InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Weather Witch ❯ Tornado ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Feudal Weather Witch
by ElysianKiss

Tornado

InuYasha stopped suddenly, allowing Logan to slide off his back. His heart was pounding madly as he beheld Kikyo's angered gaze. A light breeze caressed him and swept Kikyo's alluring scent around him. His golden orbs widened in shock. Her scent, it was sharper more sweet. Kikyo...was alive?! He glanced her over and noticed the usually pallid color of her skin was a soft peach. He could hear the steady beating of her heart and see the light in her usually dull brown eyes. However, that also confused him. Kikyo's eyes, were no longer the chocolate color of before, they were a deep burgundy.
Logan watched as InuYasha looked over the strange woman in priestess clothing. He could smell the kid's surprise, confusion, and desire. The last surprised Logan considering the kid didn't normally project such a feeling except toward Kagome. He turned to face the strange woman and a sudden sweep of recognition dawned on him. Somehow, he knew her. He narrowed his eyes as he realized Mesmero was there and wondered if he was controlling the woman. He also took note of a man in a baboon pelt. He didn't think the kid had eyes for anything but the woman, so he probably had yet to notice the odds.
Kikyo faced them calmly, allowing them time to take in her appearance. Now that she was alive once again, she could allow herself more patience. When she felt she had given them enough time, she swiftly raised her bow and cocked an arrow. The tip glowed crimson with tainted energy. InuYasha's golden eyes widened again as he was forced to dodge the powerful arrow.
It was then that the other two beings made it to his mental registry. He narrowed his eyes as he saw Naraku. Immediately, he drew Tetsusaiga and charged into battle. This left Logan to battle Mesmero and Kikyo for now. But it seemed Mesmero was content to merely watch the battle. As InuYasha fought all out against Naraku, Logan was forced to face the mystery woman.
Kikyo narrowed her eyes at him dangerously.
"You will pay for you did," she announced.
"I don't know what you're talking about, lady," Logan replied.
"You are the reincarnation of my father. And you will pay for his sins!" Kikyo declared, cocking another arrow and letting it fly.
Logan sliced at the arrow, only to be thrown back by the explosion of tainted energy it created. He slammed into a nearby tree and shook himself. With a growl he leaped into battle. Never mind this was a woman, she was dangerous with those powers of hers. He would fight her. As Kikyo continued to direct arrows at Logan, he dodged and leapt out of the way, brandishing his claws.
InuYasha was having a difficult time with Naraku. When the pelted one transformed into a beast of tentacles, he knew it was a puppet and not the real Naraku. He used Tetsusaiga regardless, knowing that even if this meant Naraku was not at the castle, he still had to get rid of the puppet. The puppet threw sharp tentacles at InuYasha, hoping to impale the nuisance.
"The reincarnation of your father?" Logan asked, between dodges, "Then why are ya tryin' to kill me, darlin'?"
Kikyo's gaze softened at the endearment and then hardened just as quickly.
"You left us. Mother died and I had no choice in what I became, all because of you! Don't you call me 'darling' as if you care!! You have no right!" she thundered as she charged a particularly large blast into an arrow.
The arrow tore through Logan's right shoulder. He snarled in pain and rage. Kikyo smirked in self satisfaction. As soon as she finished this pathetic reincarnation she would take care of InuYasha, the other betrayer in her life.
InuYasha screamed in pain as a tentacle pierced his abdomen. He fell to his knees, grasping Tetsusaiga to keep him upright. He panted heavily as he beheld the incoming tentacles. He took a quick glance toward Logan and Kikyo. They were far enough away, so he nodded his head in decision. He stood, unsteadily, and lifted Tetsusaiga. He had only done this a few times, but he was confidant after having practiced with Kirara. He dodged blow after blow, waiting for the right moment with his energy and the energy in the puppet would converge and create the wind scar. Finally, the moment he had been hoping for.
"There!" he screamed as he channeled the ultimate power of the Tetsusaiga, disintegrating the puppet.
At the battlefield outside the village, the real Naraku frowned. The half demon had disposed of his puppet. No matter, Kikyo and Mesmero were still there and he had no doubts it would keep him busy and unable to help his friends. He faced the group that dared to fight against his power. The monk, the demon exterminator, the reincarnation, the fire cat, and others he had never seen before. One had skin was as dark as night and the other had hair that was vibrant like fire, yet strangely streaked in white. The latter he paid particular attention to. Her entire demeanor was darker than the others. Her lips were painted black and her eyes shadowed in a dark violet, which contrasted with the impossibly pale color of her skin. He smirked and decided he would watch that one. Without further hesitation, he waved his hand and his hoard of demons converged upon the small group.
Kagome stood ready as demons charged the group. She and Storm took to the skies together, using their powers over weather to keep most of the demons at bay. Sesshomaru was surprised by this new power the young priestess showed. His keen ears picked up on the encouragements from Storm, and he knew the entrancing woman was the girl's teacher. He watched, as if under a spell, when Storm called forth cyclones and pouring rains, her silver hair floating in the hostile air and her eyes glowing a beautiful silver. It supremely surprised him as Kagome played the role of backup, calling the power of lightening to her aid.
Sango and Miroku fought off the demons that made it close to their group by hand; Sango astride Kirara with her boomerang, Hiraikotsu, and Miroku with his staff. He was prevented from using the wind tunnel because Naraku had unleashed a swarm of those poisonous demon bees. Rogue joined them, fighting off the demons with her bare hands. She was having the toughest time of all, scared of absorbing one of those disgusting creatures. Sango tossed Rogue her katana, seeing that the young woman was weapon less. She wondered what exactly Rogue's power was since she didn't seem to be using it. Rogue caught the katana and looked at it for a moment before using it as best as someone inexperienced can.
Miroku cried out as he was sliced in the side. His staff clattered to the ground near Rogue. She quickly scooped it up and ran to give it back to him. But before she could reach him, a particularly large demon threw him against a far off tree. The monk lost consciousness. Rogue dodged some demons and fought others as she went to check on him.
"Miroku! Miroku, are ya alright?!" she asked.
She turned to see the battle, it was quickly going downhill for Sango since she and Miroku were out. Rogue knew she wasn't much help in this case. If only she could absorb some of Storm or Deluge's powers to help out. But that would mean one of them would have to stop their assault and that could prove deadly. Miroku stirred and looked up at her.
"Rogue," he said, "Help me get to Lady Sango."
"But you're hurt," she responded.
"No matter. I must help her. I will use my wind tunnel, even if I die."
"Die?!"
"You see those insects? When I open my wind tunnel they will fly straight in and poison me. But if I don't we'll have too many demons to fight."
Rogue furrowed her brow in thought. She looked at Miroku's beat up form.
"I can take it better than you at the moment, Miroku."
"I'm certain you can, but how do you intend to acquire a wind tunnel in the next few minutes?" he asked in good natured sarcasm.
"You're askin' the right girl for once, I'm sorry," she said, taking off a glove and putting her finger to Miroku's head.
Miroku grunted in shock and fell back to unconsciousness. Rogue's felt the new wind tunnel developing on her right hand. She quickly borrowed Miroku's prayer beads and wrapped it around her glove. The wind tunnel calmed and she ran into battle.
Naraku saw this and his eyes narrowed. The red haired one had stolen the monk's kazaana? This was an interesting turn of events. He watched as Rogue stood in front of Sango and unleashed her wind tunnel. Everyone was shocked at this as the demons were pulled in, as well as the poisonous insects. Rogue grunted but held firm, taking in as many demons as possible, fighting the effects of the poison on her body.
"Rogue!" Kagome called, "Rogue, stop!"
"No! I can take it! This is what Miroku wanted, I can do it!"
Beads of sweat formed on her forehead and she started to feel lightheaded and weak. Still she kept going until the number of demons was considerably decreased. She then covered the wind tunnel with her glove and Miroku's prayer beads, falling to the ground in a dead faint. Her breathing was shallow and quick.
Kagome flew to Rogue's side and checked her temperature and her hand. The wind tunnel was closing which meant the transfer was almost done and the real wind tunnel was not covered by the prayer beads. She quickly took Rogue to Miroku who was waking up. The monk retrieved his prayer beads and placed them over his wind tunnel just in time. He looked to the unconscious Rogue.
"So...that was her power," he mumbled.
Kagome nodded and rejoined the battle as Storm's backup. There were less demons to fight off now and the three of them: Storm, Deluge, and Sango, were doing well.
Naraku frowned and waved Kohaku forward. The boy charged into battle, straight toward Sango. The young demon exterminator was conflicted, simply blocking her brother's attacks. Kagome threw Kohaku away from Sango with a strong blast of wind, just enough to give them space. She couldn't hurt Kohaku because of Sango. Sango shot Kagome a grateful look.
Sesshomaru continued to watch the battle. He also had been shocked when the girl had taken on the monk's kazaana. However, his interest once again resumed on Storm. She was a powerful one. He could tell she wasn't a demon, nor was she a regular human. She held grace, power, and beauty. He smirked, watching her display of power as her visage finally showed an emotion, anger.
Kagome closed her eyes in the middle of the battle, channeling her priestess powers. She determined that it was time for a field test. Pink energy glowed around her floating form and her eyes opened to show pink light. She extended her hand and bolts of pink laced lightening rushed at the hoard of demons. She had successfully merged her priestess energy with her mutant power. The purifying lightening crashed through many demons, destroying them effectively.
Naraku could tell his defeat was imminent. He ordered the last of his hoard to attack the group and swept by Kohaku, stealing the jewel shard from the boys back. Sango cried out as her brother fell to the earth before her, dead once again. She cradled him in her lap, her shoulders shaking in pure rage at Naraku. Storm and Deluge continued to right off the demons. Miroku and Sesshomaru where only ones to see Naraku's approach. Sesshomaru did nothing, but Miroku stood up and held his staff ready.
"Do you really think you stand a chance against me in your current state, monk?" Naraku asked with an evil smirk.
Miroku clutched his injured side and held his staff in a defensive position. Naraku merely laughed and blasted Miroku back with a wave of miasma. The monk grunted and landed hard on the ground, rolling over a few times. When he looked up Naraku was gone, so was Rogue.
"No! Rogue!" Miroku called out.
Sesshomaru watched as Naraku took the one who could steal powers in his arms and flew off on a cloud of miasma. He wondered what the half demon planned to do with the human. The battle soon came to an end as all the demons were destroyed by Kagome's priestess power, Sango's boomerang, and Storm's power. The girls soon surrounded Miroku.
"Naraku took Rogue," he said in english, "I couldn't stop him."
"It's alright, Miroku. We're not placing the blame on you. You were injured," Storm replied.
"Arigato," he whispered in Japanese.
"Let's head back to the village and take care of your injuries, Miroku," Kagome insisted, "You too Sango."
"Alright," Sango agreed, "I want to bury Kohaku as well."
"We should try to find Rogue as soon as possible. If Naraku manages to take control of her it could be devastating with her power," Miroku voiced.
"I agree," Sesshomaru spoke, revealing himself.
"Sesshomaru!" Kagome gasped, "How long have you been here."
"I saw the entire battle," he replied, looking at Storm up close.
Storm narrowed her eyes at him. She had seen him hiding as they battled for their lives. She had taken a dislike to him and was distrustful of his presence. She wished for once that she could speak Japanese so she could understand what was being said.
Back at Naraku's castle, Kikyo was taking InuYasha and Logan both by herself. Mesmero had disappeared and left her alone. It didn't matter to her. She was strong enough, thanks to the Shikkon, to take them both and win. InuYasha was blown back. He clutched his bleeding bicep. That last arrow could have nearly impaled his arm, had he not been quick enough to dodge.
Logan managed to weave and in and out of Kikyo's arrows and get closer to her. Kikyo's temper was flaring.
"I don't care who you think I am," Logan began, "But I'm not your father and you have no reason to take out your petty problems on me!"
"Petty problems?!" Kikyo sputtered.
"From what I gather you should already be dead," Logan continued, having had a chance to hear Kikyo's story from InuYasha between dodging arrows, "I can help!"
"Hah! Foolish man! I will kill you for the betrayal your past life inflicted on me! I will kill you both!"
"Kikyo, please," InuYasha called to her, "Don't do this! You're alive again, you don't need to seek revenge!"
"I live only because of my revenge," she snarled, "I can't believe I loved a whelp like you once."
InuYasha's eyes watered, but he would not cry as he wanted. He had learned that emotions like that were weak. He would not be weak, not even for Kikyo. Kikyo kept her heated burgundy gaze on InuYasha, giving Logan room to move in closer. She was brought viciously back to reality as she felt her bow slice in half. She turned to stare into the face of the man who held her father's soul. She extended her hand and touched his shoulder, sending crackling crimson energy through him.
Logan howled in pain and struggled to keep hold of himself in the midst of the pain. Flashes of memories from his prior life flashed before him. Kikyo, his daughter. He had left them on a lame excuse, not being man enough to accept his responsibilities. His eyes softened even as her power surged through his body causing unimaginable pain.
"Ki-chan," he whispered, "I'm sorry...darling."
Kikyo's eyes softened to a chocolatey brown in that instant, and then widened as she felt three warm metal claws pierce her chest. She made strangled noises of pain as her energy dwindled to nothing, the jewel fragment within her having been knocked out through her back. She felt the warmth of her blood flow over her bosom as his claws retracted from her flesh. She looked back at him them.
"Why, daddy?"
"I couldn't let my little girl live a life of vengeance, Ki-chan. I love you. And I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you," he spoke.
Kikyo's eyes watered and tears flowed down her cheeks.
"I'm sorry, daddy," she whispered, "I just..."
"It's alright," Logan said, cradling her to his chest, "I know. Shhh...."
InuYasha cried then. He feel to his knees and cried. Kikyo turned to him and smiled a sad smile.
"I really did love you, InuYasha. I'm sorry for all the pain I caused," she breathed, "Kagome...loves you. And...I know you love her as well. Be happy...InuYasha."
Kikyo's eyes closed, her heartbeat slowed to nothing, and her breath stopped. She had a calm serene look upon her face. Her skin rapidly turned pale and then with a strong gust of wind, it blew out of Logan's fingers like fine sand, her soul shining brilliantly and flying off toward Kagome. Not even her priestess robes remained. Logan closed his eyes, his memories of his past life, they were fading. He wanted to hang onto them, they were the only happy memories he had. He grasped at the fading wisps of memory in his mind, but he could not. He punched the ground in frustration.
Kanna picked up the jewel fragment, fading back into the castle to wait for Naraku. She knew he was coming back, and with a guest. She silently walked to one of the servants who somehow knew what she wanted, and began preparing a room. Meanwhile, InuYasha and Logan composed themselves and left the castle. It was obvious they could not complete their mission for now. Logan once again made himself comfortable on InuYasha's back as they headed back to the village.
Kagura helped to bandage Miroku as Kagome bandaged Sango. She frowned with every flinch from Miroku. And she had to restrain herself from slapping the monk unconscious for his attempt to grope her. Her lips formed a thin line as she felt a tug from Naraku. He was planning something horrible for Rogue. She knew it. She could only hope that Rogue was strong enough to survive it and come back to her friends.
"Kagura, is something wrong?" Kagome asked.
"It's...nothing," she said, forcing a smile.
"I hope Lady Rogue is all right," Miroku spoke, "She took the poison in my place. For that I am in her debt."
"I'm sure that whatever Naraku wanted with her, he needs her alive," Kagome said, "That may not be much comfort, but at least she'll be relatively safe. Right?"
"With Naraku, you never know," Sango said quietly, still red eyed from her tears.
They had buried Kohaku properly just outside the village. Sango was still heartbroken from her brother's death. She would never forgive Naraku for making her witness it twice.
Suddenly, Kagome cried out. She clutched a hand over her chest. She'd seen it come at her rapidly, an orb of white. It hit her square in the chest, and went into her body. She could feel the change. She felt whole. Everyone was by her side when she came out of her disorientation.
"Kagome-chan, are you alright?" Sango asked.
"Yeah, Kagome, are you okay?!" Shippo asked apprehensively.
"I'm fine. But...Kikyo is dead," she whispered, looking up at Kaede.
"Ay. I saw that part of your soul enter ye," she nodded, "May Kikyo rest in peace."
Kagome smiled a sad smile. All of Kikyo's memories as she walked the earth with that part of Kagome's soul were merging into Kagome's mind. She wiped a tear from her eye and closed them tightly.
"All her memories while she was here...all her emotions, I can feel them," she whispered.
"What does this mean?" Miroku asked.
"When a soul is reincarnated, it's memories of the past are locked away. However, since Kikyo was brought back by Urusae...her memories were activated in the soul once again. And when the soul returned to Kagome...it brought the memories with it as well," Kaede answered, "And it seems, it also increased Kagome's power."
"And I know how to control it," Kagome answered in awe, "I know everything Kikyo knew. I...I feel so sorry for her. I never knew what kind of life she led until now. She was always so sad, so lonely. I understand."
It was then that InuYasha and Logan arrived at the hut. Logan came in first, he didn't speak and merely sat in a corner. Kagome looked at him sadly.
"She forgives you," Kagome whispered.
Logan looked up at her in shock and realized what InuYasha had said was true. The soul that kept Kikyo alive had returned to Kagome. InuYasha sat next to Kagome and looked searchingly into her eyes. She looked back at him and smiled.
InuYasha pulled her outside. He walked with her into the forest, leading her to the Goshinboku tree, then suddenly pulled her into a sweet embrace.
"I heard that you have Kikyo's memories," he whispered, "I don't want you to hate me, Kagome."
"I could never hate you, InuYasha," she replied, "I may have Kikyo's memories, but I'm still Kagome."
"I know that," he replied, "You were never Kikyo. You two are different. I realized that a long time ago. And I..."
He couldn't bring himself to say more and simply held Kagome in his arms.
"I know," Kagome whispered, content to merely hug him in return.