InuYasha Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Questionable Ties ❯ Spits and Spats ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Heyyyy everyone!! Hope everyone's holidays were amazing!! ^^

Sorry if anything seems rushed or wrong or anything. I was sick when I wrote this, I think I had laryngitis? Ahh, I dunno lol. I was just sick my WHOLE winter break, which sucked.

But hey! Bright side is I had loads of time for writing!! ;)) hahah

Also, sorry in advance for any crappy formatting. Apparently this site is having its share of issues, and it won't take to the regular '.doc' format when submitted. Ergo, I gotta do it through '.rtf' which just screws it all up. >.<

It ain't gonna be pretty to read, but hey, at least it's something right? Lol

Read, Review, and Enjoy!! XDD

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-

AN: Kay, seeing as how my internet has been acting up the last few days, somehow calling the cops when I tried signing on (don't know how, I tried signing on, it acted hinky, and ten minutes later had the cops pounding on my door...-_-), I haven't got a chance to send this chapter to my beta. So please take kind to any mistake you see. Sorry! Lol, point em out if you will, so I can fix em. Thank you!! ^^

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-

Disclaimer- As much as I wish I did, I DO NOT own Inuyasha or NCIS, just the plot of this story and any OC’s that happen to pop up! XD

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-

--Questionable Ties—

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-

Previ ously;

Kagome let out a self-conscious sniff and dug into her pocket to fish out her phone. Cringing at the caller id, she picked up. A worried but gruff voice rang in her ears.
"Kagome?! Where the hell have you been, you didn't come home last night! Is everything alright?"

Kagome groaned. "I'm so sorry Kouga, I...got held up yesterday," she said soothingly, though her voice was held a hesitant and nervous tinge at the end.

Gibbs snorted at the weak excuse, but a second later his eyes flickered in a mixture of curiosity, distaste, and something else that left his gut settling badly.

Who was 'Kouga'?

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-

--Spits and Spats--

Oblivious to Gibbs growing ire, Kagome's conversation went on after pause of silence. "So everything isn't alright." Kagome opened her mouth to speak but Kouga quickly cut her off. "I'm not stupid like that mutt Kagome. What. Happened?" his voice was filled with demand and it made Kagome twitch.

Wasn't she the one in charge?

Kagome huffed. "Look Kouga, not right now. We'll talk when I get back, 'kay?." she said slowly, hoping he'd understand the silent message. I'm not exactly alone.

Kouga groaned. "Kami onna, you're keeping me in suspense. Okay, whatever, I'll wait until you get-" a bout of barking interrupting. "Fucking hell! Damn it Kagome, whatever. Just get home and quick. Your damn mutt's been on my ass the whole day!"

"He's not a mutt!" Kagome argued back indigently. "He's a purebreed." Kagome rolled her eyes in exasperation. "Did you feed Fluffy-sama?" she ignored the flat stare Gibbs sent her as he mouthed the name in distaste.  

Fluffy-sama?


"I'm not gonna get my hand bitten off by that mutt! Feed him yourself, onna!!"

Kagome gaped. "You can't just let him starve!!" Her voice suddenly changed to sweet and pleading. "Please Kouga? Feed him for me? I don't know when I can get back..." she trailed off, hitching her voice in the right place.

Gibbs shook his head, too confused to know what to feel at the moment. "You can go home Kagome. Get some rest. Feed your dog. You're cleared,"  he told her, voice tinged with exasperation at the one-sided conversation he was hearing.

Kagome beamed at him. "Thanks Jethro!"

Kouga's voice barking at her remembered their conversation. "Who the fuck was that Kagome?" he asked sharply. "'Thanks Jethro!" he mocked in a high pitched voice, making Kagome twitch again. "Who's Jethro? Is he why you can't leave?! Cleared for what?!"

Kagome cringed at the series of shout, holding the phone away from her ear as she stared in distaste. Once the shouting was over, she placed it near her ear cautiously, unsure whether or not Kouga would burst out again. "I'll be home in a bit Kouga, I'll explain everything then."

Without waiting for a response, she snapped the phone shut. Kagome glanced at Gibbs, who was eying her suspiciously. "What?"

A silver raised eyebrow was her answer. "Friend of yours?" he asked indifferently, his voice only slightly tinged with skillfully veiled jealousy.

Nonetheless, a slow smirk crossed Kagome's voice. "Why Jethro, if I didn't know better, I'd say you were jealous," she teased in a sly voice of hers.

To his credit, Gibbs looked unfazed. "Not jealous, curious," he corrected her with a mask of aloofness.

Kagome bit her lip, trying not to laugh. "Riiiiight..." she said wryly. "Actually, Kouga is a very dear friend of mine. He's also my roommate, and one of my partners from Japan."

Gibbs blinked. "Your partner?"

She nodded, smirking. "You're not the only one who gets to be a leader of their own team..."

--o--o--o--o--

Kagome was barely able to enter the apartment without being mowed over.

"KA-GO-ME!" Kouga bellowed, bee-lining towards the unsuspecting woman.

Kagome's eyes snapped wide at the oncoming blur and sidestepped it just in time before any collision.

'Bam!'

Kagome snickered as Kouga slammed into the door, the walls rattling from the impact.

Sharp barking followed quickly and Kagome dropped to a crouch on the ground, arms open wide. "Rai!!" she squealed as a pure white, medium sized dog jumped into her arms, licking her face once in greeting. Kagome grinned as she scratched under his muzzle, the dogs' eyes fluttering shut at action and happy grunts escaping his muzzle. "Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy!" Kagome cooed in a baby voice.

By now, Kouga was able to peel himself from the door, and he shook his head in disgust at the scene. "Now that is just pathetic..." he muttered under his breath.

Apparently it wasn't quiet enough as the two in front of him separated to turn in glare at him. Rai bared his teeth, letting out a growl. Kagome herself was an even scarier sight, hands fisted upon her hip and eyes narrowed into a cold glare. "Hey Fluffy-sama, what do you think about getting our lovely friend Kouga here a collar of his very own...?" Kagome asked nonchalantly, before her lips tilted up in a sadistic smirk.

Chills ran down Kouga's spine, and he stiffened.

"One very similar to Inuyasha's..." Kagome continued, drawling out slowly in a overly sweet tone.

Kouga gulped at the very thought of the threat.

Rai himself seemed to grin a doggy sadistic grin. He yipped lowly, almost sounding like snickering.    

Kouga glared at the dog, but soon dropped it and paled promptly at Kagome's next words,

"Hmm, I believe that's a yes. I'm sure I have the beads somewhere..." Kagome trailed off thoughtfully, her head tilted cutely.

"No!" Kouga practically squeaked out, before clearing out his throat, straightening himself. "I mean...no, that's not necessary...I'm...sorry..." he mumbled out, almost indiscernible.

Kagome smiled sweetly at him. "You're forgiven," she said simply.

The wolf demon rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. So tell me, who is this Jethro guy?"

Kagome shook her head wryly. "He's an NCIS agent, like us."

He blinked, and leaned back into the door. "Okay, so explain why he had to clear you for you to leave?"

Kagome frowned sadly, remembering she wasn't able to tell Kouga about what happened yet. "You know that meeting with Damon, Sarah, and Taro?"

Kouga nodded.

"Well...it didn't turn out too well..." she mumbled under her breath.

Kouga's body went rigid. "What happened?" he breathed out, instantly knowing it wouldn't be good.

Kagome looked away, shoulders drooping. "There was an attack before the meeting. Taro, he's in a coma still. Sarah's okay, she's awake. Damon...he didn't make it..." she trailed off, before going on, explaining what happened; the attack, NCIS coming to the scene and arresting her. interrogating her, and then holding her until they cleared her.

However, she skipped over the part about her date with the older American agent...

By now, Rai was by Kagome's side, pawing at her foot and letting out a low whine, sensing the pain of his owner.

At the end of Kagome's explanations, Kouga's fists were clenched tight, his tan knuckles turning a pale white. "Fucking bastards..." he muttered under his breath.

Kagome nodded sagely. "I had to explain the basics to Gibbs. I told him about Souta..." she murmured.

Kouga sent her a somber look.

The miko sighed. "But I didn't give him the whole story. Vance is the only one here who knows the full story, so I'm tiptoeing on a thin line, especially since he assigned Gibbs and his team to assist me."

A thoughtful look passed over Kouga's face. "Just give them desk duty. We can do the field work on or own, and under the radar if needed. We can even call in the rest of the team if we have to..." he murmured in suggestion.

Kagome nodded. "Yeah, that's what I was planning to do anyways. This is too dangerous, especially for regular agents who don't have a clue on what's going on."

Kouga nodded, agreeing.
 
After a moment, Kagome spoke. "Well, I'm gonna grab a bite to eat before freshening up. Then we can get started on tracking these bastards down," she told him, before turning on her heel and walking further into her apartment.

Kouga's eyes widened in panic, and he opened his mouth to stop her but it was too late. He didn't follow, just waited for the inevitable.

"What the hell?!?" Kagome screeched, making Kouga winced and Rai let out a low murmur, his ears flattened to his skull.

Kouga sneered at the dog. "This is all your fault, mutt,"

The dog let out something akin to a snort, and turned to stare at him coolly and, curiously, tauntingly as well. If dogs could speak, he would be saying 'Either way, I'm not the one that will get in trouble...'

Kagome stormed out, glaring solely at Kouga. "What the hell happened in the kitchen?!" she demanded hotly. "It's a freaking mess in there!"

It looked like numerous articles of clothing and  various items were dragged in there, either shredded to pieces or chewed up.

Kouga grunted, crossing his arms. "Don't look at me Kags, your little bitch did the damage this time,"

At the 'bitch' insult, Rai bared his teeth in a silent snarl.

Kouga snorted, rolling his eyes. "Oh, I'm sorry, is mutt better?" he asked sarcastically.

Now Rai was verbally snarling.

Kagome snapped, "Stop it, both of you!"

Kouga smirked, "Ha. Ha. Looks like your master doesn't love you so much after all!" he taunted gleefully.

Rai let out a low whine, staring solely at Kagome with wide puppy dog eyes.

Kagome shook her head, staring at the dog with a cocked eyebrow. "Nice try hon, but I know you, and you know I love you. Try those puppy dog eyes on someone else,"

Rai huffed, looking away, sulking.

Kagome rounded on Kouga now. "Stop being so mean Kouga!" she admonished, as if talking to a little child.

Kouga pouted, "But Kagome, your dog hates me! He makes my life a living hell!" he whined out.

Kagome snorted dryly. "Maybe if you don't call him names, he might be a little nicer. He's a pure breed, male, Akita Inu, not mutt or a bitch,"

Kouga scoffed, "It wouldn't matter if I stopped or not. He hates me. He's always hated me,"

She rolled her eyes. "Fluffy doesn't hate you," she said dismissively.

At this, even Rai looked up at her and shook his head.  

Kouga sent her a flat stare. "Kagome, he hates half the human and demon race. It's like he's programmed to hate any and every man that comes in contact with you,"

If you looked at said dog, the expression in his eyes could only be seen as smug.

Kagome raised an eyebrow at that. "Now that's just a lie, and ridiculous. Rai loves Shippo and Sesshomaru," she retorted insistently.

Her response was a dry snort. "Yeah, funny thing that, since, you know, they're your family,"

Kagome opened her mouth to refute that, but nothing came out. Her mouth closed as her eyebrows furrowed, trying to think of a counter. She couldn't.

Kouga smirked. "Exactly. He's a damn hell hound bent on chewing up and spitting out anyone of the male species that comes within five feet of you."

Kagome twitched. "Whatever!" she muttered, before changing the subject. She turned to Rai. "And you boy, you gotta give Kouga a break..." she trailed of when the dog seemed to send her a flat stare. "...sometimes..." she relented, exasperated.

Kouga sent her an incredulous look. "Kagome!" he exclaimed.

Kagome shrugged, "What?! At least it's something,"

Kouga groaned, running a hand over his shaking head.

The woman crossed her arms. "Now, you wanna tell me what happened?" she prompted dryly.

Kouga blatantly pointed at the white furry male next to him. "He went on a freaking rampage!" he exclaimed to her.

Her eyebrows furrowed. "Any reason why?"

"Other than that he's a psychotic beast?!" Kouga blurted out.

Kagome narrowed her eyes sharply. "Cute."

Kouga threw up his hands. "I don't freaking know! After a few hours, he started acting up and wouldn't leave me the fuck alone. He was all restless and shit and went into the kitchen to do the damage."

Kagome stared at him for a few seconds, before face-palming. "You didn't take him out, did you?" she groaned out.

Kouga blinked. "Was I supposed to?" he asked dumbly.

Kagome sweatdropped. "Rai was bored, Kouga. So he found something to entertain himself. Mainly destroying things."

Now it was Kouga's turn to stare at her. "What kind of dog do you have Kagome?!" he asked incredulously.  

"Since Akita's are incredibly intelligent, they get bored easily," she justified.

As if understanding her, Rai rose and trotted to her side, plopping down right to her. Kagome unconsciously reached down to scratch behind his ears.  

 Kouga snorted dryly. "So explain to me exactly why he only destroyed my shit?" he demanded.

Kagome smiled impishly. "They're also very loyal too..."

At this, Rai stuck out his tongue and panted, letting out a happy, and smug, grunt.

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-

Words- 2,058

Sooo, what do you think? Like it? Love it? Hate it? :// Hopefully not the last one, lol.

Oh wow, you have nooo idea how much I loved writing this! Especially the last part between Kouga and Rai, the Akita Inu, who by the way if any of you are confused, is nicknamed Fluffy lol. ^^ It was sooo fun!! Hahahahh, hopefully you all enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it! XDD

Also, HUMONGOUS shout-out to Bishonen'sFoxyMiko!!! XDD This wonderful person has given me sooooo many ideas for all of my NCIS fics. Particularly for the idea for the dog in this fic! She not only gave me the idea to have Kagome bring a dog over from Japan (because of the fact a certain silver-haired agent likes working dogs ;)) but she gave me a list of perfect possible dog breeds. And to top it all off, she even went so far for helping me pick out a very suitable name, 'Rai' which means 'Trust; lighting; thunder'.

Thank you soooo much!! XDD If I haven't said it before, I'll say it now, I love ya hahaah!! XD

Till next time,
RainLily^^

Converting /tmp/phpm1zpDV to /dev/stdout