InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Bright Light ❯ Down the Rabbit Hole With You ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer I own nothing.
Sorry for the crossover-crossover I am sick right now. I know that do not make up for this crossover.
Tohru pleaded with the police to let her see Kagome. She knew that, if she could just talk to her one time...maybe... she could convince Kagome that life is not all fighting. The world is a good place after all.
Tohru did not have much luck getting anyone to lessen to her. Her new family did not even know she had snuck out of the hospital ran two blocks and entered the police station. Tohru could not help but cry. Did Kagome really hate her?
She exited the police department in a depressed state until a man approached her. “Are you all right? Don't cry I might be able to help. What is it you need?”
The man looked very suspicious in his ninja like uniform. “No. I am going home. Thanks.”
The man smiled an evil smile and laughed. He grabbed her by the arm and tossed her into a portal to another dimension. “Flawless.” Then, he jumped into the portal after her.
Tohru screamed. “Dear, why do you scream? You hurt my ears.” A woman in purple said from behind her.
“Sorry, I did not mean to hurt you.”
“So, where would you like to go young lady.” The women stared into her eyes.
“What is this place?” The dimension did not look quite right. The sun is bright crimson red and the clouds hung in the sky as if they where drawn there. The sound of birds chirped almost on cue. The land looked breathtaking.
“Do you like it? It is a mysterious place. It is always summer and the building did have an ancient look to them.” Tohru did not understand. The buildings looked new. Everything looked new in this place.
“I must be lost. Could you help me find my way home?” Tohru tried to sound as nice a possible considering that she did not know if she could get home. This woman that stood before her did offer to help her out.
“Home? I could try. Where do you live?”
“In China.” (I am not sure if Tohru lives in China or Japan.) Tohru did not even know where she is now. How could she tell others where she was from? China is a big place but the Soma's could pay for a ticket home.
“All of China or just China?”
“I do not know you very well. I will not give you my address.”
The woman looked hurt. “You do not trust me?”
“No. I don't know you. I am sure that after we sat and talked I would give you my address. We can be friends. Would you like us to be friends?” Tohru did not want to hurt the women.
“Ok. I have decided to be friends on one condition. Stop acting all soft, it is making me want to pick flowers or something. I can't stand those feelings. So, what is your name?”
“Tohru Handa.” She held out her hand and the other women shook it.
“You can call me Jenny. (A/N: I made that up. Do not kill me, fans of the show. I have no idea what her friends call her.) But my enemies call me Jade.” The peaceful background seems to melt away when Tohru took her hand. This world looked dark and scary. “This world is not for the soft hearted. I will help you learn to defend yourself. ”
Tohru could not help but step closer to Jenny. “Jenny, would you help me get home?”
“I will but you cannot even hope to go home for another two weeks. You must stay. Then, you can ask the council”
“Why?”
“I don't make the rules. Fallow me, friend.” Tohru fallowed her new friend into a old building.
Meanwhile, Kagome just wanted to go home as well.
Kagome looked up at the lady and said, “Do I really have to become a demon to leave here?”
“Who told you such a lie?”
“From the man I was just talking to over there.”
“He is a liar. You will be just fine. I will teach you to, um what kind of martial art would you like to learn.”
“I want to go home.”
“Oh, then yes you will have to have some demonic power to go home.”
“You just said...”
“Child you are a young warrior. I sense you do well here. I have an old enemy that owns me a small favor. He not very nice but he can help you with the bow. ”
“And it would be no problem for him to teach me?”
“He will live throw it. Tell him Kitan sent you.” The women smiled sweetly as Kagome is yet transported to a hell demission where her trainer is standing in front of her.
“I was sent her by women in blue. She said you could train me.” Tuhru looked at him questionably. Other men who where behind the man just laughed.
“Blue outfit?”
“Yes, she told me you could help me with my bow. She said to say that Kitana sent me.”
“Kitana is very crafty. Are you a spy?”
“No, I just wanted to get out of this dimension but this Kitana person wants me to learn how to use my bow.” Kagome wanted to go home.
“These men behind me are my brothers. We do not see many women who want to train with us.” The man looked evil dressed in red ninja outfits. “I do owe Kitana a favor. You can train with us until you are good enough to train on your own. Far enough?”
“Yes, I am Kagome. What is your name?”
“I am Mike.(A/N: I am once again sorry.) I am called Scorpion to my enemies. ”
Disclaimer: I own nothing. Thanks to everyone who reviewed.
Chapter 8: Training. Summery: Kagome is training and Tohru is about to start her training.
Kagome looked at the man in shock. He walked around her and made her turn around. “What are you doing?”
“I was checking you out. Nice school uniform.”
Kagome blushed. “You can teach me to use a bow, right?” Kagome hoped that this man could do more then just stare at her ass.
“I can teach you how to use a bow, if that is what you want me to do.” Kagome could not believe this at all.
“I would like to go home.”
“You have to choose to be turned into a demon; if you go home or you could have one of the local Gods give you a lift.”
“I really don't want to be turned into a demon. I like being a human.”
“Now, Kagome. I see you have a bow. Where are your arrows?”
“They appear.”
“I see, how do they appear?”
“I am not sure, It has to do with some kind of Miko power. Over time, I will be able to produce a bow, too.”
Mike coughed. “Since, I am not a Miko, I can not began to understand how you create arrows from energy. I will let you barrow some arrows and you can practice with them. 4 hours a day should help improve you archery skills.” He lead Kagome to a room where she could sleep and bath. “20 minutes. I will be back.”
After a few days, Kagome learned how to use the bow. She is still a beginner, but she is practicing. Mike did not give her much trouble. However, she did start to wonder about his talent. Kagome shot an arrow just in the outside target. “I hit it!”
Mike could not help but laugh. “Only, 4 days.”
“What is your talent? Or, do you like to train people and criticism them.”
“I am not a trainer. I will teach you how to fight with a ball and chain once you hit the target.”
“I am not going to marry you.”
“No, real chains.” (A/N: The ball and chain is in the movie Kill Bill Volume 2. I like that item. I am not sure it is possible to have Scorpion's weapon, yet.)
Kagome did not understand but she did see the movie when her mom was not home, so she did know what it looked like anyhow. Kagome ate with him and the other men that lived in that area of Outworld. Being the only women did leave her to be alone. The men seemed to be very focused on training and fighting. They did not have time to talk to her.
She missed Inuyasha but knew he would be find with out her. She hoped he would not miss her, too much. Shippo would miss her the most and she hoped that she would be able to see him, again. Sango did seem to have become more of a friend to her over the past year. The monk stayed close to Sango and did not let her out of his sight.
She would have to find some way to release the wolf in her body. She hoped one of the Gods in this time could help her with that problem.
Time passed slowly, it had been a month since Mike gave her, her first lessens in how to handle those chains. Her hands were bruised and raw from all the training. She did hit herself more than once with the chains and that ball hurt. That thing just swings around and wham! Aw. Kagome tried very hard to do this but she kept getting hurt.
The male population did not bother her in her training, much. They would stop to stare at her. Sometimes, they would give her tips on how to improve her skill but many would just let her practice with Mike.
Two months passed and Kagome wanted to see her mother. She wanted to see her grandfather and she wanted to go to school.
Mike looked at her sadly. “I am afraid this will be your last day with us. Your archery is improving. I hope you will practice every day. I may even see you again, some day. Before, you leave I would like to let you know that we are very pleased that you trained here.” Kagome smiled and cried. She would miss him because she did not know how to get back to Outworld.
Tohru's POV
“You are to train with this stick.” The still looked as long as a pool queue but twice as thick. The women did not seem to be very friendly. How am I going to get back to the guys? They need me and I need them. I hope they will not worry too much about where I am.
The women throw the stick at me. I burley caught it. “Train?”
“You will train for 3 months. Then, you can go home.”
Tohru felt an aching feeling in the pit of her stomach. All her muscles seemed to hurt. She wondered if in this past days her muscles would dissolve and turn into jell-o.
Her trainer, Jade, did not let her sleep for more than six hours at night. She longed for just one nap a day. Her eyes felt, as if they would close any time. Jade did not let them close.
Jade seemed to be doing better, everyday. Tohru could not help but notice Jade adapting to her moves. Tohru, who did not want to train in the first place occupied her mind with images of home.
Jade continued to train Tohru in the art of hitting Tohru with a long stick. Tohru did not like this training at all. “Can you teach me something, else?” Tohru pleaded with Jade.
Jade shock her head, yes. “I can teach you how to deceive.”
Tohru did not like where the conversation might go but she did not want to be hit by that long stick any more. “I would love to learn.”
Jade gave Tohru some art supplies. “Here, you will learn how to draw.”
Tohru took the art supplies as Jade helped her put up her drawing table. “First, we will start with a ebony pencil. It is a grey colored pencil.”
Tohru found the pencil and set-up a giant sheet of paper while Jade did the same. “I am ready to learn.”
Jade gave her a leason. “Now, draw that flower pot over, there. First, we will decide were to put the pot. Let us put it in the center. How big is the flower pot? How much of the flowers are sticking out of the pot? By using careful calculations you may not be deceived.”
Tohru goes over to the flower pot and measures the distance for each calculations. “The is two feet high and a foot wide and the flower is a half a foot high.”
“We will draw an rectangle the size of the pot then add another half foot for the flower.”
Tohru did just that and spent the rest of the day measuring the flower pot to get the right calculations for her drawing. At the end of the day, Jade looked at the painting and said “That does not look like a flower pot.”
“I tried to make a flower pot but I could not feel the leaves or the pot itself. It looks like a flower pot but it does not feel like a flower pot.”
“It is not a flower pot but a box. A simple wooden box.”
“How can I do this trick?”
“It would take years to learn. If you would like, I can teach you every night for two hours before you sleep to my world to learn.”
“Two hours? Ok.”
Over the next few weeks Tohru learned how to get with a stick over and over. She did not seem to care for martial arts at all. She wanted to go home. However, she did not want to disappoint her Jade.
Soon, after weeks of training Tohru is ready to go home.
The next day,
3:00am
Tohru slept in her small bed that Jade gave to her to sleep in just months, ago. Jade saw the girl sleeping and crept up next to her and whispered, “Tohru, with this kiss on the cheek I will give you 3 years of my training. This is a gift. When you awake, you will be able to cause simple illusions. Be safe.” Jade kissed her on the left corner of her lips than vanished. “Be safe.”
Tohru awoke outside of the police station. 6:00am
(A/N: I needed Tohru to have a talent before she fallowed Kagome on her quest.)
Kagome left Mike early in the morning where she met him. “I wish to give you something.”
Mike looked into her eyes. “I see you have a scare on you arm. I will heal it as payment for your kindness you have shown to me.”
Mike did not think this would be a good idea. “I do not need payment. Go.”
“Then, I will heal you as a friend.” Kagome heals all his wounds.
“I don't have anything to give you.”
“Miko's only except in-kind goods.(a/n: food and shelter etc)”
“Give me your hand.” She rased her hand. He shook her hand and something passed throw her skin. She screamed as though an animal was trying to naw her hand off. “Thanks, Kagome.” He kissed her on the lips and suddenly she knew what went inside her. “They grow back. Know you can leave and come back anytime you want.” In a flash, she knew the basics of how to control it.
Kagome walked up to the portal to leave and smiled.”Can I go now? I don't want to become a demon.“
“Yes, you may leave without becoming a demon.”
Kagome awake in her cell just after 6:00am. The guards let Kagome leave as soon as she awoke.
“Don't get into any trouble.”
I am glad that is over. Kagome did need some training of some kind and do not think that Inuyasha or his brother would train her. I am a fan of Kagome with Inuyash's brother they may not be paired in this fic.