InuYasha Fan Fiction / Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Taboo ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Prologue - Preview

-

"Father, I have sinned," she murmured, closing her eyes as if to block out the memory of what she'd done.

On the other side of the grate, Father Takichi of the St. Francis Catholic Church in West Tokyo, sighed and nodded. "Go on, child, he replied.

Kagome, despite not being even remotely, by any stretch of the imagination Christian, did. "Father, I killed a man today. It was an accident..."

"What the hell?! I can't stand women like you, Kagome!" he screamed, fed up with her wishing for a man long-dead.

Kagome, hurt, balled her hands up into fists. "Fine! How 'bout we just end it then?!"

"Fine with me!" he retorted snidely.

"Fine!" She shoved him and spun away, but upon hearing glass shatter, she turned back, face draining of color as he fell out the window. "No! Oh kami, HOJO!!"

"... but it still happened."

Father Takichi sighed again. "Oh, dear child..." he murmured sympathetically.

"I didn't even want him to die!" she went on, beginning another bout of crying. "It was just a stupid argument; we would have made up by midnight. But now he's... he's gone, and... Father, I don't know what to do!"

"Pray with me?" he asked, peering through the grate at the pretty woman sitting there. She met his gaze, blue eyes sparkling with tears, and he bowed his head. "Heavenly father, we ask of you this night..."

-

R&R! Tell me what you think.