him.
 
“Shut up you imbecile. She's thinking…” Uryu replied. “Perhaps she can't hear you.”
 
Inuyasha snorted, “Keh! Why does she need to be thinking! There's nothing to think about!”
 
Ichigo slapped his forehead, “Of course you wouldn't be thinking right now because YOU have nothing to think about! We have to find out how we're getting home!”
 
“Whatever.”
 
Kagome shook her head, sighing. “You guys never let up.”
 
They sat in silence for a while, the old woman was tending to the fire quietly, trying to ignore Uryu and Inuyasha's fighting. Jinenji was outside, managing the herb field. Ichigo looked up at the sound of footsteps. He looked out the flap of the doorway and saw a man running towards Jinenji.
 
“ There's a demon in the meadows! He attacked our children!”
 
Inuyasha's head snapped up, his nose twitching a bit. “I smell it… oni blood, fresh. I hope it's something worthy of a fight…” The hanyou stood Tetsusaiga in hand as he stomped outside. “Oi, old man! Where's this demon?”
 
“You again!” the old man cried. “Fine, no matter. Both of you, this way.” The man said as he led the two down the road to what Ichigo expected the village not far away. Rukia seemed to have finally woke from her train of thought and looked out the doorway.
 
“We have to follow them!” she exclaimed, standing up.
 
“Why?” Ichigo asked flatly.
 
“I have a bad feeling, that's why. Now c'mon!” She pulled Ichigo to his feet and tugged him outside, running ahead of him. Ichigo glared at her back. What now?! Disturbing the peace constantly… They saw the two dots of Inuyasha and Jinenji.
 
Rukia sped up, stopping when she had caught up with the two hanyous, Inuyasha growled at her. “What do you want?”
 
Rukia's stare was just as cold. “Nothing. I just want to watch how you “exterminate” these demons.” She smirked leeringly and Ichigo sighed. Uryu's habits of mocking Inuyasha were rubbing off on her.
 
The old man led them hurriedly through the brush at the side of the village. They made their way down a very thin path, running practically. “We've already sent some of our men to hold him off.”
 
Inuyasha's nose seemed to lead him. “It smells more like oni than demon.” There was a crash in the background and Rukia frowned.
 
“But it be a demon!” the man said. Then they reached a wall of trees. Ichigo peered out of the trees, sunlight pouring into the clearing. There was a standoff, but there were no humans in sight. Ichigo spotted them, huddled behind some bushes to their left. A monster that he perceived as an oni towered over them, roaring. Ichigo looked to his right, seeing an already rotting heap of flesh, which seemed to be another oni.
 
“That's no demon…” Inuyasha growled. “Just some stupid oni.”
 
“That's not him!” The old man cried.
 
Rukia gasped, “What?!”
 
The oni's body was suddenly split in half, the upper torso unexpectedly losing its head and toppling to the ground. “Ew…” Ichigo muttered, watching all the blood travel over the grass. He just ate breakfast too. “That's just…ew.”
 
Then, he recognized a familiar white-haired man, standing with his glaive in his hand. “Oi, what are you doing here?” Yoru Aruki asked coldly.
 
Inuyasha snorted, “I would like to ask you the same question. Food thief!”
 
The bounty hunter laughed. “I was resting when those stupid ningen attracted these oni.” Yoru Aruki shifted the bag on his shoulder. “Now hanyou, I will be going. And I don't want you following me this time.”
 
“Following you?!” Inuyasha growled. “I'd rather be halfway around the world from you!”
 
“And yet you come here.” He replied.
 
“We came here because the old man tells us of some demon terrorizing the people.” The hanyou spat. “When we get here all we find is the pathetic freeloading demon who stole from us!”
 
“Freeloading? Oh, Inuyasha, you're so cruel! I just borrowed…” Yoru Aruki replied tauntingly.
 
“Borrowed my ASS!” Inuyasha growled.
 
Ichigo rolled his eyes. “Geez, they're just a few dumplings… Nothing to fight over.”
 
“Shut up! We weren't talking to you!”
 
“Why don't you shut up? It would make a lot of people happier than they already are.” Ichigo said flatly.
 
“Stupid bastard….” Inuyasha muttered under his breath, glaring at Yoru Aruki and pointing an accusing finger. “You stole and that is what matters!!!!!”
 
Yoru Aruki yawned, “If you're so blind I might as well tell you that I left coins on the shelf of the old woman's hut. So technically, I bought from her.”
 
“Shut up!”
 
Ichigo sighed and crossed his arms. “Well, there's really no trouble here so I'm headin' out…Come on Rukia. Leave these two to argue themselves to death.” He stopped, looking around. Rukia was gone!
 
 
END CHAPTER
 
A/n: I'm sorry it took so long to update but as you can see I have come up many other fanfics that somewhat occupy my time. But don't worry! We'll have another chapter up soon.