InuYasha Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Sovereign Destiny ❯ Soul Whisperings ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Sovereign Destiny
Prologue: Soul Whisperings
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho. Nor will I be making any money off my story. This is for my own amusement, nothing more.
 
Story Summary:
A new threat will reunite the Yu Yu Hakusho team once again but this time the stakes are different and much higher. Will the once spirit detective and friends rise to this new challenge or will they prefer to sit back and allow fate to decide for them their place in the worlds?
 
What to expect with this story and to avoid confusion:
This is going to be a Yu Yu Hakusho/Inuyasha crossover, with the main pairing being unusual. It has been done before but it is a rare pairing, so you have been warned.
 
This story will be mainly from Yu Yu Hakusho's point of view. The main characters of Yu Yu Hakusho will make appearances and be apart of the story line but I only promise Kagome from Inuyasha, with the other characters possible coming in to play later in the story.
 
I will say this story is an alternate universe because I will be adjusting a few things to make my idea fit. The story is taking place about a year after the story ends in the Yu Yu Hakusho series, so I am writing with the assumption that people have seen all the series including the Three Kings Saga so sorry if there are spoilers. This will make Yusuke's age 18. Kagome on the other hand will be 26. Her journey with Inuyasha ended a long time ago.
 
And just to be clear from the beginning, there will be no character bashing; I happen to like Kuwabara and all the other characters in both shows and even though Kikyo does sometime annoy me I have nothing against her.
 
 
 
 
Prologue: Soul Whisperings
 
The rain was mild, just enough to freshen a weary land. It was like a blessed cleansing for restless and fatigued spirits. At least that is how it appeared to the woman who was staring out into the forest. A mist was beginning to rise around the temple and flow through the open training area where the woman was trying her best to meditate.
 
Trying and failing would be more accurate. This was a strange occasion for it was rare that the woman was not able to empty her mind of distractions and focus on the duty at hand. Her soul was greatly disturbed as if a heavy hand was laid upon her heart. It was a sharp contrast to her calming surroundings.
 
With a somber sigh the woman stood and walked to the edge of the arena and leaned her back against one of the pillars. The view on this side was breath taking. Gray clouds blocked the sun causing a beautiful but gloomy light to fall over the mountainside. The rain's mist mingled with the trees causing the forest to look thick and mysterious.
 
The woman was truly alone in her hidden forest temple; the nearest town was almost a day's walk away, and for the first time in years she felt it. She let her mind wander and think about times past: the things she loved, her losses, her gains, and the betrayals that had so wounded her heart.
 
A gold light streaked through the sky quickly drawing the woman out of her thoughts and putting her senses on high alert. She waited, staring intensely at the sky until flashes of color began.
 
Her senses reached out to the forest to find that even the animals and plants seemed to be holding their breath waiting to see what the light display meant. As quick as it had started, the flashes ended with no trace to be seen in the sky. The forest returned too normal and, once again, all seemed as it should but the woman was not fooled.
 
She felt as if her spirit was awakening from a long hibernation. The time that she had been patiently waiting for seemed to have finally arrived. This was the beginning. The question was the beginning of what? Only Fate, herself, truly knew.
 
The woman knew only one thing: her soul's despair had deepened. Her soul was telling her that many troubling times were once again coming and she had long ago learned to trust her instincts. There was not a moment to waste. It was time to step up her meditation and training.