InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Bright Light ❯ Bright Light ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclamier: I own nothing.

New dimension

The little girl from the well placed Kagome right outside of Hana-chan’s place.

Kagome awoke in the bed of her childhood friend and cousin, Hana-chan. That name had not passed her lips in years. Kagome smiled and hugged her cousin. “Hana-chan, I am so happy to see you.” Her cousin touched Kagome’s face and smiled the brightest smile Kagome had ever seen.

“Rest, I found you outside. Your purpose was to see me, right?” Kagome hugged her cousin. Then, she realized what she had on. It is her regular school uniform. She had slept in her uniform. How could she do such a careless thing? Then, she looked at her cousin. This did not look like the same girl from when she was younger. This girl did not even try to insult her.

Then, Kagome remembered the well. The well! I am in a different dimension. The Hana-chan, I know has blond hair. “It would be nice to see one of my relatives.” The girl smiled, again. Kagome laughed at her cousin as she tried to make a funny face.

Kagome zoned-out for a minute while she tried to remember her cousin. This is until a voice called to her inside her mind.

Be careful and watch your temper,
You cannot leave this dimension until you have found someone.
This is your destiny.
You have one wish to give him.
Your third dimension awaits you.

“So, how is your dad?”
“What?” Kagome stared at Hana-chan.
“So, how is your dad? I have been talking to you for an entire hour. That was him, on the phone. He says you are to stay with me until he is back from his business trip, if you like. So, let us get your things.” Hana-chan looked more serous than before Kagome zoned-out. Kagome could not get over the fact that Hana-chan spoke to her dad. Kagome wanted to speak to him. She had not talk to him in years. Or, in this dimension in days? Not much could be said for this dimension, it looks almost like the one where she lives with her mom. In this one, there is not Mom. Or, is there? School, there must be school. What happened to the Kagome that lives in this dimension? I must be that Kagome. (A/N: I don’t want to confuse anyone. So, yes she is in the other Kagome’s body. Any time she enters this dimension she is in the other Kagome’s body. )
Kagome rested for what seemed only a few minutes and though about her friends. Did they miss her? She wanted to get away from everyone and now she is away. The irony was almost too much to bare.

Her sound sleep is disturbed by Hana-chan shaking her. “Kagome, wake-up.” Kagome shot-up out of bed.

“You scared me!” Kagome noticed that Hana-chan had a bag in her hand. “What is going on?”

“You many need an extra bag for your clothes. Come on, my friend, Tohru invited me to her place and you are going to join me. Get washed up and dressed. We will get your things, tonight. Besides, you only live two blocks away.” The girl did not look very excited to see this person but Kagome wanted to make a good impression. Kagome quickly found her bag and used the bathroom.

After, her bath Kagome found some of Hana-chan’s clothing on a shelf in the bath room. “Thanks“, Kagome yelled out.