InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Girl, Dog, and Death ❯ The Mirror Eyes ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Amora: Most of you won't be familiar with the character that I added. That is okay you don't need to know anything about him. I'll explain everything in later chapters.

This is a Kagome/ Inu-Yasha. I their are any other pairings please tell me. I might put them in. :p
Disclaimer: I do not own Inu-Yasha or Raistlin.
* * *
"When are we going to get there?" whined Shippo. "Oh quit complaining at least you get to ride on the bike!" said Inu-Yasha.
Miroku yawned and Sango shook her head. Kagome chuckled.
"We'll be there soon." she said. "Sango says that there is a village about a mile from here.
"A mile, that's so long!" Shippo complained.
"Hey! We have to run a mile every Wednesday so be happy!"
Inu-Yasha snorted. "It's just a mile. Girls are just weak." Kagome hit him on the head. "What?!" Everyone continued on. "What? What did I say?" He ran after them.

"What's with this village?" asked Kagome. The people in the village were running around in confusion. Kagome for some reason had a very bad feeling about it. "What do you think happened? A demon attack?" Inu-Yasha sniffed and shook his head.
"No I don't smell any demon blood in this village. However, there is a smell that I have never smelt of before." Miroku and Sango kept stopping villagers to see if any of them knew what is going on. All they got out of them was 'Sky' and 'Man'.
Inu-Yasha hadn't talked at all since he said that there wasn't any demon. Kagome was worried it wasn't like him to act this way. Finally when it seemed that they wouldn't get anywhere they overheard a conversation between to villagers.
"Fel' ot' of the sky they say. Looks like death he dos'. Dres'ed in all black." Inu-Yasha grabbed the yammering villager.
"Where is he?" he asked angrily.
""At an in'. down the stre't." Inu-Yasha dropped the man and looked over at Kagome.
"We should go see who it is." she told him.

* * *

There was a large crowd by the inn. Everyone was talking at the same time. Words like 'Death' and 'fell' kept popping up. When the group finally made their way to the front door. The inn keeper was blocking the door.
"I'm sorry, but you can't see him. He's sick." Miroku walked up to the man.
"Excuse me sir I'm a priest perhaps I can help?" The man nodded and led the group inside shutting the inn door and locking it.
"It be'n ter'ible. The poor bloke is burnin' up with a fever. He hasn't woke up since he's got here. Ke'ps tossin' and turnin'. Think he might be havin' a nightmare."
The inn keeper slid open a door into a room.
A man that was dressed in all black robs was laying on the bed. He tossed and turned muttering. Miroku knelt next to him.
"Please leave us." he said to the inn keeper. The inn keeper bowed and left.
Miroku put his hand on the man's forehead, but quickly retracted it.
"What is it?" asked Kagome.
"The inn keeper wasn't joking when he said this man was burning up. I can't even touch him." A pale hand reached out and grabbed Miroku's wrist.
"Caramon..." the man said weakly. Miroku's face was in pain, but he put his other hand on top of the man's.
"Shhh. It's okay." he said quietly. The man's eyes suddenly opened wide and he sat up.
"Where am I?" he asked in whisper.
"You are in a village in japan." The man blinked.
"Japan?" he asked uncertain. "What, planet is this?"
Miroku looked at Kagome bewildered. " Earth." he answered. The man's hand tightened its grip on Miroku's and he flinched.
"I think you should let him go now." said Kagome coming to sit by the man. The pale hand let go of the wrist. The man turned his head to face Kagome. She nearly gasped. His eyes were like mirrors she could see her reflection perfectly in them, but only it wasn't her reflection at the same time.
"My name is Kagome." she began. "What's yours?"
"Raistlin. Raistlin Mejere." he said quietly. Kagome pointed behind her.
"Miroku is the man by me. And the women behind me is Sango and the dog boy behind her is Inu-Yasha." Raistlin looked at everyone in turn. HIs gaze lingered on Inu-Yasha. "And this is Shippo." Kagome said pointing to the fox on her shoulder. Raistlin looked away from the demon dog. He smiled at Shippo.
Suddenly he began to cough uncontrollably and laid back down. HIs breathing became staggered. "Rest...." he said quietly and then fell asleep. Kagome stood up and they all excited the room.

~Outside behind the inn~

Kagome turned to everyone. "What do you think?" she asked. Miroku was the first to reply.
"He is.... different then anyone I've met. His eyes are very strange..."
"I didn't sense that he was evil." said Sango. "In fact I couldn't sense anything from him at all." Kagome nodded. She had felt the same way. Raistlin seemed different from anyone she ever met.
"What do you think Inu-Yasha?" asked Shippo. Inu-Yasha just shrugged.
"What does it matter. He's a weak human. We shouldn't be wasting out time on him. We should be finding out where Naraku is and looking for the rest of the jewel shards!" he said angrily.
"Inu-Yasha," Miroku replied calmly as though talking to a child. "Everyone of us is anxious to find Naraku, but there is something about this man that I can;t place."
"Yeah," agreed Sango. "And he fell from the sky or so say the villagers" Inu-Yasha snorted.
"Besides he's sick." Kagome told them. "It wouldn't feel right to just leave him." Inu-Yasha snorted again and walked away. The others looked at each other.

'Fine let them be that way.' thought Inu-Yasha. 'Stupid human.' He jumped from roof to roof. Finally finding a tree to sit in. HIs mind wandered back to when the humans eyes had met his.
When he had looked into those eyes he had seen himself powerful and he had seen Kagome she was.... Inu-Yasha shook his head. Anyway, it was as though those eyes had told him "I can help you. I can make you have this." Inu-Yasha looked up and watched the sun set.

* * *

Amora: I'm sorry that was very short. I hope the other chapters can be longer and that I'll get them out soon! Oh and to anyone else who is reading my other fics. I am so sorry! I haven't been able to do much lately to busy..... anyway Review!