InuYasha Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Sovereign Destiny ❯ Epilogue: Dare to Call Family ( Epilogue )

[ A - All Readers ]

Sovereign Destiny
Epilogue: Dare to Call Family
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho or Inuyasha.
 
Story Summary:
A new threat will reunite the Yu Yu Hakusho team once again but this time the stakes are different and much higher. Will the once spirit detective and friends rise to this new challenge or will they prefer to sit back and allow fate to decide for them their place in the worlds?
 
Chapter Tagline:
He would become the man she thought him to be and he would take care of and love her for better or worse, to death do they part, always and forevermore.
 
Epilogue: Dare to Call Family
 
Yusuke took a deep breath as the music started and the doors opened to reveal his mother. He couldn't help smiling widely at seeing her so happy that she was finally living life again instead of drinking it away. Her escort was a nice man she met at rehab who was there visiting his younger sister. He was a man that he could approve of to take care of his mother and had a feeling they would be taking the plunge themselves soon. Shortly after his mother, Kayko's mother was escorted down by her brother.
 
He had to hold in a silent chuckle as Kurama escorted Shizuru not failing to notice the slight pink flush on both their checks. From the way Hiei was smirking from his seat in the front row of the groom side told Yusuke that he had noticed it as well. There had been no way to convince Hiei to stand with him but he felt honored he was at least there sitting in the row reserved for his family of all things.
 
Though he had succeeded in not laughing at Kurama no matter how hard he tried he couldn't help the chuckle that escaped him as Hiei's smirk turn to an icy death glare when Kuwabara escorted Yukina down the isle and they took their places. True to his word, though there had been little doubt, Kuwabara kept silent for a while. Hiei knowing better then to test Kuwabara's honor took the initiative and revealed his secret to Yukina, who much to Hiei's relief accepted him warmly. Of course this just allowed Hiei to be able to openly disagree with Kuwabara's and Yukina's relationship though Yusuke was fairly sure it was just an act.
 
As the doors were shut again in preparation for Kayko Yusuke took a moment to focus on the crowd that filled his side of the church. Kagome and Koenma sat proudly in the front row between his mother and Hiei. Both of them looked as relaxed as a cat bathing in the sun which he really envied since his stomach was in knots. In the rows beyond them he spotted the demons he befriended at the dark tournament and admired Shippo's handy work at making them look human. At this thought he glanced over at Yukina and admired how beautiful she looked with black hair and blue eyes in her teal colored dress, a perfect example of Shippo's masterful illusionary skills.
 
Yusuke then spotted Sesshomaru, Koga, Ayame, and Shippo in the back rows who were calmly taking in the festivities right as the music began and the doors once again opened. All thoughts of looking around were suddenly thrown from his mind as he laid eyes on Kayko. She looked beautiful in her dress and so calm! As if this was the most sure thing she would ever do in her life. He smiled at this thought because he knew she was the most sure thing in his life.
 
Yusuke suddenly felt a firm sense of determination fill him as Kayko's father handed Kayko's hand to him. He would become the man she thought him to be and he would take care of and love her, for better or worse to death do they part, always and forevermore.
 
&&Scene Change&&
 
Kagome left her husband talking with Kurama, Hiei and Kuwabara and made her way away from the crowd. She found a bench near the fountain that was outside the reception area and sat down. This is where Shippo found her a short time later.
 
“Nice wedding don't you think? Yusuke and Kayko look so perfect together,” Kagome said to Shippo when he had taken his seat next to her.
 
Shippo didn't answer her but Kagome didn't really expect him to. His grin and laughing eyes told her all she needed to know about what he thought of the day's events. So they just sat in comfortable silence until Koga came and informed Shippo that Sesshomaru was ready to go and since Sesshomaru decided Shippo and Koga had spent enough time slacking off they had to leave too. There was much work still to be done in the demon realm now that major reform, courtesy of Koenma and implemented by them, was sweeping the land.
 
Kagome continued to sit there even after they had left and tried to just enjoy her surroundings but her thoughts kept getting in the way. She just couldn't help herself from going over all the different things that needed to be done over the next few days… weeks… months… and then even years. Realizing she was being ridiculous worrying over things she had no control over now she took a firm grasp of her mind and redirected her thoughts towards the newly married couple.
 
She had given Yusuke and Kayko her temple as a wedding gift since she now lived in Spirit world and she knew they would care for it with the reverence it deserved. Since she was no longer a fugitive that needed a hideaway she painstakingly, with Shippo's help, took down all the illusions to make it more accessible to Yusuke's mom and Kayko's family without making it completely defenseless. She had already made plans with Yukina, Botan, and Shizuru to go over there and finish unpacking Yusuke's and Kayko's stuff so that it would feel like their home when they returned from their honeymoon in America. She could almost picture…
 
“I believe Kuwabara is eager to start training as soon as possible,” Kagome jumped at the sound of her husband's voice and then frowned at his satisfied smirk. He did that on purpose! “He says you have had enough time to get use to being Queen and now that Yusuke's wedding is out of the way you guys should hurry and get as much training in as possible before it was his turn to go down the isle.”
 
“He didn't say that,” Kagome told him skeptical. She didn't pick a man with a death wish to be her apprentice, did she?
 
“Oh yes he did, and right in front of Hiei too,” Koenma told her laughing.
 
“Oh, my!” Kagome said as she started to giggle.
 
“And it doesn't stop there. After Hiei finished turning some very interesting colors, Kuwabara continued and said, and I quote, `though I do believe fox boy here and my sis just might beat me to it', right in front of Kurama and Shizuru. Last I saw him, your brother was helping him escape impending death.”
 
Kagome couldn't breath anymore she was laughing so hard. Maybe her next lesson should be not to provoke others to wrath when bodily injury was definitely going to be the consequence.
 
“Well the outcome of that is something I don't want to miss!” she told Koenma as she grabbed his hand and lead him inside. The responsibility of all the worlds would always be there but now was the time to make a memory with some of the most interesting assortments of `people' she proudly declared as family.