InuYasha Fan Fiction / Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Healing The Heartache ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha or Gravitation
 
AN: After reading Chibes review I realized that I did indeed forget to spell out Goshinboku. I changed it but now I feel a bit stupid ^_^'. Thanks for telling me Chibes.
 
 
 
Last Time: Hearing a car come to a stop from the front of the shrine, Kagome knew that her cousins were here. Despite the circumstances Kagome was really glad to see them. Maybe the change of scenery would indeed do her some good.
 
 
 
 
“Man why do they have to have all these steps. Even our shrine doesn't have this many steps.” Tatsuha complained.
 
“Shut up and quit your whining. We're almost at the top.”
 
“Hey look someone's waiting for us.”
 
Looking up Yuki caught sight of a pair of dark sapphire eyes.
 
 
 
Chapter Two
 
 
Dropping her bags in the hallway, Kagome began to wander around her cousin's apartment. This was her first time here and she was curious about his place. Despite the fact that they hadn't seen each other in a while they still kept in touch by phone and e - mail.
 
Walking into a room she believed to be Yuki's, Kagome found a picture of them when she, Yuki, and Tatsuha were little. Smiling at the memory, she gently laid the picture back down and picked up Yuki's photo album.
 
Slowly flipping through the pages, Kagome was soon joined by another person. “Hey I remember that.” He spoke.
 
“Yea that was your eleventh birthday Tatsuha. Remember when you started crying because you didn't get that cd you wanted.” Kagome giggled.
 
“Hey I wasn't crying. I just had something in my eyes.” Tatsuha argued, pouting.
 
“You were crying so get over it.” Yuki smirked from the doorway.
 
“Humph.” Tatsuha sulked, crossing his arms.
 
“Don't be such a baby Tatsuha.” Kagome teased.
 
“Hey what about this picture.” Tatsuha pointed out, hoping to change the subject. “You're crying in this one”
 
“Yea, and only because you kept throwing stuff at my head.” Kagome growled, pushing Tatsuha off of the bed. “You were one bad little baby.”
 
“Was not. Damn it's one already.” Tatsuha groaned. “I gotta go, but I'll be back tonight.” he said, getting up from the floor. “Hey Yuki mind if I crash here tonight. I wanna catch up with Gome - chan.”
 
“No.” Yuki answered.
 
“Come on please.” Tatsuha begged. “Yea Yuki - kun please.” Kagome joined in.
 
“No.”
“Please.” They both pleaded.
 
“Fine.” Yuki caved, putting a cigarette in his mouth.
 
“Cool. I'll be back tonight.” Tatsuha smiled, exiting the room. “Hey Yuki, could you come here for a sec?”
 
Nodding his head, Yuki followed Tatsuha out of the room. Leaving Kagome to look through Yuki's picture book.
 
“What is it that you want Tatsuha?” Inquired Yuki once Kagome was out of hearing range.
 
“Not much really. I just wanted to talk with you about Kagome.”
 
“So you noticed too, huh.” Yuki asked.
 
“It's kind of hard not too. I mean her eyes; they aren't how they used to be.” Tatsuha stated a bit dejected at the thought of his cousin. “Well, I'll be back later. See ya.”
 
Watching his brother leave, Yuki made his way back towards his room where Kagome was. He'd find out what had happened, and then he'd kill the bastard who did this to his favorite cousin.
 
“So which room will I be staying in?” Kagome asked when she saw Yuki reappeared in the doorway.
 
“Come, I'll show you.” He replied, walking towards the guest room, Kagome in tow.
 
“Here.” Yuki said, opening the door for Kagome.
 
Placing her bags inside of her new room, Kagome shooed Yuki away to let her unpack her things. Taking out her clothes, Kagome carefully hung them up in the closet. Proceeding with finding new places for the rest of her stuff, Kagome fell in a heap onto her bed when she was finally done with the last of her things, well almost.
 
In Kagome's hands was a photo. But not just any photo, it was a photo of the whole group. She had managed to get them to agree to take this picture after the defeat of Naraku. It was the only one she had of the entire group together.
 
Starting from left to right there was Kouga, along with Ayame and Ginta and Hakkau. Next to them were Sango and Miroku, Miroku was holding Sango in a hug, and they absolutely looked so cute together, they both had huge smile on their faces.
 
Alongside them was Kagome herself who was holding onto Kirira while Shippo stood next to her. Besides Kagome, was the infamous hanyou himself, Inu Yasha. He had a scowl on his face, but you could tell he was actually happy by the look in his eyes. And surprisingly enough Sesshomaru stood next to him along with Rin and Jaken at his side.
 
Letting out a heavy sigh, Kagome felt a tear fall down her face. Refusing to think about such things Kagome laid the fame face down under her pillow. She'd gaze at it later on tonight.
 
Stretching, Kagome looked to the clock on the nightstand next to her bed to see that it was four. Hearing her stomach growling, Kagome decided that it was time for dinner.
 
“Hey Yuki! Let's go get something to eat, my treat.” Kagome offered, entering the living room where Yuki was currently flipping through channels.
 
“It's only four.”
 
“So, I'm hungry.”
 
“Please!”
 
“No.”
 
“But..”
 
“No.”
 
“Please I'll even pay, and afterwards I'll even go buy you some strawberry shortcake for dessert.” Kagome begged, knowing that Yuki would cave.
 
“Fine.” Yuki finally agreed. “Where are we going anyway?”
 
“You'll see.” Kagome smiled mischievously.
 
 
 
 
“Of all the places you choose, why Wac Donalds.” Yuki questioned, a bit annoyed at the choice of food.
 
“Well I said it was my treat and it's not like I'm some famous novelist with a lot of cash. Nope I'm just simple Kagome.” Kagome smiled sheepishly. After the long walk towards her restaurant of choice, and having to run and hide from random paparazzi and fans, they had finally managed to order their food.
 
“Come on let's go get your cake now.” Kagome offered, when they had gotten their food. Nodding his head Yuki let Kagome lead them to the nearest bakery.
 
After getting his cake, Kagome decided to take a short cut through the park.
 
“Remember when we used to come here when we were little.” Kagome said, looking at the lake that was located in the middle of the park.
 
“Yea.”
 
“Let's eat here.” Kagome said, already sitting down without waiting for a reply from Yuki.
 
Eating in silence, Yuki pondered over whether to ask Kagome a question that had been plaguing his mind. Looking over at her, Yuki saw that she was starring out at the lake, a melancholy look in her eyes.
 
Deciding that she would tell him with time like she always did, Yuki grabbed his cake and began to eat.
 
“It hurts.” Kagome suddenly said out of nowhere. Focusing his attention on his distressed cousin, Yuki waited for her to continue. “It just hurts so much to be betrayed by the person who you love so much and would have done just about anything for. Especially when you believe they actually loved you back.” Kagome finished, tears threatening to spill.
 
“Hai. Even as time passes you still feel the hurt though it dulls out a bit but the painful throbbing is still there never once leaving you a peaceful moment.”
 
Looking up at her cousin as he said those words, Kagome saw the raw pain in his eyes, just like the time she had seen after his return from his trip to New York, though it was quickly cleared with a mask of apathy.
 
“Come on, Tatsuha it probably wondering where we are.” Yuki stated, getting up. Nodding her head, Kagome followed Yuki out of the park.
 
 
“Man, where were you guys? I was waiting for like ever.” Tatsuha complained, munching on some chips he had found from the kitchen.
 
“We just went out to get some food, besides I saw you barely walking up to the front door as we got here.” Kagome said, stealing the chips from Tatsuha.
 
“He if you went to get some food, quit stealing the chip.” Tatsuha argued, taking the chips back.
 
“What about you? Don't think I that I didn't notice that fortune cookie fall out of you jacket pocket.” Kagome shop back, once again redeeming the chips.
 
“Well…” Tatsuha started until Yuki hit him on the head. “Will you two stop acting like a couple of five year olds.”
 
“Hey I'm more that twice the age of a five year old.” Tatsuha glared, not like being treated like a little kid.
 
“Speaking of twice your age are you still obsessed with Ryuichi Sakuma?” Kagome inquired, digging through her backpack.
 
Right when she said Ryuichi, Tatsuha started to ramble on and on about him, while both Kagome and Yuki toned him out.
 
“Since it seems that you are even though he's like twice your age…” Kagome said about to reveal something when Tatsuha interrupted her saying, “Love knows no age.”
 
“Neither does stupidity.” Kagome thought to herself, “Well as I was saying I managed to score some tickets and back stage passes to their concert this weekend.”
 
“What really, Kagome you are the best cousin ever.” Tatsuha praised, glad that he was finally going to meet his idol in person.
 
“It's late we should probably be getting some sleep.” Kagome yawned, today's events leaving her exhausted.
 
TBC
 
 
AN: I made myself sad. I was listening to some music well not exactly listening to the music but the lyrics, but now I'm sad, so I'm gonna end it here. I'm surprised I managed to get this chapter out so soon. I'm surprised that so many people actually like it. I'll try and have the next chapter out soon. I'm probably gonna introduce Mika and Shuichi in the next chapter. Let's see how Shuichi takes to meeting Kagome for the first time.
 
I already know what the pairing will be, and so far nobody has guessed it. Also to answer SandK's questions: Kagome is not the baby of the bunch, besides Souta it's Tatsuha. And I haven't decided yet about Sesshomaru and Shippo, most likely though.
 
Ages: Yuki is 22
Kagome 20
Tatsuha 15
Souta 14
Shuichi 18
Hiro 18