InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Of Mikos and Elves ❯ Where are we? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"WHAT?" Everyone except Inuyasha and Kikyou yelled, hurting Inuyasha's sensitive ears, but no one quite caring at the moment.

"Hey! Watch the volume!" Inuyasha said, covering his ears.

"What do you mean, Inuyasha?" Kagome asked him.

"Feh. I mean what I said, wench." Inuyasha replied.

The group all turned silent as what Inuyasha meant sunk in. Kikyou would be joining the group.

Everyone looked to Kagome except Inuyasha and Kikyou.

But instead of being angry, she smiled, which they could tell was slightly fake and forced. "At least we'll be able to find shards faster." she said.

Inuyasha nodded. He seemed to want them to think this was the only reason he wanted Kikyou to join them.

Only everyone in the group except Shippou had saw Inuyasha with Kikyou, so they knew the real reason. But even Shippou isn't stupid, and could figure it out.

Inuyasha then followed Kikyou who had started walking on ahead. The rest slowly followed.

Shippou whimpered.

"What is it, Shippou?" Kagome asked.

"The air stinks." he said, and pawed at his nose.

*****

That day, they had found two shards. Inuyasha seemed pleased, and he didn't insult Kagome that much.

But Sango and Miroku could guess the truth. They hadn't been finding any shards before. They knew the shards had something to do with Kikyou's ties to Naraku.

But the worst part was, Kagome had to leave soon. Kikyou could then take Inuyasha to hell with her, have Naraku attack them, or even seal the well to prevent Kagome from coming back.

*****

That night, Kagome approached Inuyasha. He was sitting in a tree, trying to pretend he was watching the group, but everyone could tell he was only watching Kikyou.

"Inuyasha?" Kagome called up to him.

"Feh." was all he said to her, not even giving her a glance.

"I need to go home." she said.

Then he said the words she dreaded to hear, but had somewhat expected ever since Kikyou arrived.

"Feh. Go ahead, bitch. We don't need you anymore, now that Kikyou is here."

*****

Sango and Miroku were speechless. Even with Kikyou now in their group, they never imagined Inuyasha saying that to Kagome.

They saw first Kagome's pain, and they couldn't believe how deep it ran. She had loved him, with all her heart, and he betrayed her. Not just her love, but even her friendship.

Then, Kagome face turned to anger.

"Am I nothing more than a tool to be used, then cast aside to be replaced?" she asked him angrily, yet her voice stayed oddly calm.

"Feh. You thought anything else?" Inuyasha answered, now feeling slightly guilty and scared of her at the moment.

"A friend." she whispered before turning around and running back to the well.

Inuyasha looked at her back with guilt written all over his face. His ears drooped and he sat on the ground in a sulky position.

Kikyou then came up behind him, and put her hands on each of his shoulders. Inuyasha then stood up and got behind Kikyou. He looked at them with emotionless eyes, but said nothing.

Kikyou then readied her bow and arrows that she had hidden behind her.

"What is she doing?" Shippou asked Miroku worriedly.

"She's going to kill us. And we can't stop her." he said grimly.

*****

Kagome reached the well. It really wasn't all that far, but she was panting, for she had ran all the way there without stopping.

She then groaned as she realized she forgot her backpack. Kagome then turned around and ran back to where she left the gang.

When Kagome reached the clearing, she found Kikyou aiming an arrow at Miroku, Sango, and a crying Shippou. But what made her both angry and sad was that Inuyasha was standing behind her, doing nothing to stop Kikyou or save his friends.

She saw Kikyou fire her arrow.

*****

Shippou cried one thing when he saw Kikyou fire her arrow. "MOMMA!"

Kagome's anger boiled over. You can break her heart, her body, her soul. But not her friends'.

Her hands glowed and she pushed her energy toward Kikyou's arrow. The two energies met a few feet in front of the three. When the bright pink of Kagome's and the dark pink of Kikyou's met, the entire group and surrounding area was fill with a bright light.

*****

Kagome groaned as she sat up. "What happened."

"I was hoping you could tell me that." Sango said. She was sitting by a fire she must have made, for it seemed no one else was up yet.

"Is it still the same night?" Kagome asked her as she came to the fire and sat down.

"It was dark when I woke up. I'm not sure." Sango answered.

"Shippou!" Kagome said, remembering the little kitsune.

"He's fine. Sleeping, like everyone else." Sango assured her.

"Where are we?" Kagome asked.

"I don't know for sure. We should be just a few miles south of the Liyasi village, if that blast didn't move us. Why?" Sango asked. "I'm not sure. This place just seems odd. Like-like we're missing something." Kagome said thoughtfully.

Kirara then jumped up onto Sango's lap in her small cat form.

Sango started petting her cat. "There isn't another youkai cat like Kirara." Sango said, and sighed at her luck.

Then it clicked in Kagome's mind. Youkai.

"Sango!" Kagome said, turning to her friend in puzzlement and understanding.

"There aren't any youkai around here!" Kagome finished.

*****

HO: Some of you are wondering when Legolas and the rest of the LOTR group come in.

Inu: They don't. I killed them all.

Kagome: Sit! Don't lie and upset the readers!

Inu: Why the hell would they be upset?

Legolas: Why would they be reading this fic if we weren't in it? HO PROMISES we will show up next chapter. She won't rush or anything, it will just take more time.

HO: Oh, and to solve that little problem with the flammer. I'm just wondering, which makes more sense? To listen to one person and delete a fan fic; or to listen to 50 other people and continue with something new?

Inu: Listen to the flammer! This story sucks!

HO: Aww, is Inu mad that Legolas gets Kagome?

Legolas: I'm happy.

Kagome: So am I.

Inu: WHAT?

Anyway, I wish to thank everyone who told me to NOT delete this fic. And just to get this thing straight. I'm not. Thank you very much: The Spiked Dragon butterfly4390 TenshiYoukai no Yugure CrissyKitty Diana The 2nd Epiphany Invisible Rain Kage Otome Kitsune-sama7 Lady of the Squrriles (and to all her squirrels!) Aya_chan Capn-BlackRose Ashleigh SailorKatoChan shingami02 Inu Youkai-Hime wintersbloodtear Black Kitsune Valkyrie Nienna Helyanwe Shadow grl Lynks nooooooo don't delete! (Love then name ^_^) psch my opinion fanfic reader Vedelle chihiro-san Queen Klu bloodbunny

The Hidden One