InuYasha Fan Fiction / Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Healing The Heartache ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Gravitation or InuYasha
 
AN: I know, it's been a while since my last update, but I've been busy with other things. Hopefully you won't have to wait long until chapter five comes out. I've already have it all planned out, I just need to type it.
 
At the end of this chapter I will finally tell y'all who is with Kagome, and sorry if you wanted it to be a Hiro & Kagome story. I do plan on writing one of those, but probably not until this fic is done. I already have the plot and first chapter is halfway through. ^_^
 
 
 
 
 
Last Time: “Hiro can you give me a ride to Yuki's?” Shuichi asked, baiting his eyes and smiling innocently.
 
“Sure.” Hiro agreed getting on his bike. Handing Shuichi a helmet, Hiro sped off as soon a he was settled. He still didn't know what he was going to do; maybe the whole thing was just some sort of mishap. Who knows, they could even possibly be related. Hiro thought to himself not quite believing what he was thinking.
 
If only he knew how right he was.
 
Cutting through traffic, Hiro made it to Yuki's in no time. Parking in front of the house, Hiro followed Shuichi to the front door, ignoring Shuichi's questioning looks.
 
Knocking, Shuichi waited impatiently for Yuki to answer the door. When he heard the door slowly begin to open, Shuichi glomped the person who had opened it not bothering to see who it was.
 
“Oh Yuki - kun I've mi…” Shuichi started, until he felt something that did not belong on a male's chest. “Hey you're not my…” He managed to get out before he was suddenly thrown off with somebody yelling hentai.
 
 
 
 
 
Chapter Four
 
Kagome could not believe that… that pink haired boy had just done what he just did. How could that he just glomp random people especially without checking who they first?
 
About to yell at the pink haired hentai, when he beat her to it, “Who the hell are you and where's my Yuki - kun?”
 
“Yuki - kun?” Kagome confusedly thought out loud. “Who are you and how do you know Yuki?” Kagome answered with a question of her own.
 
“Hey, I asked you first.” Shuichi replied childishly, sticking his tongue out at Kagome.
 
Glaring at his immature antics Kagome was about to retort when the brown haired boy spoke up for the first time, “Hey, you're that girl from the magazine.”
 
“Wha..” Kagome started, until it finally clicked as to what he was talking about, “Oh you mean that stupid article.” She finished, busting out in giggles.
 
“Mean what? What are you talking about Hiro and why are you laughing?” Shuichi questioned Hiro, sending him a puzzling look his way and then turning his gaze towards the laughing girl.
 
“What's so funny Kagome?” Yuki's clear voice cut through the house.
 
Looking in the direction where his voice came from, Kagome hurriedly grabbed one of the grocery bags he was carrying in. “So where've you been Yuki - kun?” Kagome questioned, momentarily forgetting about Shuichi, Hiro and Yuki's question.
 
“I had to go see my publisher, apparently I'm getting a new editor and he's supposed to drop by sometime tomorrow. I'm also out of food.” Yuki answered placing his bags down. “When did you get here Shuichi?”
 
“Wait you know this pink haired idiot?” Kagome asked, clearly surprised.
 
“Sadly, yes.” Yuki sighed, going over to Shuichi and draping an arm over his shoulder, causing Shuichi to blush a light pink.
 
Looking between Shuichi and Yuki several times, it finally dawned on her what was going on. “Ohh… oh so this is what Mika meant when she said that you had made a few lifestyle changes.” Kagome muttered, watching her older cousin closely as if unsure what to do. Finally after an awkward moment of silence, Kagome let out a loud laugh, “Ha, Souta owes me 50 bucks.”
 
Surprised at the strange girl's sudden out burst, Shuichi was about to reply when Yuki beat him to it, “You and Souta were betting on my sex life?”
 
“Well … uh sort of.” Kagome stuttered under Yuki's glare, easing back from him a bit. “Well you see, I know how you are with women, and to be honest, I could never picture you with one.”
 
“Wait aren't the two of you together?” Hiro question, pointing back and forth between Yuki and Kagome, clearly confused about what was going.
 
“No!” Kagome hurriedly spat out, glad for the change of subject. “That stupid article didn't get anything right. Yuki and I are cousins.” Kagome clarified, grinning at Hiro and Shuichi's stunned looks.
 
“Wow, I didn't know you had a cousin.” Shuichi exclaimed, looking between Yuki and Kaogme.
 
“Aren't you supposed to be his lover?” Kagome questioned, confused. i
 
Not sure how to reply, Shuichi let an awkward silence fall on them. Kagome, noting his discomfort, hurriedly changed the subject. “Who exactly are you anyways, well besides Yuki - kun's lover?”
 
Glad for the change of topic, Shuichi introduced himself and Hiro, “I'm Shuichi Shindouu and this is my best friend and band mate Hiroshi Nakono.”
 
“Well I'm Kagome Higurashi, Yuki's younger, yet favorite cousin.” Kagome politely smiled. “Hey Yuki I'm going out for a bit. Why don't you explain to uh… your “lover” the situation?”
 
And before Yuki could retort, Kagome was out the door with her purse and her jacket.
 
Shrugging, Yuki made Shuichi and Hiro carry the rest of his bags to the kitchen as he gave them a brief explanation as to why Kagome was there and that'd she would be staying with them for a while.
 
 
 
HiHi
Sighing, Kagome made her way towards the small park that she had noticed on her small trip with Mika yesterday. She had a lot to mull over.
 
Finding a vacant swing, Kagome slowly began to rock herself back and forth. It was a bit hard to believe that Yuki had a boyfriend, not really the boyfriend part but the fact that he was actually seeing someone seriously. The two of them did indeed look good together, and Yuki seemed somewhat happier around him.
 
Most people probably wouldn't be able to see it, but she wasn't most people.
 
Letting out another low sigh, Kagome began to muse over what Mika had told her yesterday. She had said that if she resumed her painting, she'd help her get a “practical” job.
 
She had barely managed to pass high school and she didn't go to college so her choices were limited. And Mika had connections and could probably get her a pretty secure job.
 
 
She'd always loved to draw and paint when she was younger, but ever since her whole ordeal with InuYasha, she just seemed to lose her spark for it.
 
Groaning, Kagome was on the verge of pulling her hair in frustration, when she suddenly heard somebody singing.
 
“Wow, he has such a beautiful voice.” Kagome murmured aloud, curious as to who was singing such a beautiful song.
 
Getting up from her position on the swing, Kagome started to slowly walk towards the direction she heard the singing. Passing a large tree, Kagome was soon in view of the person singing.
 
Sitting only a few benched away, was an older looking man with light brown hair and a pink bunny sitting next to him. He looked to be writing something down on a piece of paper as he sang.
 
Recognizing him, Kagome had to suppress a squeal. There only a few feet from her, was the Ryuichi Sakuma. If only Tatsuha was here right now, this would make his day, hell it'd make his whole life.
 
Her cousin was such a fanboy.
 
Deciding that he looked busy, and it was best not to bother him, Kagome was about to head back to the swings, when she accidentally stepped on a twig, making it snap on contact.
 
“Who's there?” Was suddenly heard, as Kagome inwardly cursed her clumsiness.
 
Stepping out from where she was standing, Kagome hurriedly apologized, “Sorry for bothering you, I didn't mean to disturb you. Uhh… I'll… I'll just be on my way.”
 
Chuckling at the girl's stuttering, Ryuichi noted how she looked oddly familiar. Taking a better look at her, he noted that she had long, silky black hair that hung loosely around her face. She had a nice tan, and from what he could a nice pair of legs. But what caught his attention the most, were her bright, sapphire eyes. “Hey have I met you before.”
 
Blushing under his gaze, Kagome barely registered his question. “I uhh… don't believe we have.” Kagome mumbled. That was actually not true, but she doubted he'd remember her.
 
“Now I remember you were at Tohma and Mika's wedding.” Ryuichi said answering his own question. “What was your name again?”
 
Nodding her head, Kagome was surprised that Ryuichi Sakuma even remembered her at all. Mika's wedding was over five years ago, before she had fallen down the well.
 
“My name's Kagome Higurashi, Mika's my older cousin.” Kagome said, finding her voice.
 
“Nice to meet you, I'm Ryuichi Sakuma and this is Kumagorou.” Ryuichi introduced, smiling brightly as he showed off his stuffed, pink bunny to Kagome.
 
“It's nice to meet both of y'all.” Kagome responded, smiling at how childish he looked. No wonder her cousin was so obsessed with him.
 
“Since your obviously working on something, I don't want to be a nuisance, so I'll just go.” Kagome waved, prepared to head back to Yuki's home.
 
“You're not a nuisance, and I was about to head off myself. Why don't you let me and Kumagorou walk you home? A beautiful girl such as yourself shouldn't walk alone at this time of night.” Ryuichi beamed, stuffing his paper that he was writing on into his pocket.
 
Blushing at his comment, Kagome answered, “That's okay you don't have to do that.”
 
“It's no problem. Kumagorou and I would be happy to walk you home.” Ryuichi replied, offering Kumagorou to Kagome. “Kumagorou likes you and he even wants you to carry him.”
 
Smiling at how cute he looked, Kagome hesitantly accepted Kumagorou from Ryuichi. “If you're sure.” Grinning up at him, Kagome told Ryuichi the address to Yuki's place.
 
Walking in a comfortable silence, Ryuichi started a light conversation with Kagome. “So what do you do Higurashi - san?”
 
“Please, just call me Kagome, and currently I'm unemployed. But Mika said she would help me find a job. And until I find one, I'll be staying with my cousin.” Kagome answered, looking down at Kumagorou.
 
“Alright Kagome - chan.” Ryuichi said. “Well it seems that we've reached your cousin's place. It was nice meeting you again.”
 
“It was an honor meeting you again also Sakuma - san.” Kagome replied, her face becoming a bright pink once again that night.
 
“Goodnight Kagome - chan.” And with that Ryuichi took off, heading to his own home, Kagome still on this mind.
 
Still in shock that she had just been walked home by Ryuichi Sakuma, Kagome barely registered that she still had Kumagorou Seeing that Ryuichi was long gone, Kagome turned to the pink bunny and said, “Well I guess you'll be bunking with me tonight. I'm sure Mika will be able to return you to Sakuma - san tomorrow.”
 
And with that Kagome silently headed back inside. It seemed that Yuki and Shuichi were already in bed.
 
TBC
 
 
 
 
AN: Yes this is a Ryuichi and Kagome story. It's also a Yuki and Shuichi (obviously) and I'm still thinking about this one, Tatsuha and Shippo. Let me know if I should go through with this or not, I think I might, but I'm not sure.
 
Next chapter will be fluff, mainly between Yuki and Shuichi and Kagome will finally get the job she want from Mika, let's just hope she'll want to keep it once she learns what it is. =D