InuYasha Fan Fiction / Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Mona's Journey II ❯ So here's what happens... ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Epilogue-

As soon as they got back to the dream world, Esthenia used her orb to get back home. She got back right when the sun was coming up. Nobody had known she was gone, and the next morning her sister told her something that surprised her a lot.

"Guess what sis?" Kassie asked. Her and Esthenia were sitting at the kitchen table eating a bowl of cereal.

"I really don't care, but I suppose you are going to tell me anyway." Esthenia yawned.

"The most incredible episode of InuYasha came on last night!"

Esthenia nearly choked on the spoonful Cheereos that she had just shoved into her mouth. Her eyes grew big.

"Yeah." said Kassie. "You fell asleep before it came on. It was amazing, but I don't really think that it was really connected to the rest of the series."

Esthenia's eyes grew even larger as her sister told her what happened. It was the whole part where they defeated Digarah. Her sister told of how the strange demons kicked the big demon's butt.

"It was really cool." Kassie sighed as she took a bite. "To bad you missed it."

Esthenia grinned.

Kovu, Mona and Aslynn went back to the village.

Everyone was happy to see that their alpha male and princess had returned safely home.

The three never told anyone about what happened. Nobody would have believed their story anyway.

Aslynn told everyone that they had gone on a secret mission. As the village wise woman, everyone believed her. She then returned to her hut and took a long nap.

Kovu went to visit his mother on her cliff. To his surprise, she didn't see or sense a trace of Digarah. However she did tell him that she saw a large purple bird fly out of the forest and over the horizon.

"It was beautiful…" she told him. "A being so pure, neither demon or Guardian. A living legend…"

Kovu nodded. She knew what the bird was, and something deep down inside him told him that she knew what had happened.

Pagasis returned to his home, the Esthenia grassland where he found his friend, Rinoa. He was still in his human-like form and he surprised the great black wolf. She was stunned by his new appearance.

"What happened!?" she asked him over and over again.

Like the others, he wouldn't tell her what happened or where he had been.

She was agitated at first. Rinoa had always liked adventure and she knew that he had been on one. But she eventually warmed up to him and welcomed him home.

Mona made up with her mother. As soon as she had entered the village Neara gave her a big hug.

She was overjoyed to see her daughter again.

"I know it was only a couple days…" Neara sighed. "But I missed you so much."

"You missed me?" Mona gasped.

Neara looked at her daughter in misbelieve.

"Mona," she said. "You may think that your inherence is more important to me. That's untrue. You are my daughter and I love you for who you are. Not what you are."

Tears streamed down Mona's cheeks. She understood and felt like a fool.

"How foolish of me to think of such a thing…" she whispered.

After a wile she cheered up. Her mother had prepared a feast for her and her father.

The whole clan danced the night away. They all had fun and threw their worries behind them.

The next day Mona learned to fly. It was the most wonderful experience of her life.

Kovu, Pagasis and Esthenia joined her by her side as they soared through the sky.

She looked at her companions and smiled. Then looked up at the blue sky.

"It's all over…" she said to herself. "I will miss InuYasha. I will miss the feelings that I had around him. I will miss the love I had for Sesshoumaru. How his sweet scent of compassion soothed my worries. I will never forget them, even if it hurts my heart. I will look forward to the future and not fear it anymore, for I know that deep in my heart, we shall meet again."