InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Girl, Dog, and Death ❯ Gold Coins and Dreams ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Amora: Haha I actually got this up! No way! Oookay right sorry about the errors last time i reread it to late *sighs* okay hear is the first chapter. Read and Review

***

Raistlin sat up slowly. He began to cough and a young girl ran into the room. She had flowing black hair and wore a sailors outfit.

"Here," she said as she began to pour hot water into a hot pad that had been at the bottom of his feet. "This'll help." A pale hand suddenly grabbed her wrist.

"Wait," he told her. He took out a small bag and picked up a cup that had been placed by his bed. Dumping out the water already in it into the hot pad. He poured the hot water into the cup. Taking out some leaves he put it into the water.

Almost instantly the room filled with a horrible smell that the girl had to plug her nose. "What is that?" she asked.

"It helps my cough," Raistlin replied drinking it. "Kagome."

"Hey, you remembered. It's just that when you were last awake it was a few days ago, so I wasn't sure if you remembered or not." A few moments later Raistlin had finished the foul smelling drink. Kagome sighed. The smell went away as soon as he finished it.

"How can you drink that?" she asked. Raistlin shrugged.

"It's better then having a cough." At that moment Miroku, Sango, and Shippo came in. Miroku smiled.

"Ah, you're awake." he said. "That's good." Raistlin's eyes went to the staff in Miroku's hand. Then they dropped down again. "Oh, yes. The inn keeper said that he has the staff that was next to you when you fell form..the...um...sky." Raistlin smirked. 'The sky, hm?' thought Raistlin. His eyes went up to Miroku's.

The priest shivered. He saw his reflection in the mirror like eyes. He didn't have the wind tunnel anymore. Naraku was lying at his feet and there were a bunch of girls all around him.

Raistlin's eyes shimmered with amusement. Miroku took a step back. "I'll go get it." he said quickly and left. Shippo crawled up on Raistlin's shoulder.

"Are you really death?" he asked him.

"No I'm not." Raistlin said smiling. "Would you like to see a trick?" Shippo looked at him curious then nodded. Raistlin took a gold coin out of his robs and began to make it roll easily over his fingers. Then he threw it up into the air and it vanished. Shippo gasped in delight. The coin then appeared on top of Kagome's head. Shippo clapped.

Kagome started to pick up the coin on her head, but it disappeared and reappeared in Raistlin's hand. Kagome looked at the black robed man. 'How?' she asked herself.

Shippo was looking at the coin intently as though he were willing it to do something, when Miroku came in with a staff that had a blue crystal ball on it. He handed it to Raistlin who looked at Miroku.

"You must be a powerful magical user to be able to touch The Staff of Magius." Then he said more to himself. "Then again I am on a different plane." He smiled a smile that made both Sango and Miroku shiver. "I am a magic user also."

The door burst open and Inu-Yasha. "If your all done fusing over this human. Then I suggest that we go now."

"Indeed, half-breed we should." said Raistlin. Inu-Yasha stared into the magi's eyes refusing to see himself.

"Who said you were coming with us?" Inu-Yasha asked.

"I did." Kagome said standing up and facing Inu-Yasha. "He doesn't have anywhere else to go." Kagome smiled down at Raistlin and saw for just a moment the mirrors in his eyes crack to reveal surprise. "But I want to ask you how you knew that Inu-Yasha was only half-demon."

Raistlin looked at her. "I just do."

* * *

Inu-Yasha grumbled as they made their way out of the town. They had decided to go at night so not to attract too much attention. Raistlin had his black hood drawn up over his face so that the only flesh you could see were his pale hands.
Kagome could tell why the villagers had thought he was death. The only sound that he made when he walked were his robes moving. The Staff of Magius was in his hand and it made only a little sound when it hit the ground.

Miroku was walking behind Raistlin. Sango, Kagome, and Inu-Yahsa walked in front. Shippo was riding his shoulder.

Suddenly Kagome stopped. Sango ran into her. "What is it?" she asked.

"I sense some jewel shards." she said. "Over that way." Kagome pointed in the direction of the forest.

"Is it Naraku?" asked Inu-Yasha.

"No. There aren't that many." They continued on into the dark forest. When they got in there no light shown.

"It's like being in a cave." Shippo said. Miroku, Inu-Yasha, and Sango took the front and to Kagome's surprise Raistlin walked behind them.

"I can't see a thing..." muttered Sango.

"Shirak." said a voice from behind them. Sango and Miroku jumped. Light washed over them and they turned around. Raistlin's staff was glowing. It showed them the forest around them. Inu-Yasha sniffed.

"It's a demon. Where is he Kagome? I can't pin point him in the forest." Kagome pointed slightly to their left. Inu-Yasha started off after the demon the others following behind.

Inu-Yasha pulled out the Tetsusaiga the small sword turning into a larger one that he used to cut the trees in front of him.

Kagome looked at The Staff of Magius that was still glowing. The light from the staff made Raistlin's face even paler. Suddenly they all heard a roar. 'That's got to be it!' thought Kagome. It was. Before them towered a demon at least thirty feet tall.

* * *

Amora: Okay that was short too huh? Review.