InuYasha Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Questionable Ties ❯ Brother and Sister ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prepare for a load of angst. It's pretty sad...and dark. But it gets it little funny in the end. Well, depending on you sense of humor. We'll see.
 
Err, really short chapter though. Sorry!! Didn't know what else to write, and it seemed to end well...
 
Well, all that's left is, Read, Review, and Enjoy!! XDDD
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Disclaimer- As much as I wish I did, I DO NOT own Inuyasha or NCIS, just the plot of this story and any OC's that happen to pop up! XD
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Questionable Ties—
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Previously;
A voice from the doorway interrupted them. "-Before he was murdered four months ago…” a cold voice said.
Gibbs' head snapped towards the voice, only to see Kagome leaning against the door frame, looking at Lancer with eyes burning not only with grief, but with the mixed desire of justice and revenge.
Kagome continued, “That's why I transferred here…to find his killer and close his case…”
Lancer nodded sadly. “But now they're after our best friends and me…"
Kagome looked away from them, her eyes distant as she murmured softly, “And apparently me as well…”
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Brother and Sister--
 
The first thing that hit her was the scent.
 
It was everywhere.
 
A coppery, tangy, harsh smell; so tangent that she could practically taste it at the tip of her tongue.
 
Her throat constricted at the putrid stench, her lungs grasped for air.
 
She couldn't breath...
 
She didn't want to breath...
 
The next thing she saw was red. Dark, ruby, red.
 
Everywhere.
 
--o--o--o--o--
 
Kagome looked anywhere but at the woman in the hospital bed and the man sitting beside said women.
 
"It had been a few months since we last spoken to each other. Certain circumstances called for us...well me to make myself scarce. See, Souta and Sarah were in the marines, Souta joining up at the US base in Japan, seeing as we both had our citizenship. I was able to get in the NCIS base in Japan.." She spoke in a quiet murmur, only loud enough for her listeners to hear.
 
"We usually contacted each other through general email accounts, drop phones, maybe meet each other at random places around Japan maybe once every few months. No one knew he was my brother, and I had made sure to keep it that way."
 
--o--o--o--o--
 
Each step forward was like a harsh squeeze to her heart.
 
All of the cuts, the burns - she could see a couple of fingers twisted in a way they never should be.
 
Torture...
 
Her eyes were locked with sapphire blue eyes, eyes so much like her own.
 
the only difference was the dull, glazed over emptiness that glared back at her.
 
--o--o--o--o--
 
"That day, I thought it was safe. It had been years, I thought I lost them; I haven't heard any word about me. I thought I we could finally meet at his apartment, to catch up, help with the wedding and such. But somehow they knew."
 
Slowly, Kagome's eyes raised to Gibbs - those haunting blue eyes, hollow from so much loss and despair, locking in seconds. Kagome's voice was monotone, void of all and any emotion. "I found him, tied to a table, dead..."
 
And she looked away, hands clenching to the point of white knuckles and nails piercing skin, blood trailing along her palms. If one looked closely, her body could be seen shaking ever so slightly.
 
"Or at least...that's what I thought..."
 
--o--o--o--o--
 
Kagome jumped when a weak, cold hand snatched her wrist, shrieking momentarily. A shuddering gurgle escaped from the person in front of her. Her eyes widened considerably. "Souta?!"
 
Sapphire eyes flared to life, but they flickered wildly. "I-I didn't tell them...anything." he rasped out whisperingly.
 
A chill shot through her spin. A sob rose through her throat at the sight of her dear baby brother. Immediately, her hand moved over his body, a pale light emitting from them, intent on healing him despite the inevitable.
 
If anything, it'll help the pain... "D-don't talk Souta-kun, you'll be fixed up in no time..." she mumbled, bordering on hysterics.
 
Souta's eyes fluttered, though there was a hint of amusement. He was too far gone, it wouldn't matter. He knew, they both knew.
 
It was just like his sister to try anyways...
 
"The...the shikon." he choked out, his hand squeezing feebly at his sister's wrist. Kagome's head snapped up to meet his eyes, reading his expression.
 
It wasn't over after all...
 
"Who." Kagome whispered vehemently. "Who did this."
 
Souta could only shake his head and Kagome understood - whoever was behind this, they sent their lackeys to do the dirty work.
 
The light in his eyes began to dim, he knew it was almost time. " Be careful...kick their asses for me. Love you, onee. And tell Sarah..." he swallowed thickly at the mention of his fiancé. He didn't want to leave her, not like this...
 
Kagome nodded in understanding, tears pooling in her eyes. Her lips trembled. "I'll tell her. Love you too, ototo..."
 
Seeing the tears, Souta could only shake his head slightly, a silent message passed through their eyes, a teasing remark 'You always were a crybaby Sis...'. "No tears. Fight. Live. Be happy. It's the least you deserve."
 
Her heart broke then and there. 'But you deserved so much more...' Kagome's jaw clenched, nodded ferociously. She didn't want to say it, but what could she do? "Give Mother and Grandpa my love. Take care sweetie." she managed to choke out before another sob could rack through.
 
There was a hint of a smile before it was over.
 
Slowly, the hand on Kagome's wrist loosened, dragging across skin, leaving a trail of blood in it's wake before it dropped completely, lifelessly.
 
The sapphire eyes were blank once more.
 
The sob Kagome so determinedly pushed down sprang up anew. The dam broke and tears flowed freely.
 
An ear-splitting wail echoed eerily through the room, filled with such grief and anger and pain.
 
"S-Sou-ta!!"
 
--o--o--o--o--
 
Her eyes flickered close against the memories, shutting tightly, as if to keep the haunting images at bay. It didn't work.
 
It never did...
 
"He was the one who told me I was still being chased. That it wasn't over..."
 
Kagome's fists were still clenched tightly, shaking visibly now. Her harsh whisper cut through them all. "So that's how it's all my fault. If I...if I hadn't contacted him and set up that meeting...he would have never-" she cut herself off then and there.
 
Her eyes shot up, blazing sapphire eyes boring into both Gibbs and Sarah. "And now, they're after Sarah and Taro. They've already killed Damon. They're trying to get me through them. I thought after Souta, they would stop but no..."
 
A determined look crossed her face, and her jaw locked. "Now, it's time for me to strike back. This is going to end once and for all, and I'm not going to stop until whoever this bastard is..." she trailed off, gaze turning to the ground for a moment.
 
'Until he's dead.'
 
Her head slowly rose, her gaze locking with Gibbs and she continued, voice firm. "Until he's caught."
 
--o--o--o--o--
 
That Gibbs felt bad was a huge understatement.
 
Through the whole time of Kagome's explanation, Gibbs never felt so much like a dick before this moment, and that feeling only kept growing and growing until she finally finished. Now he could understand Kagome's behavior, someone was going after those she knew, while they, her own people, were questioning her.
 
If it was him, he'd go bat-shit crazy. It was one of those moments where he'd take his gun, leave his badge and cell, and take off to find the killer on his own and settle it once and for all.
 
And now, not only did the guilt claw at him but anger stormed through his veins. Kagome was an NCIS agent, and when some cocky shit goes after one of his own, it gets personal. And he at least owed it to her to help her out.
 
Not that he'd admit it to her, of course.
 
--o--o--o--o--
 
"This case of yours," Gibbs began immediately after they left the room. "Should you really be working on it?" he questioned seriously, his eyes actually holding some genuine concern.
 
Kagome whirled on him, eyes on fire. She did not just expose her story just for him pull this on her. "I know what you're going to say. Personal ties right? Well for your information, I don't have a brother. " She said for emphasis, watching him carefully. "So if you're thinking about getting me kicked off my case, it won't work."
 
She stalked towards him, like a predator with it's prey. "Higurashi is a very common name-" A lie, but he doesn't need to know that. "-and according to my and Souta's file, I have no siblings and his older sister died of an illness when she was fifteen." She told him.
 
What can she say, she had some connections that allowed her to control exactly what went on her file.
 
Gibbs merely smirked, though he was mentally impressed. "I just wanted to make sure you knew what you were doing." he retorted simply.
 
Who was he to rebuke her? He was the one who went straight to Mexico to indulge in some well deserved revenge after...after...
 
Well, let's just say he wasn't one to be hypocritical, after all...
 
Kagome had the decency to blush.
 
It didn't last long as a ring startled her, and Gibbs had to raise an eyebrow when she jumped.
 
Kagome let out a self-conscious sniff and dug into her pocket to fish out her phone. Cringing at the caller id, she picked up. A worried but gruff voice rang in her ears. "Kagome?! Where the hell have you been, you didn't come home last night! Is everything alright?"
 
Kagome groaned. "I'm so sorry Kouga, I...got held up yesterday," she said soothingly, though her voice was held a hesitant and nervous tinge at the end.
 
Gibbs snorted at the weak excuse, but a second later his eyes flickered in a mixture of curiosity, distaste, and something else that left his gut settling badly.
 
Who was 'Kouga'?
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Words-1, 524
 
Soo, watchya think? Despite the insane shortness (though, I added 500 more words before posting, so it wa even shorted ^^;;;), I thought this was a good chapter. Despite all the filler ones I've been handing out, this one has more content.
 
Not much else to say, so I hope you all enjoyed it. I haven't the slightest idea when the next update will be, school is here in 9 days. I hate it. ://
 
Until next time then! ^^
RainLily