InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Bright Light ❯ Chapter 04 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclamier: I own nothing.
New dimension
The little girl from the well placed Kagome right outside of Hana-chan's place.
Kagome awoke in the bed of her childhood friend and cousin, Hana-chan. That name had not passed her lips in years. Kagome smiled and hugged her cousin. “Hana-chan, I am so happy to see you.” Her cousin touched Kagome's face and smiled the brightest smile Kagome had ever seen.
“Rest, I found you outside. Your purpose was to see me, right?” Kagome hugged her cousin. Then, she realized what she had on. It is her regular school uniform. She had slept in her uniform. How could she do such a careless thing? Then, she looked at her cousin. This did not look like the same girl from when she was younger. This girl did not even try to insult her.
Then, Kagome remembered the well. The well! I am in a different dimension. The Hana-chan, I know has blond hair. “It would be nice to see one of my relatives.” The girl smiled, again. Kagome laughed at her cousin as she tried to make a funny face.
Kagome zoned-out for a minute while she tried to remember her cousin. This is until a voice called to her inside her mind.
Be careful and watch your temper,
You cannot leave this dimension until you have found someone.
This is your destiny.
You have one wish to give him.
Your third dimension awaits you.
“So, how is your dad?”
“What?” Kagome stared at Hana-chan.
“So, how is your dad? I have been talking to you for an entire hour. That was him, on the phone. He says you are to stay with me until he is back from his business trip, if you like. So, let us get your things.” Hana-chan looked more serous than before Kagome zoned-out. Kagome could not get over the fact that Hana-chan spoke to her dad. Kagome wanted to speak to him. She had not talk to him in years. Or, in this dimension in days? Not much could be said for this dimension, it looks almost like the one where she lives with her mom. In this one, there is not Mom. Or, is there? School, there must be school. What happened to the Kagome that lives in this dimension? I must be that Kagome. (A/N: I don't want to confuse anyone. So, yes she is in the other Kagome's body. Any time she enters this dimension she is in the other Kagome's body. )
Kagome rested for what seemed only a few minutes and though about her friends. Did they miss her? She wanted to get away from everyone and now she is away. The irony was almost too much to bare.
Her sound sleep is disturbed by Hana-chan shaking her. “Kagome, wake-up.” Kagome shot-up out of bed.
“You scared me!” Kagome noticed that Hana-chan had a bag in her hand. “What is going on?”
“You many need an extra bag for your clothes. I will put it here on the table. Come on, my friend, Tohru invited me to her place and you are going to join me. Get washed up and dressed. We will get your things, tonight. Besides, you only live two blocks away.” The girl did not look very excited to see this person but Kagome wanted to make a good impression. Kagome quickly found her bag and used the bathroom.
After, her bath Kagome found some of Hana-chan's clothing on a shelf in the bath room. “Thanks“, Kagome yelled out.
 
Kagome walked down the road with her cousin. For some unknown reason, her cousin did not call for a bus. Hana wanted to wait for a ride from Uo-chan. Uo-chan arrived on-time at the corner of the street nearest Hana's place. "Hana-chan, I feel weird wearing your clothing. Could we stop over at my place and change?"
Hana-chan frowned at her and stepped into Uo-chan's car. "What is wrong with my clothing?"
"Nothing, I guess, I can wear these clothes, for today."
"I thought you would want to change, so I cleaned your clothing while you where in the bathroom." Hana-chan pulled Kagome's old school uniform from her back pack and gave the clothes to her. "Suprise!" Kagome felt like jumping up and down. It is just one of those days when she loved to be with her friends. Although, she did not know her cousin very well. However, this self knew Hana-chan very well. Kagome did not want to test her luck. This day is turning out to be a good day to be alive. She looked out the window, soon sighting the Sohma's house. A black limo is parked in front of the house obstructing the view.
Kagome without much thought, thought of her mother, grandpa, and brother. They would want her safe. This place is in the middle of the woods. She hoped that the occupants where kind people, who not look down on her. They could be rich people. However, Hana-chan did not tell her that the Sohma's are rich. In her dimension her family is happy, so Kagome gave one last look out the window as she noticed Hana-chan talking to her. "... as I said Tuhru is not to happy today, so try to be kind. It is not hard. Oh, some relation of the Sohma's is here. Try not to embarrass me." Hana-chan smiled at Kagome in hope that Kagome would take the hit. "You can change in their bath room."
"Oh, I will." Kagome smile back to show she would try to be nice. Inside, Kagome wandered what kind of girl she is in this reality. Would she have to stay, here? This Kagome is a mystery and will be until she finds some clue of who she is in this time.
"I have only been here, once. Also, I have your school books. We can study with Tuhru." Hana walked up to the door and knocked. THe door is answered by a man in his late 20's.
"Good day, miss?" Hatori hoped that they would give him their names in response.
"Good day, I am Saki, this is my cousin Kagome and my friend Ansa." Kagome smiled in response to his greeting.
"Lady Kagome what brings you here?" Kagome looked shocked. She did not understand why he is addressing her.
"I am to study with Tohru, my cousin and her friend."
"What brings you so far from the Shrine, Miss Kagome?"
Hana-chan looked at Kagome. "Something happened last week, so she moved in with her father for the semester." Whatever happened seemed very important to Hana. Kagome did not want to ask. If, someone is dead or anything else Kagome did not want to know how she would react. "You did say you would study with us, today. I have your books in my bag. You left them at my house last time you visited. Do you know you smell like dog?"
Kagome looked at Hana a little longer, than she changed into her old school uniform from her other school in the bathroom upstairs. Kagome felt better in her old clothing. Her mind wondered to thoughts of her mother. How is she? Where is she, now? Could she be thinking of her? Her mom must be fixing dinner for Souta and Grandpa.
Kagome's POV
Dad, my dad, where is he? He must be somewhere. If I do not live with mom then I must live with my dad. Is grandpa still alive in this time? Is mom still alive in this time? Am I alone in this time? Where is the well? How long do I have to stay, here?
Her thoughts continued until she opened the door of the bathroom. "Tuhru, is in the dinning room."
Kagome fallowed her to the living room as all eyes seemed to rest on Kagome's every move. An older man looked at her from the other room. Kagome smiled at him and he looked as if Kagome had shot him with one of my arrows. Kagome smiled at the red haired boy, too.
Tuhru, smiled at us as entered the room. She hugged her friend and smiled at me. "I have the table cleared in the other room, we can study there."
Yuki walked up to them and stared at Kagome. "Hello, miss"
"Good day to you, sir."
"Yuki,"
"Kagome,"
"Let's study."
Hana-chan spoke to Tohru. "Tohru, I don't think Kagome remembers you at all."
"Tell everyone. Hana-chan found me last night, outside. I must have fainted. A lot of things, happened last week. I can't expect to remember everyone, I met."
"Let's go in the other room."
They started studying until Kagome's stomach started growling. "Sorry, my stomach."
Tohru quickly rose from her seat, "I will get you, something." She left the room than a red-haired man walked into the room.
"You should be nicer to Tohru."
"Ok."
"You will be nicer to Tohru."
"I just said, Ok."
"What are you saying? I don't understand? Are you saying, I am dumb."
"No."
"That is what you said at school?"
"Could we talk about this at a later time?"
"When would you like to talk, you highness?"
" 'grrr' "
"Did you just growl at me?"
"I don't think so. 'grr' "
"You did it, again." Kyo pushed her.
Kagome asked her cousin politly. "Hana-chan, I don't want you to see this fight. Leave the room, please."
Hana-chan looked shocked and the other men entered the room. Hatori yelled, "NO!"
Hana left the room. "Don't." She rolled her eyes, as she walked up the stairs to go to the bathroom.
Kyo pushed Kagome and Kagome pushed him back. She let out a loud 'grr'. Then, he soved her a bit to hard allowing her body to hit the ground. " 'roof' " She charged at him, as she changed into a wolf. She lept thought the air and landed on him. Her teeth sunk into his throwt. Kagome stopped as she realized he turned into a cat. She sniffed him. " 'grr' Stupid cat. Next time, don't push!"
"What just happened?"
Hana-chan walked into the room. "Can we study, today?"
Kagome put one paw in the hole of her bag and managed somehow to put the other paw in the other hole. Then, she picked up the cat and raced outside.
Uo-chan screamed and Tohru cryed as Kyo is carried off in to the wilderness by Kagome. Hana looked over at her friends and asked, “Where is Kagome?”
They studied and ate sandwiches while Yuki called Shigure on the phone and Hatori used his cell phone to call Akito. Uo-chan did not feel like eating her sandwich but ate most of it. Hatori decided that it would be best, if Uo-chan not remembers the fight the way it happened.
Hatori gave Uo-chan a new memory of the fight of which had nothing to do with a cat or a wolf.
Thanks to all that reveiwed.