InuYasha Fan Fiction / Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Healing The Heartache ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own anything.
 
 
AN: This chapter mainly focuses on Shuichi, Yuki, and Kagome. Ryuichi won't be appearing in this chapter, but most likely he will in chapter six and hopefully there will be fluff, I like fluff. ^_^
 
 
 
 
Last Time: “Since your obviously working on something, I don't want to be a nuisance, so I'll just go.” Kagome waved, prepared to head back to Yuki's home.
 
“You're not a nuisance, and I was about to head off myself. Why don't you let me and Kumagorou walk you home? A beautiful girl such as yourself shouldn't walk alone at this time of night.” Ryuichi beamed, stuffing his paper that he was writing on into his pocket.
 
Blushing at his comment, Kagome answered, “That's okay you don't have to do that.”
 
“It's no problem. Kumagorou and I would be happy to walk you home.” Ryuichi replied, offering Kumagorou to Kagome. “Kumagorou likes you and he even wants you to carry him.”b
 
Smiling at how cute he looked, Kagome hesitantly accepted Kumagorou from Ryuichi. “If you're sure.” Grinning up at him, Kagome told Ryuichi the address to Yuki's place.
 
Walking in a comfortable silence, Ryuichi started a light conversation with Kagome. “So what do you do Higurashi - san?”
 
“Please, just call me Kagome, and currently I'm unemployed. But Mika said she would help me find a job. And until I find one, I'll be staying with my cousin.” Kagome answered, looking down at Kumagorou.
 
“Alright Kagome - chan.” Ryuichi said. “Well it seems that we've reached your cousin's place. It was nice meeting you again.”
 
“It was an honor meeting you again also Sakuma - san.” Kagome replied, her face becoming a bright pink once again that night.
 
“Goodnight Kagome - chan.” And with that Ryuichi took off, heading to his own home, Kagome still on this mind.
 
Still in shock that she had just been walked home by Ryuichi Sakuma, Kagome barely registered that she still had Kumagorou Seeing that Ryuichi was long gone, Kagome turned to the pink bunny and said, “Well I guess you'll be bunking with me tonight. I'm sure Mika will be able to return you to Sakuma - san tomorrow.”
 
And with that Kagome silently headed back inside. It seemed that Yuki and Shuichi were already in bed.
 
 
 
 
Chapter Five
 
 
“Please Yuki - kun, please. I just need you to do this one thing for me and I promise I'll stop bothering you.” Kagome pleaded to her older cousin, hoping that he'd say yes to her request.
 
It had been two days since her secret night with Ryuichi and Kagome still had Kumagorou with her. Since Mika was married to a member of Nittle Grasper she decided that she'd give him to her. She also figured if she was going to her cousin's house she'd get this painting over with. And so far Yuki didn't know she had that pink bunny or what had happened that night and she planned on keeping it that way.
 
“No, now get out Kagome. I have to have this chapter done by the time my new editor shows up later on today.” Yuki growled, not even bothering to look up from his laptop.
 
“Oh come on Yuki. I promise I'll do anything you ask if you just do this one thing for me.” Kagome continued to beg, reducing herself to getting on her hands and knees.
 
“Anything.” Yuki questioned, finally looking up from his laptop to look at Kagome.
 
Not liking the gleam in his eye, Kagome was about to take back his statement when, Yuki spoke. “Shuichi gets out of practice at 12 today and I want you to keep him occupied so I can finish this by the time my editor gets here. Think you can handle it.”
 
“So basically you want me to baby-sit your lover, and then you'll pose for a painting for me.” Kagome slowly stated, still debating if she should agree or not.
 
“Basically, and if you do this, I'll pose for as many paintings you want.” Yuki finished, focusing his attention back to his laptop.
 
“Alright then, what time is your editor coming over and do you want us to be here or not?” Kagome agreed.
 
“At 6 and I don't care if you're here or not as long as I get this chapter done.” Yuki answered, ending the conversation by kicking Kagome out of his office.
 
Not bothering to yell at Yuki for being rude, Kagome went to her room to see what time it was. Only 10:23.
 
Not really having anything to do until Shuichi got here, Kagome pulled out her old sketch book. It had been a while since she had drawn in here, and it was about time she had. Pulling out her favorite pencil, Kagome began an outline of two bright, purple eyes that had been plaguing her mind.
 
 
 
 
12'O Clock
 
 
Standing outside Yuki's home, Kagome patiently waited for Shuichi to arrive. Since she was stuck with him for the rest of the day, she figured she might as well get to know him. It didn't look as if he was going anywhere anytime soon.
 
Leaning against the door, Kagome thought about where she was going to take Shuichi and how she was going to get him to go with her. Especially since he had been away from Yuki for a while and he probably wanted to spend as much time with him as possible.
 
Hearing the loud roar of a motorcycle, Kagome saw Hiro drive up and drop Shuichi off. Watching them say a quick bye to each other, Kagome waited for Shuichi to reach the doorsteps.
 
“Oh, hello Kagome - san. What are you doing out here?” Shuichi questioned once he had finally reached Yuki's front door.
 
“Hey Shindou - san, I was actually waiting out here for you.” Kagome answered.
 
“How come?”
 
“You and I are going to get to know each other.” Kagome replied grabbing Shuichi's arm, ready to drag him off.
 
“Hey, wait can't I at least go inside first.” Shuichi whined, trying to get out of Kagome's grasp, but man did she have a grip.
 
“Sorry Shuichi but there was a reason I was waiting outside for you.” Kagome said, stretching the word outside.
 
“Really, why?
 
“Yuki kicked me out; apparently he isn't too fond of American rock music.” Kagome shrugged as if it was a normal occurrence.
 
Nodding his head, Shuichi made a mental to remember that for a later time. “So why can't I go inside?”
 
“Right now he's busy working on the outline and first chapter of his latest book to show his new editor, and I sort of made a deal that I'd keep you occupied until six.” Kagome said, saying the last part in a bit of a rush.
 
Barely catching the last part of her sentence, Shuichi was sad to learn that the only reason Kagome wanted to hang out with him was because of a deal and that she didn't like him. “Oh, so the only reason you want me to go with you is so that Yuki will do what you wanted.”
 
“No, Shuichi I really do want to get to know you. It's just that if I don't get this painting done Mika won't help me get a job. I'm so sorry Shuichi; I didn't mean to upset or hurt you in anyway.” Kagome apologized, starting to feel bad about using him.
 
“Calm done Kagome it's okay, it's just that I don't really know you all that well. And to be honest I kind of thought that you didn't really like me. After all I didn't really make too great of a first impression.” Shuichi hurriedly said, starting to brighten up when he learned that Kagome wasn't just using him.
 
“You know what, I'm going to make it up to you Shindou - san. Today we'll do whatever you want. Have you eaten lunch already?” Kagome asked, wanting to make it up to Shuichi.
 
“No…” Shuichi started, until Kagome interrupted him, “Okay so we'll go get lunch and it will be on me and from there we could go out somewhere.” Kagome said, dragging Shuichi down the street. Ignoring all the weird looks she was getting.
 
 
 
 
“So Shindou - san, how long have you known my cousin and how did the two of y'all meet?” Kagome asked, before taking bite out of her burger.
 
“We've known each other for a while now, and we sort of met in the park.” Shuichi answered, finishing up his fries. He was a bit surprised that Kagome had chose Wac Donalds to go eat, but he didn't mind too much. It had actually been a while since he had been here.
 
Nodding her head, Kagome continued to eat her food, trying to think of a few more questions to ask him.
 
“So Kagome, earlier you mentioned something about a painting.” Shuichi asked, crumpling up his burger wrapper.
 
“Yea, you see I used to draw and paint a little, and Mika said that if I resumed that she would help me get a job and I really need a job.” Kagome replied, finishing up the last of her food.
 
“Oh wow really can I see a few of your drawings.”
 
“Maybe later when we get back to Yuki's.” Kagome said a little hesitantly, unsure about showing someone her sketches. She had really only shown one person her sketch book and she doubted is she would ever see him again.
 
“Come on please Kagome - chan.” Shuichi begged.
 
“Hmm… I'll let you look at it if you do this one small thing for me.” Kagome said with a weird gleam in her eyes.
 
“I don't know Kagome.” Shuichi replied, not liking the weird look in her eyes.
 
“Please Shindou - san.” Not seeing any sign of him caving in, Kagome knew what would seal the deal. “You and Yuki don't really look like the type who goes out often. And well, I was just thinking that if you did this one thing for me, I could, I don't know get you two on a date.” She finished nonchalantly.
 
Eyes wide with excitement, Shuichi jumped over the table to glomp Kagome. “Really Kagome. If you can get us on a date, I promise I'll do anything you ask.”
 
“I'm glad to hear that Shuichi, but before any of that can happen, CAN YOU PLEASE GET OFF OF ME!” Kagome yelled, prying the star struck, pink haired singer off of her person.
 
Letting go, Shuichi tried to calm himself before he ruined his deal with Kagome.

Seeing that Shuichi was still hyper, Kagome suggested, “Come on let's go to the amusement park. I have a friend who can get us in for free.”
 
Nodding his head enthusiastically in agreement, Kagome and Shuichi headed downtown to the amusement park.
 
 
­­­­­­­­­­­ ;­­
 
“Wow, Kagome - chan that was a lot of fun.” Shuichi laughed. He and Kagome had spent most of the day at the amusement park. In his opinion they had really bonded and became friends. Kagome also helped him learn a few interesting things about Yuki.
 
Like when one time when Kagome and Yuki were younger Mika was baby - sitting them, and they both apparently “rebelled” against her for not letting them have pocky. So for the entire night Mika was locked in a hall closet, as the two of them ate all of the sweets in the house.
 
“Yea it was Shindou - kun.” Kagome smiled as the two of them walked in sync towards Yuki's place. At the park she had managed to win an overstuffed teddy bear, so she had given it to Shuichi. That thing almost looked as big as him. And Shuichi had managed to win a slightly smaller bear. He said he was going to give it to Yuki, how sweet of him.
 
“How many times do I have to tell you Kagome - chan? Call me Shuichi.” Shuichi sternly said, hoping that Kagome would start to call him by his name.
 
“Alright, Shuichi - san.” Kagome said, grinning up at him.
 
“So what exactly did you want me to do for you Kagome - chan.” Shuichi asked for the tenth time that night.
 
“You'll see.” Was all that Kagome was willing to say.
 
Pouting, Shuichi tried the puppy dog look on Kagome, only to have her laugh in his face. “You are going to have to try harder than that, I perfected that look.”
 
Sticking his tongue out at Kagome, Shuichi was about to reply when Kagome said, “We're finally here. Next time we are taking the bus.”
 
“We so are.” Shuichi grinned, opening the front door.
 
“Hey Yuki we're back.” Kagome called out, looking for Yuki and his editor.
 
“I'm in here.” Yuki responded, his voice coming from the kitchen.
 
“Hey Yuki - kun.” Shuichi squealed going over to Yuki.
 
“Where's your new editor?” Kagome asked when she noticed that he was alone. It was 6:23 so she should have been here by now and even if she hadn't planned on staying long
 
“She couldn't make it today, so she said she was going to drop by tomorrow.” Yuki replied, munching on some cake.
 
“Since you're not busy then, now is the perfect time for you to pose for the paintings.” Kagome smiled, grabbing Yuki's arm ready to drag him off.
 
“Hey you said painting.”
 
“Yea well you said and I quote if I got Shuichi out of the house `I'll pose for as many paintings you want'” Kagome mimicked, trying to sound like Yuki.
 
Glaring, Yuki knew that he couldn't argue with Kagome, because he did in fact say that.
 
“Now that, that's settled, meet me up on the roof in ten minutes, you two Shuichi.” Kagome said, heading to her room to get a few supplies.
 
Shrugging, Shuichi followed Yuki to the roof of his house.
 
 
 
 
“Shuichi, can't you stop fidgeting?” Kagome asked, trying to draw an outline of the two figures before her. Currently, Shuichi and Yuki were in front of her. Yuki was standing behind Shuichi with one arm draped against his shoulder as he looked off in the opposite direction. And Shuichi was holding on tightly to the arm that was wrapped around him, as he looked looked at Yuki as if trying to get his attention.
 
“If you're going to have us stand here like this for who knows how long, then why did you take those pictures earlier.” Yuki inquired, still in position.
 
“Because Yuki, I might go sketch those some other time in case Mika wants me to draw another one.” Kagome answered, focusing on her sketch. She had planned to sketch this pose, and then actually start another one, painting it. “Yuki you're too stiff, just relax.”
 
Grunting in response, Yuki tried to relax himself. Trying to ignore the look Shuichi was sending him, Yuki continued to look off in the distance. Catching a look at a shooting star, he silently wished for Kagome to hurry.
 
“How much longer are we going to be doing this Kagome?” Shuichi asked, desperately trying to keep from squirming. He couldn't help it; it was in his nature to be more active.
 
“Not much longer.” Kagome casually answered, cringing on the inside for lying to him.
 
Giving her a quick nod of his head, Shuichi leaned into Yuki. He was actually sort of content where he was. He could feel the body heat emitting off of Yuki. Blushing Shuichi tried to calm himself by listening to the silent rhythm of Yuki's heartbeat.
 
 
 
 
 
Yawning, Kagome carefully laid her completed painting on the desk that was in her room. It had taken her about five hours to complete it, and she was thrilled with her results.
 
Yuki and Shuichi had gone straight to bed when she finally announced that she was finished. And when she asked them if they wanted to see it, the both mumbled they would look at it tomorrow. Boy were they going to be stiff.
 
Suppressing another yawn, Kagome looked at the time. 11:33 Pulling out her cell phone, Kagome made a quick call to an old friend of hers. She had after all promised Shuichi a date.
 
“Hello Ayumi.”
 
 
TBC
 
 
 
AN: Wow this has to be my quickest update. I really enjoyed typing this chapter and I hope y'all liked it as much as I did.