InuYasha Fan Fiction / Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Healing The Heartache ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own nada
 
AN: I can't sleep and I feel wired 0_0, so I've decided to get started on this chapter, though it probably won't be finished for a few days. Hope you like it.
 
 
 
 
Last Time: “Well…” Tatsuha started until Yuki hit him on the head. “Will you two stop acting like a couple of five year olds.”
 
“Hey I'm more than twice the age of a five year old.” Tatsuha glared, not like being treated like a little kid.
 
“Speaking of twice your age are you still obsessed with Ryuichi Sakuma?” Kagome inquired, digging through her backpack.
 
Right when she said Ryuichi, Tatsuha started to ramble on and on about him, while both Kagome and Yuki toned him out.
 
“Since it seems that you are even though he's like twice your age…” Kagome said about to reveal something when Tatsuha interrupted her saying, “Love knows no age.”
 
“Neither does stupidity.” Kagome thought to herself, “Well as I was saying I managed to score some tickets and back stage passes to their concert this weekend.”
 
“What really, Kagome you are the best cousin ever.” Tatsuha praised, glad that he was finally going to meet his idol in person.
 
“It's late we should probably be getting some sleep.” Kagome yawned, today's events leaving her exhausted
 
 
 
Chapter Three
 
 
“So Shuichi, are you gonna go back to your lover boy today.” Hiro Nakono teased his best friend and band mate.
 
“Yep, it's only been a few days, but it seems like forever being away from my Yuki - kun.” Shuichi whined acting way too melodramatic.
 
Since Yuki had kicked him out of his apartment, Shuichi had decided to bunk with his Hiro, but now he was finally heading back to his beloved novelist's place.
 
“When are you gonna go back?” Hiro inquired.
 
“Probably after practice.” Shuichi nonchalantly answered.
 
“Let's go grab some breakfast then.” Hiro said. “We can take my bike.”
 
“Sure that'd be great Hiro.” Shuichi exclaimed, grabbing his backpack.
 
“Hold on a minute, I gotta go grab my jacket and keys.” Hiro yelled, already in his room getting his stuff.
 
 
“Yo Tatsuha!” Kagome yelled from the kitchen where she was currently making breakfast.
 
“What Kagome?” Tatuha yawned, slumping down in one of the kitchen table's chair, letting his head hit the hard surface with a loud thud.
 
“Did you let Mika know that I'm staying here with Yuki - kun?” Kagome asked, finishing what she was making.
 
“Shit.” Tatsuha cursed now suddenly wide awake. “Mika's been wanting to see you for ages. She's going to kill me when she finds out, especially since I didn't tell her.”
 
“Don't worry I'm sure she won't kill you.” Kagome giggled giving Tatsuha some of the now finished breakfast.
 
Hearing the loud ding of the door bell, Kagome let Tatsuha eat his breakfast as she went to go answer the door. Reaching the door, Kagome opened it only to see her eldest cousin. “Hey Mika.” Kagome exclaimed, giving Mika a fierce hug.
 
“Kagome-chan, it's so good to see you again.” Mika greeted, breaking the hug.
 
“Why don't you come in, I just made breakfast. Yuki is still sleeping and Tatsuha's gorging his face.” Kagome offered, leading Mika towards the kitchen where Tatsuha was eating.
 
Seeing her younger brother cram food in his mouth, Mika smacked him on the head, causing him to choke on his food.
 
After coughing up his breakfast, Tatsuha yelled, “What the hell was that for?”
 
“How come you didn't tell me that Kagome was here?” Mika glared. He knew that she had wanted to see her younger cousin, but she just hadn't had the time and every time she went to the shrine she was gone.
 
“Well… you see I barely found out yesterday and I was going to tell you, I swear.” Tatsuha nervously answered, hoping that his sister wouldn't hit him on the head again. Man her hits hurt, a lot.
 
Giggling at their behavior, Kagome was about to comment when a cool voice cut through the kitchen, “What's going on in here?”
 
“Good morning Yuki - kun.” Kagome smiled, “I made breakfast if you're hungry.”
 
“No thanks Kagome. But what are you doing here Mika.”
 
“Why I'm here to see my favorite cousin of course.” Mika answered, hugging Kagome again. “So Kagome you have any plans for today?”
 
“Uhh… I was just going to….” Kagome started to answer, before being interrupted by Mika.
 
“Great we're going to go catch up.” Mika exclaimed grabbing Kagome and dragging her out Yuki's apartment. But before Mika managed to completely drag her away, Kagome managed to let out a small goodbye as she grabbed her purse.
 
Watching as they left, Yuki decided to head back to bed. He'd get started on his new book later.
 
Tatsuha on the other hand wolfed down his breakfast, he needed to get back to the shrine so he could continue his training.
 
 
“Hey Hiro, what time does practice start?” Shuichi asked, taking a sip of his tea as he gazed out the window of the small diner they were in. They'd already eaten, and now they were just sitting here enjoying the silence.
 
“Why weren't you paying attention to K?” Hiro nonchalantly replied, adding some sugar to his coffee.
 
“I… uh was preoccupied with musings of a serious matter.” Shuichi sternly replied adorning a straight face, making Hiro want to laugh out loud.
 
“You were thinking about that concert this weekend weren't you?” Hiro guessed.
 
Letting out a low sigh, Shuichi replied, “Yea I was. I still can't believe that we're going to open for Nittle Grasper. I mean what if we screw up, what if I screw up?”
 
“Relax man; we're going to do just fine.” Hiro comforted, trying to get his friend to lighten up. “Practice is at one. Why?”
 
“I wanted to go look for uhh... a gift for Yuki. Valentines Day is in a week.” Shuichi blushed, slightly embarrassed.
 
Chuckling Hiro replied, “Come on, I'll take to go look around until practice.”
 
Smiling, Shuichi followed Hiro out of the diner. Settling himself behind Hiro on his bike, Shuichi wondered what Yuki would like. Maybe he'd just try and make him some homemade chocolate.
 
 
 
 
 
After a few hours of shopping and catching up, Kagome was tired and hungry. She hadn't had eaten anything all day, not even the breakfast she had prepared for Yuki and Tatsuha. “Hey Mika, can we go get something to eat now, I'm starving.”
 
“Sure Kagome - chan.” Mika answered, leading her towards a small, quaint Chinese restaurant at the corner of the street they were on.
 
Walking into the restaurant, Kagome and Mika were swiftly escorted to a small booth in the corner by a waiter. Settling down, they both ordered some tea as they looked over the menu.
 
“Hey Mika I've been meaning to ask you something.” Kagome suddenly spoke.
 
“Yea what is it?”
 
“If Tatsuha didn't tell you that I was staying with Yuki, how'd you know I was there?” Kagome inquired, curious as to how her cousin had figured out she was there.
 
“Oh, so that's what I forgot.” Mika mumbled to herself, seemingly forgetting about Kagome's question as she dug through her purse.
 
“Here it is.” Mika happily cried holding a magazine in her hands. Beckoning Kagome closer so she could get a look at it, Kagome was unsure if she should laugh or bristle over what she saw. She opted for the first.
 
In Mika's hands was the latest edition of a popular gossip magazine that had come out today. And on the front page of thus magazine was a picture of both her and Yuki when they were sitting in the park. And written next to it was a short column about how she was some mystery girl that appeared to be “very close” to Yuki.
 
“Where'd you get this?” Kagome finally asked, getting over her shock.
 
“I was over at the studio today and I saw one of the secretaries reading this.” Mika answered, suppressing a laugh. “I wonder what Yuki's going to say about this when I show it to him.”
 
“I don't know, but I can't wait to see the expression on his face.” Kagome laughed, picturing Yuki when they showed this to him.
 
When they were both done laughing, Kagome and Mika finally ordered their food. As they waited for the food, they both settled into a comfortable silence, each lost in their own thoughts.
 
“Hey Mika how come you never visited me at the shrine?” Kagome voiced, breaking the silence.
 
“I called a few times to tell you that I was going to come over, but your grandfather always told me you were sick. And when I did manage to come by, you were always gone” Mika answered.
 
“Oh.” Was Kagome's only response.
 
“Hey Kagome what do you plan on doing?” Mika inquired.
 
“What do you mean?” Kagome asked, confused by Mika's question.
 
“Like do you plan on getting a job?”
 
“Yea, I was planning on job hunting today actually.”
 
“Hey, why don't you resume painting? You were really good, why'd you stop?”
 
“I'm not sure actually, besides I need a more practical job than painting. It's not like I'm going to stay with Yuki forever, and no matter how much I love the shrine, I don't want to live there all my life.”
 
“But Kagome…” Mika started only to be interrupted.
 
“Here's your Mongolian Beef, and your Orange Chicken, mam.” The waiter suddenly announced placing their food in front of them.
 
Offering a small smile, Kagome began to eat her food, Mika doing the same.
 
 
“Hey Hiro are you okay?” Shuichi asked, concerned about his friend. Ever since they had gotten to the studio, Hiro seemed, sort of subdued. Practice was over already, so they were walking out of the studio.
 
Shuichi hadn't found a single thing that would be good enough for Yuki, so he probably would continue looking tomorrow.
 
“Wha… oh yea I'm fine.” Hiro sheepishly replied, putting on a fake smile.
 
“Well if you're sure.” Shuichi responded, not quite believing him.
 
When Shuichi returned to what he was doing, Hiro returned back to his thoughts. Earlier when he was checking out the paper, ha came across one of those gossip magazines, and on the cover page was a picture of Yuki and some mystery girl. Albeit she was good-looking but that was besides the point. He wasn't sure if he should just tell Shuichi or not.
 
“Hiro can you give ma a ride to Yuki's?” Shuichi asked, baiting his eyes and smiling innocently.
 
“Sure.” Hiro agreed getting on his bike. Handing Shuichi a helmet, Hiro sped off as soon a he was settled. He still didn't know what he was going to do; maybe the whole thing was just some sort of mishap. Who knows, they could even possibly be related. Hiro thought to himself not quite believing what he was thinking.
 
If only he knew how right he was.
 
Cutting through traffic, Hiro made it to Yuki's in no time. Parking in front of the house, Hiro followed Shuichi to the front door, ignoring Shuichi's questioning looks.
 
Knocking, Shuichi waited impatiently for Yuki to answer the door. When he heard the door slowly begin to open, Shuichi glomped the person who had opened it not bothering to see who it was.
 
“Oh Yuki - kun I've mi…” Shuichi started, until he felt something that under his hands did not belong on a male's chest. “Hey you're not my…” He managed to get out before he was suddenly thrown off with somebody yelling hentai.
 
TBC
 
 
 
 
AN: Sorry that this took so long to get out, I had a short case of writer's block. But I'm back now. Hopefully the next chapter will come out sooner.