InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ K&K: The Disaster ❯ Numero Trece ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~'~Ara's Intuition~'~

Ara heard the name, Sesshomaru come out of Kagome's mouth. She was in total shock. She glanced over at Tiena, who was holding Kai in her arms. She then seen the reddish mark underneath his eyes. The only difference in this child, was that he only had one mark per eye, the Sesshomaru she knew had two. She then realized that Inuyasha and the girl holding the young toddler looked a lot like Sesshomaru. Tiena only because of her hair color, Inuyasha had the same color eyes, and hair, and Kai had the marks beneath his eyes and the same hair color. She then began to remember something from her past.

~'~Flashback~'~

Sesshomaru is sitting on a park bench. The park is dark and the night's moon lights it a bit, as well as the city buildings surrounding the park. Sesshomaru sits there in his brown overcoat and hat. his hat is tilted forward over his face revealing only his hair, which has been cut to shoulder length. Ara comes walking down the path toward Sesshomaru. They are the only two in the park. She stops once she is standing in front of him. She then proceeds to sit down next to him.
"...Sesshomaru... Sesshomaru... Sesshomaru look at me when I'm talking to you!..." She demands. Sesshomaru titles his hat back and turns his head, facing Ara.
"Sesshomaru... I-I love you..." She says as tears begin to stream down her face. Sesshomaru has no idea what to say. He has never had anyone love him before, besides Rin. He doesn't know how to react, so he shows no emotion. "I-I love you and you continue to push me away! I know nothing about you. The only thing I know is how I feel about you. And who you are, this emotionless person who walked into my life in a simple twist of fate..."

Ara then remembers back to when she first met Sesshomaru, that one abnormal night. Ara had gotten home late as usual. She worked for a publishing company, writing books and was finishing one up. She usually would get home late, have a little something to eat and then go straight to bed, as she she had to get up the next day, early in the morning to catch a plane to Australia to see her family. Ara had always done this for as long as she lived in Tokyo and went home every other week, five years. Never had she not done her usual routine until that night. She got home from a long, busy day at work and for some reason didn't feel tired. This was suprising to Ara, as she has never not felt tired after a day a work. It was getting late and she thought that maybe going for a walk would get her tired and then she could go home and go to bed. Ara did so. As she walked down her block on the way to her apartment building, she could here sirens throughout the city streets. She pulled her keys out, and walked up to the door. She could here the sirens get louder and louder, closer and closer. Then she heard gun shots. Loud ones. She could here the sirens coming from behind her. There weren't any cars around. She turned and looked down the block where she saw an old brown car drive quickly, turning down her block. The car stopped right in front of her. She was beginning to get nervous. The person in the car opened his door and got out. Ara couldn't even run. The sirens were getting closer. Sesshomaru had a gun in his right hand and holding his stomach, right under his chest with his left hand. He hand been shot.
"Don't move." He said calmly pointing the gun at Ara. Ara just stood there. Sesshomaru walked up to her and put the gun up to her head. He could see that she was about to put her key into the door of the building. "Go. Go! Open the door!" He said. Ara put the key into the lock and unlocked the door. The police were now turning down the block. Sesshomaru slammed the door shut and pushed Ara to go up the stairs. She lead him up to her apartment where she took him inside. He pushed her back and locked the door. He held the gun at her the whole time. "Don't move. Don't say anything. If you scream, I'll kill you." He told her. Ara kept quiet. Sesshomaru walked over to the window. He grabbed the curtain and pushed it over a bit to see the police rumaging through his car. He watched for a couple of minutes looking back at Ara every few seconds to make sure she wasn't doing anything while he held the gun pointing at her. Ara thought about doing something but thought it was safer to just do what he said.
"Can I...?" Ara went to ask if she could get him something to eat when he turned around and interupted her.
"Shut up. Ahhh!" He said, then falling to his knees and grabbing his gunshot wound. He kept the gun still pointed at Ara though.
"Are you okay?" She said taking a step toward him.
"Ahh! Don't move!" Ara stopped. They were silent for a minute.
"Uh. Please put the gun down. I want to help you." She said slowly getting down on one knee and putting her arms up to grab the gun from him. "I wanna help you. ...Please let me help you. ...Put the gun down. Please." She reached for the gun and he slowly let it down.

~'~End Flashback~'~


By the time Ara had stopped reminiscing, Inuyasha had lifted Kagome up and placed her over by Shiro, who had began crying. Neonna walked over and picked Shiro up. Mikoumi had gotten a hold of herself and was not crying anymore. She was collecting her thoughts. She walked over to Inuyasha.
"Inuyasha..." He turned around. "...you have to find your brother. He must have the baby!"
"I don't know about that Mikoumi." He replied.
"Why? He's done horrible things! You heard her say his name! He took your child, Inuyasha!"
"Mikoumi she was delusional. She might have had a dream about him. She was laying in the hot sun for hours." Inuyasha said.
"Mikoumi, Inuyasha is right. She is going to be delusional." Kioto said. "Somebody could've found her and got the baby out of her, tried to help her but something was wrong with the baby and left."
"I think for now it's safer to say it was him. Inuyasha go look for him! Go!"
"I'm not...!" Inuyasha stopped. He could hear something in his head... a voice.
"meet... the roof where Kagome was..." It kept repeating.
"Inuyasha?" Mikoumi and Kioto said.
"Come on... half breed!" Inuyasha knew who it was at that moment. Inuyasha was breathing heavily.
"Inuyasha? Inuyasha are you okay?" They kept asking. Inuyasha did not reply. He just ran real quick to the edge of the building and jumped off, headed toward the place.

~'~Kikyo's Way In~'~

Blix swam all the way to city. Finally making it in, swimming between the buildings, there were lots of dead bodies around. Ones of people who've drowned, others who were killed on impact. Blix swam past them. He didn't quite understand what had happened. He figured a flood. He wasn't sure of where look either. He felt down in inside that she was alive, that Tiena was not dead like these people. This kept Blix going. As he swam, he could see up ahead of him a girl. She had black hair and was swimming also. Blix followed her as he tried to catch up. He called out, but she would not stop. She seemed very determined, as determined as he was. He swam behind her for a little while and then finally caught up.
"Hey! Hey!" He said. Feeling that he was so close behind, she stopped. She turned around as he approached, it was Kikyo. Blix didn't know of her though. He had heard her name a couple times, mentioned, but wasn't about to remember something like that at this time.
"What do you want?" She asked nastily snapping at him as she kicked her feet to stay about the water.
"I think we're the only one's alive here!" Blix replied, disregarding her meaness.
"So? Can I help you?"
"Maybe we could help each other. Where are you going?"
"I'm looking for someone... you?"
"Me too." Kikyo then remembered seeing him. For the past years, she spied on Inuyasha and Kagome. Sometime they were with Tiena and she remembered seeing him with them. She didn't quite remember his name though. But she knew he would help her...

~'~Offer, Can't Refuse~'~

Inuyasha landed on the roof where he had found Kagome. Standing about one hundred feet away from him stood someone with their back turned to him. Inuyasha knew it was him. But he was suprised to see him wearing a dark, dirty brown overcoat. And a brown hat that covered his new short hair.
"Sesshomaru..." Inuyasha said.
"You came... half breed." Sesshomaru said before he slowly turned around. He had Inuyasha's daughter in his arms. She was so precious. Inuyasha first looked at the baby, then looked at his brother, who now had hair which came down to his shoulders and no longer had his tail which always hung over his right shoulder.
"Long time no see."
"Gimme my baby you son of bitch!" Inuyasha said running up. Sesshomaru stopped him.
"Ah-ah-ah!..." He said as he put his hand up to her face. "Take another step and I will snap her throat." Inuyasha looked at his baby. She was so little. Beautiful. She had brown hair sprouts, like her mother.
"What do you want Sesshomaru? Not that you're owed anything but death!"
"Inuyasha... I'm suprised with you. What do I always want?" Sesshomaru asked sarcastically.
"You can't have him Sesshomaru! You can't have Kai!"
"Not only do I want my son, I also want my daughter."
"Tiena? I can't force her Sesshomaru. You know that! She could probably beat me up! Not that she would have to, Sesshomaru 'cause you won't either one of them!" Almost immediately after Inuyasha said that, Sesshomaru replied.
"Then you'll never have her! You'll never have the daughter you wanted to name... Izayoi! After you're mother..." Inuyasha now knew it was a girl. He was happy but angry at the same time. What was he going to? Give up the nephew he considered a son, and the niece he considered a daughter for his own child with Kagome, the love of his life? Inuyasha was backed into a corner.