InuYasha Fan Fiction / Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Healing The Heartache ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I still don't own Gravitation or InuYasha
 
AN: Sorry that this took so long to come out, I've been extremely busy with school and what not. To make up for the time, I added part of chapter seven into it. Hopefully chapter seven will come out a lot faster than this one.
 
 
Last Time: “Shuichi, can't you stop fidgeting?” Kagome asked, trying to draw an outline of the two figures before her. Currently, Shuichi and Yuki were in front of her. Yuki was standing behind Shuichi with one arm draped against his shoulder as he looked off in the opposite direction. And Shuichi was holding on tightly to the arm that was wrapped around him, as he looked at Yuki as if trying to get his attention.
 
“If you're going to have us stand here like this for who knows how long, then why did you take those pictures earlier.” Yuki inquired, still in position.
 
“Because Yuki, I might go sketch those some other time in case Mika wants me to draw another one.” Kagome answered, focusing on her sketch. She had planned to sketch this pose, and then actually start another one, painting it. “Yuki you're too stiff, just relax.”
 
Grunting in response, Yuki tried to relax himself. Trying to ignore the look Shuichi was sending him, Yuki continued to look off in the distance. Catching a look at a shooting star, he silently wished for Kagome to hurry.
 
“How much longer are we going to be doing this Kagome?” Shuichi asked, desperately trying to keep from squirming. He couldn't help it; it was in his nature to be more active.
 
“Not much longer.” Kagome casually answered, cringing on the inside for lying to him.
 
Giving her a quick nod of his head, Shuichi leaned into Yuki. He was actually sort of content where he was. He could feel the body heat emitting off of Yuki. Blushing Shuichi tried to calm himself by listening to the silent rhythm of Yuki's heartbeat.
 
 
 
 
 
Yawning, Kagome carefully laid her completed painting on the desk that was in her room. It had taken her about five hours to complete it, and she was thrilled with her results.
 
Yuki and Shuichi had gone straight to bed when she finally announced that she was finished. And when she asked them if they wanted to see it, the both mumbled they would look at it tomorrow. Boy were they going to be stiff.
 
Suppressing another yawn, Kagome looked at the time. 11:33 pulling out her cell phone, Kagome made a quick call to an old friend of hers. She had after all promised Shuichi a date.
 
“Hello Ayumi.”
 
 
 
 
Chapter Six
 
 
“Where exactly are we going Kagome - chan?” Shuichi asked for the fifth time that afternoon.
 
“How many times do I have to tell you Shuichi, it's a surprise?” Kagome stressed, trying to get that through his head.
 
Last night after she had called Ayumi and finished arranging Yuki and Shuichi's surprise, Kagome had spent the rest of the night putting finishing touches on her painting.
 
“Are we there yet?” Shuichi piped up, starting to get on Kagome and Yuki's nerves.
 
“No Shuichi, but I'll let you know when we are.” Kagome answered, checking her cell for the time. She still had to meet Mika at 1:00 to show her, her painting.
 
Too lost in her thoughts, Kagome failed to notice that they had reached her desired destination. “Hey Kagome, you forget where we're located or what?” A voice called out, catching her attention.
 
“Ayumi, it's been a while hasn't it.” Kagome laughed, going up to her old class mate to give her a hug.
 
“Kagome aren't you going to introduce us to your friend.” Shuichi asked, going up to Kagome to greet her friend.
 
“Oh right. Ayumi this is my cousin Eiri Yuki and this is Shuichi Shindou.” Kagome introduced.
 
Squealing at meeting the lead singer of Bad Luck and the famous novelist, Ayumi was about to say something when she was suddenly dragged off by Kagome.
 
“You didn't tell me that you were bringing them or the fact that the Eiri Yuki is your cousin.” Ayumi said before Kagome had a chance to even open your mouth.
 
“Yes and there was a reason why I never told anybody. Please don't go all fan girl on me.” Kagome begged.
 
“Yea you're right that's Yuka and Eiri's job.” Ayumi agreed, calming herself down.
 
Nodding her head, Kagome headed back to Yuki and Shuichi to explain the whole situation to them.
 
“Where exactly are we and why did you drag us here?” Yuki asked, tossing away a cigarette bud.
 
“Well as my thanks for yesterday, I arranged for this while restaurant to be closed for a whole hour so you two can have a peaceful lunch date.” Kagome answered, flashing them a big grin.
 
“Wow Kagome - chan that was really sweet of you.” Shuichi beamed, glad for some alone time with Yuki. Whereas Yuki only grunted in response.
 
“Now y'all two head inside and have a good time. I have other business to attend to.” Kagome said, shooing them inside of the small, quaint restaurant.
 
Watching as they headed outside, Kagome once again turned to Ayumi. “Now here's that Bad Luck cd signed by Shuichi, Yuki's latest novel signed, and those pictures I said I'd get you.” Kagome said handing Ayumi all the items she had promised over the phone.
 
“When you said you'd get me all this stuff to close the restaurant for lunch hour, to be honest, I didn't know if you actually would be able to get it.” Ayumi said taking each item Kagome gave her.
 
“Hey, are you going to their concert tomorrow with Bad Luck.”
 
“Yea, I'm taking my younger cousin Tatsuha and Souta and his girlfriend.” Kagome replied. “What about you, are you going?”
 
“Yea, with Yuka and Eri actually. They're also bringing some mystery man. Now they're fixated on trying to set me up with some guy them met in one of their classes.” Ayumi sighed, not liking being the one whose love life they were trying to meddle in.
 
Chuckling, Kagome responded, “Now you know how it feels.”
 
“Well I guess I'll catch up with you later Kagome. I have a rock star and a famous novelist to serve. Bye” Ayumi laughed, heading inside of the restaurant.
 
Letting out a giggle, Kagome took off in the opposite direction towards her new destination.
 
 
 
 
Coming to a halt in front of a fancy looking restaurant, Kagome noted that she was ten minutes early. Shrugging, Kagome proceeded to head inside.
 
“Do you have a reservation mam?” A snotty waiter asked giving her a look that made her think that he suspected that she didn't.
 
“As a matter of fact she does. She's here for the Seguchi party at 12:30.” A familiar voice said, coming from behind her.
 
Turning around, Kagome came face to face with Ryuichi Sakuma. “Why yes of course, follow me this way.”
 
Nodding her head, Kagome followed Ryuichi and the waiter towards a secluded bar area in the back of the restaurant.
 
After getting settled, Kagome smiled, “Hello of Sakuma - san. I didn't know that you were going to be here.”
 
“Hello to you two Higurashi, how have you been?” Ryuichi replied, as he ordered a drink for himself and Kagome.
 
“Please call me Kagome, Sakuma - san.” Kagome said, starting to dig through the bag she was carrying, looking for something.
 
“Only if you call me Ryuichi, Kagome - san.” Ryuichi beamed, wondering what Kagome was looking for.
 
Looking up, Kagome caught the smirk on Ryuichi's face, and she immediately started to blush, a light pink. “Here Ryuichi - san you kind of left him with me.” Kagome stuttered, handing Kumagorou to him.
 
“Thank you Kagome - san for returning him.” Ryuichi smirked, lightly brushing his hand against hers, successfully causing Kagome to blush a pretty pink.
 
About to respond, Kagome heard her name being called, “Kagome - chan, I'm glad that you could make it.”
 
Turning around, Kagome saw Mika and her husband Tohma standing before them.
 
Tohma still looked the same from the last time she had seen him. Kagome really liked Tohma; he was sort of like an older brother just like Mika was like her older sister. And the fact that he was one of the few who actually understood Yuki just added brownie points.
 
“Hello Kagome - chan, it's good to see you again.” Tohma greeted, offering a small, polite smile.
 
“Hello Tohma - kun, Mike - chan.” Kagome greeted, going up to them to give each of them a hug.
 
“Come on Kagome - chan, let's give them some privacy.” Mika said, grabbing Kagome and leading her away from Ryuichi and Tohma.
 
Letting Mika drag her off to the other side of the bar, Kagome soon sat down, Mika joining right beside her.
 
“Here's the painting, now will you help me get a job.” Kagome said straight to the point, handing Mika her painting.
 
“Perfect.” Mika smiled, a bit too cheery. Suspicious, she was about to say something when Mika continued on, “There's actually a job opening at NG Records. Do you want it or not?”
 
Letting her suspicions go for now, Kagome hurriedly answered, “Of course I'll take it.”
 
“Great. You're now the assistant of Shuichi Shindou.” Mika nonchalantly replied as if it was no big deal, though inwardly she was waiting for her response.
 
“Really coo… wait what?” Kagome managed to get out.
 
Leaning her head on her hand, Mika concluded that her reaction was not as bad as she thought it would be. Maybe Shuichi was actually growing on her younger cousin. Cutting those thoughts short, Mika said, “Yep, you will be Shuichi's personal assistant. You are to make sure he keeps his appointments, and schedule them. You'll also be going on the benefit tour with Bad Luck and Nittle GrasperlH
. Don't worry you'll only be on the road for two months though.”
 
Letting it all sink in, Kagome finally replied, “Thanks for the job Mika” Silently thinking to herself how it would be to be Shuichi's assistant. It couldn't be bad right?
 
“You should actually thank Tohma - kun not me. He's the one that's hiring you.” Mika as she waved over a waiter.
 
Nodding her head, Kagome ordered her usual. Focusing on Mika, she was surprised to hear her start order some food that she normally wouldn't ever eat.
 
Confused, Kagome worriedly inquired, “Are you feeling alright Mika?”
 
“Yea why?”
 
Looking at her like she was crazy Kagome answered, “Because you just ordered leek, you hate leeks.”
 
Laughing nervously, Mika tried to evade Kagome's question, by changing the subject.
 
Raising an eyebrow, Kagome starred down Mika, waiting for her to crack. She knew her cousin could never keep a secret; especially a big one like this one appeared to be.
 
“Alright fine I'll tell you. But you have to promise me that you won't tell anyone.” Mika managed out, her eyes filled with joy. “I was originally going to wait a few more weeks to tell the whole family. Cause you see… I'm pregnant Kagome.”
 
“Oh my god, really. How many months along are you. Do you know the gender yet? Does Tohma know? Can I help plan your baby shower?” Kagome sputtered out question after question.
 
“Three, not yet, yes, and of course.” Mika calmly answered. “I haven't quite gotten around on planning the shower, do you have any ideas?”
 
“Of course.” Kagome giggled, starting to go on about ideas for the baby shower.
 
 
 
 
“Hey Yuki-kun when is Shuichi-san going to be here.” Kagome asked, wanting to tell him that she was going to be his new assistant.
 
“He called earlier and said he was bunking with Hiro tonight, since he'll be practicing late.” Yuki answered. “Why?”
 
“Wha… oh I just wanted to tell him about my new job. Starting tomorrow I shall be Shuichi's personal assistant.” Kagome smiled, resuming the video game she had been playing.
 
“You're kidding right.” Yuki spoke, stopping what he was doing to stare crazily at Kagome.
 
“Nope not at all. Now y'all have an extra ticket to tomorrow's concert. I have to be back stage for some reason. I'm also going to be going on tour with them.”
 
Nodding his head, Yuki responded, “I wouldn't be surprised when Tatsuha hears this that he'll try and kidnap you and go around posing as you. Just to meet Ryuichi.”
 
Laughing, Kagome agreed with Yuki. Slightly surprised that he was joking with her, but glad none the less.
 
“Hey when is your editor going to get here?” Kagome asked between laughs.
 
“He should be here soon.” Yuki replied composing himself just as the doorbell rang.
 
“You go answer it; I have to save the game.” Kagome said, focusing her attention back on her game.
 
Snorting, Yuki went to answer the door, shaking his head at her childness.
 
Humming to herself, Kagome proceeded to turn off her game. Never hearing the footsteps that began to slowly approach.
 
“Kagome this is my new editor, Suzuki - san.” Yuki introduced, successfully startling Kagome.
 
Turning around, Kagome was surprised to see the demon standing before her. “Shippo.” She loudly squealed, latching herself onto said fox demon.
 
 
__ (I was originally going to stop here, but since it has been a while since I've updated, I thought I'd extend it.)__
 
Humming to herself, Kagome waited or Tatsuha to hurry up and get his ass here. Though the concert didn't start for another two hours, she needed to be there to “assist” Shuichi-san.
 
Shippo was currently sitting beside her. It was a huge surprise to see him last night, and as her cousin's new editor no less.
 
He sure had grown over the last 500 years. Shippo was now a good few inches taller than her. His hair had grown longer, though he had an illusion masking his true self, she could still see right through it.
 
Thinking about him, Kagome's mind began to wander back to their conversation last night.
 
 
 
 
Flashback
 
“So how is Sesshomaru doing?” Kagome asked, curious about how he was doing.
 
“He's doing alright for himself. A few years back he brought some private land and that's where he's currently residing.” Shippo answered. “He mated a few hundred years back.”
 
“Really, who's the brave girl? Kagome curiously inquired, wondering what kind of demon Sesshomaru had mated.
 
“Her name was Hana, a dog demon like Sesshomaru himself. She was as strong minded as you and put up quite a challenge for Sesshomaru. Sadly though she died after giving birth to their fifth child and second daughter. Sesshomaru named the baby after her. Hana looks just like her mother.”
 
“How'd Sesshomaru take her death?
 
“He was heartbroken. He had barely managed to pull himself together for his children's sake.” Shippo said, then starting to go on about Sesshomaru's children. “The oldest is Kane who looks just like Sesshomaru; he's about three hundred years. And next are the twins, Chiyo and Yukio, who are about a hundred years. And then next in line is Kiyoshi, who looks nothing like Sesshomaru or Hana. And I've already told you about Hana.”
 
Nodding her head, Kagome began to ponder over what she had just been told.
 
“Sesshomaru's actually away in America with his children at the moment. In fact he's supposed to be returning in two weeks.”
 
“Really, I can't wait to see him again.” Kagome beamed happily.
 
 
 
 
She had also learned the fate of Miroku and Sango, who both grew old together in Keade's village. They ended up having the big family Miroku always wanted, 12 children.
 
Kagome was soon brought out of her thoughts, by Tatsuha's loud whining. “Please Kagome. All I want to do is go back stage with you!”
 
“No Tatsuha now stop acting like a four year old. Why don't you stay here with Shippo while I go look for Shuichi?” Kagome said, taking off before Tatsuha had a chance to argue.
 
Pouting, Tatsuha started to plan something devious when Shippo began to talk. “So you're Kagome's younger cousin.” Trying to make conversation.
 
“Wha... Oh yea. I'm sorry but what's your name again.”
 
“It's Suzuki Shippo. I'm an old friend of Kagome's and your brother's new editor.” Shippo answered, leaning against the wall.
 
“Shippo, where have I seen that face before.” Tatsuha thought to himself trying to figure out where he had heard that name before.
 
“Hey have you ever heard of a band called Blue Fire Kitsune.” Tatsuha asked if his suspicions were right, this was their lead singer who had mysteriously “disappeared” a few years back.
 
“Yea I have.” Shippo nonchalantly answered, though he was curious as to where he was going with this.
 
“Has anybody ever told you that you bear a striking resemblance to their lead singer? Hell you even have the same initials as him.” Tatsuha pointed out, knowing that he was right about who this Shippo really was.
 
“You're actually the first person to figure that out.” Shippo stated, surprised.
 
“How could anybody else not. I mean you have the same colored eyes, you're the same height, the fixed teeth, and the same hair.” Tatsuha pointed out.
 
Stunned Shippo managed to stutter, “Wait… wh… what's the color of my hair.”
 
“A reddish brown. Duh, Tatsuha answered, taking off to find a vending machine, leaving a confused Shippo in his wake.
 
Shippo just couldn't understand it. Only Kagome was ever able to see through his illusion.
 
“Are you coming or not.” Tatsuha yelled, snapping Shippo out of his thoughts.
 
Smirking, Shippo followed after the younger boy. There was definitely more to Tatsuha than he first thought.
 
 
 
 
Groaning, Kagome tried to awaken a passed out Shuichi. Apparently after practice, he stayed up all night at Hiro's practicing some more.
 
“Damn it Shuichi.” Kagome cursed, until it finally clicked, he perfect plan to wake the pink haired boy. “Hey Shuichi if you don't wake up right now, how is Yuki supposed to hear you sing tonight.”
 
“I'm up! I'm up!” Shuichi yelled, preparing to take off. Luckily Kagome managed to grab him by the collar of his shirt.
 
“Oh, hey Kagome-chan. What are you doing here? The concert doesn't start for another two hours.”
 
“I know Shuichi-san, but you see… I'm your new assistant.”
 
“Really! That's so cool Kagome.” Shuichi happily cried out, latching himself onto Kagome.
 
“Shuichi… I… need… air.” Kagome gasped, trying to pry the hyper singer off of her person.
 
“Hey punk, what are you doing down here? Shouldn't you be with Hiro and Seguchi?” A masculine voice spoke, immediately catching Shuichi's attention.
 
“Hai K-san.” Shuichi nervously greeted before sprinting down the hall way.
 
Shocked, Kagome turned to face the guy who had managed to scare Shuichi off. Standing in front of her, stood a tall, blond American holding a gun to her head.
 
“Who are you?” He calmly asked.
 
Trying to prevent herself form hyperventilating, Kagome was about to answer when she heard someone answer for her, “Relax K, that's Higurashi Kagome, Mika's cousin. She's Shuichi's new assistant.”
 
“Oh right. Sorry about that Higurashi-san.” K replied, lowering his weapon.
 
“It's alright…”
 
“Call me K.” K replied.
 
“Hai K-san” Kagome nodded her head in understanding.
 
“Follow me Kagome, I'll show you where Shuichi is. K, here has to go talk with Tohma-chan.” Ryuichi spoke, leaking Kagome in the direction Shuichi had taken off.
 
Nodding her head, Kagome said a goodbye to K, before following Ryuichi. To be honest she was slightly nervous, just being in his presence.
 
“It's good to see you again Kagome-chan. Kumagorou really misses you.” Ryuichi smiled, coming to a stop.
 
Stopping also, Kagome timidly replied, with her head face down, “Really, tell Kumagorou that I miss him also.”
 
“You know, Kumagorou isn't the only one who misses you.” Ryuichi said, starting to sound serious.
 
Blushing, Kagome was at a loss for words. Part of her kept thinking to herself that this could not be happening and that she was dreaming. There was absolutely now way, Sakuma Ryuichi was implying what she thought he was.
 
Kagome was suddenly brought out of herself doubts when she felt a warm hand gently lift her chin up. And before she knew it, Kagome was starring into a pair of intense violet eyes.
 
Slowly, very slowly, Ryuichi began to inch his face closer and closer to her own.
 
Panicking, Kagome sprinted down the hall in a panic. Scared of what might have happened, yet upset with herself over her quick getaway.
 
Shaking the feeling off, she deiced that it was for the best. With that in mind, Kagome set off to find Shuichi.
 
TBC
 
 
 
 
AN: Well here's chapter six. For those of y'all who have been waiting patiently for this chapter I'm sorry for the delay. *Yawn* I better be getting to sleep, I have school in four hours. O_0