InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Kage ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome, meanwhile, was gently cradling a baby that was watching her with deep onyx eyes. Upon it's head the beginnings of what looked to be ebony colored hair, much like her own, The only difference was their eyes, her own were a light silver-blue color an unknown side effect from when she had reabsorbed the Shikon no Tama. Something not even she wished to do again. A ten year old boy was laying half in her lap looking up at her with loving jade-green eyes. She was gently humming a lullaby she'd learned long ago in the past. Shippo leaned closer as the melody drifted over him and Kage, whose eyes were closed in a half asleep kind of way.
"Shippo, it's time for school, my kit. Come now, don't moan and groan." her gentle grin got bigger as he continued to groan. Now he knew how she had felt when she'd had to go but now no longer did she. 500 years and enough money to buy most of the southern states, she no longer needed to go, thankfully. She couldn't help but smile at her oldest kit, he was pouting at her. He should have known by know that she wasn't giving in and he was going, whether or not he wanted to.
"But 'Kaa-san! It's just so boring there! You've taught me everything they're trying to. Why couldn't I have just continued to be home schooled?" she rolled her eyes, he argued with her almost every morning. She'd obtained a birth certificate and home school records made for him. When she had let them test him, he'd scored a perfect score. He could have been put in collage, but she had decided against letting him go. No need for all that attention on them. He was placed in 10th instead, the youngest ever to be there or so they thought. She found it infinitely funny that her son was actually over 500 making him the oldest. Kage's records had been created just a few weeks ago by her nii-chan, Sesshomaru. Her eyes softened as she caught sight f the deeply asleep Kage. She'd named him for what she could feel his powers would be. Shadows, control and manipulation. He would have been a dangerous enemy but she would make him even more dangerous though not an enemy. He would be her Shadow as her Shippo was her Flame. She blinked and put her wandering thought back on track.
"Come, Shippo, I wish to know if Logan has the guts to try and spar with me again." she ruffled his hair affectionately before picking up Kage and going to the door and slipping on her shoes.