InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Misconception ❯ The estate ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


The Estate





Kagome was left at Tohru's mercy while Shigure, a now conscious Yuki, and a reluctant Kyo, discussed what was with their new visitor in Shigure’s study.

"There is some thing strange about that one." Shigure stated, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

"Strange...girl is downright freaky!" Kyo growled.

"The only thing I can think that would let her be able to embrace us would be that she is family and also cursed." Yuki said sipping at a small cup of tea.

"That may be but all of the zodiac are alive now. We probably should inform Akito of this new development."

Unbeknownst to them Kagome was eaves dropping in on the conversation. Shigure was the first out. She watched him in a mix of curiosity and caution, following his every move with her eyes. Her attention, however, was diverted when the other two came out. Attention snapped back to where Shigure was at the sound of a dial tone. It was easy to hear him, even while he was whispering, but the voice on the other end was cut off by the louder static so she only heard Shigure’s end and parts on the other end. Nothing to important seemed to stand out, well nothing that set the alarm bell in her head ringing at least.

"It is late now, so why don't you stay here for the night. Also I was wondering if you could accompany me tomorrow." Shigure asked as he leaned on the frame of the door.

"If I decline?"

"I would rather not think about what would happen."

Kagome looked about the room, taking in every sound, smell, and sight. He was bluffing and wouldn‘t be able to hold her if she decided to leave. The girl was human, a sunny disposition, but human so she posed no threat as all. So now she had a choice, go to school, or go with people she didn't know. Kagome smiled to herself. ‘Strangers always did have the best candy.’

"Sure I'll go. Call me Kagome."

"Shigure. Glad you chose to come with us."

"I'm Tohru. That's Yuki, and the other is Kyo."

"I'll return tomorrow at dawn."

"Won't you stay. Shigure did say it was late, and you never know who is out in the woods. And you might get lost or hurt." Tohru continued to name off thing that could go wrong counting the possible misfortunes on her fingers.

"Don't worry. There's nothing more dangerous than I can handle." Kagome said, trying to keep the girl from having another panic attack.

Kagome walked out the door and leapt into the closest tree. She stuck to the tree tops until she reached her home. She pack a small satchel bag with a change of clothes and a few knives. She may not know how to properly fight but she was quick enough and strong enough that it compensated for her lack of knowledge. She tossed the bag on the back of the couch and rested until sunrise.

The sky was just beginning to change colors when Kagome woke. She slung on the satchel and started out, listening to the nocturnal creatures settle in for the day and the diurnal one just waking. Kagome walked and arrived as the sun was half way above the horizon. She spotted Kyo on the roof of the house. He must of slept there, she guessed, because he was glistening with morning dew. Kyo sat up and looked down at her. It was quiet inside except for the creaks and moans that houses make. Kagome looked at the stairs, hearing some one wake. It was Shigure. He looked at her surprised.

"When you said dawn, you meant dawn."

"Of course."

Tohru was next down the stairs, a big smile plastered on her face. She said good morning to every one and started making breakfast. Yuki came down the stairs, very groggy. Kagome watch the boy stumble around almost zombie like, and responding to nothing. He sat at the table facing Kagome. He fully woke after about ten minutes. Kyo had yet to come off the roof, or if he did, he wasn't downstairs.

"Kagome, would you like so tea?" Tohru asked as she set the table.

"Yes, thank you."

Kyo came down to join them for breakfast then they were off to school. Kagome stared at Shigure. He was nervous about something, she could smell it on him. Soon though, they were out the door as well, Kagome following Shigure's lead. She watched her surroundings, making sure to know exactly where she was. They finally came to what looked to be a large estate.